Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
end of contracts 11:34 - Jun 30 with 2106 viewselectricblue

Well its almost that time that in a few hours there will be plenty of players whos contracts who have finished and they become free agents..
I wonder if Hill as a few lined up to for the preseason summer training camp.......

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

end of contracts on 11:50 - Jun 30 with 2067 viewsisitme

I doubt it.

On his Dale Player interview last week he mentioned that he would like two new players. I cannot see there being lots of trialists taken on the preseason tour, as it takes a place away from one of our younger players.
end of contracts on 12:19 - Jun 30 with 1990 viewsfitzochris

In my own opinion, we are at least two players down, given the contribution both Cav and O'Connell made last season.

As long as they are replaced in some form, anything more is a bonus.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

end of contracts on 13:17 - Jun 30 with 1856 viewsSaxonDale

end of contracts on 12:19 - Jun 30 by fitzochris

In my own opinion, we are at least two players down, given the contribution both Cav and O'Connell made last season.

As long as they are replaced in some form, anything more is a bonus.

It will be interesting to see how it pans out, Hill has stated on Daleplayer that he'd be 'very keen' to bring in two extra players and it will be interesting to see which positions they are for. I agree with you Fitzo that O'Connell and Cav are two players that'd need replacing however I also think we're one striker short. Obviously Hill has a better idea than any of us so he may be relying on one of the youth talents stepping up to fill one of the voids.
end of contracts on 14:06 - Jun 30 with 1759 viewsYadHoDale

AFAIK Jason Taylor waa transfer listed by Cheltenham at the end of last season.

I'm not aware he's moved anywhere yet.

He has played both holding midfield and centre back and had a successful loan spell with us.
end of contracts on 14:32 - Jun 30 with 1714 viewsTomRAFC

Some kind of physical presence up front as a second option.

Maybe another quality defender. Although I do expect Eastham to step up to the plate much in the same way that Bob did.

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

end of contracts on 14:52 - Jun 30 with 1673 viewsAtThePeake

end of contracts on 13:17 - Jun 30 by SaxonDale

It will be interesting to see how it pans out, Hill has stated on Daleplayer that he'd be 'very keen' to bring in two extra players and it will be interesting to see which positions they are for. I agree with you Fitzo that O'Connell and Cav are two players that'd need replacing however I also think we're one striker short. Obviously Hill has a better idea than any of us so he may be relying on one of the youth talents stepping up to fill one of the voids.

Hogan, Donnelly, Muldoon, Bunney can all play in our lone striker role. Can't see us signing a forward. Have to agree that Defensive Mid and Centre Back are the two positions we need to strengthen.
[Post edited 30 Jun 2014 17:27]

Tangled up in blue.

end of contracts on 15:13 - Jun 30 with 1620 viewsSaxonDale

end of contracts on 14:52 - Jun 30 by AtThePeake

Hogan, Donnelly, Muldoon, Bunney can all play in our lone striker role. Can't see us signing a forward. Have to agree that Defensive Mid and Centre Back are the two positions we need to strengthen.
[Post edited 30 Jun 2014 17:27]

Is Muldoon a striker? I had the impression he played out on the left. If he is a striker then I agree we have enough but if not we'll have the same attacking options as last season minus Cummins (Admittedly no big loss), not sure whether that'd be enough for League 1.
end of contracts on 18:02 - Jun 30 with 1416 viewsChaffRAFC

Are we all forgetting that Sean McGinty has signed? Hill spoke extremely highly of the lad and basically said he's O'Connell's replacement.

Think we need a wide man which Hill has also identified with bringing Park in on trial. Possibly a defensive midfielder needed. Someone who can break up play and stick a tackle in.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Login to get fewer ads

end of contracts on 19:08 - Jun 30 with 1325 viewsisitme

end of contracts on 18:02 - Jun 30 by ChaffRAFC

Are we all forgetting that Sean McGinty has signed? Hill spoke extremely highly of the lad and basically said he's O'Connell's replacement.

Think we need a wide man which Hill has also identified with bringing Park in on trial. Possibly a defensive midfielder needed. Someone who can break up play and stick a tackle in.

I agree.

We already have Lancashire, McGinty, Eastham an Bennett with O'Connor waiting in the wings. I feel that we are well served in this area unless we could get a player of O'Connell's calibre on loan.

We do need more depth in the centre of midfield and a pacey wide player to provide a different option.
end of contracts on 20:22 - Jun 30 with 1234 viewshxdale

end of contracts on 19:08 - Jun 30 by isitme

I agree.

We already have Lancashire, McGinty, Eastham an Bennett with O'Connor waiting in the wings. I feel that we are well served in this area unless we could get a player of O'Connell's calibre on loan.

We do need more depth in the centre of midfield and a pacey wide player to provide a different option.

A scoring defender would suit us down to the ground... No names required...
end of contracts on 20:29 - Jun 30 with 1210 viewsisitme

end of contracts on 20:22 - Jun 30 by hxdale

A scoring defender would suit us down to the ground... No names required...

Who is to say that McGinty is not that man? He is a big unit. Quite often goals from corners are as much about delivery as they having a good header of the ball. Kennedy could drop them on Dawson's head on a regular basis.
end of contracts on 19:04 - Jul 3 with 831 viewsfitzochris

end of contracts on 19:08 - Jun 30 by isitme

I agree.

On the wide player front, Wolves have made Anthony Forde available for loan.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

end of contracts on 19:50 - Jul 3 with 775 viewsrochdale1

Stephen Dawson still without club, wages may be problem
end of contracts on 20:04 - Jul 3 with 752 viewsYorkshire_Dale

end of contracts on 19:50 - Jul 3 by rochdale1

"wages may be a problem"...........not at bury!
end of contracts on 20:11 - Jul 3 with 739 views442Dale

end of contracts on 19:50 - Jul 3 by rochdale1

Pure averageness would be a bigger problem.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024