Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hilly interview 11:40 - Aug 8 with 4780 viewsSaxonDale

'It has been reported by a BBC reporter that the fans were being negative on Saturday following the result, I didn't see any negativity, just disappointment. I love working for this football club, I love the supporters and I love the players. Our unity has brought us massive success and it seems that people are trying to pull us apart, we have to remain united.'

Hilly interview on 13:11 - Aug 8 with 3960 views1907

Thats good to read. Unfortunately the overreactions on here the last two days has been nothing short of dibolical.
Hilly interview on 13:27 - Aug 8 with 3873 viewsD_Alien

Hilly interview on 13:11 - Aug 8 by 1907

Thats good to read. Unfortunately the overreactions on here the last two days has been nothing short of dibolical.

Rubbish. We've heard enough negativity from his own mouth about the fans these past couple of years. Statements like the above mean nothing until he stops seeing us as a hindrance.

[Post edited 8 Aug 2016 13:30]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Hilly interview on 13:54 - Aug 8 with 3780 viewsolympicdale

Bollocks, Hill is always waiting for a reason to blame the fans for daring to have dreams, it's his default setting. Reading interviews like this do little to diffuse it, you just know its there bubbling under the surface.

Life is a game of fate.

Hilly interview on 14:39 - Aug 8 with 3679 viewsBartRowou

I thought your overreaction to Bunney's performance was diabolical.

"Why he thought Bunney was the right man to lead the line will be a mystery. I never want to see him playing centre forward alone again because it was frankly embarrassing. My 2 year old god daughter has more upper body strength than the lad. It's a real poor show watching him make little to no effort trying to challenge for the ball."

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Hilly interview on 15:14 - Aug 8 with 3570 viewsTalkingSutty

The fans percieved expectations don't even exist, contrary to what Hill keeps stating. It's his mantra and he uses it at every opportunity, it's tiresome now.

Regarding Joe, RNL and the failed attempt to bring Holness into the squad we are all perfectly capable of forming our own opinions regarding their attributes because we paid for the privilege of watching them with our own two eyes over the years. Unless they've all of a sudden blossomed into beautiful Swans then we know what we are getting. That's not to say all three aren't cracking fellas though, i don't doubt that. Not rating footballers having witnessed their performances at first hand isn't diabolical overreaction,i think you're overreacting there.
[Post edited 8 Aug 2016 16:12]
Hilly interview on 15:24 - Aug 8 with 3542 viewsTVOS1907

Which reactions in particular?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Hilly interview on 15:51 - Aug 8 with 3469 viewsfrenzied

perhaps we should get it all out of the way now...

Lillis will make at least 6 or 7 more mistakes this season some of which may lead to goals conceded

Henderson will miss a penalty

Vincenti will miss several good scoring opportunities

our midfield will lose possession in the centre of the pitch prob leading to goals conceeded

our centre backs will fail to clear the ball leading to goals conceeded

However this will be small fry in comparison to what they will all do well

I have complete faith in all team selections that Hill makes..isnt hindsight wonderful its never wrong!!
Hilly interview on 16:12 - Aug 8 with 3400 viewsrochedale

Hilly interview on 15:51 - Aug 8 by frenzied

Lillis will make at least 6 or 7 more mistakes this season some of which may lead to goals conceded

our midfield will lose possession in the centre of the pitch prob leading to goals conceeded

I have complete faith in all team selections that Hill makes..isnt hindsight wonderful its never wrong!!

Good post. If that second shot had of been 2 foot to the right and Josh hadn't have dropped that third, this message board would be a world away from what it has been since tea-time Saturday.

It is to be expected to a certain degree, that's the nature of the results business that is football, but to this extent?

As hard as it is to understand the signing of JT, some of the comments on here are uncalled for. One loss and a couple of odd signings and KH's suitability as our manager is thrown in to question along with his desire to progress. One comment even asks if it is time to hand over the reigns to Chris Beech!

Be careful what you wish for...

