Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Protest 19:13 - Nov 23 with 4612 viewsdalenumber2

Some fans on the Facebook page are planning a protest against the board and chairman next Sunday !
Protest on 19:22 - Nov 23 with 4544 views49thseason

How exciting! And just after one of then spent 15 minutes telling Bolton Radio how wonderfully well run the club is.
[Post edited 23 Nov 2019 19:26]
Protest on 19:25 - Nov 23 with 4508 viewsdingdangblue

What are they protesting about? The pies?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Protest on 19:27 - Nov 23 with 4494 viewsmightydale

Good, the board are taking piss out of us fans (that's if I can still class myself a fan).
The board are dragging us backwards, they've fcuked up everything they've touch, and as for Bottomley sooner he driven from the club the better.

Poll: How many season tickets will we sell for next season

Protest on 19:32 - Nov 23 with 4450 viewswindowsbug

Well....
I won't be going. I'm not about to pay any more to watch that boring style of play.
I go to be entertained, I don't mind getting beaten by a better team, but today's performance was gutless.
Protest on 19:55 - Nov 23 with 4318 viewsDickydaler

Protest on 19:32 - Nov 23 by windowsbug

Well....
I won't be going. I'm not about to pay any more to watch that boring style of play.
I go to be entertained, I don't mind getting beaten by a better team, but today's performance was gutless.

You didn't go on Tuesday did you! Today was far better and I thought we played pretty well in the first half.
If the ball had fallen more favourably for us today and we'd drawn or won I bet you wouldn't be grumbling so much. Sometimes it's matter of small margins and luck.
I'm always amazed at 'supporters' who say they're not coming again. Maybe they're not supporters at all!
Protest on 20:09 - Nov 23 with 4241 viewsD_Alien

Protest on 19:55 - Nov 23 by Dickydaler

You didn't go on Tuesday did you! Today was far better and I thought we played pretty well in the first half.
If the ball had fallen more favourably for us today and we'd drawn or won I bet you wouldn't be grumbling so much. Sometimes it's matter of small margins and luck.
I'm always amazed at 'supporters' who say they're not coming again. Maybe they're not supporters at all!

The result looks terrible, but i agree with you in that we didn't play badly at all

In terms of small margins, the game turned on their ability to pick out a man in the box whereas we got into some great positions then failed to do so

I still felt we could've got something from the game with about 15 minutes to go, but having youth team players coming on from the bench was never going to cut it. Overall, i couldn't single out any of our lads for having a poor game, and whilst the performance has been described elsewhere as "gutless", i beg to differ. there was no lack of guts or endeavour on display, just that marginal difference in quality and experience

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Protest on 20:19 - Nov 23 with 4179 viewsdingdangblue

Protest on 19:32 - Nov 23 by windowsbug

Well....

No one likes seeing us losing games but I'm sorry - it was far from gutless. We had much the better of the first half and should have been leading never mind 0-1 down at ht.Then the 2nd half plan of getting level - maybe even going onto win goes out the window after Portsmouth's first attack.
We are missing key players - certainly 3 starters with McShane,Rathbone and Dooley and we haven't the squad to cope with that.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Protest (n/t) on 20:26 - Nov 23 with 4129 viewsroccydaleian

Protest on 19:25 - Nov 23 by dingdangblue

What are they protesting about? The pies?

[Post edited 23 Nov 2019 20:27]
Login to get fewer ads

Protest on 20:28 - Nov 23 with 4119 viewsSuddenLad

Some of the criticism is OTT and unjustified.

We played the football. We created chances aplenty but failed to convert them. Their keeper made one top class save from a Camps effort and Pyke hit the post with a header, with the keeper in No Mans' Land and clutching at fresh air. Small margins and all that.

Had we converted what we created, we would have won. Pompey were clinical, took their chances and scored 3 times.

