Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Still no defenders... 09:21 - Jan 19 with 6397 viewsrochdale1987

Is it right to be worried that we are well over half way through the month and still there has been no developments in strengthening the area that Coleman and bell said they know they need to?

Maybe they aren't going to bring anyone in after all, because the few free agents that were knocking about are getting signed by clubs in a similar situation. I really am worried at the moment, I don't care who we sign now, I just want to see some fresh faces at the back.
Still no defenders... on 09:48 - Jan 19 with 4674 viewselectricblue

Well im not impressed in signing a striker over a centre back...

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Still no defenders... on 09:59 - Jan 19 with 4663 viewsSteTsGoldenBoot

I think the fact that we haven't yet signed the defender(s) that we are so desperate for poses the following questions :-

Are we now the last resort for a player? - Steve Parkin constantly bemoaned how hard it was to sign players, Hilcroft from day 1 never had that problem as Steve Eyre didnt. Are SP and JC just not liked in the footballing world so they are given a 'wide birth' by players.

Is Chris Dunphy 'withdrawing his support' for JC in a similar way David Kilpatrick did for Alan Buckley?

Are we just strapped for cash?

Does JC have such a small 'pool' to pick from that beyond Symes/Proctor/Winnard we are going to have to dip into non-league and the offer of league football?

Which ever way we cut it, I do believe that we need to be concerned! If the situation is the same on Feb 1st, we then need to be worried!
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Everything thats been, has past. The answers in the looking glass!

Still no defenders... on 10:07 - Jan 19 with 4650 views442Dale

A defender should have been found to immediately replace Edwards as soon as he went back to Blackburn.

Any game played/due to be played after that was too late because we'd ALL been aware of the need for someone.

Bell's comments in the Ob might hint as to why. With that in mind, imagine the saving made by releasing Craney and Putterill a month earlier and using their combined wage for a centre half on loan for a month as soon as the window opened. Just an idea.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Still no defenders... on 10:19 - Jan 19 with 4627 viewssweetcorn

Still no defenders... on 09:59 - Jan 19 by SteTsGoldenBoot

I think the fact that we haven't yet signed the defender(s) that we are so desperate for poses the following questions :-

Are we now the last resort for a player? - Steve Parkin constantly bemoaned how hard it was to sign players, Hilcroft from day 1 never had that problem as Steve Eyre didnt. Are SP and JC just not liked in the footballing world so they are given a 'wide birth' by players.

Is Chris Dunphy 'withdrawing his support' for JC in a similar way David Kilpatrick did for Alan Buckley?

Are we just strapped for cash?

Does JC have such a small 'pool' to pick from that beyond Symes/Proctor/Winnard we are going to have to dip into non-league and the offer of league football?

Which ever way we cut it, I do believe that we need to be concerned! If the situation is the same on Feb 1st, we then need to be worried!

Keith Hill often said that it was hard for him to attract players to dale at first, he also said that we were a last choice for many players. The players he signed many times were often misfits such as O'grady, Buckley, Wiseman, Done, Holness, Le Fondre. They were all players who were struggling at other clubs and got a chance at rochdale, i'm sure those players in the same situation being offered the chance for first team football which they wernt getting at similar level clubs would jump at the chance to play at another league club like rochdale.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Still no defenders... on 11:04 - Jan 19 with 4568 viewsSalwaDale

I agree with the OP. I am definitely worried. JC has spent so long slagging off the players at the back that we are absolutely desperate for replacements, but none are forthcoming. I guess we are waiting for an answer on Kevin Long. Had he not spent so long blaming the defenders we might not feel so desperate.

TBBT

Still no defenders... on 12:21 - Jan 19 with 4477 viewsYouTubeDale

Still no defenders... on 10:19 - Jan 19 by sweetcorn

Keith Hill often said that it was hard for him to attract players to dale at first, he also said that we were a last choice for many players. The players he signed many times were often misfits such as O'grady, Buckley, Wiseman, Done, Holness, Le Fondre. They were all players who were struggling at other clubs and got a chance at rochdale, i'm sure those players in the same situation being offered the chance for first team football which they wernt getting at similar level clubs would jump at the chance to play at another league club like rochdale.

