Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Keith Hill in talks over a 3 year contract 18:38 - Apr 1 with 21003 viewsheywooddale

Keith Hill in talks over a 3 year contract according to Richard Partington on twitter
Keith Hill in talks over a 3 year contract on 22:28 - Apr 1 with 2886 viewscrazyhorse

Behind the Managerial scenes Jonah would be an exciting choice.

Being a Battller Like Genghis I'm sure a fearless contribution would be well recieved.....Tactically....can he deliver the goods?.. rommell-like strategies? COuld be risk.
Keith Hill in talks over a 3 year contract on 22:30 - Apr 1 with 2848 viewsjudd

Keith Hill in talks over a 3 year contract on 22:28 - Apr 1 by crazyhorse

Behind the Managerial scenes Jonah would be an exciting choice.

Being a Battller Like Genghis I'm sure a fearless contribution would be well recieved.....Tactically....can he deliver the goods?.. rommell-like strategies? COuld be risk.

All appointments come with risk. Leave it to Hilly.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Keith Hill in talks over a 3 year contract on 22:37 - Apr 1 with 2820 viewsolympicdale

Keith Hill in talks over a 3 year contract on 22:25 - Apr 1 by mizfit

Yeah he did his coaching badges just for the fun of it really didn't he

In fairness the interview I heard was a good while back, I haven't been keeping an eye on it since. It is interesting that BBM has taken a more hands on approach while on the touchline since Hill has come back, being groomed as a number two maybe.

Life is a game of fate.

Keith Hill in talks over a 3 year contract on 22:44 - Apr 1 with 2802 viewsTrisha

Keith Hill in talks over a 3 year contract on 22:37 - Apr 1 by olympicdale

In fairness the interview I heard was a good while back, I haven't been keeping an eye on it since. It is interesting that BBM has taken a more hands on approach while on the touchline since Hill has come back, being groomed as a number two maybe.

BAMBACLAM
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

The black talk show goddess

Keith Hill in talks over a 3 year contract on 22:45 - Apr 1 with 2799 viewsmizfit

Keith Hill in talks over a 3 year contract on 22:37 - Apr 1 by olympicdale

I wouldn't post stuff like that then if I were you
Keith Hill in talks over a 3 year contract on 23:08 - Apr 1 with 2766 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Keith Hill in talks over a 3 year contract on 22:45 - Apr 1 by mizfit

Love the irony that Hill is getting some stick for going when Jones did far worse - he openly kicked off with D.K. re Parkin move and yet - you know what - the guy is a legend.

Hill moved for a reason - I dont blame him - could have handled it better but I dare say there is more than meets the eye - for all we know the board may have been holding out for more cash - so much goes on that is not always common knowledge on here.

I dont really care - good luck to K.H.

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Keith Hill in talks over a 3 year contract on 23:14 - Apr 1 with 2747 viewsolympicdale

Keith Hill in talks over a 3 year contract on 22:45 - Apr 1 by mizfit

BBM in grooming scandal..

Life is a game of fate.

Keith Hill in talks over a 3 year contract on 00:07 - Apr 2 with 2676 viewsTomRAFC

During Hill's first spell we were all very aware of how he ran the club because he spoke so openly about it.

His use of sports science and his scouting system (of both prospective players and oppositions) for example.

He always had a plan and system in place and it usually worked well. He rarely backed down on the budget but we usually got quality players.

He is unlikely to sign a deal he is unhappy with or that will limited his signings or the facillities available to him.

If he signs it is probably going to cost the directors a fair bit of money in investments but done correctly the club could re-establish itself and we can see the last few seasons banished as a blemish on the clubs history and nothing more without seeing any permanent damage.

I also hope the board (who I have defended quite strongly) have learned a lesson about managerial appointments and what seems to work for this club and will have a better alternative in mind next time should the Hill plan fail or should he receive a better offer.

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Login to get fewer ads

Keith Hill in talks over a 3 year contract on 01:08 - Apr 2 with 2647 viewsSuddenLad

Keith Hill in talks over a 3 year contract on 22:25 - Apr 1 by mizfit

Yeah he did his coaching badges just for the fun of it really didn't he

Jonah has made it clear previously that he sees his future in sports journalism. When last he was asked, he had little interest in sitting on the sidelines in any capacity.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Keith Hill in talks over a 3 year contract on 05:25 - Apr 2 with 2607 viewsDiddyDave

Three year deal,twelve month deal,it matters not as contracts aren`t worth the paper they`re written on these days. Either the manager himself or clubs` boards get shafted one way or the other,so it`s all academic and no use getting excited over it. Hill will stay at Dale until he gets offered a job somewhere else and likewise the board will get shot of him if the team under performs. Nothing more,nothing less.
Keith Hill in talks over a 3 year contract on 08:43 - Apr 2 with 2535 viewsColDale

Keith Hill in talks over a 3 year contract on 05:25 - Apr 2 by DiddyDave

Three year deal,twelve month deal,it matters not as contracts aren`t worth the paper they`re written on these days. Either the manager himself or clubs` boards get shafted one way or the other,so it`s all academic and no use getting excited over it. Hill will stay at Dale until he gets offered a job somewhere else and likewise the board will get shot of him if the team under performs. Nothing more,nothing less.

said it a million times, but I'd take Hill leaving in exactly the same way again rather than the way Eyre and Coleman had to leave. That financial statement which is currently being posted out to shareholders shows exactly the reason why we need Keith Hill at this club for as long as possible whether that down to nearly a million quid in transfer fees on players he developed and made better players, and his wage budget that took us to our highest ever position being £200,000 less than the one that successfully took us back to the Rochdale division.
Keith Hill in talks over a 3 year contract on 17:16 - Apr 2 with 2345 viewsTVOS1907

Keith Hill in talks over a 3 year contract on 18:47 - Apr 1 by 442Dale

That after match interview on Friday and the subsequent reaction may have had the desired effect.

