Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Christmas Carnage? 13:11 - Dec 18 with 30718 viewsSadoldgit

Infection rates are generally rising fast despite the tier systems so you can imagine the spike after the free for all Christmas period. Johnson obviously doesn’t want to be seen as a Grinch but by not closing down Christmas there will be a lot fewer people enjoying it with their loved ones next year.
We are battening down the hatches this Christmas. I just hope that people are sensible and do the same. Sadly though I think people will just go for it and be damned.
Christmas Carnage? on 18:26 - Jan 3 with 1213 views1885_SFC

Christmas Carnage? on 18:06 - Jan 3 by Sadoldgit

The government are the ones who say they “follow the science”. It is their standard get out clause. I blame the government for constantly being behind the curve, for dithering and being, constantly, indecisive. Johnson was doing it again today. Hinting at another lockdown in a few weeks when it is clearly needed now. Locking down is the only way to prevent the spread of the virus until we get enough people vaccinated. The current figure are not looking great.

No, the current figures aren't looking great - but you have to ask yourself why they are so high?

And why do you think that is SOG?

I'll tell you why; too many selfish, ignorant f@ckwits who don't want to wear a mask or follow the rules - that's why. All those morons who mixed at Xmas are the reason for the latest spike... the same as the next wave in a week or two from the New Years Eve f@ckwits who weren't going to follow the rules no matter what.

You can blame Boris & the government to a certain extent - but no matter how many lockdowns we have or how many new, stricter tiers there might be - you're never going to stop a large proportion of thick, ignorant idiots doing what they want & when they want - especially as it's even more infectious now.

Don't blame Boris or his medical advisors. It's the sizeable scummy section of the population that need further educating that you should be pointing a finger at.

Old School is Cool

Christmas Carnage? on 18:30 - Jan 3 with 1210 viewsButty101

Christmas Carnage? on 16:31 - Jan 3 by Bazza

Soggy you must be the only person in the Uk that knows what right on every issue. According to you that is, in every case, the opposite of what the government is doing.
So we can cut back on the huge number of medical experts and armies of civil servants and their consultants, simple. Shame Grandpa and his main squeeze Diane Abbott are not in charge eh.

It’s amazing how a rambling old boy on the internet,knows more about pandemics than the politicians and scientists that have the evidence to hand.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Christmas Carnage? on 18:36 - Jan 3 with 1205 views1885_SFC

I've just clicked onto the BBC News website - and the very first thing I see is: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-55503852

As I said above; you just can't tell some f@ckwits...

Old School is Cool

Christmas Carnage? on 18:40 - Jan 3 with 1191 viewsBicester_North

Christmas Carnage? on 18:36 - Jan 3 by 1885_SFC

I've just clicked onto the BBC News website - and the very first thing I see is: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-55503852

As I said above; you just can't tell some f@ckwits...

Premier league players have been doing a good job of spreading it around, I see Mendy is the latest to try and do an all nighter with a load of birds from out of town.

And these are only the ones that get caught.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Christmas Carnage? on 18:48 - Jan 3 with 1180 viewsSaintsforeverj

Christmas Carnage? on 18:40 - Jan 3 by Bicester_North

Premier league players have been doing a good job of spreading it around, I see Mendy is the latest to try and do an all nighter with a load of birds from out of town.

If anything the government should get the Army on the streets, to forcefully apply the rules of lockdown: it's too soft. It's true that it's selfish idiots (including well paid footballers who should know better), mainly the young spreading the virus.
[Post edited 3 Jan 2021 18:49]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Christmas Carnage? on 18:55 - Jan 3 with 1174 views1885_SFC

Christmas Carnage? on 18:40 - Jan 3 by Bicester_North

Indeed. A tiny amount get caught... minuscule. The police don't have the manpower to check everything everywhere - that's providing they can be arsed in the first place.

I bet every single one of us on here has seen more than their fair share of people not wearing masks when you're out food shopping. I have seen so many it beggars belief. You're not telling me they're all excluded for health reasons. Utter bullsh1t.

Old School is Cool

Christmas Carnage? on 22:06 - Jan 3 with 1117 viewsBison

The government are the ones who say they “follow the science”. It is their standard get out clause. I blame the government for constantly being behind the curve, for dithering and being, constantly, indecisive. Johnson was doing it again today. Hinting at another lockdown in a few weeks when it is clearly needed now. Locking down is the only way to prevent the spread of the virus until we get enough people vaccinated. The current figure are not looking great.

