Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Update due today latest 10:45 - May 10 with 9270 viewsjudd

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2023/april/statement250423/

"A further update will follow no later than Wednesday May 10th 2023"

From the statement entitled Board response to Chris Dunphy.

From the action plan on Trust feedback:

"Q: I hope that the Trust will do everything possible to support Chris Dunphy and his colleagues in his bid to rescue the club.

A: The Trust will always act in the best interests of the Club and will consult with members before any major decision. As shown throughout the Morton House affair, when consulting with members, we will not suggest any direction when asking supporters. Along with a handful of other Dale supporters, the Trust Chair met with Chris Dunphy last weekend before the Sutton game. Whilst Chris has withdrawn his planned approach for the Club, we believe that given his years of experience at the Club can only support the Board of Directors and would urge both parties to get around the table at the earliest opportunity."

Poll: What is it to be then?

Update due today latest on 11:03 - May 10 with 5462 viewsTrev

Update due today latest on 17:31 - May 10 with 4897 viewsIOMDale

Update is misleading as there’s literally nothing to report:

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2023/may/investorupdate_100523/

UTDNFS

Update due today latest on 17:44 - May 10 with 4819 viewsjudd

"I remain committed to the club and would be willing to meet and talk with those who would help to protect the club we all love."

So, because he wasn't going to be hamstrung with bureaucracy, the board of directors, it would appear from this wooden statement, will not talk to him?

Talking is NOT against EFL rules.

Update due today latest on 17:48 - May 10 with 4792 views442Dale

Update due today latest on 17:31 - May 10 by IOMDale

Update is misleading as there’s literally nothing to report:

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2023/may/investorupdate_100523/

As seen in the original post in this thread, the club’s major shareholder, the Dale Trust have said the following regarding Dunphy:
“….we believe that given his years of experience at the Club can only support the Board of Directors and would urge both parties to get around the table at the earliest opportunity."

Of course, an individual may or may not choose to provide information around whether they are prepared to “get around the table at the earliest opportunity”, however Rochdale AFC can very easily inform supporters of their willingness to do this.

Especially as they are “working tirelessly” towards “reengaging” with supporters in a statement shared on the club website on the evening of the Stockport County away fixture on Saturday April 22nd 2023.
https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2023/april/clubupdate_220423/
[Post edited 10 May 2023 17:54]

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Update due today latest on 18:00 - May 10 with 4718 viewsCockneyDale

Update due today latest on 17:44 - May 10 by judd

"I remain committed to the club and would be willing to meet and talk with those who would help to protect the club we all love."

So, because he wasn't going to be hamstrung with bureaucracy, the board of directors, it would appear from this wooden statement, will not talk to him?

Talking is NOT against EFL rules.

It is wooden, agreed. But rather than him not wanting to be hamstrung with bureaucracy, isn't the reason they've stopped discussions because he won't/can't buy their shares?
Update due today latest on 18:12 - May 10 with 4649 viewsSuddenLad

Update due today latest on 18:00 - May 10 by CockneyDale

It is wooden, agreed. But rather than him not wanting to be hamstrung with bureaucracy, isn't the reason they've stopped discussions because he won't/can't buy their shares?

CD himself said that he didn't have the funds required. That's all that needs to be said about that.

Whether there is any mutual interest in CD offering his advice and/or experience is another matter.

That statement carefully says nothing.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Update due today latest on 18:14 - May 10 with 4626 views49thseason

No, I think its because Dunphy said he wanted to run the whole show and the Directors are not prepared to let that happen because they have invested a considerable amount of money themselves and ideally want it back before they would let someone else take over.
Update due today latest on 18:27 - May 10 with 4555 viewsD_Alien

Update due today latest on 18:12 - May 10 by SuddenLad

CD himself said that he didn't have the funds required. That's all that needs to be said about that.

Whether there is any mutual interest in CD offering his advice and/or experience is another matter.

That statement carefully says nothing.

Isn't it clear that the simplest thing CD could do would be to put in an offer to buy a substantial tranche of shares?

OK, he hasn't got the funds to buy the shares acquired by the current directors, but there's still c. 350k shares available (in theory)

If he wants to talk about helping the club, the appropriate action would be to offer to buy himself a seat on the board and take it from there. if there are others within his "consortium", they could also do so

However... if there are other interested parties looking to take control of the club, would the club allow such a sale of shares, which might hinder the plans of the new potential investor(s)?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Login to get fewer ads

Update due today latest on 18:52 - May 10 with 4433 viewsblackdogblue

Either a Calendar reminder or… oh no… they do not look at this forum….

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Update due today latest on 18:52 - May 10 with 4439 viewsjudd

What harm can it do to publicly welcome the opportunity to meet and talk with a man with over 30 years football board experience?

What harm could it do to acknowledge the wording from the clubs major shareholder and get together?

It really is that simple.

If we're looking to create competition for the acquisition, why not have more parties interested, irrespective of corporate speak procedure?

We're Rochdale, not Manchester United. (Credit to Trevor Butterworth)

Update due today latest on 19:00 - May 10 with 4403 viewsRodingdale

Update due today latest on 18:52 - May 10 by judd

What harm can it do to publicly welcome the opportunity to meet and talk with a man with over 30 years football board experience?

What harm could it do to acknowledge the wording from the clubs major shareholder and get together?

It really is that simple.

