Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Christmas Carnage? 13:11 - Dec 18 with 30702 viewsSadoldgit

Infection rates are generally rising fast despite the tier systems so you can imagine the spike after the free for all Christmas period. Johnson obviously doesn’t want to be seen as a Grinch but by not closing down Christmas there will be a lot fewer people enjoying it with their loved ones next year.
We are battening down the hatches this Christmas. I just hope that people are sensible and do the same. Sadly though I think people will just go for it and be damned.
Christmas Carnage? on 17:54 - Jan 9 with 2043 viewsSaintsforeverj

Christmas Carnage? on 16:56 - Jan 9 by Sadoldgit

Over 80,000 dead now. Only the US, Brazil, India and Mexico have higher mortality rates.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.com/news/amp/uk-england-london-55601600

Meanwhile, here we go again. No wonder it's spreading.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Christmas Carnage? on 18:07 - Jan 9 with 2027 views1885_SFC

Christmas Carnage? on 17:54 - Jan 9 by Saintsforeverj

They should fine them a hefty amount... let's say £5,000

Old School is Cool

Christmas Carnage? on 18:10 - Jan 9 with 2025 viewsSaintsforeverj

Christmas Carnage? on 18:07 - Jan 9 by 1885_SFC

They should fine them a hefty amount... let's say £5,000

£50 000 would be more appropriate, with water cannon. They need to stop pussy footing around and save lives.
[Post edited 9 Jan 2021 18:10]

Christmas Carnage? on 18:37 - Jan 9 with 2006 views1885_SFC

Christmas Carnage? on 18:10 - Jan 9 by Saintsforeverj

£50 000 would be more appropriate, with water cannon. They need to stop pussy footing around and save lives.
[Post edited 9 Jan 2021 18:10]

Fifty grand... and forced to spend a month as a dogsbody on a covid ward.

Old School is Cool

Christmas Carnage? on 18:54 - Jan 9 with 1989 viewsSaintsforeverj

Christmas Carnage? on 18:37 - Jan 9 by 1885_SFC

Fifty grand... and forced to spend a month as a dogsbody on a covid ward.

Absolutely. Stick them in a hospital to educate them.

Christmas Carnage? on 19:28 - Jan 9 with 1966 viewsSaintsforeverj

More people totally ignoring the advice. A group from Leicester travel to Snowdonia. More idiots spreading the virus and causing deaths.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-55604382

And people from Liverpool!!
[Post edited 9 Jan 2021 19:30]

Christmas Carnage? on 19:54 - Jan 9 with 1943 viewsJaySaint

Christmas Carnage? on 17:54 - Jan 9 by Saintsforeverj

As some may gather from my posts, I am no believer of lockdown but I do follow the rules. Seeing people everywhere not bothering is getting tiresome.

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Christmas Carnage? on 20:29 - Jan 9 with 1921 viewsSadoldgit

Christmas Carnage? on 19:54 - Jan 9 by JaySaint

As some may gather from my posts, I am no believer of lockdown but I do follow the rules. Seeing people everywhere not bothering is getting tiresome.

We have just heard that a neighbour/friend lost her brother to Covid today. Middle aged and had been shielding for some time. Be careful people!!!
Login to get fewer ads

Christmas Carnage? on 09:56 - Jan 10 with 1841 viewsBerber

Christmas Carnage? on 19:54 - Jan 9 by JaySaint

It is easy enough to catch the virus, even when you think you are doing everything. My neighbour over the road stayed at home, only leaving the house to get groceries, used a mask and antibac, bingo. Similar to the lad next door, a mechanic, got it from a customer. My son, interviewed a candidate for a job before Christmas. Both had been strictly observing Tier 4 rules, and used antibac and social distancing for the short interview. Not masks though, as a small company, they need to be sure of every appointment, and see who you are dealing with. The candidates partner caught it and passed it on. Yet my son's wife tested negative, because they distanced in the house once he was alerted afterwards by the candidate. Sticking to the rules strictly does work.

So if just very small chinks in the armour can be so dangerous, there is no excuse for the reckless behaviour of some (though they don't see it that way).
Christmas Carnage? on 10:39 - Jan 10 with 1822 viewsDorsetIan

Christmas Carnage? on 16:32 - Jan 9 by 1885_SFC

Christ you don't half talk some shíte mate.

Here's a fact for you Ian. I've highlighted the word 'fact' especially for you - because it's not 'A friend of a friend' or a 'Did you hear about so-and-so...' scenario. It's FACT.

The Mrs works at one of the large 4 supermarkets. Luckily she works in the admin offices & not on the shop floor. She was taking a ciggie n coffee break a few days before Xmas in a designated shelter. A guy there, mid-30's, was giving it the Charlie Bigbollix about how he wasn't going to let Boris ruin his Christmas & he was going to change nothing this year because Christmas meant a lot to him & his family.

He's just posted on Facebook (on Thursday) that both him & his mother-in-law have just tested positive for Covid19. There were other family members there - almost certainly young kids. Sure, the kids will probably be okay - as will he being mid 30's - but that isn't the point is it?

Enough direct knowledge for you?

That’s fine 1885, as I said to Jay, if you have direct knowledge of a ‚PARTICULAR PERSON‘ crack on and blame them for their predicament.

