Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Boxing Day Match Off 11:20 - Dec 26 with 3752 viewsRochdaleAFC.com

Boxing Day Match Off 26th Dec 2020 11:16
Dale's short trip over to Blackpool is off due to a positive covid-19 test. 0

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Boxing Day Match Off on 11:33 - Dec 26 with 3702 viewsJames1980

We should forfeit the points and compensate them for their emergency loan keeper apparently

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Boxing Day Match Off on 11:38 - Dec 26 with 3689 viewsTVOS1907

Boxing Day Match Off on 11:33 - Dec 26 by James1980

We should forfeit the points and compensate them for their emergency loan keeper apparently

Brilliant. He's obviously missed the global pandemic affecting every day life.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Boxing Day Match Off on 11:44 - Dec 26 with 3681 viewsJames1980

Boxing Day Match Off on 11:38 - Dec 26 by TVOS1907

Maybe they don't get the news in that part of Lancashire.

Boxing Day Match Off on 12:07 - Dec 26 with 3624 viewsboromat

Yep what can you do! These things happen and I'm guessing the full squad and staff are now isolating and/or having tests. If it was earlier in the week then something could have been done like Blackpool but not much you can do the day before.

Also do we know the process for Tuesday's match? I wonder if that's likely to go ahead or not.
[Post edited 26 Dec 2020 12:13]

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Boxing Day Match Off on 12:36 - Dec 26 with 3543 viewsDaleiLama

Spent too long in an Ivory Tower?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Boxing Day Match Off on 15:13 - Dec 26 with 3197 viewselectricblue

Lets all hope that the lad does not suffer a bad bout of this virus and ends up ill for a long time.......

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Boxing Day Match Off on 18:32 - Dec 26 with 2923 viewsjpresto

Even went up a place without playing
Boxing Day Match Off on 19:21 - Dec 26 with 2832 viewsJames1980

Surprised nothing has been said about Tuesday's game, I expect the whole squad have to get tested and then we can say whether we can field a team for the game.

Login to get fewer ads

Boxing Day Match Off on 19:35 - Dec 26 with 2792 viewsRAFCBLUE

Whisper it quietly, but its a good thing for the club to have two games called off now.

We have the advantage of not playing at a busy time of year which is good for injury recover and at a time of a loss of form but also the chance that playing later in the season which could mean home fans in attendance which in the case of the MK Dons games.

The COVID-19 protocol in League 1 is a bit of a joke compared to how it operating in the Premier League and Championship but might just work positively for us on this occasion.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Boxing Day Match Off on 20:40 - Dec 26 with 2680 views442Dale

Boxing Day Match Off on 19:35 - Dec 26 by RAFCBLUE

Whisper it quietly, but its a good thing for the club to have two games called off now.

We have the advantage of not playing at a busy time of year which is good for injury recover and at a time of a loss of form but also the chance that playing later in the season which could mean home fans in attendance which in the case of the MK Dons games.

The COVID-19 protocol in League 1 is a bit of a joke compared to how it operating in the Premier League and Championship but might just work positively for us on this occasion.

We currently have free dates on the 5th, 9th and 19th of Jan, plus 2nd, 9th and 16th of Feb. Would expect any games we miss over this holiday period to be played amongst those dates so very doubtful there will be a crowd. Well, unless there are further postponements.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Boxing Day Match Off on 21:05 - Dec 26 with 2610 viewsTVOS1907

Boxing Day Match Off on 19:35 - Dec 26 by RAFCBLUE

There's actually one less festive fixture this season due to 1st January falling on a Friday.

Boxing Day Match Off on 21:06 - Dec 26 with 2604 viewsTVOS1907

Boxing Day Match Off on 20:40 - Dec 26 by 442Dale

We currently have free dates on the 5th, 9th and 19th of Jan, plus 2nd, 9th and 16th of Feb. Would expect any games we miss over this holiday period to be played amongst those dates so very doubtful there will be a crowd. Well, unless there are further postponements.

