Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
NFR Christmas Traditions 10:37 - Dec 19 with 1162 viewsJames1980

What family Christmas Traditions do you recall from childhood? Have you carried any of them on?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

NFR Christmas Traditions on 11:03 - Dec 19 with 1131 viewsD_Alien

Avoiding seeing people you've managed to steer clear of all year

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

NFR Christmas Traditions on 12:54 - Dec 19 with 1064 viewselectricblue

As a.child we where not allowed up and into our parents bedroom and then run down stairs before 7-30am to open presents...
After the prezzie openings it was a wash and changed into our best clothes and the dreaded christmas jumper some aunty bought...
Weather permitting we where allowed to play out on our bikes etc...

Then off to our parents from christmas dinner...

Now that our daughter as grown up and lives with her partener we talk overvthe phone etc and go for a walk with the dogs in the morning...

Big difference is that the missus as lost both parents this year and it will be a bit teary...

So up at 7-30am walk the dogs the prezzie time..

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

NFR Christmas Traditions on 13:45 - Dec 19 with 1023 viewsDaleiLama

When I was a kid Gran used to make us snowballs. Only alcohol we were allowed all year pre-16. It's a dreadful drink but I still love em even now. Also inherited a tradition of proper mushy peas as one of the veg with the turkey which has endured to this day. Thinking on - she had a lot to answer for did Gran. I should be more scarred (although thinking back - I was when she took us blackberry picking ……. even when she was virtually blind!) Sigh.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

NFR Christmas Traditions on 15:08 - Dec 19 with 989 views1949er

I was two years old at the end of WW2 , so money was an issue. Going to bed early, being woken by Father Christmas falling into the wardrobe and saying a naughty word. Waking up Christmas morning to find a tangerines and a sixpence. That's where dementia sets in.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?

NFR Christmas Traditions on 15:13 - Dec 19 with 977 viewsMoonyDale

NFR Christmas Traditions on 11:03 - Dec 19 by D_Alien

A man after my own heart...Wake me up when it's done with....

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

NFR Christmas Traditions on 15:29 - Dec 19 with 961 viewskiwidale

NFR Christmas Traditions on 11:03 - Dec 19 by D_Alien

To be fair D_A that's hard to do on here... bollox I've done it again

This is not the time for bickering.

NFR Christmas Traditions on 16:08 - Dec 19 with 935 viewskiwidale

NFR Christmas Traditions on 12:54 - Dec 19 by electricblue

As a.child we where not allowed up and into our parents bedroom and then run down stairs before 7-30am to open presents...
After the prezzie openings it was a wash and changed into our best clothes and the dreaded christmas jumper some aunty bought...
Weather permitting we where allowed to play out on our bikes etc...

Then off to our parents from christmas dinner...

Now that our daughter as grown up and lives with her partener we talk overvthe phone etc and go for a walk with the dogs in the morning...

Big difference is that the missus as lost both parents this year and it will be a bit teary...

So up at 7-30am walk the dogs the prezzie time..

Parents need to realise that kids are awake at 2 o'clock on Christmas morning the gap between 2 o'clock and 7.30 to a kid can be measured in dog years and likened to a starving dog looking through the butchers window.

NFR Christmas Traditions on 16:10 - Dec 19 with 933 viewskiwidale

NFR Christmas Traditions on 13:45 - Dec 19 by DaleiLama

When I was a kid Gran used to make us snowballs. Only alcohol we were allowed all year pre-16. It's a dreadful drink but I still love em even now. Also inherited a tradition of proper mushy peas as one of the veg with the turkey which has endured to this day. Thinking on - she had a lot to answer for did Gran. I should be more scarred (although thinking back - I was when she took us blackberry picking ……. even when she was virtually blind!) Sigh.

Nice post lad Christmas can be bitter sweet... merry Christmas.

Login to get fewer ads

NFR Christmas Traditions on 16:25 - Dec 19 with 917 viewsDaleiLama

NFR Christmas Traditions on 16:10 - Dec 19 by kiwidale

Nice post lad Christmas can be bitter sweet... merry Christmas.

Merry Xmas to you and yours too Kiwi.

NFR Christmas Traditions on 17:01 - Dec 19 with 882 viewschalky_ncfc

I would like to wish all of you Daleys a great Christmas and all the best for the New Year

Poll: Do you now think that Notts have suffered enough since Munto?

NFR Christmas Traditions on 17:04 - Dec 19 with 878 viewsD_Alien

NFR Christmas Traditions on 15:13 - Dec 19 by MoonyDale

A man after my own heart...Wake me up when it's done with....

Don't mind the parties (in Liverpool tonight for a bit of a piss up) but it's the awkward relatives, forced jollity and sick-inducing adverts...

Each to their own though

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

NFR Christmas Traditions on 17:23 - Dec 19 with 849 viewsJames1980

As Children My Brother, Sister and I would sit in Mum and Dad's room and open our stockings, which would mainly be novelty items, (use to like those toy figures with the parachute, apart from when the string invariably got tangled)
Then go downstairs where we had a gift that was referred to as a Father Christmas present, usually something like a book (One year I noticed, Santa had very similar hand writing to my Mum).
Then cooked breakfast with this playing on the record player

That should be a link to the Tijuana Brass Christmas Album
[Post edited 19 Dec 2018 17:27]

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

NFR Christmas Traditions on 17:24 - Dec 19 with 849 viewsTTNYear

I’d like to wish you a festive f*** off chalky

Anti-cliquism is the last refuge of the messageboard scoundrel - Copyright Dorset Dale productions

NFR Christmas Traditions on 17:53 - Dec 19 with 809 viewsNigeriamark

Bit odd here in Ukraine. 1st of all they celebrate Christmas Day on 7th January instead of 25th December. I have pointed this out that they seem to have cocked up their dates but they don’t seem to understand

Even odder is that it isn’t a special day with presents and big festivities. Instead they do all of this on New Year’s Day which is a big family occasion. Again i have tried to be helpful and tell them they are confusing new year and Christmas, but still falling on deaf ears

Odd bunch these Ukrainians. Bet they don’t even go on the lash on New Year’s Eve
NFR Christmas Traditions on 18:00 - Dec 19 with 795 viewsDaleiLama

NFR Christmas Traditions on 17:53 - Dec 19 by Nigeriamark

Bit odd here in Ukraine. 1st of all they celebrate Christmas Day on 7th January instead of 25th December. I have pointed this out that they seem to have cocked up their dates but they don’t seem to understand

Even odder is that it isn’t a special day with presents and big festivities. Instead they do all of this on New Year’s Day which is a big family occasion. Again i have tried to be helpful and tell them they are confusing new year and Christmas, but still falling on deaf ears

Odd bunch these Ukrainians. Bet they don’t even go on the lash on New Year’s Eve

In Japan Xmas is out on the lash with mates and now to do with the family, but NY is a big family get together and quiet (or so I was told)

NFR Christmas Traditions on 19:00 - Dec 19 with 754 viewselectricblue

NFR Christmas Traditions on 16:08 - Dec 19 by kiwidale

Parents need to realise that kids are awake at 2 o'clock on Christmas morning the gap between 2 o'clock and 7.30 to a kid can be measured in dog years and likened to a starving dog looking through the butchers window.

Not in our house...

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

NFR Christmas Traditions on 19:21 - Dec 19 with 742 viewsArthurDaley

Getting a good slap round the ear for playing with the empty boxes, and not the soldiers in it. Strange what you can remember from 65 years ago

A large VAT Dave

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024