Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
is there one person who can put logik behind our released list and make it sound good 01:21 - May 12 with 1558 viewsbilbobaggins

as for me im confused in what change means and going forward now we look like a club with no money and a manager with no idea ?
is there one person who can put logik behind our released list and make it sound good on 01:56 - May 12 with 1545 viewsYadHoDale

I suspect JW was released because we have two other left backs under contract.

Amankwaah better player than Holden, Holness/Byrne/Minihan under contract, hence no place for Holden.

Lucas goes because he's lost "spring" and form, as others suggest.

JT/Grimes/JLAA offered deals as they are saleable.

BBM on hold as one or more of Jones/Tutte/JK may move elsewhere and/or as potential player-coach.

Hackney has been unlucky with injury, but has shown class elsewhere and presumably enough at the end of the season to merit another go.
is there one person who can put logik behind our released list and make it sound good on 07:57 - May 12 with 1467 viewsTalkingSutty

is there one person who can put logik behind our released list and make it sound good on 01:56 - May 12 by YadHoDale

Amankwaah better player than Holden, Holness/Byrne/Minihan under contract, hence no place for Holden.

BBM on hold as one or more of Jones/Tutte/JK may move elsewhere and/or as potential player-coach.

Hackney has been unlucky with injury, but has shown class elsewhere and presumably enough at the end of the season to merit another go.

Not a bad spin on it all and you could well be right with your assumptions. The retained list forms the base of our squad for next season and the abilities of those retained isnt my major concern, its the overall body language and their inabilities to perform for the manager that stands out for me. I am surprised JC wants to trust so many of those players again.
is there one person who can put logik behind our released list and make it sound good on 08:25 - May 12 with 1447 viewsphomem

is there one person who can put logik behind our released list and make it sound good on 07:57 - May 12 by TalkingSutty

Not a bad spin on it all and you could well be right with your assumptions. The retained list forms the base of our squad for next season and the abilities of those retained isnt my major concern, its the overall body language and their inabilities to perform for the manager that stands out for me. I am surprised JC wants to trust so many of those players again.

You never know what twists and turns remain and who might be sold Adams, grimes and who might still be paid off. I'm surprised at the retention of amank and hackney but they might have been offered crap deals and not sign
is there one person who can put logik behind our released list and make it sound good on 08:54 - May 12 with 1403 viewsDalenet

is there one person who can put logik behind our released list and make it sound good on 08:25 - May 12 by phomem

You never know what twists and turns remain and who might be sold Adams, grimes and who might still be paid off. I'm surprised at the retention of amank and hackney but they might have been offered crap deals and not sign

We either want players or we don't. Any suggestion that we are offering crap deals in the hope that they might not sign is just laughable. Why would we? We don't need to fill the club with players that we don't want just in case...... We might as well throw out the rubbish and pick up the odd free agent in August if we want players that sit there as back up just in case.
is there one person who can put logik behind our released list and make it sound good on 10:12 - May 12 with 1335 views442Dale

is there one person who can put logik behind our released list and make it sound good on 07:57 - May 12 by TalkingSutty

We don't know who he wants to keep out of the contracted players though. They are the main problem, not offering squad players like Thompson and Amankwaah deals - which are the only two "surprises" because many fans would have got rid. Even then keeping them makes sense on a footballing level too.

Hackney and BBM, if they stay, will be here on Coleman's terms.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

is there one person who can put logik behind our released list and make it sound good on 12:09 - May 12 with 1230 viewsSalwaDale

is there one person who can put logik behind our released list and make it sound good on 10:12 - May 12 by 442Dale

We don't know who he wants to keep out of the contracted players though. They are the main problem, not offering squad players like Thompson and Amankwaah deals - which are the only two "surprises" because many fans would have got rid. Even then keeping them makes sense on a footballing level too.

Hackney and BBM, if they stay, will be here on Coleman's terms.

Absolutely. Patience is needed.