We're playing Doncaster on 19th January.

Boxing Day Match Off on 21:12 - Dec 26 with 2594 viewsJames1980

Pause the league for 6 weeks and add them on at the end hopefully crowds are allowed back by then.

Boxing Day Match Off on 21:32 - Dec 26 with 2554 views442Dale

Boxing Day Match Off on 21:12 - Dec 26 by James1980

Pause the league for 6 weeks and add them on at the end hopefully crowds are allowed back by then.

They’ll try and play as much as they can because it’s impossible to predict what benefit that would have. Could lose games to the weather after a pause as well. What we will have to probably get used to is a distorted league table where clubs could have 5/6 games in hand in a couple of months time.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Boxing Day Match Off on 22:12 - Dec 26 with 2499 viewsJames1980

Boxing Day Match Off on 21:32 - Dec 26 by 442Dale

They’ll try and play as much as they can because it’s impossible to predict what benefit that would have. Could lose games to the weather after a pause as well. What we will have to probably get used to is a distorted league table where clubs could have 5/6 games in hand in a couple of months time.

Hopefully the new pitch should mean few if any games get postponed for weather related reasons. If there was a postponement till 6th Feb that would be 9 additional games that we need to play between then and the end of the season.
Fingers crossed it is as effective against the new strain. The most vulnerable should have been immunised against covid which will alleviate the pressure on the health service which is one of the main reasons for restrictions.

Boxing Day Match Off on 02:51 - Dec 27 with 2334 viewsDiddyDave

Dale have to avoid dropping into the bottom four at anytime this season just in case there`s another long stoppage and they eventually decide to call the season off like last year,all standings count at the last game. Might take some doing the way we`re going,but too many postponements will not be a good thing if they do call it off. You wouldn`t want to rely on an average points per game,it didn`t do Tranmere much good.
Boxing Day Match Off on 09:55 - Dec 27 with 2149 viewsTVOS1907

Boxing Day Match Off on 02:51 - Dec 27 by DiddyDave

Dale have to avoid dropping into the bottom four at anytime this season just in case there`s another long stoppage and they eventually decide to call the season off like last year,all standings count at the last game. Might take some doing the way we`re going,but too many postponements will not be a good thing if they do call it off. You wouldn`t want to rely on an average points per game,it didn`t do Tranmere much good.

While you're right about Dale staying out of the bottom four, PPG is probably the way they would go again, especially when someone like Accrington already have four games in hand on some clubs.

Tranmere were 22nd in the table at the time last season was curtailed, so they would have been relegated anyway.

Boxing Day Match Off on 15:00 - Dec 27 with 1775 viewsdiver

Boxing Day Match Off on 22:12 - Dec 26 by James1980

Hopefully the new pitch should mean few if any games get postponed for weather related reasons. If there was a postponement till 6th Feb that would be 9 additional games that we need to play between then and the end of the season.
Fingers crossed it is as effective against the new strain. The most vulnerable should have been immunised against covid which will alleviate the pressure on the health service which is one of the main reasons for restrictions.

Hornets back in March !!
Boxing Day Match Off on 18:32 - Dec 27 with 1499 viewsJames1980

Boxing Day Match Off on 15:00 - Dec 27 by diver

Hornets back in March !!

Well that certainly puts another fly my suggestion for a postponement. I'm guessing a curtailment would have to be based on ppg and no fancy calculation like the Tranmere boss wanted when the 19/20 season ceased, because a precedent has been set with PPG. Any change to that could invite lawsuits from clubs relagated last season.

Boxing Day Match Off on 07:07 - Dec 28 with 1197 viewspioneer

Boxing Day Match Off on 15:00 - Dec 27 by diver

Hornets back in March !!

Aye but....three of the four weekends in March are for the Challenge Cup and the other is the first round of the league one season. Possible that Hornets would have no home games in March, or....if they go on a cup run with home ties and play at home first weekend of the league season that would be home every weekend in March!

Nothing like summer rugby eh!

All will be revealed.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024