You are doing it again , saying the government has got it wrong when you can CLEARLY see it needs doing now. So that argument is ......

The govt , sage , civil servants , cobra , scientist V You.

edit : sorry and Saint22 and Kent.
[Post edited 3 Jan 2021 22:07]

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

Christmas Carnage? on 22:12 - Jan 3 with 1110 viewsSadoldgit

Christmas Carnage? on 22:06 - Jan 3 by Bison

You are doing it again , saying the government has got it wrong when you can CLEARLY see it needs doing now. So that argument is ......

The govt , sage , civil servants , cobra , scientist V You.

edit : sorry and Saint22 and Kent.
[Post edited 3 Jan 2021 22:07]

The leader of the opposition, many “ordinary” people, many scientists, many local councils, many head teachers etc. Not just me. Another lockdown looks inevitable, so why not do it now and help save more lives?
[Post edited 3 Jan 2021 22:13]
Login to get fewer ads

Christmas Carnage? on 22:26 - Jan 3 with 1094 viewsBison

Christmas Carnage? on 22:12 - Jan 3 by Sadoldgit

The leader of the opposition, many “ordinary” people, many scientists, many local councils, many head teachers etc. Not just me. Another lockdown looks inevitable, so why not do it now and help save more lives?

My wife is in the office of a school so when they 'shut' she works as the school is still open for the essential workers , but I do agree mate. I would say shut the schools , she however says keep them open.

I get your frustration but they way you express it is so blinkered it makes you look bitter and twisted. As Monty Pyphon said ......

What did a .......... govt ever do for you ?

......... = name your preferred govt.

My dad bought a house under Maggie , but he still reads The Mirror !

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

Christmas Carnage? on 22:38 - Jan 3 with 1088 viewsBazza

Christmas Carnage? on 22:12 - Jan 3 by Sadoldgit

You’re right it’s not just you. It’s thousands of anti government individuals who always think they know better on everything, especially COVID deniers, momentum loonies, liberal losers, BBC woke, Guardian desperados, deluded SNP and ‘gobby’ old hasbeens like Major, Blair and Heseltine
So much for the country pulling together in these mega difficult times.
Christmas Carnage? on 22:57 - Jan 3 with 1078 viewsBicester_North

Christmas Carnage? on 22:38 - Jan 3 by Bazza

You’re right it’s not just you. It’s thousands of anti government individuals who always think they know better on everything, especially COVID deniers, momentum loonies, liberal losers, BBC woke, Guardian desperados, deluded SNP and ‘gobby’ old hasbeens like Major, Blair and Heseltine

One price to pay for living in a free country with fairly uncensored media is that the government will always get bashed even in a time of national crisis. Especially now social media is so big.

That’s why democratic western countries seem to be bearing the brunt of covid, the pressure is on them a lot more than other countries whose states control the media and information more.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Christmas Carnage? on 00:23 - Jan 4 with 1063 viewsDorsetIan

At a time of crisis can’t we expect our government to exceed expectations?

I’d give them a ‚C’ or a bare pass at best. 6/10 max. It’s pretty underwhelming.

At least Hancock (eventually) has agreed to let the army help with the vaccine delivery. I‘ve still got high hopes for that.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Christmas Carnage? on 09:06 - Jan 4 with 992 viewsdwayne_dibley

Christmas Carnage? on 00:23 - Jan 4 by DorsetIan

At a time of crisis can’t we expect our government to exceed expectations?

I’d give them a ‚C’ or a bare pass at best. 6/10 max. It’s pretty underwhelming.

At least Hancock (eventually) has agreed to let the army help with the vaccine delivery. I‘ve still got high hopes for that.

see all those tanks will come in useful, can take out a care home in two shots, maybe they will stream it live

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

Christmas Carnage? on 10:15 - Jan 4 with 964 viewsSadoldgit

Christmas Carnage? on 22:38 - Jan 3 by Bazza

You don’t see the difference in pulling together and calling out poor decisions that cost lives? I’m sure that you have heard of the expression “blind loyalty”. Where does that get us? Further up sh it creek. If you truly think that these people are doing the best that they can, perhaps you should aim higher? This has been around for over a year now and they are still making poor decisions on a daily basis. This would not be acceptable to you under Labour or the LibDems, so why excuse it under the Tories? There is no need to this mass confusion with the schools. Plans could and should have been made well in advance in conjunction with local councils and Head teachers, yet here were are again in a position of total confusion. How long before they finally get their act together? Another national lockdown looks inevitable. Numerous commentators were saying this before Christmas. Johnson himself hinted at it the other day. So why wait? More dithering. More unnecessary deaths. Still, they are doing the best they can. 🥺

