Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
moggy 23:02 - Sep 21 with 10725 viewsRAFC1907

The man is a Rochdale die hard, no change to see him totally smashed at the game but whoever is in regular contact can you please drag him to every game you can. Not only is he a character but he gets the fans going so much more. He was sat in the main stand second half singing on his own, somehow a few minutes later managed to get into the pearl street and before you know it you could hear him getting the atmosphere going. He reminds me of the pompey fan minus the tattoos but please please please get him to the games every week no matter what state he's in.

Couldn't help but giggle at the "oh were the Dale, we drink the ale, singing oo dar Dar dee what a day"

Poll: Bottomley...

moggy on 10:40 - Sep 22 with 5268 viewsregjenkins

He is a true legend. Offer to get him in for free, buy his drink before, during and after the game with the odd pie and we may get him to alter his diary to suit. Oh and that will include away games as well. Cracking idea.

' I started out with nothing and i still got most of it left'

moggy on 10:46 - Sep 22 with 5246 viewsaleanddale

It was great to see him enjoying himself on Saturday.

A proper Dale character.
moggy on 11:17 - Sep 22 with 5198 viewsD_Alien

When his "Givus an Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...." suddenly resounded in the Pearl St half way through t' second half, I wondered if he'd been asleep for the previous hour!

Wonder how he managed to migrate from the Main Stand?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

moggy on 15:27 - Sep 22 with 4905 viewsregjenkins

moggy on 11:17 - Sep 22 by D_Alien

When his "Givus an Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...." suddenly resounded in the Pearl St half way through t' second half, I wondered if he'd been asleep for the previous hour!

Wonder how he managed to migrate from the Main Stand?

Probably walked on water or sommat similar!!

' I started out with nothing and i still got most of it left'

moggy on 13:02 - Sep 23 with 4631 viewswidgibob

I've never forgiven him for crawling round Barnets pitch at half time after "walking" there with his ladder (I think we passed him twice driving down then he was in the pub near the ground when we got there!) it was f-ing embarrassing the second half kicked off and this loon was still crawling about with two of his cronies holding his ladder on his back.
[Post edited 23 Sep 2014 13:08]

Miguel, Miguel de Souza, his name's peculiar,Miguel de Souza...........HIYA MATE HIYA MATE HIYA MATE.

moggy on 13:04 - Sep 23 with 4624 viewsVespaDale

Me and Moggy walked to Colchester, took 10 days and he crawled on his hands and knees round the pitch on a cold Tuesday night. The crowd loved him, all for kids charities so lighten up whinging about 'embarrassing'!!! Proper legend who would do anything for anybody...
moggy on 13:12 - Sep 23 with 4604 viewsTalkingSutty

moggy on 13:04 - Sep 23 by VespaDale

Me and Moggy walked to Colchester, took 10 days and he crawled on his hands and knees round the pitch on a cold Tuesday night. The crowd loved him, all for kids charities so lighten up whinging about 'embarrassing'!!! Proper legend who would do anything for anybody...

Well said, he doesn't profess to be an angel doesn't Moggy but if he could help you he would. A Dale legend and a nice fella, warts and all.
moggy on 13:45 - Sep 23 with 4527 viewsSuddenLad

moggy on 13:12 - Sep 23 by TalkingSutty

Well said, he doesn't profess to be an angel doesn't Moggy but if he could help you he would. A Dale legend and a nice fella, warts and all.

Saw him last night. It's nice to know that in an ever changing world, some things stay the same.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Login to get fewer ads

moggy on 14:47 - Sep 23 with 4449 viewsMoonyDale

moggy on 13:12 - Sep 23 by TalkingSutty

Wholeheartedly agree, a true Dale legend......Long may he reign..

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

moggy on 15:08 - Sep 23 with 4408 viewsnordenblue

moggy on 14:47 - Sep 23 by MoonyDale

Wholeheartedly agree, a true Dale legend......Long may he reign..

Ill agree with you totally, yes he has his faults but his main aim for many a year is to raise as much as possible,for this he can be nothing but applauded in my eyes.Keep up the good work
moggy on 15:58 - Sep 23 with 4367 viewswidgibob

Take the charity out of it. What's the difference between Steven "moggy" Morris and Lee "BillyBull$hit" Doran?