The tweets also mention more in Wednesday's Ob. With lots of MASSIVE pictures.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

You were right about the MASSIVE pictures.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Keith Hill in talks over a 3 year contract on 17:56 - Apr 2 with 2284 viewsThe_DJ

Keith Hill in talks over a 3 year contract on 20:38 - Apr 1 by wmgunit

True again. Nobody is compelled to share their reasons, but not doing so kind of defeats the object of posting on a message board, no?

Refusing to share the reasons behind your statements is akin to the unfounded bullying and aggression you speak of rather than someone wanting to participate in interesting discussion. In short, it is anti-enlightenment.

Again, in your opinion.
Keith Hill in talks over a 3 year contract on 18:12 - Apr 2 with 2258 viewspioneer

Keith Hill in talks over a 3 year contract on 19:37 - Apr 1 by olympicdale

I never understood the sort of people who boycott games just because they hate a manager, how is that supporting the team, they come on and state they support the team no matter what though.

Or is it a case of 'boycotting games' becuase the product on offer is (that the manager is responsible for) is putrid.

Nothing personal about the manager, purely professional, what he put on the field was the worst garbage we had seen for years and if it was to continue it wouldnt be with money from my pocket.
Keith Hill in talks over a 3 year contract on 18:24 - Apr 2 with 2243 viewswmgunit

Keith Hill in talks over a 3 year contract on 17:56 - Apr 2 by The_DJ

Again, in your opinion.

Polka dot cats scuba dive amongst the pigeons.
Keith Hill in talks over a 3 year contract on 18:24 - Apr 2 with 2240 views442Dale

Keith Hill in talks over a 3 year contract on 17:16 - Apr 2 by TVOS1907

You were right about the MASSIVE pictures.

But there has to be some substance, we were told to buy the Ob.

Unless it was just for the ENORMOUS pictures.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Keith Hill in talks over a 3 year contract on 21:11 - Apr 2 with 2136 viewsShun

Keith Hill in talks over a 3 year contract on 08:43 - Apr 2 by ColDale

said it a million times, but I'd take Hill leaving in exactly the same way again rather than the way Eyre and Coleman had to leave. That financial statement which is currently being posted out to shareholders shows exactly the reason why we need Keith Hill at this club for as long as possible whether that down to nearly a million quid in transfer fees on players he developed and made better players, and his wage budget that took us to our highest ever position being £200,000 less than the one that successfully took us back to the Rochdale division.

I still find that last point staggering.
Keith Hill in talks over a 3 year contract on 21:38 - Apr 2 with 2093 viewsfitzochris

Keith Hill in talks over a 3 year contract on 21:11 - Apr 2 by Shun

I still find that last point staggering.

Me too. Definitely an eye opener.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Keith Hill in talks over a 3 year contract on 21:41 - Apr 2 with 2084 viewsSaxonDale

Especially seeing as MattDaleMon spent half his time on here claiming Eyre hadn't been backed by the board.
Keith Hill in talks over a 3 year contract on 21:59 - Apr 2 with 2040 viewsSandyman

At one point didn't Eyre assemble what CD said was "the biggest squad in our history" ?

http://www.rochdale.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=26620

How costly on so many levels was Eyre's tenure to this club ?
Keith Hill in talks over a 3 year contract on 22:15 - Apr 2 with 1998 viewsR17ALE

Keith Hill in talks over a 3 year contract on 21:59 - Apr 2 by Sandyman

At one point didn't Eyre assemble what CD said was "the biggest squad in our history" ?

http://www.rochdale.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=26620

How costly on so many levels was Eyre's tenure to this club ?

Very. We were done over by an articulate, pleasant, handsome, con man.

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Keith Hill in talks over a 3 year contract on 22:23 - Apr 2 with 1968 viewspl56

Keith Hill in talks over a 3 year contract on 08:43 - Apr 2 by ColDale

Like other posters I'm gobsmacked by this piece of intelligence .

Can I just be clear in my mind Col , the squad that took us to 9th in Division 1 in 2011 cost significantly less than the rubbish that had us relegated last year ?

I know bad decisions were taken in the wake of KH's departure , but , without doubting you , I just find that totally incredible !!
Keith Hill in talks over a 3 year contract on 22:31 - Apr 2 with 1943 viewsolympicdale

Keith Hill in talks over a 3 year contract on 21:38 - Apr 2 by fitzochris

Me too. Definitely an eye opener.

just showed we were paying ridiculous wages to players no where near deserving of it, however three of the highest earners from that year may still be here now.

Life is a game of fate.

Keith Hill in talks over a 3 year contract on 22:35 - Apr 2 with 1930 viewsColDale

Keith Hill in talks over a 3 year contract on 22:23 - Apr 2 by pl56

Like other posters I'm gobsmacked by this piece of intelligence .

Can I just be clear in my mind Col , the squad that took us to 9th in Division 1 in 2011 cost significantly less than the rubbish that had us relegated last year ?

I know bad decisions were taken in the wake of KH's departure , but , without doubting you , I just find that totally incredible !!

Wage Bill 2010-11 £1,162,040 - finished 9th
Wage Bill 2011-12 £1,380,621 - finished 24th
Keith Hill in talks over a 3 year contract on 22:39 - Apr 2 with 1917 viewssandylaner1

Keith Hill in talks over a 3 year contract on 22:35 - Apr 2 by ColDale

Wage Bill 2010-11 £1,162,040 - finished 9th
Wage Bill 2011-12 £1,380,621 - finished 24th

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024