If Coleman's contacts or influence is not masterful then use other contacts - networking...
Phone Keith up. He's doing nowt. Give him the job of sorting something out. I'm sure he would still want to help us out, and take pride in doing so. He seemed to be able to get all sorts of people in. One' s that spring to mind are Rotherham's midfielder Jason Taylor who provides the very steel we are looking for in the middle. He managed to get Jordan Rhodes, when nobody was talking about him. Didn't he have a go at getting Chris Wood from Brighton - now banging them in at Leicester?
On the same basis, why not spend the extra few pence calling Eyre. You could argue against me but I think he owes us a favour. All it needs is just one good defender to say yes and it could be the answer to the rest of our season.

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

Still no defenders... on 12:22 - Jan 19 with 4474 viewsSalwaDale

Still no defenders... on 12:21 - Jan 19 by YouTubeDale

If Coleman's contacts or influence is not masterful then use other contacts - networking...
Phone Keith up. He's doing nowt. Give him the job of sorting something out. I'm sure he would still want to help us out, and take pride in doing so. He seemed to be able to get all sorts of people in. One' s that spring to mind are Rotherham's midfielder Jason Taylor who provides the very steel we are looking for in the middle. He managed to get Jordan Rhodes, when nobody was talking about him. Didn't he have a go at getting Chris Wood from Brighton - now banging them in at Leicester?
On the same basis, why not spend the extra few pence calling Eyre. You could argue against me but I think he owes us a favour. All it needs is just one good defender to say yes and it could be the answer to the rest of our season.

Sadly Eyre was an awful judge of player and seemed to have no idea how they would perform at Dale.

That was his main failing for me.

TBBT

Still no defenders... on 12:28 - Jan 19 with 4454 viewsYouTubeDale

Still no defenders... on 12:22 - Jan 19 by SalwaDale

Sadly Eyre was an awful judge of player and seemed to have no idea how they would perform at Dale.

That was his main failing for me.

Give Eyre some credit, he wasn't wrong all the time. Huddersfield is on our doorstep, he has influence at the club and might want to point a defender our way who is good but not getting games - worth a punt.

Login to get fewer ads

Still no defenders... on 13:13 - Jan 19 with 4407 views442Dale

Still no defenders... on 12:28 - Jan 19 by YouTubeDale

Give Eyre some credit, he wasn't wrong all the time. Huddersfield is on our doorstep, he has influence at the club and might want to point a defender our way who is good but not getting games - worth a punt.

Balkestein? Trotman? Jordan?

Still no defenders... on 13:29 - Jan 19 with 4377 viewschuckleberry

Still no defenders... on 13:13 - Jan 19 by 442Dale

Bergkamp? Benali? He certainly didn't have an eye for talent.
Still no defenders... on 13:30 - Jan 19 with 4376 views49thseason

I think Holden and Jordan would be an improvement on what we have at the moment.
Still no defenders... on 13:34 - Jan 19 with 4364 views442Dale

Still no defenders... on 13:30 - Jan 19 by 49thseason

I think Holden and Jordan would be an improvement on what we have at the moment.

They'd fit in perfectly as they made similar mistakes as the current crop. For all his ability, Jordan has always been rubbish at actually defending.

Still no defenders... on 13:38 - Jan 19 with 4353 viewsolympicdale

What it looks like to me, is he is pinning all his hopes on signing Kevin Long, and again like always, Coleman doesnt have a plan B.

Life is a game of fate.

Still no defenders... on 13:54 - Jan 19 with 4313 viewsTVOS1907

Still no defenders... on 12:21 - Jan 19 by YouTubeDale

I very much doubt Eyre would want to do us any favours.

