Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Keith Hill in talks over a 3 year contract 18:38 - Apr 1 with 21001 viewsheywooddale

Keith Hill in talks over a 3 year contract according to Richard Partington on twitter
Keith Hill in talks over a 3 year contract on 12:12 - Apr 4 with 1808 viewsolympicdale

Keith Hill in talks over a 3 year contract on 11:35 - Apr 4 by R17ALE

It is probably nearer to an average of £15 per person Lama, and it's 23 league games which equals £776,595.

And 20% of that goes to the VAT man leaving us with £621,276.

Either way it is grim, and as pcolly said elsewhere, it makes the search for new fans even more vital.

Thats a worrying fact, meaning that nearly half had to be payed up by the board just to break even on wages alone, discounting stadium/policing costs. The drop in away attendances this year will have hurt incredibly in the pockets, the average this year must be around the 5-700, whether last year it surely would have been way above the 1000 mark. We need to be targeting new fans, but this has been said many times, you cant force people to attend, but the club need to be doing something to try get in some new blood, the Dale in the community, I understand do some good work promoting the club around schools etc, we need more offers for the kids at games, free tickets etc.

Life is a game of fate.

Keith Hill in talks over a 3 year contract on 12:47 - Apr 4 with 1740 viewspcolly

Keith Hill in talks over a 3 year contract on 12:12 - Apr 4 by olympicdale

Thats a worrying fact, meaning that nearly half had to be payed up by the board just to break even on wages alone, discounting stadium/policing costs. The drop in away attendances this year will have hurt incredibly in the pockets, the average this year must be around the 5-700, whether last year it surely would have been way above the 1000 mark. We need to be targeting new fans, but this has been said many times, you cant force people to attend, but the club need to be doing something to try get in some new blood, the Dale in the community, I understand do some good work promoting the club around schools etc, we need more offers for the kids at games, free tickets etc.

We have had many a promotion aimed at kids. Free tickets in the hope they bring a paying adult along. And I'm sure this works for the one game it is aimed at and a great way to get new faces to spotland. In fact a neighbours son got a free ticket for a game,as he played for Bridge Colts I believe, and the father did indeed go with him and pay in.
However, when I asked what he thought, he wasn't complimentary on the day out. "I wouldn't pay £18 for that again".
Therein lies the problem. The fans we need, the ones that wont turn up on the terraces regardless of the performance, don't currently see a trip to spotland as a good value afternoon out.
The match day experience for the fan has to be improved if we are to see attendances go in the right direction.
You can have as many offers and promotions as you like, but until the product is something people will actually pay for, it won't solve the problem long term.
Keith Hill in talks over a 3 year contract on 12:52 - Apr 4 with 1725 viewsSuddenLad

Keith Hill in talks over a 3 year contract on 12:47 - Apr 4 by pcolly

We have had many a promotion aimed at kids. Free tickets in the hope they bring a paying adult along. And I'm sure this works for the one game it is aimed at and a great way to get new faces to spotland. In fact a neighbours son got a free ticket for a game,as he played for Bridge Colts I believe, and the father did indeed go with him and pay in.
However, when I asked what he thought, he wasn't complimentary on the day out. "I wouldn't pay £18 for that again".
Therein lies the problem. The fans we need, the ones that wont turn up on the terraces regardless of the performance, don't currently see a trip to spotland as a good value afternoon out.
The match day experience for the fan has to be improved if we are to see attendances go in the right direction.
You can have as many offers and promotions as you like, but until the product is something people will actually pay for, it won't solve the problem long term.

"You can have as many offers and promotions as you like, but until the product is something people will actually pay for, it won't solve the problem long term."

Or you tailor the cost to suit the product. Higher admission prices according to league position has been tried at several places.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Keith Hill in talks over a 3 year contract on 13:37 - Apr 4 with 1661 viewsSaxonDale

Keith Hill in talks over a 3 year contract on 12:52 - Apr 4 by SuddenLad

"You can have as many offers and promotions as you like, but until the product is something people will actually pay for, it won't solve the problem long term."

Or you tailor the cost to suit the product. Higher admission prices according to league position has been tried at several places.

I think that would be seen as too much of a high risk strategy. The club need to make the experience of going to Spotland much more than just watching the football, otherwise we will never beat the likes of City or United in attracting new fans. New supporters should be leaving and thinking that regardless of the result, they had got value for money.
Keith Hill in talks over a 3 year contract on 14:13 - Apr 4 with 1622 viewspcolly

Keith Hill in talks over a 3 year contract on 13:37 - Apr 4 by SaxonDale

I think that would be seen as too much of a high risk strategy. The club need to make the experience of going to Spotland much more than just watching the football, otherwise we will never beat the likes of City or United in attracting new fans. New supporters should be leaving and thinking that regardless of the result, they had got value for money.

Nail squarely hit on the head.
It may cost a few quid to get ideas up and running but the way the attendances are heading there's little doubt that something has to be done to attract not only new fans but also the ones we have recently lost.
How to get the 1000 fans back that have been lost is open to debate and I'm sure there's no easy answer.

How would you go about it?
Keith Hill in talks over a 3 year contract on 15:58 - Apr 5 with 1380 viewsColDale

Hilly in the Ob: “We’re all sat amicably round the table at the moment and just seeing where we want to go, I’m sure the chairman and board of directors want to get back to winning matches, competing, being commercially viable, getting live TV games and producing sellable assets.

“I want to rebuild the club. I’ve got a lot of ambition in football and I can achieve a lot of that with Rochdale, as long as it’s compatible with a business plan and a football plan.”
Keith Hill in talks over a 3 year contract on 16:03 - Apr 5 with 1365 viewslurker

Keith Hill in talks over a 3 year contract on 15:58 - Apr 5 by ColDale

Hilly in the Ob: “We’re all sat amicably round the table at the moment and just seeing where we want to go, I’m sure the chairman and board of directors want to get back to winning matches, competing, being commercially viable, getting live TV games and producing sellable assets.

“I want to rebuild the club. I’ve got a lot of ambition in football and I can achieve a lot of that with Rochdale, as long as it’s compatible with a business plan and a football plan.”

Good old Hilly! He knows what leverage is, that's for damn sure!

He makes some excellent points (have we had a TV game since he left?). You have to speculate to accumulate.
Keith Hill in talks over a 3 year contract on 16:47 - Apr 5 with 1329 viewsBartRowou

Keith Hill in talks over a 3 year contract on 16:03 - Apr 5 by lurker

He makes some excellent points (have we had a TV game since he left?). You have to speculate to accumulate.

TV games + Keith Hill = revenue + dropped points

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Login to get fewer ads

Keith Hill in talks over a 3 year contract (n/t) on 16:52 - Apr 5 with 1318 viewsSalwaDale

I can be mysterious too edit.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

TBBT

Keith Hill in talks over a 3 year contract on 16:55 - Apr 5 with 1308 viewsolympicdale

Hill needs to let go of the board's balls, he could do some serious damage soon.

Life is a game of fate.

Keith Hill in talks over a 3 year contract on 17:08 - Apr 5 with 1294 viewsD_Alien

Keith Hill in talks over a 3 year contract on 16:55 - Apr 5 by olympicdale

Hill needs to let go of the board's balls, he could do some serious damage soon.

Depends if he wants to stick or twist

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Keith Hill in talks over a 3 year contract on 17:55 - Apr 5 with 1245 viewsolympicdale

Keith Hill in talks over a 3 year contract on 17:08 - Apr 5 by D_Alien

Depends if he wants to stick or twist

I think he'd be a real nut case to do either.

Life is a game of fate.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024