Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Baah City move collapsed 23:56 - Mar 10 with 4155 views_Windydale

https://www.si.com/soccer/manchestercity/news/man-citys-january-move-for-in-dema

Baah City move collapsed on 00:50 - Mar 11 with 3162 viewsShun

I think it was well reported at the time that it collapsed due to a heart 'condition' that City weren't happy with, and BBM confirmed it tonight.
Baah City move collapsed on 01:09 - Mar 11 with 3149 views_Windydale

Yeh first I'd heard of it. Hopefully, now back in the shop window, he will show what's got the bigger clubs interested.
Baah City move collapsed on 01:16 - Mar 11 with 3138 viewsShun

Baah City move collapsed on 01:09 - Mar 11 by _Windydale

Yeh first I'd heard of it. Hopefully, now back in the shop window, he will show what's got the bigger clubs interested.

It's a shame. The deal clearly unsettled him, as since January he's had the biggest reversal of form out of anyone at the club and, as D_Alien mentioned last week, watching his form of late there's no way a club of City's calibre would take a punt on him.
Baah City move collapsed on 06:33 - Mar 11 with 3035 viewsdingdangblue

Worryingly he's getting himself booked almost every game now too. We don't need to be missing more players due to stupid suspensions no matter how lost the cause seems.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Baah City move collapsed on 07:09 - Mar 11 with 2985 viewsfunkkk

Why has it taken so long for the club to clear this up? Surely better for the player, club and fans to let everyone know what had happened. If the clubs’ plan is to monetise these players surely we wouldn’t want other interested parties to think a deal had been completed with City.
Baah City move collapsed on 07:24 - Mar 11 with 2963 viewsjoecooke

Didnt do Asa Hartford any harm in his career.

Poll: How much would you care if bury fc went out of existence

Baah City move collapsed on 07:38 - Mar 11 with 2924 viewsseasidedale

Perhaps not giving info on the move is our sneaky way of offering him/getting him to sign a new contract. If clubs think he is going to City then there would be no interest in him
Baah City move collapsed on 08:17 - Mar 11 with 2836 viewsJames1980

So does this mean it is unlikely Baah will end up at a top of the top tier club? If so the lad must be gutted, also finding out there might be a problem with his heart, however slight could be a concern for him.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Login to get fewer ads

Baah City move collapsed on 09:18 - Mar 11 with 2705 viewspioneer

Baah City move collapsed on 07:24 - Mar 11 by joecooke

Didnt do Asa Hartford any harm in his career.

he missed out on a big money move to the best team in the country at the time and ended up a baggie
Baah City move collapsed on 09:29 - Mar 11 with 2672 viewsjoecooke

Baah City move collapsed on 09:18 - Mar 11 by pioneer

he missed out on a big money move to the best team in the country at the time and ended up a baggie

50 international caps and 700 appearances later ,i think he did ok

Baah City move collapsed on 10:21 - Mar 11 with 2553 viewsncfc_chalky

Baah City move collapsed on 09:18 - Mar 11 by pioneer

I didn't even realise that he had had a medical at Notts

Poll: Will you purchase any shares?...

Baah City move collapsed on 10:46 - Mar 11 with 2495 viewsNigeriamark

Baah City move collapsed on 07:09 - Mar 11 by funkkk

Why has it taken so long for the club to clear this up? Surely better for the player, club and fans to let everyone know what had happened. If the clubs’ plan is to monetise these players surely we wouldn’t want other interested parties to think a deal had been completed with City.

Perhaps you need to take Baahs feelings into account. Do you think a teenage lad wants it plastered on public that he has a heart complaint? Especially immediately after he's just lost a dream move. It would come out eventually but at least he would have come to terms with it

He must be gutted for both reasons
Baah City move collapsed on 11:00 - Mar 11 with 2453 viewsTomRAFC

Baah City move collapsed on 01:16 - Mar 11 by Shun

It's a shame. The deal clearly unsettled him, as since January he's had the biggest reversal of form out of anyone at the club and, as D_Alien mentioned last week, watching his form of late there's no way a club of City's calibre would take a punt on him.

To be fair, he came onto the scene as an unknown quantity and often used off the bench. He's now starting games, regularly switching position, plus he's been scouted to death by the opposition. He's no longer a surprise to them and it shows, sometimes he has up to 3 players on him.

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Baah City move collapsed on 11:13 - Mar 11 with 2419 viewsD_Alien

Baah City move collapsed on 01:16 - Mar 11 by Shun

When he first came onto the scene, there were comments about how he seemed to run out of gas pretty quickly during games. Do you think this might be related to any potential cardiovascular issue? Described by some as "blowing out of his arse"

Impossible to say there's a direct connection, but becoming unduly short of breath is a recognised symptom. Not necessarily career-defining, at least i hope not, and no doubt the club will be taking advice on how to manage his training

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Baah City move collapsed on 12:09 - Mar 11 with 2324 viewsdalefertcup2

Baah City move collapsed on 09:29 - Mar 11 by joecooke

Indeed, and in the words of David Coleman at the time " he has overcome the condition and become a whole hearted player"
Baah City move collapsed on 12:26 - Mar 11 with 2268 viewspioneer

Baah City move collapsed on 09:29 - Mar 11 by joecooke

For Scotland...bob wilson got caps for Scotland! What medals did he get?””
Baah City move collapsed on 13:05 - Mar 11 with 2172 viewsfunkkk

Baah City move collapsed on 10:46 - Mar 11 by Nigeriamark

Perhaps you need to take Baahs feelings into account. Do you think a teenage lad wants it plastered on public that he has a heart complaint? Especially immediately after he's just lost a dream move. It would come out eventually but at least he would have come to terms with it

He must be gutted for both reasons

BOARD STATEMENT: The Board of Directors would like to put on record that no deal has been completed with Manchester City for Kwadwo Baah. Kwadwo remains very much part of Brian Barry-Murphy’s plans for the rest of the season and beyond.