And if he did, he'd spend all afternoon on GMR telling us about it or getting his dad to say "Our Stephen told me."

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Still no defenders... on 14:08 - Jan 19 with 4293 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Still no defenders... on 13:54 - Jan 19 by TVOS1907

I very much doubt Eyre would want to do us any favours.

And if he did, he'd spend all afternoon on GMR telling us about it or getting his dad to say "Our Stephen told me."

Tend to agree

He would probably send over the biggest carthorse defender he knew,and then laugh up his sleeve.

That said,there is an feature on SSN from Steve Eyre saying how good Godwin Adabaki has been for Hudds and extending his loan till end of season.

Perhaps he may feel sorry for us?
Still no defenders... on 14:37 - Jan 19 with 4245 viewsRalphs12

Still no defenders... on 14:08 - Jan 19 by Yorkshire_Dale

Tend to agree

He would probably send over the biggest carthorse defender he knew,and then laugh up his sleeve.

That said,there is an feature on SSN from Steve Eyre saying how good Godwin Adabaki has been for Hudds and extending his loan till end of season.

Perhaps he may feel sorry for us?

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11740/8398078/Huddersfield-extend-strike
Still no defenders... on 14:52 - Jan 19 with 4225 viewsolympicdale

Still no defenders... on 14:37 - Jan 19 by Ralphs12

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11740/8398078/Huddersfield-extend-strike

surely this is someone we need to be developing for OUR side, and with a view to making the breakthrough to the first team, I cant admit to seeing him much, but he looks to be progressing well at 'uddersfield.

Life is a game of fate.

Still no defenders... on 16:46 - Jan 19 with 4144 viewsYouTubeDale

Yes, there were poor players but my point was that he wasn't wrong all of the time. Ashley Grimes, Andrew Tutte and Stephen Darby and there must be others although I struggle to name any. I believe he brought in 20 players and overall I agree he wasn't a good judge. But my other point was that he has influence at a good team, including dare I say City, and he only needs to refer that one gem. Perhaps you are right that he may be bitter towards us, but we don't know that. If he tells Coleman to F off then he's got the picture. Anyway, this is all conjecture and he's probably already been sounded out.

...that's probably where the name Clarke Carlisle came from.

Still no defenders... on 19:51 - Jan 19 with 4009 viewsstuartcryer

Still no defenders... on 10:19 - Jan 19 by sweetcorn

buckley started his career with us

wardle blue

Still no defenders... on 23:47 - Jan 19 with 3935 viewsShun

Mcnulty at Fleetwood is mentioned in today's Observer.
Still no defenders... on 23:56 - Jan 19 with 3930 viewsTomRAFC

Still no defenders... on 23:47 - Jan 19 by Shun

would rather we were after someone with more league experience.

a steady old head that will allow bennet a decent chance to develop

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Still no defenders... on 02:03 - Jan 20 with 3898 viewsSaxonDale

Still no defenders... on 23:47 - Jan 19 by Shun

He doesn't seem to have the best CV in the world. Vauxhall Motors, Barrow and Fleetwood. 29 and looks a bit of a porker too.
Still no defenders... on 09:43 - Jan 20 with 3857 viewsRalphs12

Still no defenders... on 19:51 - Jan 19 by stuartcryer

buckley started his career with us

Don't think he did.
Still no defenders... on 10:42 - Jan 20 with 3821 viewselectricblue

Didnt dale poach him from owdham along with higgy....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Still no defenders... on 13:18 - Jan 20 with 3764 viewsBigDaveMyCock

This is total speculation, but I would envisage situation where the manager has requested an ex-Accy player and the board have said a firm 'no'. In the absence of bringing in an ex-Accy player, JC has spat his dummy out and said ok we're not bringing in any central-defenders - similarly with Mcconville and wide players - or he simply can't work outside of 'that' pool of players.

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024