Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Breaching the iron curtain 21:21 - Sep 7 with 17509 viewsjacko_dale

I've not signed up to the Bury message board and seem to remember people saying there was a strict selection process for becoming a member...so wondering if anyone who managed to slip through the net could give us an idea of what the mongs thought about today's game? Are they all as deluded as their David Brent wannabe manager?

Spellcheck edit!
[Post edited 7 Sep 2013 21:22]
Breaching the iron curtain on 21:28 - Sep 7 with 10970 viewsjimmysbaldhead

Ranting on with themselves how they couldn't beat a very poor team. Also they have picked out Henderson, saying he was lucky to still be on the pitch???? Can anyone point out this incident with Henderson because I must have missed it.
To be fair there are some well thought out posts as well. I think the bury jury is still out on KB.
Breaching the iron curtain on 21:30 - Sep 7 with 10956 viewssandylaner1

CCTV footage of blackwell's half time team talk

Breaching the iron curtain on 21:34 - Sep 7 with 10928 viewsjacko_dale

Aye, the ones I've spoken to don't seem to be fans of Hendo. Persistent fouling apparently.
Breaching the iron curtain on 21:42 - Sep 7 with 10879 viewsSalwaDale

In fairness, quite a few on there honest about things. Many saying Blackwell was out-thought by a proper manager. One ridiculing the manager for criticising the ref that was in their favour. Most seem to think we were up for it and they weren't, and that Blackwell is clueless. I hope they don't ever sack him, his comments are comedy gold.

TBBT

Breaching the iron curtain on 10:32 - Sep 8 with 10580 views100notout

surprised a few haven't posted on here. Come on diddy, gigger et al. Revolution?

#revolutionmyarse

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Breaching the iron curtain on 10:33 - Sep 8 with 10577 viewsColDale

There's an incredible amount of back slapping on there about what a fantastic set of fans Bury are and how many they brought yesterday. You'd think it was the biggest away following they've ever had. Given the empty section at the Pearl Street End, the block nearest the Sandy being less than half full and the first four rows closed off, it looked a ever so slightly less than average away following for Bury - probably about 1750-1800. And I know they had nowt to sing about, but it was the quietest away following I've heard. They made more noise spraying beer about at half time with their "Fúck the Dale"and IRS chants. But reading their forum, you'd genuinely be mistaken for thinking that they brought more than the normally do.
Breaching the iron curtain on 12:12 - Sep 8 with 10428 viewsTVOS1907

Breaching the iron curtain on 10:33 - Sep 8 by ColDale

There's an incredible amount of back slapping on there about what a fantastic set of fans Bury are and how many they brought yesterday. You'd think it was the biggest away following they've ever had. Given the empty section at the Pearl Street End, the block nearest the Sandy being less than half full and the first four rows closed off, it looked a ever so slightly less than average away following for Bury - probably about 1750-1800. And I know they had nowt to sing about, but it was the quietest away following I've heard. They made more noise spraying beer about at half time with their "Fúck the Dale"and IRS chants. But reading their forum, you'd genuinely be mistaken for thinking that they brought more than the normally do.

Away following was 2161.

They will be claiming we've made that up, in a Bradford-stylee.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Breaching the iron curtain on 12:21 - Sep 8 with 10406 viewsAtThePeake

Breaching the iron curtain on 12:12 - Sep 8 by TVOS1907

Away following was 2161.

They will be claiming we've made that up, in a Bradford-stylee.

Been banned from the Bury messageboard for saying George Donnelly would knock Brian Jensen out. (Inciting violence.)

So that makes it 3500 home fans? That's quite good.

Tangled up in blue.

Login to get fewer ads

Breaching the iron curtain on 12:41 - Sep 8 with 10366 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Breaching the iron curtain on 12:21 - Sep 8 by AtThePeake

Been banned from the Bury messageboard for saying George Donnelly would knock Brian Jensen out. (Inciting violence.)

So that makes it 3500 home fans? That's quite good.

Lots of floaters around yesterday........need em to come back next Satdee.
Breaching the iron curtain on 12:46 - Sep 8 with 10352 viewsTVOS1907

Breaching the iron curtain on 12:41 - Sep 8 by Yorkshire_Dale

Lots of floaters around yesterday........need em to come back next Satdee.

Sounds like a Sunday morning after a skinful and a curry!

Breaching the iron curtain on 13:16 - Sep 8 with 10295 viewsshaker90

You fully deserved yesterday we were poor probably the poorest I have seen us play for a long long time thinking back to the Casper and Barrow days for a performance that bad!

I still have no idea why BBM was forced out still showing what a good player he is even at 35(?)

Henderson if he was number 40? I said to my mates early on he could be off if he doesn't keep clipping Beeley!

One player I was very very impressed with was your right back (Bennett?) thought he looked quality read the game superbly and dealt with whatever was thrown at him everyone around me was raving about him!
Breaching the iron curtain on 13:27 - Sep 8 with 10253 viewsTVOS1907

Breaching the iron curtain on 13:16 - Sep 8 by shaker90

You fully deserved yesterday we were poor probably the poorest I have seen us play for a long long time thinking back to the Casper and Barrow days for a performance that bad!

I still have no idea why BBM was forced out still showing what a good player he is even at 35(?)

Henderson if he was number 40? I said to my mates early on he could be off if he doesn't keep clipping Beeley!

One player I was very very impressed with was your right back (Bennett?) thought he looked quality read the game superbly and dealt with whatever was thrown at him everyone around me was raving about him!

BBM is only in the team at the moment due to Cavanagh's suspension and now his injury.

