Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Unmarked and unchallenged in the box AGAIN 10:37 - Sep 16 with 2698 viewsYouTubeDale

The first goal of the season against us was scored by Tyler Smith , who we know well as a striker, being left alone in the the box to choose his spot. It was galling to see. Roll forward to the next match and we witness Kachunga unchallenged just in front of goal again for him to head into our net.

All that effort that goes into training etc, etc and the basic marking is yet AGAIN absent from our game.

What on earth are Rochdale being taught in training?

We see this season after season but surely we can begin to put it right.

Frustrated.

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

Unmarked and unchallenged in the box AGAIN on 11:30 - Sep 16 with 2601 viewsjonahwhereru

a great many goals are scored / conceded when a player is not picked up in the penalty area. Henderson made a living from it. The games against Spurs, Gillingham, Southend x 2 are just a few examples. It happens at all levels of the game. A rigid man to man marking in the box is not realistic. You need a Calvin Andrew as a spare man to attack the ball when defending and some on ghosting into the area when attacking.
Personally I thought with Bonesy, Andrew and McShane our set piece defending was up to scratch last season.
Unmarked and unchallenged in the box AGAIN on 12:08 - Sep 16 with 2518 viewsdawlishdale

Let's be absolutely honest here... we should have lost last night's game by 4 or 5 goals, but for some excellent goalkeeping and some wasteful finishing by Sheffield Wednesday's reserves. (they made 11 changes from the team that played at Cardiff)

What is abundantly clear (and was last season, to all but the Board, who control BBM) is that we have 4 or 5 players who are not up to L1 standard, and if we continue to play them, we will be all but down before Xmas.

Jim made 3 horrendous mistakes last night, despite playing with the heart of a lion at times, but you simply can't afford to field a player who keeps making this calibre of clanger. He should never have been given an extended contract.

Keohane (as many have said) is not good enough to play any more than a bit part in a L1 team. His lack of pace, and being caught out of position is frightening. squad player at absolute best.

Done is a busted flush. He seems to wander or ever run around, but never in the right place and even when he does get the ball, has no clue what to do with it. Spent more time running away from the action last night, which seems to fool some into thinking he's working hard.

Tavares is a year or two short of being ready, and Baah (who shows promise) is at best an impact sub at the moment.

Finally, what on earth has happened to Lund? Nowhere near the energy of his previous spell. seems to be going through the motions, which is disappointing.

Thank goodness we seem to have signed a decent keeper, as our two owned keepers don't inspire me at all, and I like the look of Amankwah from the brief glimpses I've seen. I also think Newby is a good prospect. Let's hope that Humphreys hit's the ground running, and that the Board allow BBM at least 2 or 3 more quality additions very soon.
Unmarked and unchallenged in the box AGAIN on 12:41 - Sep 16 with 2438 viewsYorkshire_Dale

The "highlights" on twitter are exclusively Sheff Wednesday attacking us and demonstrating our defensive frailties.....Jim McNulty look away now.

Dawlish sums it all up well.
Unmarked and unchallenged in the box AGAIN on 12:55 - Sep 16 with 2408 viewsrichfoad32

Unmarked and unchallenged in the box AGAIN on 12:08 - Sep 16 by dawlishdale

Let's be absolutely honest here... we should have lost last night's game by 4 or 5 goals, but for some excellent goalkeeping and some wasteful finishing by Sheffield Wednesday's reserves. (they made 11 changes from the team that played at Cardiff)

What is abundantly clear (and was last season, to all but the Board, who control BBM) is that we have 4 or 5 players who are not up to L1 standard, and if we continue to play them, we will be all but down before Xmas.

Jim made 3 horrendous mistakes last night, despite playing with the heart of a lion at times, but you simply can't afford to field a player who keeps making this calibre of clanger. He should never have been given an extended contract.

Keohane (as many have said) is not good enough to play any more than a bit part in a L1 team. His lack of pace, and being caught out of position is frightening. squad player at absolute best.

Done is a busted flush. He seems to wander or ever run around, but never in the right place and even when he does get the ball, has no clue what to do with it. Spent more time running away from the action last night, which seems to fool some into thinking he's working hard.

Tavares is a year or two short of being ready, and Baah (who shows promise) is at best an impact sub at the moment.

Finally, what on earth has happened to Lund? Nowhere near the energy of his previous spell. seems to be going through the motions, which is disappointing.

Thank goodness we seem to have signed a decent keeper, as our two owned keepers don't inspire me at all, and I like the look of Amankwah from the brief glimpses I've seen. I also think Newby is a good prospect. Let's hope that Humphreys hit's the ground running, and that the Board allow BBM at least 2 or 3 more quality additions very soon.

I was wondering about Lund, is he fully fit? Maybe it will take him a few games to be firing again because he looks well off the pace at the minute and seems to be spending most of the time getting into niggly running battles with the oppo.

As for the OP, if as we undoubtedly do, train at defending corners/set pieces all week yet continually concede from them, then surely the only explanation is that the players we have aren't good enough?
[Post edited 16 Sep 2020 12:58]
Unmarked and unchallenged in the box AGAIN on 14:39 - Sep 16 with 2242 viewsoddjob007

Unmarked and unchallenged in the box AGAIN on 12:41 - Sep 16 by Yorkshire_Dale

The "highlights" on twitter are exclusively Sheff Wednesday attacking us and demonstrating our defensive frailties.....Jim McNulty look away now.

Dawlish sums it all up well.

His flying salmon impression for their first goal was magical..

To be honest it sums us up - lack of sharpness and fitness. His positioning was all wrong and he completely missed the ball.

As BBM has said the squad aren't up to standard yet fitness wise, and when some of the players probably aren't L1 standard anyway, it doesn't half show.
Unmarked and unchallenged in the box AGAIN on 16:08 - Sep 16 with 2139 viewsShun

Unmarked and unchallenged in the box AGAIN on 12:08 - Sep 16 by dawlishdale

Regarding Lund, it’s been mentioned a few times on here (most recently at the weekend by D_Alien) that he seems to take a few games to get back to his usual self after a break. When we resigned him in January he started off slowly but before long he was back to his best, and his form going into lockdown was excellent.

I have no doubt at all he’ll be an important player for us this season, as he always has been.
Unmarked and unchallenged in the box AGAIN on 16:34 - Sep 16 with 2079 viewstodmordendale

Maybe it’s not the players but the system. Play around a bit in front of our goal and give it to the opposition. 1 nil every time.
Unmarked and unchallenged in the box AGAIN on 17:46 - Sep 16 with 1980 viewsJames1980

Unmarked and unchallenged in the box AGAIN on 16:34 - Sep 16 by todmordendale

Maybe it’s not the players but the system. Play around a bit in front of our goal and give it to the opposition. 1 nil every time.

I'd say it is a combination of both. Also if players are practicing defending corners and free kicks against average or below average players. Does it not follow they are likely to come unstuck facing superior opposition?
[Post edited 16 Sep 2020 17:48]

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024