If we're looking to create competition for the acquisition, why not have more parties interested, irrespective of corporate speak procedure?

We're Rochdale, not Manchester United. (Credit to Trevor Butterworth)

I suspect the fact that CDs shares found their way into the hands of MH has coloured the view of the board. And who could blame them. A shame as you say, but CD burnt some bridges when he left last time.
Update due today latest on 19:07 - May 10 with 4362 viewsjudd

Update due today latest on 19:00 - May 10 by Rodingdale

I suspect the fact that CDs shares found their way into the hands of MH has coloured the view of the board. And who could blame them. A shame as you say, but CD burnt some bridges when he left last time.

How?

He sold, with others, to individuals known to the board, who had viable and vested interests in promoting Smarter Scout analytics system, a system later deployed by the club for free in identifying players for BBM to waste.

How anyone could have foreseen MH acquiring them shares is beyond me.

Don't forget, the Americans were about to join our board before serious internal issues that had not been addressed changed their minds. Those issues arose well after CD left.

He's been badly treated by successive boards since he left, and this one really has no justifiable excuse given the public apology and conciliatory statement from CD.

Update due today latest on 19:25 - May 10 with 4272 viewsTrev

OK, so the club has put out a statement of sorts. I didn't expect anything more to be honest. I would actually prefer it if they just got on with things now, stop going on about seeking outside investment and concentrated on ensuring we don't drop into NLN this time next year. I would be absolutely gobsmacked if anybody bought them out.
Update due today latest on 20:10 - May 10 with 4116 viewsRodingdale

Update due today latest on 19:07 - May 10 by judd

How?

He sold, with others, to individuals known to the board, who had viable and vested interests in promoting Smarter Scout analytics system, a system later deployed by the club for free in identifying players for BBM to waste.

How anyone could have foreseen MH acquiring them shares is beyond me.

Don't forget, the Americans were about to join our board before serious internal issues that had not been addressed changed their minds. Those issues arose well after CD left.

He's been badly treated by successive boards since he left, and this one really has no justifiable excuse given the public apology and conciliatory statement from CD.

I’m just trying to understand it from the boards point of view he’s got baggage and hasn’t put his money where his mouth is. I was excited at the thought Dunphy may be back - but now he’s withdrawn- time to move on. Also didn’t CD appoint DB - you and I both read the Hasbro stuff - why didn’t CD?. Too much baggage.
Update due today latest on 20:18 - May 10 with 4096 viewsjudd

Update due today latest on 20:10 - May 10 by Rodingdale

I’m just trying to understand it from the boards point of view he’s got baggage and hasn’t put his money where his mouth is. I was excited at the thought Dunphy may be back - but now he’s withdrawn- time to move on. Also didn’t CD appoint DB - you and I both read the Hasbro stuff - why didn’t CD?. Too much baggage.

None of the current board served with him.

Why would you not talk to him?

Update due today latest on 20:22 - May 10 with 4084 viewspioneer

Update due today latest on 20:10 - May 10 by Rodingdale

The board appointed DB and as CD has said repeatedly he resigned because he didnt agree with the direction the board was taking.

Also, to be fair, neither CD or anyone else at the club would be the first to have been conned by DB. He made a career out of it.
Update due today latest on 20:34 - May 10 with 4022 viewsD_Alien

This isn't the only scenario concerned, but how it's playing out seems to indicate - whether or not it's true - a conflict between the interests of the current BoD and best interests of RAFC going forward

That's not a good look, by any standards

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Update due today latest on 21:13 - May 10 with 3884 viewsNewbury_Dale

The news is, there's no news.

Bored of the 'multiple NDAs ' claptrap now.
Update due today latest on 21:23 - May 10 with 3850 viewsjudd

Update due today latest on 21:13 - May 10 by Newbury_Dale

The news is, there's no news.

Bored of the 'multiple NDAs ' claptrap now.

Meet the new boss.

Same as the old boss.

Update due today latest on 21:37 - May 10 with 3795 viewsDorkingDale

Update due today latest on 20:18 - May 10 by judd

None of the current board served with him.

Why would you not talk to him?

Didn't Pockney? Or did he arrive afterwards?
Update due today latest on 21:43 - May 10 with 3750 viewsjudd

Update due today latest on 21:37 - May 10 by DorkingDale

Didn't Pockney? Or did he arrive afterwards?

He joined the month after Chris left.

Update due today latest on 22:01 - May 10 with 3683 viewsClivert

Any news on the retained/released list?
Update due today latest on 22:06 - May 10 with 3669 viewsjudd

Update due today latest on 22:01 - May 10 by Clivert

Any news on the retained/released list?

Probably with management consultants for them.to pad out verbiage

Update due today latest on 07:31 - May 11 with 3265 viewsNigelWatson

Update due today latest on 18:14 - May 10 by 49thseason

No, I think its because Dunphy said he wanted to run the whole show and the Directors are not prepared to let that happen because they have invested a considerable amount of money themselves and ideally want it back before they would let someone else take over.

Will the Directors want more money than they paid?
What's their primary motivation??
Is Simon Gauge paying himself a salary from RAFC?
If so, how much is he receiving?
[Post edited 11 May 2023 7:34]
Update due today latest on 09:03 - May 11 with 3140 viewsdingdangblue

Update due today latest on 18:14 - May 10 by 49thseason

Sounds more like a loan than an investment.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024