Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trust main board director 17:32 - Jun 24 with 3550 viewsjudd

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2021/june/supporterstrustrepresentativetojoin

Fantastic move - well done all involved.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Trust main board director on 17:36 - Jun 24 with 3522 viewsnordenblue

That has to be a good move and brings things a little more into the open whenever a problem arises, good work to all involved
Trust main board director on 17:43 - Jun 24 with 3475 viewsSandyman

A very welcome move. Best wishes to the brave individual who is taking on this new role.
Trust main board director on 18:11 - Jun 24 with 3356 viewsncfc_chalky

It's very good news and a step in the right direction by the board
[Post edited 24 Jun 2021 18:45]

Poll: Will you purchase any shares?...

Trust main board director on 19:42 - Jun 24 with 3151 viewsJames1980

Superb news well done to all involved. Regarding confidentiality is it just they can't go into detail or certain topics will be fully off limits to report back to trust members about?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Trust main board director on 19:56 - Jun 24 with 3102 viewsfermin

This is great news. However, I think people will need to cut the trust representative a bit of slack and understand that there are some things that have to remain confidential either for data protection or commercial reasons. The individual concerned will have to manage a conflict of interest if they are on the inside as a board member and on the outside as a trust director. This is not something new as it happens in other organisations and entities, but the rest of us have to acknowledge the inherent conflict and manage our expectations.
Trust main board director on 20:05 - Jun 24 with 3068 viewsJames1980

I expect they wouldn't be able to say about raising concerns about A Trialists being signed for £X a week. But could they report back about say raising concerns regarding contracts in general for example?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Trust main board director on 22:27 - Jun 24 with 2871 viewsswindondale

The statement says that £25000 from the David Clough Estate will be donated to buy shares in the name of the Supporters Trust. This presumably will be 12500 shares, based on previous director appointments. I believe that the Trust currently owns 12625 shares. This will roughly double the Trust's shareholding, increasing to approx 5% of issued shares, I think. This in itself is a very significant step, further protecting the Club from future aggressive takeover bids, and probably as important as the Trust having a representative on the Board
Trust main board director on 10:57 - Jun 25 with 2456 viewsDaleiLama

Trust main board director on 19:56 - Jun 24 by fermin

This is great news. However, I think people will need to cut the trust representative a bit of slack and understand that there are some things that have to remain confidential either for data protection or commercial reasons. The individual concerned will have to manage a conflict of interest if they are on the inside as a board member and on the outside as a trust director. This is not something new as it happens in other organisations and entities, but the rest of us have to acknowledge the inherent conflict and manage our expectations.

Indeed - fantastic news and a massive sign of progress and guess what ....... an example straight out of the gate of keeping promises made by the board? Really, really encouraging to see them not just talk the talk but walk it too with this appointment. Beats the hell out of the bluster, BS and lies from the past.

The conflict of interest issues were discussed here previously

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/members/rochdale/forum/272772/page:1

As Col was commenting on the appointment, presumably it won't be him but another Trust board member. Whoever the individual is, this can only be seen as a hugely promising step out of the darkness.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Login to get fewer ads

Trust main board director on 11:06 - Jun 25 with 2436 viewsD_Alien

Trust main board director on 10:57 - Jun 25 by DaleiLama

Indeed - fantastic news and a massive sign of progress and guess what ....... an example straight out of the gate of keeping promises made by the board? Really, really encouraging to see them not just talk the talk but walk it too with this appointment. Beats the hell out of the bluster, BS and lies from the past.

The conflict of interest issues were discussed here previously

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/members/rochdale/forum/272772/page:1

As Col was commenting on the appointment, presumably it won't be him but another Trust board member. Whoever the individual is, this can only be seen as a hugely promising step out of the darkness.

Well said

And presumably, whoever is appointed (voted?) to the main board by the Trust will relinquish any position, if held, within the Trust for the duration of his/her term

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Trust main board director on 11:51 - Jun 25 with 2336 viewsR17ALE

Trust main board director on 11:06 - Jun 25 by D_Alien

Well said

And presumably, whoever is appointed (voted?) to the main board by the Trust will relinquish any position, if held, within the Trust for the duration of his/her term

My understanding of this development, remarkably exactly a year to the day Cloughie croaked, is that every two years anyone who has been a Trust member for at least 12 months can put themselves forward to fulfill this position and then the Trust members will vote accordingly.