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

Login to get fewer ads

Hilly interview on 16:13 - Aug 8 with 3399 viewsTalkingSutty

Hilly interview on 15:51 - Aug 8 by frenzied

What about Hendersons red card?
Hilly interview on 16:28 - Aug 8 with 3339 viewsTalkingSutty

Hilly interview on 16:12 - Aug 8 by rochedale

Good post. If that second shot had of been 2 foot to the right and Josh hadn't have dropped that third, this message board would be a world away from what it has been since tea-time Saturday.

It is to be expected to a certain degree, that's the nature of the results business that is football, but to this extent?

As hard as it is to understand the signing of JT, some of the comments on here are uncalled for. One loss and a couple of odd signings and KH's suitability as our manager is thrown in to question along with his desire to progress. One comment even asks if it is time to hand over the reigns to Chris Beech!

Be careful what you wish for...

I thought we played ok on Saturday, no real problems with that, my post match comments on the forum will allude to that. I questioned his signings of Thompson and RNL and the likely signing of Holness and suggested he doesn't fancy pushing the team on to greater things, the majority of other posts also stated the same thing. That sort of recruitment makes you react like that. It doesn't make you think ' Great we're strengthening',does it? In fact his recruiting up to now this Summer has been pretty poor i think.

He mentioned other Clubs coming in for him over the Summer and I don't know why? Fantastic of him to stay though, cheers Keith. He wasn't happy with the powers that be mentioning the word 'Championship', they are his bosses lest he forgets.

It makes you wonder if he's lost his mojo or fears pushing the team on further ( Joe, Marcus, RNL), if that is the case then yes,pass the baton on to Beech and move on. I don't think that's a unfair conclusion. The suggestion wasn't a case of being nasty, it's a reaction to his actions which I have just highlighted.
[Post edited 8 Aug 2016 16:31]
Hilly interview on 17:46 - Aug 8 with 3133 views442Dale

Having watched it, it was very good to hear. So from there we will presumably be making our feelings clear to the BBC and the likes of Jimmy Wagg when he chooses to present his show at Spotland in the future?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Hilly interview on 20:57 - Aug 8 with 2809 viewsmikehunt

Hilly berating fans is like a mantra? Well what are we like then? One game into the season and the negativity on here is mind boggling. It, too, is becoming a mantra.
Long may Hilly berate us (if that's what he is doing) because it means he is still at the club! Keep this sh!t up and he soon won't be. As someone said, be careful what you wish for.
Jeez Louise!!

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Hilly interview on 21:25 - Aug 8 with 2762 viewsWill_RAFC

One of my mates was doing press on Saturday and I asked him to clarify Hill's comments about the fans.

"There weren't any, didn't mention the fans at all so I've no idea where this story has come from"
Hilly interview on 21:26 - Aug 8 with 2748 viewsD_Alien

Hilly interview on 20:57 - Aug 8 by mikehunt

Hilly berating fans is like a mantra? Well what are we like then? One game into the season and the negativity on here is mind boggling. It, too, is becoming a mantra.
Long may Hilly berate us (if that's what he is doing) because it means he is still at the club! Keep this sh!t up and he soon won't be. As someone said, be careful what you wish for.
Jeez Louise!!

We're simply questioning why Hill has been so negative, when he doesn't need to be, nothing more.

The over-reaction to the statement in the OP shows how desperate fans are to believe he likes us. We don't want to liked, just treated like paying customers. Does any other business (sport is a business) try to tell customers their expectations are too high? Well, apart from Gerald Ratner?

Hilly interview on 21:29 - Aug 8 with 2728 views1907

Hilly interview on 14:39 - Aug 8 by BartRowou

I thought your overreaction to Bunney's performance was diabolical.

"Why he thought Bunney was the right man to lead the line will be a mystery. I never want to see him playing centre forward alone again because it was frankly embarrassing. My 2 year old god daughter has more upper body strength than the lad. It's a real poor show watching him make little to no effort trying to challenge for the ball."

That's no overreaction. That is a couple of years worth of frustration of watching someone struggle to do their job.
Hilly interview on 21:34 - Aug 8 with 2710 viewsTalkingSutty

Hilly interview on 21:29 - Aug 8 by 1907

That's no overreaction. That is a couple of years worth of frustration of watching someone struggle to do their job.

