Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Weather for the first home League game of the season 20:31 - Aug 8 with 9369 views56years

Not wishing to be a prophet of doom but has anybody noticed the weather forecast for Saturday? I have seen better, particularly bearing in mind our pitch .............
Weather for the first home League game of the season on 20:32 - Aug 8 with 5633 viewsrochdaleriddler

Not looking good

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Weather for the first home League game of the season on 20:34 - Aug 8 with 5617 viewsD_Alien

Yes. Would expect the club to be making reasonable provisions for ensuring the game goes ahead, but no reports on the OS about further work on the pitch (especially main stand side) doesn't bode well

Even if it goes ahead, the game itself looks like being played in a gale - not what we'd have wished for

Further: we have Saturday, then a game (probably) on Tuesday. Are Hornets at home on Sunday? It's a fortnight since they just managed to complete their last home game before the deluge
[Post edited 8 Aug 2019 20:37]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Weather for the first home League game of the season on 20:37 - Aug 8 with 5591 viewsjudd

Weather for the first home League game of the season on 20:34 - Aug 8 by D_Alien

Yes. Would expect the club to be making reasonable provisions for ensuring the game goes ahead, but no reports on the OS about further work on the pitch (especially main stand side) doesn't bode well

Even if it goes ahead, the game itself looks like being played in a gale - not what we'd have wished for

Further: we have Saturday, then a game (probably) on Tuesday. Are Hornets at home on Sunday? It's a fortnight since they just managed to complete their last home game before the deluge
[Post edited 8 Aug 2019 20:37]

At home to Leigh

Poll: What is it to be then?

Weather for the first home League game of the season on 20:39 - Aug 8 with 5583 viewsJames1980

I will be heading up from the saaarrrffff daahhhnnss.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Weather for the first home League game of the season on 20:53 - Aug 8 with 5508 viewsblackdogblue

Weather for the first home League game of the season on 20:39 - Aug 8 by James1980

Perhaps we can borrow some sand from the beach at Heaton Park?

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Weather for the first home League game of the season on 20:55 - Aug 8 with 5496 viewsBartRowou

Can we not use Gigg if this keeps happening?

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Weather for the first home League game of the season on 21:01 - Aug 8 with 5452 viewsblackdogblue

Weather for the first home League game of the season on 20:55 - Aug 8 by BartRowou

Can we not use Gigg if this keeps happening?

After next week, no floodlights, turnstiles, chairs etc bring all repossessed, don’t fancy standing in the dark & rain..

Saying that, can have a fag so I’m on 😀

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Weather for the first home League game of the season on 21:32 - Aug 8 with 5373 viewsrochdaleriddler

Weather for the first home League game of the season on 20:39 - Aug 8 by James1980

You staying for the feel good ?

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Login to get fewer ads

Weather for the first home League game of the season on 21:48 - Aug 8 with 5319 viewsJames1980

Weather for the first home League game of the season on 21:32 - Aug 8 by rochdaleriddler

You staying for the feel good ?

Booked in to a hotel for the night so will venture into the town centre

Weather for the first home League game of the season on 10:54 - Aug 9 with 4974 viewsfermin

I didn't realise the Trust did this for away fans:

https://www.drfc-vsc.co.uk/index.php?PHPSESSID=89ee45b901fcde870e8dad93db8b9280&

Seems pretty comprehensive.

I hope the game is on. As someone who travels a long way to home games I hope we are not going back to the times when any drop of rain put a game off eg that season when the Plymouth game was postponed endless times.
Weather for the first home League game of the season on 11:02 - Aug 9 with 4941 viewsDaleiLama

Weather for the first home League game of the season on 10:54 - Aug 9 by fermin

I didn't realise the Trust did this for away fans:

https://www.drfc-vsc.co.uk/index.php?PHPSESSID=89ee45b901fcde870e8dad93db8b9280&

Seems pretty comprehensive.

I hope the game is on. As someone who travels a long way to home games I hope we are not going back to the times when any drop of rain put a game off eg that season when the Plymouth game was postponed endless times.

Reform now open to away fans? I know they let Sunderland fans in (to the detriment of Dale fans getting pre-match scoops) but normally they have a sign up saying home fans only. Is this a change of policy does anyone know?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Weather for the first home League game of the season on 11:31 - Aug 9 with 4874 viewsdale_spotland

Weather for the first home League game of the season on 11:02 - Aug 9 by DaleiLama

Reform now open to away fans? I know they let Sunderland fans in (to the detriment of Dale fans getting pre-match scoops) but normally they have a sign up saying home fans only. Is this a change of policy does anyone know?

Think the new owner changed policy and allows anybody in, if memory serves me correctly I think away fans were allowed in from the Sunderland game onwards, however there was never more than a handful, if that. (Apart from Sunderland of course!)