There might be 5 members seeking election in 2 years, or maybe just 2. Who knows?

This Director will be different in that they cannot be removed by Shareholders. Only the fans (Trust members) get to decide with 1 vote per fan, every two years.

This is precisely the sort of legacy Cloughie would have supported. He was always wanting to know what was going on. This negotiated new role with the new Chairman will see for evermore an elected fan on the club's Board at the behest of Cloughie.

It also significantly increases the Trust's shareholding to around 25,000 making it even more worthy that supporters join The Trust as for your fiver, you have a say within the 5th or 6th largest stake in the club.

In short recent events have seen the Boardroom lose Rawlinson and Bottomley and gain a fan plus new Directors who are fans also.

The first fan on the Board will be chosen by the Trust Board. Elections thereafter. And the Trust Director will probably this time remain a Trust Director and I know he'll be fan centric.

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Trust main board director on 13:21 - Jun 25 with 2177 viewsfermin

Just seen this good article on the Dale Trust website which I imagine others have too:

https://www.daletrust.co.uk/2021/06/trust-to-join-rafc-board/

Correct me if I am wrong but I get the impression that the Trust has not exactly been inundated with people willing to put themselves forward for election. In addition one of them will now take on serious responsibility and workload by going on the Club Board. The principle of not allowing a person to have more than two two-year terms on the Club Board is a good one in theory but it does rely on a people being more willing to put themselves forward to be on the Trust Board and from there on the Club Board.

In my work life I deal with trustees for quite a big organisation and it is very difficult to get people to put themselves forward for a voluntary position which involves a lot of work and responsibility on top of a day job. Going on the Club Board will not be a sinecure and the individual concerned will be subject to criticism, not all of which will be constructive. Some people will be happy to enough to have a relatively low profile on the Trust Board, but not a higher profile role on the Club Board. It is also important that the individual concerned has abilities which would make them an asset to the Club Board - these need not necessarily be professional abilities but being willing to learn, having common sense and a questioning attitude, for example.
Trust main board director on 13:59 - Jun 25 with 2115 viewsjonahwhereru

Trust main board director on 19:56 - Jun 24 by fermin

Wise words indeed.
Can state right now I will never critical of the Trust Board Member. That on the basis that I would never take role myself.
Trust main board director on 19:17 - Jun 25 with 1821 viewsjudd

I hope to high fookin heaven that Bottomley is not a Trust board member.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Trust main board director on 19:40 - Jun 25 with 1764 viewspioneer

Trust main board director on 11:51 - Jun 25 by R17ALE

My understanding of this development, remarkably exactly a year to the day Cloughie croaked, is that every two years anyone who has been a Trust member for at least 12 months can put themselves forward to fulfill this position and then the Trust members will vote accordingly.

There might be 5 members seeking election in 2 years, or maybe just 2. Who knows?

This Director will be different in that they cannot be removed by Shareholders. Only the fans (Trust members) get to decide with 1 vote per fan, every two years.

This is precisely the sort of legacy Cloughie would have supported. He was always wanting to know what was going on. This negotiated new role with the new Chairman will see for evermore an elected fan on the club's Board at the behest of Cloughie.

It also significantly increases the Trust's shareholding to around 25,000 making it even more worthy that supporters join The Trust as for your fiver, you have a say within the 5th or 6th largest stake in the club.

In short recent events have seen the Boardroom lose Rawlinson and Bottomley and gain a fan plus new Directors who are fans also.

The first fan on the Board will be chosen by the Trust Board. Elections thereafter. And the Trust Director will probably this time remain a Trust Director and I know he'll be fan centric.

he or she will be fan centric.
Trust main board director on 19:44 - Jun 25 with 1750 viewsfermin

Trust main board director on 19:40 - Jun 25 by pioneer

he or she will be fan centric.

I see from R17ALE's post that it can be any trust member not just one on the Trust committee so that widens things out a bit. Hopefully we will have a lot of good candidates to choose between at the first election.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024