Frustrating? Yes Disappointing ? Certainly

There are a couple of weak links (Keohane and MJ) but there are also some encouraging signs and things to cheer, but BBM needs help to increase the depth of his squad, either in numbers or experience - or both.

We are desperate for a central defender (assuming McShane is a lengthy absentee), we need some muscle up front who can mix it, and ffs can we practice corners. There's no excuse for some of the pi$$ poor attempts we have made in taking them.

That bench today said everything about the problems we face. We might well have some promising kids, but they can't do it on their own and they need some old heads to guide them.

Get some hungry experienced players and give BBM a chance. He clearly has the ideas and should be encouraged from above. Don't make him a scapegoat.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Protest on 20:55 - Nov 23 with 3986 viewsrich_dale

Protest on 20:28 - Nov 23 by SuddenLad

Some of the criticism is OTT and unjustified.

We played the football. We created chances aplenty but failed to convert them. Their keeper made one top class save from a Camps effort and Pyke hit the post with a header, with the keeper in No Mans' Land and clutching at fresh air. Small margins and all that.

Had we converted what we created, we would have won. Pompey were clinical, took their chances and scored 3 times.

Frustrating? Yes Disappointing ? Certainly

There are a couple of weak links (Keohane and MJ) but there are also some encouraging signs and things to cheer, but BBM needs help to increase the depth of his squad, either in numbers or experience - or both.

We are desperate for a central defender (assuming McShane is a lengthy absentee), we need some muscle up front who can mix it, and ffs can we practice corners. There's no excuse for some of the pi$$ poor attempts we have made in taking them.

That bench today said everything about the problems we face. We might well have some promising kids, but they can't do it on their own and they need some old heads to guide them.

Get some hungry experienced players and give BBM a chance. He clearly has the ideas and should be encouraged from above. Don't make him a scapegoat.

We're straining at the level we're at. The standard seems to be as high as it's ever been in league 1 since we've been in it and having a wafer thin squad is asking for trouble. At the moment we're lucky there are some poor teams below us.

Games are decided by what happens in each box, and how well you deal with those moments and opportunities. We need at least one more centre half and a striker to make it count, otherwise in BBM's words we'll 'control' a lot of games amd have a lot of possession but not win very often.
Protest on 21:29 - Nov 23 with 3847 viewsShun

A protest? Hmm. I’m frustrated with how the season’s going but that frustration certainly isn’t directed at BBM or the players - it’s directed at the board.

Someone totalled the vast amount of money we’ve made as a club from the past two seasons alone, money that wasn’t in the budget. There are very strong rumours (let’s be honest, they’re more than rumours) that BBM isn’t happy with the squad and wasn’t supported in getting his intended targets in the summer. On top of that we have Bottomley and the elusive chairman coming out to the Trust and implying that we have zero funds available and our only aim in life is to survive. That doesn’t add up and I for one want it investigated.
Protest on 21:31 - Nov 23 with 3823 viewsscarrow

I'll believe it when I see it. Some of the shite talked on Facebook is ludicrous.

Big problems with squad size yes, big problems with injuries yes Problems at the club yes but I'd still prefer to be Dale than Southend

Poll: Final position

Protest on 22:00 - Nov 23 with 3707 viewstodmordendale

There is no real need for a protest. We are where we are and supporting the club is what supporters do. There are 92 clubs in the league and they cannot all win every match. Pragmatism, belief and hope makes the good days better.
C’mon the Dale.
Protest on 23:26 - Nov 23 with 3536 viewswindowsbug

Protest on 19:55 - Nov 23 by Dickydaler

How dare you not call me a supporter.
I am one of the Swansea 24.
I used to go home and away for 30 years.
To be honest I thought we would be ok under BBM's tenure. Now I can't see anything but relegation.
There is something at this club that's rotten to the core, I don't know what it is but some thing is not right. I've never felt so alienated as a fan.
Protest on 23:39 - Nov 23 with 3494 viewsscarrow

Protest on 23:26 - Nov 23 by windowsbug

To be honest I thought we would be ok under BBM's tenure. Now I can't see anything but relegation.
There is something at this club that's rotten to the core, I don't know what it is but some thing is not right. I've never felt so alienated as a fan.