Miguel, Miguel de Souza, his name's peculiar,Miguel de Souza...........HIYA MATE HIYA MATE HIYA MATE.

moggy on 16:29 - Sep 23 with 4306 viewsnordenblue

moggy on 15:58 - Sep 23 by widgibob

Take the charity out of it. What's the difference between Steven "moggy" Morris and Lee "BillyBull$hit" Doran?

Well you've taken the biggest difference out of it so hardly a comparison really, one has seen the error of his ways and ones yet to learn would be a start
moggy on 17:06 - Sep 23 with 4251 viewsaleanddale

There is a huge difference and all the police know it!!

Moggy has sailed close to the wind plenty of times in the past and in the mid 80's was a formidable character - unsavoury even.

He has seen that no good can come from that lifestyle and has contributed so much to society and the fabric of the club.

A Lovable rogue - He now loves to attend matches - wind a few up - have a beer and a sing and go home happy win lose or draw. I am not sure any other Dale fan is as recognisable - Givus an Rrrrrrrrrrrrrr is stuff of legend!!

Lee Doran isnt - wasnt - never will be fit to lace moggys hob nailers!!
moggy on 17:42 - Sep 23 with 4193 viewswidgibob

When moggy was BillyBs age he was just as bad. So lee if you're reading this (which I doubt) you to could become a Rochdale legend.
How many people on here have pointed him out to their kids and said "see that man there, that's Moggy, he's a Rochdale legend "
"why's that daddy?"
"because in the eighties he used to go to matches and have fights with people, but he got hammered that many times his brains a bit mushy and now he just gets leathered at the footy in a different way and starts some songs off"
"wow daddy when I grow up I want to be just like him"

moggy on 17:55 - Sep 23 with 4174 viewsPale_Dale

moggy on 13:04 - Sep 23 by VespaDale

Fair play, walking to Colchester over 10 days is some effort for charity.
moggy on 18:09 - Sep 23 with 4139 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

Didn't Lee Dorian reference his own charity efforts on the TV also?

As for the original post...I think it's illegal to enter the ground drunk so probably not a good idea to encourage it...
moggy on 18:44 - Sep 23 with 4070 viewspioneer

moggy on 17:06 - Sep 23 by aleanddale

There is a huge difference and all the police know it!!

Moggy has sailed close to the wind plenty of times in the past and in the mid 80's was a formidable character - unsavoury even.

He has seen that no good can come from that lifestyle and has contributed so much to society and the fabric of the club.

A Lovable rogue - He now loves to attend matches - wind a few up - have a beer and a sing and go home happy win lose or draw. I am not sure any other Dale fan is as recognisable - Givus an Rrrrrrrrrrrrrr is stuff of legend!!

Lee Doran isnt - wasnt - never will be fit to lace moggys hob nailers!!

Going back to the 1970s he did time for his football related 'activities' - I still have the correspondence on HM note paper! He was also a public nuisance and embarrassment to the club and its fans (repeatedly streaking through motorway service stations while wearing his dale scarf round his wrist for example) such that his rogue days were less than lovable.

He certainly has become a more respectable citizen which is good news, and as far as I am aware no longer an embarrassment to the club. I suppose it comes with age. Perhaps there is still hope for Doran!
moggy on 19:24 - Sep 23 with 4008 viewsDale23years

Moggy never ran !!!!!!!!!!!!

Poll: Renewing your season ticket

moggy on 19:42 - Sep 23 with 3968 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

moggy on 19:24 - Sep 23 by Dale23years

Moggy never ran !!!!!!!!!!!!

You try running with a ladder strapped to your back!!
moggy on 21:57 - Sep 23 with 3849 viewsBraemar60

My own Moggy story goes back 15 years to when my newly arrived son was in the Special Care Baby Unit at Birch Hill early in the New Year.
Late on one evening, Moggy and a mate staggered to the entrance to the Unit to hand over a couple of buckets each filled to the top with notes and coins. They'd been in the pubs of Littleborough during the day drinking and collecting then made their way up to hand over what they had. He spoke briefly to the Nurse that came to the door though I'm sure she couldn't make out a word he said, I certainly couldn't! Then they both staggered away into the night, no fuss.
A recognisable face with a couple of buckets and if he says he's collecting for a particular cause, then that's what he's doing and people are happy to give.
moggy on 23:18 - Sep 23 with 3764 viewsThacks_Rabbits

To compare moggy to that Bell-End is a joke Wigi - he has done so much good and is such a nice guy who would do anything for anyone. OK - he has a past but everyone does - but I doubt you have donated or raised 1/100th of what Moggy has.

