Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sorry to do this but nail your colours to the mast 17:49 - Jan 12 with 3280 viewsJames1980

Sorry to do this but nail your colours to the mast

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

Sorry to do this but nail your colours to the mast on 17:53 - Jan 12 with 2665 viewsSuddenLad

More pointless drivel.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Sorry to do this but nail your colours to the mast on 18:04 - Jan 12 with 2606 viewssweetcorn

I mean this in the politest way possible.. f*ck off with this shite
[Post edited 12 Jan 2019 18:06]

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Sorry to do this but nail your colours to the mast on 18:04 - Jan 12 with 2607 viewsSunningDale

I thought ParkinsGimp was out of order having a pop at you the other day, but I can see where the impulse came from. You do post some crap.

Poll: Should James1980 stop posting pointless polls that have been done to death?

Sorry to do this but nail your colours to the mast on 18:11 - Jan 12 with 2532 viewsrichfoad32

Why are you on here stirring all this up again? There is maybe the odd disgruntled poster but there's more of a positive vibe tonight.
Sorry to do this but nail your colours to the mast on 18:19 - Jan 12 with 2463 viewsdalenumber2

Please let's focus on the positives from today - there were some. Pretty sure that Hill's not going anywhere fast, he has recruited well so far and we have time to turn all this around. If he is staying, which he seems to be, let's get behind him now.
Sorry to do this but nail your colours to the mast on 18:25 - Jan 12 with 2423 viewsMolly

James, as I write this your initial post is 30 minutes old. It has been viewed by over 200 people, 7 of whom have been bothered to vote. What good can such a survey do? Whatever the result it will make no difference whatsoever to what happens with regards to decisions made in the Rochdale board room.

What it can and will do is to stir up bickering, name calling and discontent between individuals with diametrically opposed opinions. It can do no good or serve any really useful purpose.

Why not go back to your original post and take your survey down? you know it makes sense.
Sorry to do this but nail your colours to the mast on 18:25 - Jan 12 with 2421 viewsrichfoad32

Sorry to do this but nail your colours to the mast on 18:19 - Jan 12 by dalenumber2

Please let's focus on the positives from today - there were some. Pretty sure that Hill's not going anywhere fast, he has recruited well so far and we have time to turn all this around. If he is staying, which he seems to be, let's get behind him now.

This. James, you seem to have got a lot of other posters backs up by accusing of them of being overly critical and negative and then on a day when the reaction to defeat has been pretty benign you come out with this. It just smacks of trying to stir up trouble.
Sorry to do this but nail your colours to the mast on 18:26 - Jan 12 with 2406 viewschalky_ncfc

There's no option for extending Hills contract?

I normally like to see Dale do well but as Notts get ever closer to life in the National League im hoping that the flack will be less severe should Dale go down as well

Hill in

Poll: Do you now think that Notts have suffered enough since Munto?

Login to get fewer ads

Sorry to do this but nail your colours to the mast on 18:28 - Jan 12 with 2376 viewsD_Alien

Sorry to do this but nail your colours to the mast on 18:26 - Jan 12 by chalky_ncfc

There's no option for extending Hills contract?

I normally like to see Dale do well but as Notts get ever closer to life in the National League im hoping that the flack will be less severe should Dale go down as well

Hill in

What's the story behind the 15000 at Meadow Lane, chalky?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Sorry to do this but nail your colours to the mast on 18:35 - Jan 12 with 2298 viewselectricblue

Getting boring this concept of hill in hill out lark....

Just leave it to the board as it is their decision....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Sorry to do this but nail your colours to the mast on 18:37 - Jan 12 with 2281 viewsJames1980

Genuinely I was not trying to cause trouble, despite opinions it is not in my nature. I

Sorry to do this but nail your colours to the mast on 18:41 - Jan 12 with 2242 viewsforeverhopefulDale

Sorry to do this but nail your colours to the mast on 18:37 - Jan 12 by James1980

Genuinely I was not trying to cause trouble, despite opinions it is not in my nature. I

Is it not obvious that is what your post would do, cause unnecessary rifts in the fan base.? Especially when there had been some improvement in the performance and result.