Days like this one weren't supposed to happen to Rochdale.

Weather for the first home League game of the season on 15:05 - Aug 9 with 4595 viewsD_Alien

The heavens have opened, can't see the pitch taking this? It won't be continuous but no real respite before kick off, when it's due to be heavy again...

Weather for the first home League game of the season on 15:21 - Aug 9 with 4546 viewsShun

Weather for the first home League game of the season on 15:05 - Aug 9 by D_Alien

The heavens have opened, can't see the pitch taking this? It won't be continuous but no real respite before kick off, when it's due to be heavy again...

It’s as bad now as it was for the Bradford game (I.e. quite heavy but nothing biblical, and interspersed with spells of sunshine), so going off that it might well be off!
Weather for the first home League game of the season on 15:23 - Aug 9 with 4539 viewsJames1980

A statement from the club might be good

Weather for the first home League game of the season on 15:30 - Aug 9 with 4509 viewsrich_dale

Will the covers not be on?
Weather for the first home League game of the season on 15:36 - Aug 9 with 4478 viewsdeeplishblue

Weather for the first home League game of the season on 15:23 - Aug 9 by James1980

I have never really seen the point in issuing statements unless there is something to state.

The pitch could be unplayable now - and playable tomorrow or vice versa.

Why put doubt in peoples minds until the facts become clearer?

Poll: Do you want bury to get promoted?

Weather for the first home League game of the season on 15:38 - Aug 9 with 4475 viewsD_Alien

Weather for the first home League game of the season on 15:23 - Aug 9 by James1980

Ultimately, really harsh weather of any kind isn't within the gift of the club to prevent, but you're right James - the club might at least issue some kind of indicator regarding measures to alleviate the possibility of postponement

Fans such as yourself are spending a lot of time & money and the least you're entitled to is a minimum level of communication. No-one will blame the club if the weather defeats their best intentions

Edit: i agree deeplishblue that the situation can change, but what measures are the club taking to try and alleviate the situation?
[Post edited 9 Aug 2019 15:40]

Weather for the first home League game of the season on 15:52 - Aug 9 with 4416 viewsSandyDrum

Chance of light rain is in the 30 - 50% range between now and 1pm tomorrow.

To be honest, I like those odds. A strong breeze due too that might help dry the surface.

Think we will be fine.

Wish I'd chosen a different username...

Weather for the first home League game of the season on 15:54 - Aug 9 with 4413 viewsMoonyDale

Weather for the first home League game of the season on 15:36 - Aug 9 by deeplishblue

I have never really seen the point in issuing statements unless there is something to state.

The pitch could be unplayable now - and playable tomorrow or vice versa.

Why put doubt in peoples minds until the facts become clearer?

A simple message to say "the covers are on" would be a start I would suggest....Not exactly difficult to organise..

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Weather for the first home League game of the season on 16:08 - Aug 9 with 4370 viewsaleanddale

Weather for the first home League game of the season on 15:52 - Aug 9 by SandyDrum

Chance of light rain is in the 30 - 50% range between now and 1pm tomorrow.

To be honest, I like those odds. A strong breeze due too that might help dry the surface.

Think we will be fine.

agreed

stiff breeze and very little rain now forecast for Saturday.

I would go for "game on"
Weather for the first home League game of the season on 16:23 - Aug 9 with 4315 viewsTVOS1907

Weather for the first home League game of the season on 16:08 - Aug 9 by aleanddale

agreed

I would go for "game on"

"stiff breeze"

Are you on about Day's shorts again?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Weather for the first home League game of the season on 16:44 - Aug 9 with 4245 viewsD_Alien

Weather for the first home League game of the season on 16:08 - Aug 9 by aleanddale

agreed

I would go for "game on"

Not sure which forecast you're looking at, but there are weather warnings issued for tomorrow due to the amount of rain expected locally

I hope they're wrong, but think it's unlikely

Just to add, if the game against Bradford hadn't been abandoned, i wouldn't have considered posting about this

Weather for the first home League game of the season on 16:48 - Aug 9 with 4228 viewsDaleiLama

Weather for the first home League game of the season on 16:44 - Aug 9 by D_Alien

Not sure which forecast you're looking at, but there are weather warnings issued for tomorrow due to the amount of rain expected locally

I hope they're wrong, but think it's unlikely

Just to add, if the game against Bradford hadn't been abandoned, i wouldn't have considered posting about this

Just looked at the beeb site and share your concerns. If not a postponement I wouldn't be shocked at an abandonment at all.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Weather for the first home League game of the season on 16:58 - Aug 9 with 4185 viewsEllDale

Have we a coherent policy in place for refunds etc in the event of an abandonment?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024