You think the club are embarrassed by Moggy - no - I would say even the directors who know him well love him as the guy he is now - Doran - don't make me laugh!!!

I remember years back we played Crewe at home and I was 16 - a few of there idiots came round to the Dale end after the game - all Moggy did was roared at them and they legged it - at the time as a skinny 8 stone lad I was grateful. Like most legends things get exagerated - with Doran all he does is plays - as has been posted - he is not fit to lace Moggys boots!!!

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

moggy on 23:40 - Sep 23 with 3745 viewsDaley_Lama

Moggy is known for his actions

Some on here for their words.

I'm sure there is a saying about this somewhere.

Poll: DF in or out

moggy on 00:09 - Sep 24 with 3718 viewsBrighouseDale

I remember Barnet away one time, must have been 16 or 17 years ago. We were in the same stand as the home supporters, separated by a wire fence with a few stewards mooching about at our side.

There was a group of five or six Barnet "yoof" flicking the v's through the fence at us, and out of nowhere Moggy just jumps up on the fence like a caged gorilla, letting out a big old roar. Upon jumping up one of the stewards put his arm out to try and stop him, and broke his watch in the process. As soon as Moggy realised what had happened, he got straight down and apologised, gave the steward £20 to get his watch fixed, and melted back into the crowd.

Admittedly he was pissed out of his face at the time, but it was still a heart warming gesture and the steward seemed pleased with the outcome. I like Moggy.

I am the resurrection and I am the light.

moggy on 10:05 - Sep 24 with 3538 viewswidgibob

moggy on 23:18 - Sep 23 by Thacks_Rabbits

To compare moggy to that Bell-End is a joke Wigi - he has done so much good and is such a nice guy who would do anything for anyone. OK - he has a past but everyone does - but I doubt you have donated or raised 1/100th of what Moggy has.

You think the club are embarrassed by Moggy - no - I would say even the directors who know him well love him as the guy he is now - Doran - don't make me laugh!!!

I remember years back we played Crewe at home and I was 16 - a few of there idiots came round to the Dale end after the game - all Moggy did was roared at them and they legged it - at the time as a skinny 8 stone lad I was grateful. Like most legends things get exagerated - with Doran all he does is plays - as has been posted - he is not fit to lace Moggys boots!!!

I'm definitely not compering their personalities. I knew Doran on a personal level when we were younger and he's always been a full on bellend (I also doubt he can tie shoe laces) and the few times I've met Mr Morris he seems very nice (and I'd like to say anyone who's done that much for kiddies charities has to be a good person but Saville ruined that)

I remember at fans meeting years ago moggy shouting at Killpatrick "I was born in the sandy and I'll die in the sandy!"
Mr Killpatrick just said with a roll of his eyes "no steven you wasn't born on the sandy lane"

What my point is we shouldn't be using the word legend of the club like he deserves a statue outside the sandy. Your right I haven't even raised/given 1000th for charity I also haven't gone to football match with the intent of hurting someone.

Now Jack the kitman he's a legend.

moggy on 11:59 - Sep 24 with 3442 viewsEllGazzell

moggy on 17:42 - Sep 23 by widgibob

When moggy was BillyBs age he was just as bad. So lee if you're reading this (which I doubt) you to could become a Rochdale legend.
How many people on here have pointed him out to their kids and said "see that man there, that's Moggy, he's a Rochdale legend "
"why's that daddy?"
"because in the eighties he used to go to matches and have fights with people, but he got hammered that many times his brains a bit mushy and now he just gets leathered at the footy in a different way and starts some songs off"
"wow daddy when I grow up I want to be just like him"

This...

Poll: If possible tomorrow, which model do you choose for Dale?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024