Poll: Will you be signing up to Direct Debit for Goldbond?

Sorry to do this but nail your colours to the mast on 18:52 - Jan 12 with 2171 viewsD_Alien

I've not met James, but know people who have. The only thing that's obvious is his enthusiasm, which sometimes gets the better of him

Travelling fairly regularly up from the south coast to COA (see his post earlier today on alternative train routes) will tell anyone all they need to know. However annoying his posts can sometimes be, i suspect he's missing the kind of context that most of us would apply, through having adopted Dale as his team at a much later stage in life than those of us brought up with connections to Rochdale

I'm not making excuses for him, and i'm sure he'd not want me to, but i'm absolutely certain that he doesn't post to sow discord but only because his enthusiasm and curiosity gets the better of him sometimes, without a relevant filter to stop him

Sorry to do this but nail your colours to the mast on 18:56 - Jan 12 with 2138 viewsDalenet

Sorry to do this but nail your colours to the mast on 18:28 - Jan 12 by D_Alien

What's the story behind the 15000 at Meadow Lane, chalky?

It was £2 to get in and described as a must win game
Sorry to do this but nail your colours to the mast on 18:58 - Jan 12 with 2117 viewsJames1980

Sorry to do this but nail your colours to the mast on 18:41 - Jan 12 by foreverhopefulDale

Is it not obvious that is what your post would do, cause unnecessary rifts in the fan base.? Especially when there had been some improvement in the performance and result.

Please note my signature/suffix and also the options. I don't think it is unknown the major issue I have is with those with an agenda. There are two options for those with one, especially the last. Also I may have reacted to a certain Facebook page on here. Plus is there not a positive to be gleaned. You are rounding on me which would suggest Team Rochdale Embers still glow brightly.

Sorry to do this but nail your colours to the mast on 18:58 - Jan 12 with 2111 viewsD_Alien

Sorry to do this but nail your colours to the mast on 18:56 - Jan 12 by Dalenet

Cheers

Impressive support (even at that price) but made no difference

Sorry to do this but nail your colours to the mast on 19:12 - Jan 12 with 2056 viewschalky_ncfc

Sorry to do this but nail your colours to the mast on 18:58 - Jan 12 by D_Alien

Cheers

Impressive support (even at that price) but made no difference

It i wasn't a season ticket holder I would have tried to get a refund for false advertising,today was dire,every week I think that at least Notts can't get any worst....and then prove me wrong,if we get relegated then I can Hardy walking and then we will really be in trouble

Poll: Do you now think that Notts have suffered enough since Munto?

Sorry to do this but nail your colours to the mast on 19:26 - Jan 12 with 2007 viewsfrenzied

Sorry to do this but nail your colours to the mast on 18:56 - Jan 12 by Dalenet

A fine effort,,,

How much was it to get out ?🙂
Sorry to do this but nail your colours to the mast on 20:19 - Jan 12 with 1842 viewsDaleiLama

Sorry to do this but nail your colours to the mast on 18:25 - Jan 12 by richfoad32

This. James, you seem to have got a lot of other posters backs up by accusing of them of being overly critical and negative and then on a day when the reaction to defeat has been pretty benign you come out with this. It just smacks of trying to stir up trouble.

I can understand your point of view completely and that of all other posters who have posted in a similar vein. This is not a dig at you, I have just tagged my post onto this as it was the last one expressing frustration.

As D_A pointed out, the main thing James is guilty of is a sometimes misguided passion which can get the better of him. I have spent some time in his company and despite adopting the club quite recently and not being from the borough originally, he is still a very committed fan. After stumping up for a ST knowing his shifts won't allow him to attend all home games, he makes a 15h, 500m round trip to come to most home games and has signed up to I-follow and would like to have a subscription to golden gamble if someone from the club would sign him up. I am neither defending him nor speaking for him, but the way I see it, he is very, very supportive of our cause and is perhaps guilty of single-mindedness in that support. He isn't a "superfan" since I believe all fans are equal, but sometimes, showing the level of commitment and passion he does, he becomes too impassioned. Is it not better to be fully committed to the cause than not support the club at all though? We will never all agree on anything.

