Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just a fun trip down memory lane.............................. 20:42 - Apr 24 with 104154 viewsDale57

What things and places have a special place in your Rochdale childhood.........
Some of mine are
Brights nursery on whitwoth rd
Heybrook school
Howarth cross
Football and sports against other schools around Rochdale
Rochdale baths
ABC cinema
Holingworth lake
Fair on cattle market (now cop shop)
Ashy valley flats
Loads more.
Just a fun trip down memory lane.............................. on 20:45 - Apr 24 with 20426 viewsSalwaDale

Cinema.
Ian singing Bruce Springsteen.
Little Gem buses.
Pie, peas and oodles of vinegar at Dale.
The potato van in the town centre - beautiful little spuds with salt.
The sheep (are they still there?)

TBBT

Just a fun trip down memory lane.............................. on 20:47 - Apr 24 with 20402 viewsDale57

Just a fun trip down memory lane.............................. on 20:45 - Apr 24 by SalwaDale

Cinema.
Little Gem buses.

Do you remember the Selnec buses and the tank tops they wore,lol
Just a fun trip down memory lane.............................. on 20:50 - Apr 24 with 20370 viewsColDale

Roller City
Tesco Roundabout
Cheggers bringing Swap Shop at the Town Hall
Christmas Tree on top of the Dunlop building
The bronze sheep in the town centre
Cricket Club at Dane Street
Re-election
Rochdale Fun Run
Just a fun trip down memory lane.............................. on 20:55 - Apr 24 with 20308 viewsjudd

Tazzy

Poll: What is it to be then?

Just a fun trip down memory lane.............................. on 20:55 - Apr 24 with 20340 viewsMoonyDale

The black pea man on his bike
The Candy Box shop on Oldham rd where I used to buy my Corgi and Matchbox toys
ABC minors Saturday mornings
Walking into town down Drake St and calling into Hills and Stewards before going to Bradleys Records to buy some vinyl.
Being collared by Moggy to get him on the Ellen Smith's coach for half price...(he always seemed to get away with it too)

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Just a fun trip down memory lane.............................. on 20:58 - Apr 24 with 20331 viewsmikehunt

Black Pea Man
Sammy Cole in clogs and the siege of his house.
Food fight at Newbold Infants' School that made it on to national news
Sunken Gardens
Fountain with goldfish partway up the steps to St Chads
The stocks at St Chads
Duckpond opposite where the art gallery is.
Robinson's Common
Big Tit Lou (sigh)

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Just a fun trip down memory lane.............................. on 20:59 - Apr 24 with 20325 viewssykeboy

bloody hell all in your op - fieldhouse cc on whitworth road,bradley records,nell rackers,hamer yc
Just a fun trip down memory lane.............................. on 21:00 - Apr 24 with 20299 views442Dale

Just a fun trip down memory lane.............................. on 20:45 - Apr 24 by SalwaDale

Cinema.
Little Gem buses.

The sheep are still there.

Great call on the Little Gem buses, when they first started running the reaction amongst the locals of Norden was akin to Biff and co seeing Marty McFly on a hoverboard.

From various eras:
Football at Lenny Barn
Madison's
Norden CC's steaming grass pile
Oulder Hill red-gra
The old Ratcliffe Arms

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Login to get fewer ads

Just a fun trip down memory lane.............................. on 21:04 - Apr 24 with 20266 viewsTVOS1907

Just a fun trip down memory lane.............................. on 20:50 - Apr 24 by ColDale

Roller City
Tesco Roundabout
Cheggers bringing Swap Shop at the Town Hall
Christmas Tree on top of the Dunlop building
The bronze sheep in the town centre
Cricket Club at Dane Street
Re-election
Rochdale Fun Run

That Cheggers thing was brilliant.

"Welcome to Rochdale city centre!"

"And now we bring on Cyril Smith!"

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Just a fun trip down memory lane.............................. on 21:08 - Apr 24 with 20272 viewsnordenblue

Getting money back for an empty glass bottle of cream soda!!!Them where the days
Just a fun trip down memory lane.............................. on 21:14 - Apr 24 with 20255 viewsDale57

Just a fun trip down memory lane.............................. on 21:08 - Apr 24 by nordenblue

Getting money back for an empty glass bottle of cream soda!!!Them where the days

Ben Shaws delivered at home every week,lol
Just a fun trip down memory lane.............................. on 21:15 - Apr 24 with 20246 viewsDale57

Just a fun trip down memory lane.............................. on 20:55 - Apr 24 by MoonyDale

The black pea man on his bike
The Candy Box shop on Oldham rd where I used to buy my Corgi and Matchbox toys
ABC minors Saturday mornings
Walking into town down Drake St and calling into Hills and Stewards before going to Bradleys Records to buy some vinyl.
Being collared by Moggy to get him on the Ellen Smith's coach for half price...(he always seemed to get away with it too)

Black pea man,bloody hell yeh,used to wait for him ringin ha ha
Just a fun trip down memory lane.............................. on 21:17 - Apr 24 with 20234 viewsChaffRAFC

The cinema holds a place in my memory. Got a cracking memory of my big brother taking me there, having to queue right up near where McDonalds used to be to go and see Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2.