TBBT

is there one person who can put logik behind our released list and make it sound good on 15:05 - May 12 with 1180 viewsTVOS1907

is there one person who can put logik behind our released list and make it sound good on 01:56 - May 12 by YadHoDale

Grimes is still under contract.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

is there one person who can put logik behind our released list and make it sound good on 01:00 - May 13 with 1089 viewsShun

I know this is a giant leap as he's only played 1 professional game, but could Minihan become a 1st team player next season? I didn't see him play but he seemed to impress. And it would save a lot on money. Only a suggestion of course!
Login to get fewer ads

is there one person who can put logik behind our released list and make it sound good on 11:18 - May 13 with 1014 viewsD_Alien

is there one person who can put logik behind our released list and make it sound good on 01:00 - May 13 by Shun

I know this is a giant leap as he's only played 1 professional game, but could Minihan become a 1st team player next season? I didn't see him play but he seemed to impress. And it would save a lot on money. Only a suggestion of course!

I think the lad has the potential to do that.

Thing is, with his age and lack of experience, he'd almost be bound to suffer a dip in form at some stage, and if we had no decent backup it'd leave us vulnerable and possibly expose Sam to unwanted games when he needed a break. Maybe that's why we're keeping Amankwaah, at least for the time being.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

is there one person who can put logik behind our released list and make it sound good on 09:28 - May 14 with 877 viewsDoolan_Is_God

I think I must be the only person on here who thinks BBM still has something to offer, especially at League Two level. He's the only player we have who is willing to put their foot on the ball and look to control the tempo of a game. I love Jonah and Kennedy as much as the next Daley, but neither of them are really the "controlled possession" type.

I think used properly in front of the back four as cover/playmaker BBM can play 20-30 games for us in L2 next year and be a big player.
is there one person who can put logik behind our released list and make it sound good on 10:40 - May 14 with 837 viewsfitzochris

is there one person who can put logik behind our released list and make it sound good on 09:28 - May 14 by Doolan_Is_God

I think I must be the only person on here who thinks BBM still has something to offer, especially at League Two level. He's the only player we have who is willing to put their foot on the ball and look to control the tempo of a game. I love Jonah and Kennedy as much as the next Daley, but neither of them are really the "controlled possession" type.

I think used properly in front of the back four as cover/playmaker BBM can play 20-30 games for us in L2 next year and be a big player.

I have to agree here. I think back to the League Cup game at Birmingham and remember BBM was the archetypal general in that match. A bit more of that at L@ level could be invaluable, especially away from home.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

is there one person who can put logik behind our released list and make it sound good on 10:46 - May 14 with 826 viewsDaley_Lama

In our promotion year it was great to look at the bench and see the likes of Jason Taylor, Joey T, BBM and think "our subs are better than most opposition starters"

As it is, only 5/6 signings who are straight into the first team mix/line up will put us in such a position where we have strength in depth to compete both in individual matches and also as the season progresses and injuries kick in.

Unless we're to use the loan system of course. The blessed loan system.

Poll: DF in or out

is there one person who can put logik behind our released list and make it sound good on 12:17 - May 14 with 766 viewssweetcorn

is there one person who can put logik behind our released list and make it sound good on 10:46 - May 14 by Daley_Lama

In our promotion year it was great to look at the bench and see the likes of Jason Taylor, Joey T, BBM and think "our subs are better than most opposition starters"

As it is, only 5/6 signings who are straight into the first team mix/line up will put us in such a position where we have strength in depth to compete both in individual matches and also as the season progresses and injuries kick in.

Unless we're to use the loan system of course. The blessed loan system.

BBM didnt play in our promotion season, we got him in our first year in league one.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

is there one person who can put logik behind our released list and make it sound good on 12:32 - May 14 with 744 viewselectricblue

is there one person who can put logik behind our released list and make it sound good on 09:28 - May 14 by Doolan_Is_God

i agree with what you say as i think thats the reason why hillcroft signed him.
Dale got promoted and had an excellent season in Div1 but if things went a little pear shaped hillcroft had the option of using BBm in the holding position..

I think an 12month deal for BBm is enough unless theres better but BBm as a good eye for a free kick etc..

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

is there one person who can put logik behind our released list and make it sound good on 13:30 - May 14 with 681 viewsDaley_Lama

is there one person who can put logik behind our released list and make it sound good on 12:17 - May 14 by sweetcorn

BBM didnt play in our promotion season, we got him in our first year in league one.

Correctly corrected but the overall view is still the same, unless we bring in 5 or 6 players who are going to start most games, then next season will not be one of pushing for promotion.

Teams that get promoted don't have question marks over five or six positions and a bench youth promotees.

Poll: DF in or out

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024