Simple ain’t it?
Baah City move collapsed on 13:30 - Mar 11 with 2097 viewsNigeriamark

Baah City move collapsed on 13:05 - Mar 11 by funkkk

BOARD STATEMENT: The Board of Directors would like to put on record that no deal has been completed with Manchester City for Kwadwo Baah. Kwadwo remains very much part of Brian Barry-Murphy’s plans for the rest of the season and beyond.

Simple ain’t it?

If the rumour of his moving to City had just been from a couple of blokes on twitter then yes.

However everyone knows he did go to city & that he was looking like being signed. It was even on BBCs transfer deadline day feed ( Fitzo was also commentating on it too I think). Then suddenly it was off. In this situation the statement is meaningless because all people wanted to know is why did the city deal fall through. This statement is just one of those that goes out when any deal, rumour or not falls through
It's only now we know & my suggestion is that the reason that the club didn't clear it up was to protect Baah at that time
Baah City move collapsed on 13:33 - Mar 11 with 2092 viewsjoecooke

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/kwadwo-baah-celtic-tr

Baah City move collapsed on 13:44 - Mar 11 with 2072 viewsTipperaryDale

Beggars belief that the move was announced before anything had been set in stone. Baah's heart problem was known about already (I'd already heard on the grapevine last summer) - with that in mind, any deal would always be touch and go on whether he passed a medical or not.

We'll get nowt for him now, and he ain't going to sign a contract with us.
Baah City move collapsed on 14:02 - Mar 11 with 2036 viewsNigeriamark

Baah City move collapsed on 11:13 - Mar 11 by D_Alien

When he first came onto the scene, there were comments about how he seemed to run out of gas pretty quickly during games. Do you think this might be related to any potential cardiovascular issue? Described by some as "blowing out of his arse"

Impossible to say there's a direct connection, but becoming unduly short of breath is a recognised symptom. Not necessarily career-defining, at least i hope not, and no doubt the club will be taking advice on how to manage his training

weren't there similar rumours about Paddy when he played with us? Brilliant in bursts but not a 90 minute player. We don't know what specific disorder Baah has but as the heart & lungs are directly linked & responsible for supporting high energy activity, fair chance you could be right

The other option is that it's something where there is a risk of something that happened to the Bolton lad ( forgot his name)which I think was a specific heart only complaint. I hope not, although if it was you wouldn't expect him to have been allowed to come straight back into the team the following week
Baah City move collapsed on 14:41 - Mar 11 with 1975 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Baah City move collapsed on 13:33 - Mar 11 by joecooke

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/kwadwo-baah-celtic-tr

Yippee....will we get a Friendly at San Spotty?
Baah City move collapsed on 14:47 - Mar 11 with 1958 viewsJames1980

Baah City move collapsed on 14:41 - Mar 11 by Yorkshire_Dale

Yippee....will we get a Friendly at San Spotty?

Aren't we supposed to be boycotting the club and withdrawing all spending until there is no club or Bottomley and BBM walk which ever is first. Of course if the former happens first, there won't be a club to start spending money at well unless....... AFC Rochdale anyone?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Baah City move collapsed on 14:54 - Mar 11 with 1945 viewsfitzochris

Baah City move collapsed on 13:30 - Mar 11 by Nigeriamark

If the rumour of his moving to City had just been from a couple of blokes on twitter then yes.

However everyone knows he did go to city & that he was looking like being signed. It was even on BBCs transfer deadline day feed ( Fitzo was also commentating on it too I think). Then suddenly it was off. In this situation the statement is meaningless because all people wanted to know is why did the city deal fall through. This statement is just one of those that goes out when any deal, rumour or not falls through
It's only now we know & my suggestion is that the reason that the club didn't clear it up was to protect Baah at that time

I think that’s a fair summary.

However, it was only when BBM latterly told Radio Bolton and the Ob that the deal hadn’t been done did it open up again. It was news to me. As a supporter, never mind a journalist, I wondered what was going on.

The club then referred to the whole situation as exaggerated rumour, which I thought was a bit off, given the manager himself had both publicly confirmed then unconfirmed it.

The bit that’s sad is the medical bit. I had no idea that’s why it collapsed. Someone posted it on my Twitter timeline and I told them to delete it. Personal medical stuff has no place on social media.

All I was wanting was for the club to basically tell fans that the deal was off to kill all confusion - as some media outlets were still referring to Baah as Man City bound.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Baah City move collapsed on 16:07 - Mar 11 with 1815 viewsdingdangblue

Baah City move collapsed on 14:02 - Mar 11 by Nigeriamark

weren't there similar rumours about Paddy when he played with us? Brilliant in bursts but not a 90 minute player. We don't know what specific disorder Baah has but as the heart & lungs are directly linked & responsible for supporting high energy activity, fair chance you could be right

The other option is that it's something where there is a risk of something that happened to the Bolton lad ( forgot his name)which I think was a specific heart only complaint. I hope not, although if it was you wouldn't expect him to have been allowed to come straight back into the team the following week

Paddy was more the booze,fags n late nights.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024