I would expect Cavanagh to come back in when he's fit, although we will miss BBM's deadball ability.

Breaching the iron curtain on 13:41 - Sep 8 with 10220 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Breaching the iron curtain on 13:16 - Sep 8 by shaker90

For what it's worth I didn't think you were as bad as some posts indicate. You looked like what you are - a team assembled very quickly that doesn't really know each other. I didn't think you were spineless. I saw plenty of effort just a lack of understanding. You reminded me a bit of us under Eyre - but probably more defensively sound. An amassing of players rather than a team.
The worse thing you can do now is carry on signing players. You need to give the current crop time, despite the fact that you may sink a bit before you swim in the short-term. The problem is it's Bury and you don't seem to be able to help yourself.

Psst.........Tutte's available by the way. £100,000 ........oh alright £105,000 but you're snatching me arm off.

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Breaching the iron curtain on 13:46 - Sep 8 with 10204 viewsshaker90

I fully agree not being harsh on your lot as you thoroughly deserved the win but I thought yesterday was a poor performance from both sides!

The only changes I would be making would be a new left back and to bring Soares back in just behind the striker when fit.

Just a question on our team what did you think of Beeley (the right back)?
Also what happened when Carson went down he's got a right shiner but completely missed the incident.
Breaching the iron curtain on 14:11 - Sep 8 with 10144 viewsTVOS1907

Breaching the iron curtain on 13:46 - Sep 8 by shaker90

I fully agree not being harsh on your lot as you thoroughly deserved the win but I thought yesterday was a poor performance from both sides!

The only changes I would be making would be a new left back and to bring Soares back in just behind the striker when fit.

Also what happened when Carson went down he's got a right shiner but completely missed the incident.

He made a good diving save from Vincenti's header and collided with someone in the process.

On seeing we had retained possession, he decided to stay down, then tried to get up, then went down again.

Breaching the iron curtain on 14:18 - Sep 8 with 10130 viewsDaley_Lama

Max Beesley didn't stand out for me, is he being lauded for having an outstanding game over there?

I thought your number 25 was the perfect replacement for Sodje. First half when we were getting into it he was a bit calamatous, second half he made a fantastic clearance over the bar with Hogan sniffing behind. Ying and Yang.

Nobody has mentioned it but I will, the songs about incidents of a child abuse nature in Rochdale and more recently Heywood were rather poor taste by the usual minority towards the TDS stand. Not exonorating our lot previous, just the latest incident of poor taste by those that like this sort of thing.

Poll: DF in or out

Breaching the iron curtain on 14:23 - Sep 8 with 10119 viewsshaker90

Not saying he played he his best game but was probably our best player yesterday

The number 25 billy edge is miles better than Dodje, and he doesn't wear a bandana.

I agree the son about taxi drivers wasn't really needed, although there were some of a similar nature from some of your fans. I didn't know Jimmy Saville was still alive and is now a dale fan though!
Breaching the iron curtain on 14:27 - Sep 8 with 10106 viewsD_Alien

Breaching the iron curtain on 14:23 - Sep 8 by shaker90

Not saying he played he his best game but was probably our best player yesterday

The number 25 billy edge is miles better than Dodje, and he doesn't wear a bandana.

I agree the son about taxi drivers wasn't really needed, although there were some of a similar nature from some of your fans. I didn't know Jimmy Saville was still alive and is now a dale fan though!

Beesley. Didn't know who your right back was, but one of our classier players, Henderson, does now. Got nothing out of him all game. That says something about Beesley.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Breaching the iron curtain on 14:32 - Sep 8 with 10095 viewsshaker90

Henderson did seem to resort to trying to just kick him at one point, Beeley is on loan from Fleetwood till January if we can get him here full time he could be sold on for a massive profit in the future.
Breaching the iron curtain on 15:05 - Sep 8 with 10027 viewsAtThePeake

Breaching the iron curtain on 14:32 - Sep 8 by shaker90

Henderson did seem to resort to trying to just kick him at one point, Beeley is on loan from Fleetwood till January if we can get him here full time he could be sold on for a massive profit in the future.

He'll be 25 by January, and he's a right back. I wouldn't say 'massive' profit.

Tangled up in blue.

Breaching the iron curtain on 15:09 - Sep 8 with 10013 viewsRotherhamDale

Breaching the iron curtain on 14:32 - Sep 8 by shaker90

I'd swap Beeley for any of our right backs. I thought he was Bury's best player by a fair distance yesterday.
Roberts on the other hand, was pretty dire.

Possession with progression.

Breaching the iron curtain on 15:10 - Sep 8 with 10004 viewsSaxonDale

I thought Beeley was one of the few (if only) Bury players who would get into our team based on yesterday's performance.
Breaching the iron curtain on 15:24 - Sep 8 with 9970 viewsshaker90

Breaching the iron curtain on 15:09 - Sep 8 by RotherhamDale

I'd swap Beeley for any of our right backs. I thought he was Bury's best player by a fair distance yesterday.
Roberts on the other hand, was pretty dire.

Agree with Roberts the thing is yesterday was one of his better games for us o far
Breaching the iron curtain on 15:48 - Sep 8 with 9920 viewsShun

Beeley impressed me. Definitely your best player.
Breaching the iron curtain on 18:35 - Sep 8 with 9733 viewsPDIDDY

Breaching the iron curtain on 10:32 - Sep 8 by 100notout

surprised a few haven't posted on here. Come on diddy, gigger et al. Revolution?

#revolutionmyarse

Never went so can't comment

Gissa job

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024