I thought Bunney was one of our most improved players last season and you can't judge him after just the one game,similar to Lillis. I am in full agreement with Hill on this one,he obviously rates him.
Hilly interview on 21:57 - Aug 8 with 2643 viewsrochedale

Hilly interview on 16:28 - Aug 8 by TalkingSutty

I thought we played ok on Saturday, no real problems with that, my post match comments on the forum will allude to that. I questioned his signings of Thompson and RNL and the likely signing of Holness and suggested he doesn't fancy pushing the team on to greater things, the majority of other posts also stated the same thing. That sort of recruitment makes you react like that. It doesn't make you think ' Great we're strengthening',does it? In fact his recruiting up to now this Summer has been pretty poor i think.

He mentioned other Clubs coming in for him over the Summer and I don't know why? Fantastic of him to stay though, cheers Keith. He wasn't happy with the powers that be mentioning the word 'Championship', they are his bosses lest he forgets.

It makes you wonder if he's lost his mojo or fears pushing the team on further ( Joe, Marcus, RNL), if that is the case then yes,pass the baton on to Beech and move on. I don't think that's a unfair conclusion. The suggestion wasn't a case of being nasty, it's a reaction to his actions which I have just highlighted.
[Post edited 8 Aug 2016 16:31]

I can honestly say that I am not wondering whether he has lost his mojo. I AM wondering why he has signed JT, but I am quite sure there is some logical explanation.

Did he mention other clubs came in for him or did he say he could've pushed through for a move away if he wanted? Most on here could move jobs if we wanted, the fact that he is still here is good news. As for him mentioning it, so what, he's a good manager and just reminding us and his employer. I do believe we are lucky to have him purely because we have never had better and he and RAFC just seem to work fantastically together. Lose KH lose league 1 status.

You have to assume he has failed in his recruitment, probably through no fault of his own, he is happy with his 15/16 man squad but is conscious of a lack of depth in numbers and has given JT a chance. I would imagine JT will be on next to nowt and it will also help make him a more saleable asset so a favour also.

Keep the faith and chill out, and try to enjoy it, it's the start of the season!

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

Hilly interview on 22:23 - Aug 8 with 2575 viewsTVOS1907

Hilly interview on 21:25 - Aug 8 by Will_RAFC

One of my mates was doing press on Saturday and I asked him to clarify Hill's comments about the fans.

"There weren't any, didn't mention the fans at all so I've no idea where this story has come from"

It was an implication from a BBC reporter rather than anything Hill had said.
[Post edited 8 Aug 2016 22:27]

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Hilly interview on 22:37 - Aug 8 with 2534 viewsTalkingSutty

Hilly interview on 21:57 - Aug 8 by rochedale

I can honestly say that I am not wondering whether he has lost his mojo. I AM wondering why he has signed JT, but I am quite sure there is some logical explanation.

Did he mention other clubs came in for him or did he say he could've pushed through for a move away if he wanted? Most on here could move jobs if we wanted, the fact that he is still here is good news. As for him mentioning it, so what, he's a good manager and just reminding us and his employer. I do believe we are lucky to have him purely because we have never had better and he and RAFC just seem to work fantastically together. Lose KH lose league 1 status.

You have to assume he has failed in his recruitment, probably through no fault of his own, he is happy with his 15/16 man squad but is conscious of a lack of depth in numbers and has given JT a chance. I would imagine JT will be on next to nowt and it will also help make him a more saleable asset so a favour also.

Keep the faith and chill out, and try to enjoy it, it's the start of the season!

Thanks for the advice, appreciate it.

I don't know why people get so alarmed when individuals submit posts disagreeing with the managers actions. The fact i am extremely disappointed at the recruiting of certain players is normal isn't it? Why do we all have to agree with everything he does or says? We didn't all agree with the ST policy so what's the difference?

He's also brought some great players into the Club and i've given him big credit for that but if i don't rate certain signings and they are coming into the Club having been rejected by all and sundry then of course i will say something and also question the ambition behind the recruitment. Fans should question decisions that affect the Club shouldn't they?