But you originally said ‚many‘ and I can’t remember what Jay said but it was a similar generalisation.

Only local death in next village here, an old woman caught it from her carer. 92 year old relative of mine was hospitalised (but survived) after catching it from a carer. Same carer gave it to someone over 100.

It’s the generalisation which I object to. Unless you show me stats showing that a significant number of victims have themselves to blame, I just think even saying ‚many‘ is too much victim shaming.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Christmas Carnage? on 06:27 - Jan 11 with 1724 viewsJaySaint

Bringing this back to football and the rising positive cases in the game. How come no one ever comments on the perfect hair footballers constantly seem to have?

Have they all wedded/with hairdressers? How is this possible?

Christmas Carnage? on 12:30 - Jan 11 with 1652 viewsSadoldgit

Christmas Carnage? on 06:27 - Jan 11 by JaySaint

Bringing this back to football and the rising positive cases in the game. How come no one ever comments on the perfect hair footballers constantly seem to have?

Have they all wedded/with hairdressers? How is this possible?

They have physios at the clubs, why not hairdressers?
Christmas Carnage? on 17:50 - Jan 11 with 1593 viewsBerber

Christmas Carnage? on 12:30 - Jan 11 by Sadoldgit

My experience of physio these days is being plonked under a ray machine for a few minutes, and given a leaflet of exercises to do. It's only at spas and (and presumably dodgy parlours) that hands on stuff happens.
Christmas Carnage? on 23:04 - Jan 11 with 1545 viewsBison

The old man tested positive for anti-bodies back in a June , he had another anti-body test this week and tested negative for them so he lost them in 6 months. You can see that this jab will have to be done every year like the flu. But will , unlike the flu , they have to vaccinate the whole population annually ?

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

Christmas Carnage? on 23:07 - Jan 11 with 1543 viewsBicester_North

Christmas Carnage? on 23:04 - Jan 11 by Bison

The old man tested positive for anti-bodies back in a June , he had another anti-body test this week and tested negative for them so he lost them in 6 months. You can see that this jab will have to be done every year like the flu. But will , unlike the flu , they have to vaccinate the whole population annually ?

You’d think it would just be the vulnerable and older ones who need it every year? Unless it mutates and starts wiping out younger people

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Christmas Carnage? on 06:29 - Jan 12 with 1494 viewsJaySaint

Christmas Carnage? on 12:30 - Jan 11 by Sadoldgit

and you believe that?
You believe that each club exclusively hires a hairdresser/barber?

I thought given the carnage that you are distressed about, this sort of madness would be condemned by you.

Christmas Carnage? on 10:18 - Jan 12 with 1453 viewsSadoldgit

Christmas Carnage? on 06:29 - Jan 12 by JaySaint

and you believe that?

I thought given the carnage that you are distressed about, this sort of madness would be condemned by you.

Get yourself a sense of humour Jay 😂
Christmas Carnage? on 15:56 - Jan 12 with 1407 viewskentsouthampton

https://mobile.twitter.com/WhittyShades

[Post edited 12 Jan 2021 15:57]
Christmas Carnage? on 17:41 - Jan 12 with 1365 viewsSalisburySaint

Christmas Carnage? on 15:56 - Jan 12 by kentsouthampton

https://mobile.twitter.com/WhittyShades

[Post edited 12 Jan 2021 15:57]

Brilliant
Christmas Carnage? on 07:06 - Jan 14 with 1243 viewssaint22

Christmas Carnage? on 06:29 - Jan 12 by JaySaint

and you believe that?

More than 100,000 people have died from coronavirus in the UK since the disease first appeared in the country almost a year ago, in what public health experts said is a sign of “phenomenal failure of policy and practice”.
Christmas Carnage? on 18:08 - Jan 15 with 1155 viewssaint22

The penny finally drops!!

https://apple.news/AUYMkhZVAQ9-GkFKNFncCjA

Better late than never hey BoJo?? I mean imagine if you had done this oh I dunno early December
Christmas Carnage? on 22:15 - Jan 15 with 1105 viewsSadoldgit

There was a huge amount of back slapping over the speed at which the Nightingale hospitals were provided and, to be fair, it was a rare success for the government - apart from the fact that they didn’t have the staff to operate them. So where are they now when we desperately need them? Yet another monumental waste of money and cock up in planning.
Christmas Carnage? on 22:35 - Jan 15 with 1086 viewsBazza

Christmas Carnage? on 22:15 - Jan 15 by Sadoldgit

There was a huge amount of back slapping over the speed at which the Nightingale hospitals were provided and, to be fair, it was a rare success for the government - apart from the fact that they didn’t have the staff to operate them. So where are they now when we desperately need them? Yet another monumental waste of money and cock up in planning.

They’re being used now according to your hero Hancock, either as originally planned or as a vaccination centre. Marvellous foresight especially if the new variants get a grip.
Christmas Carnage? on 23:15 - Jan 15 with 1066 views1885_SFC

Christmas Carnage? on 22:15 - Jan 15 by Sadoldgit

Old School is Cool

Christmas Carnage? on 01:29 - Jan 16 with 1038 viewsDorsetIan

Very interesting. Who would have thought it...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/55669736

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024