Winning (or in the case of today, putting up a fight and only losing 2-1 away when we lost 4-1 at home) papers over the cracks somewhat, as has the bringing in of fresh blood which will hopefully see the squad stronger at the end of the window. The posting of this thread was unnecessary in most peoples eyes. I don't doubt that James posted it with the best intentions but he was wide of the mark. It's always worth remembering there are two sides to every story and not all intentions are bad or have an agenda attached to them.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Sorry to do this but nail your colours to the mast on 20:28 - Jan 12 with 1791 viewsdalenumber2

Sorry to do this but nail your colours to the mast on 20:19 - Jan 12 by DaleiLama

I can understand your point of view completely and that of all other posters who have posted in a similar vein. This is not a dig at you, I have just tagged my post onto this as it was the last one expressing frustration.

As D_A pointed out, the main thing James is guilty of is a sometimes misguided passion which can get the better of him. I have spent some time in his company and despite adopting the club quite recently and not being from the borough originally, he is still a very committed fan. After stumping up for a ST knowing his shifts won't allow him to attend all home games, he makes a 15h, 500m round trip to come to most home games and has signed up to I-follow and would like to have a subscription to golden gamble if someone from the club would sign him up. I am neither defending him nor speaking for him, but the way I see it, he is very, very supportive of our cause and is perhaps guilty of single-mindedness in that support. He isn't a "superfan" since I believe all fans are equal, but sometimes, showing the level of commitment and passion he does, he becomes too impassioned. Is it not better to be fully committed to the cause than not support the club at all though? We will never all agree on anything.

Winning (or in the case of today, putting up a fight and only losing 2-1 away when we lost 4-1 at home) papers over the cracks somewhat, as has the bringing in of fresh blood which will hopefully see the squad stronger at the end of the window. The posting of this thread was unnecessary in most peoples eyes. I don't doubt that James posted it with the best intentions but he was wide of the mark. It's always worth remembering there are two sides to every story and not all intentions are bad or have an agenda attached to them.

I'm sure you are right. In spite of not wanting to see the original post this evening when things were feeling a bit more positive, I still value James as a contributor and admire his support.
Sorry to do this but nail your colours to the mast on 21:03 - Jan 12 with 1682 viewsrochdale_ranger

nicw post numb nuts
Sorry to do this but nail your colours to the mast on 09:38 - Jan 13 with 1396 viewsShakerbhoy

Sorry to do this but nail your colours to the mast on 17:53 - Jan 12 by SuddenLad

More pointless drivel.

Just going through a tough time and stuck in a rut....you should all be careful what you wish for
Sorry to do this but nail your colours to the mast on 10:31 - Jan 13 with 1300 viewsmikehunt

My perception was that James was trying to tap into that slight shift in mood towards the positive. Still only one match though and if the poor sods who come in are treated like our last lot and switched all over the place and left to get splinters on their butts then nothing (imo) will have changed and we will continue to plunge, inexorably, towards the trap door.
PS Although it might not sound like it I am in the positive mood camp - just. ☺

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Sorry to do this but nail your colours to the mast on 13:53 - Jan 13 with 1117 viewsPotterDale

Sorry to do this but nail your colours to the mast on 18:58 - Jan 12 by James1980

Please note my signature/suffix and also the options. I don't think it is unknown the major issue I have is with those with an agenda. There are two options for those with one, especially the last. Also I may have reacted to a certain Facebook page on here. Plus is there not a positive to be gleaned. You are rounding on me which would suggest Team Rochdale Embers still glow brightly.

James, you are reacting to a FB page that is the exact opposite to what the title suggests it is. The appreciation is only for when we are winning, it has got the most one sided negative views of any page this side of Knutsford.
Sorry to do this but nail your colours to the mast on 15:53 - Jan 13 with 1019 viewsJames1980

In hindsight yes I was very misguided, sorry for the offence caused. Good to see that 75% will back Hill to the end of the season though.
Scouts honour no more polls relating to management of the club.

I choose Dale as my team when I were at school, via ceefax/teletext. First season ticket was 2017/18 season due to a finances improving slightly

I am no longer following that particular FB page
[Post edited 13 Jan 2019 16:25]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024