The fact that some decide to target just myself regarding all of this says more about them than me. I just hope if we do struggle this season they dont start turning on the manager and criticising his recruitment on the forum.I notice some of them think its fair game to criticise Joe Bunney and Lillis on the forum though,Donnelly was also good for a piss take for these whiter than white individuals also. Have a trawl back and check the historic posts if you have the inclination, very few are immune when it comes to slating plenty of Hills signings believe me!!

If Hill is really serious about staying at the Club i will support him through thick and thin and also a relegation. I won't always agree with him and will question his decisions though, that's a normal thing to do isn't it?
[Post edited 8 Aug 2016 22:42]
Hilly interview on 22:53 - Aug 8 with 2491 viewsD_Alien

Hilly interview on 22:37 - Aug 8 by TalkingSutty

Thanks for the advice, appreciate it.

I don't know why people get so alarmed when individuals submit posts disagreeing with the managers actions. The fact i am extremely disappointed at the recruiting of certain players is normal isn't it? Why do we all have to agree with everything he does or says? We didn't all agree with the ST policy so what's the difference?

He's also brought some great players into the Club and i've given him big credit for that but if i don't rate certain signings and they are coming into the Club having been rejected by all and sundry then of course i will say something and also question the ambition behind the recruitment. Fans should question decisions that affect the Club shouldn't they?

The fact that some decide to target just myself regarding all of this says more about them than me. I just hope if we do struggle this season they dont start turning on the manager and criticising his recruitment on the forum.I notice some of them think its fair game to criticise Joe Bunney and Lillis on the forum though,Donnelly was also good for a piss take for these whiter than white individuals also. Have a trawl back and check the historic posts if you have the inclination, very few are immune when it comes to slating plenty of Hills signings believe me!!

If Hill is really serious about staying at the Club i will support him through thick and thin and also a relegation. I won't always agree with him and will question his decisions though, that's a normal thing to do isn't it?
[Post edited 8 Aug 2016 22:42]

"The fact that some decide to target just myself regarding all of this says more about them than me."

Hilly interview on 10:19 - Aug 9 with 2190 viewsDaleiLama

Several people have said they no longer listen to KH interviews. Good policy in my book. Saves time and stops you getting wound up.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Hilly interview on 11:01 - Aug 9 with 2103 viewsYorkshire_Dale

We just need a decent display (and a WIN) against Chedster and the Spirerites tonight and all the "negativity" will be gone.
Hilly interview on 11:08 - Aug 9 with 2079 viewsnordenblue

Hilly interview on 10:19 - Aug 9 by DaleiLama

Several people have said they no longer listen to KH interviews. Good policy in my book. Saves time and stops you getting wound up.

That's my idea,i can't tell you the last time I bothered listening to him as he talks absolute bollox even more so post match from what I remember mentioning fans,expectations,unfair pressure etc etc...

I can have nothing but respect for him as a manager and what he's actually achieved at the club is staggering but he should leave the press duties to Beech from what I've heard,he does himself no favours.
Hilly interview on 11:13 - Aug 9 with 2065 viewsD_Alien

Hilly interview on 11:01 - Aug 9 by Yorkshire_Dale

We just need a decent display (and a WIN) against Chedster and the Spirerites tonight and all the "negativity" will be gone.

Simply not true... and therein lies the crux of this issue.

Can't remember the precise games, but on more than one occasion, after a good win and a highly positive reaction on here, Hill has sought to find fault with the fans natural reactions during the course of those games. Why?

It's just senseless negativity, from him, not us.

Hilly interview on 14:28 - Aug 9 with 1825 views49thseason

The press will always try to put words in your mouth or twist what you actually do say, so dont give them the opportunity.
There is no reason to play along with this continuous press inquisition, it doesnt put bums on seats and doesnt score any more goals, it is a distraction the mamager doesnt need and as a fan, I would rather have a well thought out statement later in the week than an instant stream of consciousness, moments after the heat of battle.
If there is a contractual requirement to make comments then just be bland and compliment the opposition, dont try to be a philosopher.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024