The small squad is biting with unprecedented injuries. A fully fit or as near to fully fit squad as possible is a match for most teams in this division. We have played some excellent football this season.
A month ago we were on the fringe of the play offs.

Personally I've stopped following the facebook group a lot of the posts on it are embarrassing. As for the protest put your efforts into supporting the team. It's bury like behaviour

Poll: Final position

Protest on 00:01 - Nov 24 with 3455 viewssweetcorn

Protest on 23:26 - Nov 23 by windowsbug

So let me get this straight, you’ve been going for 30 years and it’s only now that you’ve decided enough is enough? Have a day off pal.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Protest on 00:12 - Nov 24 with 3414 viewswindowsbug

Protest on 00:01 - Nov 24 by sweetcorn

So let me get this straight, you’ve been going for 30 years and it’s only now that you’ve decided enough is enough? Have a day off pal.

Where do I say enough is enough?
I said I'm not going Sunday.... pal.
Protest on 00:20 - Nov 24 with 3389 viewsrochdaleriddler

Protest on 00:01 - Nov 24 by sweetcorn

As someone who actually goes to most games, I can understand why people don’t want to go

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Protest on 00:22 - Nov 24 with 3381 viewsrochdaleriddler

Protest on 23:39 - Nov 23 by scarrow

The small squad is biting with unprecedented injuries. A fully fit or as near to fully fit squad as possible is a match for most teams in this division. We have played some excellent football this season.
A month ago we were on the fringe of the play offs.

Personally I've stopped following the facebook group a lot of the posts on it are embarrassing. As for the protest put your efforts into supporting the team. It's bury like behaviour

The team is a joke, threadbare due to cuts, the board need to be aware of the feelings of fans

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Protest on 01:35 - Nov 24 with 3298 viewsDaley_Lama

I would only ever label a team as a joke if they wore curly wigs and bright red noses.

This season has lots of echoes of last season, loads of injuries to first teamers, lots of kids playing versus Portsmouth etc and losing.

I have yet to see a player give less than 100% this season. They don’t think it’s a joke either.

Only advice for protesters is that it’s a lot warmer in May than December, if you wait til then you might pitch invade instead once more.

Poll: DF in or out

Protest on 05:11 - Nov 24 with 3189 viewspioneer

Protest on 22:00 - Nov 23 by todmordendale

There is no real need for a protest. We are where we are and supporting the club is what supporters do. There are 92 clubs in the league and they cannot all win every match. Pragmatism, belief and hope makes the good days better.
C’mon the Dale.

91 clubs if you include premier league. We should never forget one club was expelled.
Protest on 05:43 - Nov 24 with 3178 viewsfrenzied

im surprised we are as high as we are with what weve got.

Come Jan Bolton will recruit without a doubt and Southend have in Campbell a manager who has a track record of digging a club out of a hole ie Macc...….we just have to hope its too big a mountain for either of these teams to climb..or we land a gem in Jan ourselves.

In BBM we have a manager who unlike Hill doesn't appear to polarise opinions..most seem to quite like him or quite dislike him..hes more beige than Pink lets say!!...consequently there will be little if any vitriol heading in his direction...
Protest on 13:15 - Nov 26 with 2516 viewsinthenet

Rochdale
4-4-2 Wayne Evans
Michael Oliver
David Flitcroft
Paul Simpson
Neil Edwards
Clive Platt
Paul Connor
Gareth Griffiths
Matthew Doughty
Ian Bishop
Richard Jobson

Subs
Steven Macauley
Lee Hodges
Kevin Townson
Paddy McCourt
Matthew Gilks

Got me thinking a team from 2002 against Swansea I would have that bench now...

Rastrickblue

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024