The video shop on Whitworth Road as well, used to go and rent out old WWF videos and Sega Megadrive games. Same with the video shop in Sudden as well actually. Lost count of how many times I rented out NHL 94.

Toymaster on Yorkshire Street. Used to be in there literally every week for a new WWF figure or a new subbuteo team. Brilliant times.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Just a fun trip down memory lane.............................. on 21:17 - Apr 24 with 20236 viewsDale57

Queuing at Yelloway coaches in the Rochdale holidays for the coach to Blackpool,the week after scotch week (thank god)
Just a fun trip down memory lane.............................. on 21:27 - Apr 24 with 20206 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Just a fun trip down memory lane.............................. on 21:17 - Apr 24 by Dale57

Queuing at Yelloway coaches in the Rochdale holidays for the coach to Blackpool,the week after scotch week (thank god)

......anyone used to go to Burnley Mecca on Yelloways on a Saturday Night? Always a great turnout from the bus garage.

Called at the Yates's Wine Lodge first, for some dodgy Aussy wine,delivered in a brown paper bag,swig on coach over to Burnley.......plastered when we got there!

Great,great days.
Just a fun trip down memory lane.............................. on 21:30 - Apr 24 with 20200 viewsBigKindo

The old cobbled Toad Lane. How Rochdale could do with that now instead of the featureless market.
The boozers on Blackwater Street.
Mary Fish selling boiled sweets whilst walking the perimeter of the pitch at Spotland.
Sam Smiths Mild at a shilling a pint.
The Palace cinema on Gt. George St. where they had double seats on the back row and usherettes who constantly flashed their torches at you whilst shouting 'Stop doing that!
Two piece suits at Weaver to Wearer for £ 2 10s. 0d.
Just a fun trip down memory lane.............................. on 21:31 - Apr 24 with 20198 viewsBigKindo

Double post.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Just a fun trip down memory lane.............................. on 21:44 - Apr 24 with 20171 viewschuckleberry

Save Records
Our Price
The subway into the bus station
Madisons and subsequently Bar101; coke was the same price as a pint...
The cafe in the swimming baths
Just a fun trip down memory lane.............................. on 21:47 - Apr 24 with 20168 viewsPops2

Gordon Fletcher, Geography teacher at Royton & Crompton.

Mention Kenya, Tony's chippy or Rochdale FC and he would not give you any work to do because he was easily distracted. Great days, shame he is a fail fan, the tw*t.
Just a fun trip down memory lane.............................. on 21:48 - Apr 24 with 20134 viewsjudd

Black Sedan Records

Poll: What is it to be then?

Just a fun trip down memory lane.............................. on 22:09 - Apr 24 with 20130 viewsSandyman

Just a fun trip down memory lane.............................. on 21:48 - Apr 24 by judd

Black Sedan Records

This, and the Tractor music shop
Gigs at the College and the Brittania pub
Black pea man
The Bridge Inn (pre- Merry Monk) + Foresters on bury Road
Reg Jenkins
Wooleys chippy on College Road
The old market
The old library
Just a fun trip down memory lane.............................. on 22:10 - Apr 24 with 20129 viewsTalkingSutty

7AM Saturday morning starts at Springfield Park golf course (Marland). Walk the rough finding lost golf balls, polish them up on your trousers and then sell them back to the golfers on the greens.

If the search was proving fruitless i used to strip down to my Y fronts and wade in the River Roch (think it was the 9th hole), there was always a few in there. The aim was to make enough money to get up to Spotland for the game and cover the entrance fee, i never failed!!

That was nearly thirty five years ago.
Just a fun trip down memory lane.............................. on 22:11 - Apr 24 with 20126 viewsDale57

Old Tom bottled beer in the St James Tavern,tasted like veno's.
Just a fun trip down memory lane.............................. on 22:17 - Apr 24 with 20110 viewsBrighouseDale

Saw this at Manchester Transport Museum last week and thought it might be familair to a few of you Rochdalians-

http://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152739009320103&id=713855102&set=a.101502

I am the resurrection and I am the light.

Just a fun trip down memory lane.............................. on 22:45 - Apr 24 with 20049 viewsClivert

The Hill at Spotland (can we name it Keith Hill now?)

The roundabout with a Church in the middle of it(rather than saying the junction at the bottom of Whitworth Road).

Hornets not playing at Spotland.

2 hospitals.

Edit Yorkshire st sheep already mentioned.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024