Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cardbord cut outs anyone? 07:48 - May 8 with 3076 viewsfrenzied

So Borussia Munchengladbach? have gone for the above to be put in their stands..you send in photo of yourself..they produce cardboard cut out of yu and its put in stand..£17.00 for charity..they look pretty good actually..could use them as social distance item when we are allowed back in
Cardbord cut outs anyone? on 14:22 - May 8 with 2982 viewsKenBoon

It is the most cringe thing in the world, so it makes perfect sense that Germany would do it. Germany is great at many things and cringy bad ideas like this and the inevitable pipped in cheers and fan sang songs (not during open play) is one of them.
Cardbord cut outs anyone? on 00:36 - May 9 with 2864 viewsdownunder

Piped chants? "Give us a B"...
Cardbord cut outs anyone? on 11:12 - May 9 with 2770 viewsjonesy

I Iike Germany and enjoy being there. I agree the Germans can be a funny bunch but I like this idea. If it had come from USA everyone would be jumping up and down saying what a great idea. Like high fiving blox. Kids love USA and we seem to copy them. Even though I am glad we are leaving the Europe gravy train I think we have a lot to learn from some European countries. I look forward to seeing some pictures from the ground.
Cardbord cut outs anyone? on 12:49 - May 9 with 2741 viewsKenBoon

Cardbord cut outs anyone? on 11:12 - May 9 by jonesy

I Iike Germany and enjoy being there. I agree the Germans can be a funny bunch but I like this idea. If it had come from USA everyone would be jumping up and down saying what a great idea. Like high fiving blox. Kids love USA and we seem to copy them. Even though I am glad we are leaving the Europe gravy train I think we have a lot to learn from some European countries. I look forward to seeing some pictures from the ground.

USA do this cringe stuff too. Real Salt lake as an example.

On the subject of USA. This is one of my favourite YouTube videos. Not only is it Scotland getting beat when they really thought they could make the second round but the US commentary is very funny (I know they don't do this now).
Cardbord cut outs anyone? on 12:53 - May 9 with 2735 viewskel

The muricans are the cringiest fookers on the planet so I certainly wouldn’t be congratulating them on summat like this.

An example

Cardbord cut outs anyone? on 14:35 - May 9 with 2667 viewsAtThePeake

It's weird, because I've been to St Pauli and Borussia Dortmund games and they are up there with the best atmospheres I've ever witnessed in one way, but at the same time it hardly feels real.

In the FCSP game I went to, it was a real ding-dong battle which ended in a 5-3 defeat to Koln, but the level of chanting from the home fans didn't really change at any point.

Equally, Dortmund were being beaten 4-0 (on aggregate by Spurs) but the fans were still chanting and waving their flags with the same gusto as at kick-off.

Some might say that's 'unwavering' support that doesn't change regardless of the scoreline, but it feels to me like many attend the game purely to chant and wave flags rather than watch the game and support the team and in the end, in some cases it becomes like a continuous drone that doesn't really match what's happening on the pitch and you end up zoning out from it. When you compare that to our home game against Newcastle for example, when the crowd reacted to Dale upping the tempo and changing their tact after a subdued first half, I think it made that second half atmosphere more authentic.

That said, the experience of going to those games in Germany, being able to stand up, have a drink in the stand, pay a reasonable ticket price, (£12 for the second tier game at St Pauli, £25 for the Champions League game at Dortmund), is so, so much better than any I've experienced in other countries and especially in the UK.

Tangled up in blue.

Cardbord cut outs anyone? on 15:00 - May 9 with 2640 viewsmikehunt

The cutout thing has already been done by a team in the Belarus league this season.

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Cardbord cut outs anyone? on 16:44 - May 9 with 2594 viewsNigeriamark

Perhaps they could charge more for one where you can add a speaker with your own voice so that we can have shouts like " Gerrit Forard" & " Stop P$ss$ng around at the back" echoing out. Also a non specific speaker just for shouting at the ref

Then it would start to sound like a real game !!
Login to get fewer ads

Cardbord cut outs anyone? on 19:30 - May 9 with 2555 viewsmikehunt

I was thinking about whether they would overdub crowd noises on the behind closed doors games: oohs and aahs like they do on Quest clips. Then I figured, if they do that, why stop there? They may as well dub on studio laughter for the more comical moments.

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Cardbord cut outs anyone? on 21:28 - May 9 with 2518 viewspioneer

Cardbord cut outs anyone? on 16:44 - May 9 by Nigeriamark

Perhaps they could charge more for one where you can add a speaker with your own voice so that we can have shouts like " Gerrit Forard" & " Stop P$ss$ng around at the back" echoing out. Also a non specific speaker just for shouting at the ref

Then it would start to sound like a real game !!

“get some wingers on”

“keep it on the ground, its football not head ball”

“I see more forward passes at Hornets”
Cardbord cut outs anyone? on 12:23 - May 18 with 2280 viewsfrenzied

Looks like the S .Koreans have upped the game..they are putting sex dolls in their stands
Cardbord cut outs anyone? on 12:52 - May 18 with 2254 viewsJames1980

Cardbord cut outs anyone? on 12:23 - May 18 by frenzied

Looks like the S .Koreans have upped the game..they are putting sex dolls in their stands

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Cardbord cut outs anyone? on 16:03 - May 18 with 2167 viewsDaleiLama

Cardbord cut outs anyone? on 12:52 - May 18 by James1980

Brings a whole new meaning to scoring in the wrong end?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Cardbord cut outs anyone? on 22:05 - May 18 with 2059 viewsdownunder

Cardbord cut outs anyone? on 16:03 - May 18 by DaleiLama

Brings a whole new meaning to scoring in the wrong end?

I was told they used the dolls that failed quality control, and bulged where they shouldn't. Though I thought that story was blown up out of all proportion. I'll get my coat...
Cardbord cut outs anyone? on 06:18 - May 21 with 1896 viewssmaclad1

Oh dear, if anyone thought the South Korean scandal would just ….errrr blow over, the club concerned has been fined for their indiscretion.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/may/21/south-korea-football-league-impose

The best bit in that report is "After reviewing the case, league officials accepted FC Seoul’s claim that it did not know the mannequins were sex toys, but said it “could have easily recognised their use using common sense and experience”" which might inadvertently have revealed the predilections of said league officials. Which in turn reminded me of...

Cardbord cut outs anyone? on 11:53 - May 23 with 1807 views100569

I must admit I don't think its such a bad idea considering none of us is going to get inside a ground until next year ! The guy running the show in this country was on talk sport yesterday (Friday) and came across really well and was an interesting listen. The website if anybody wants to have a look is beatthegame.org.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024