Ever since we have had a government they have had to face scrutiny and critisism from the media and the electorate. Why should Johnson’s administration be any different?
[Post edited 4 Jan 2021 12:04]
Christmas Carnage? on 10:26 - Jan 4 with 960 viewsdwayne_dibley

Christmas Carnage? on 10:15 - Jan 4 by Sadoldgit

You don’t see the difference in pulling together and calling out poor decisions that cost lives? I’m sure that you have heard of the expression “blind loyalty”. Where does that get us? Further up sh it creek. If you truly think that these people are doing the best that they can, perhaps you should aim higher? This has been around for over a year now and they are still making poor decisions on a daily basis. This would not be acceptable to you under Labour or the LibDems, so why excuse it under the Tories? There is no need to this mass confusion with the schools. Plans could and should have been made well in advance in conjunction with local councils and Head teachers, yet here were are again in a position of total confusion. How long before they finally get their act together? Another national lockdown looks inevitable. Numerous commentators were saying this before Christmas. Johnson himself hinted at it the other day. So why wait? More dithering. More unnecessary deaths. Still, they are doing the best they can. 🥺

Ever since we have had a government they have had to face scrutiny and critisism from the media and the electorate. Why should Johnson’s administration be any different?

it will continue to reduce the Social Care expenditure and eventually queues at A&E

Christmas Carnage? on 11:54 - Jan 4 with 938 viewsJaySaint

Plans for schools are available. - teachers, go to work. pretty simple and effective

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Christmas Carnage? on 12:03 - Jan 4 with 933 viewsJaySaint

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Christmas Carnage? on 12:06 - Jan 4 with 926 viewsSadoldgit

Christmas Carnage? on 11:54 - Jan 4 by JaySaint

Plans for schools are available. - teachers, go to work. pretty simple and effective

Really? Then why are some schools shut?
Christmas Carnage? on 12:12 - Jan 4 with 923 viewsSadoldgit

Christmas Carnage? on 12:03 - Jan 4 by JaySaint

What you constantly seem to ignore is that this isn’t just about the death rate, for every death there are countless people left with life changing conditions for the rest of their lives. Many people who contracted the virus are still being treated in hospital. The projected figures for those suffering badly with the virus but not killed by it are frightening. Until the vaccination programme is completed, which is going to take months, the only way to try and stop the continued rapid spread of the virus is to try and ensure people don’t get it in the first place. If people stay indoors it can’t be transferred in the same numbers. The herd immunity theory has long been discredited. If you are so insistent that lockdowns don’t work you would be better off telling Johnson rather than spouting your MLT nonsense on a football forum Jay.
Christmas Carnage? on 12:15 - Jan 4 with 912 viewsButty101

Christmas Carnage? on 12:12 - Jan 4 by Sadoldgit

What you constantly seem to ignore is that this isn’t just about the death rate, for every death there are countless people left with life changing conditions for the rest of their lives. Many people who contracted the virus are still being treated in hospital. The projected figures for those suffering badly with the virus but not killed by it are frightening. Until the vaccination programme is completed, which is going to take months, the only way to try and stop the continued rapid spread of the virus is to try and ensure people don’t get it in the first place. If people stay indoors it can’t be transferred in the same numbers. The herd immunity theory has long been discredited. If you are so insistent that lockdowns don’t work you would be better off telling Johnson rather than spouting your MLT nonsense on a football forum Jay.

You continue to spout nonsense old boy. How about retracting the rubbish you posted yesterday about the vaccine's being mixed?

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Christmas Carnage? on 14:58 - Jan 4 with 869 viewskentsouthampton

Against this backdrop of idiocy you have a lazy, philandering oaf constantly making war references as if we're living through the blitz, while getting his crack team of behavioural psychologists to gaslight everyone at every opportunity.
And to think some part of Johnson's brain, squirrelled away amongst the big chunks devoted to his penis's priorities, actually believes he's some sort of Churchill figure!

WAC.
Christmas Carnage? on 15:10 - Jan 4 with 857 viewsDorsetIan

Christmas Carnage? on 14:58 - Jan 4 by kentsouthampton

Against this backdrop of idiocy you have a lazy, philandering oaf constantly making war references as if we're living through the blitz, while getting his crack team of behavioural psychologists to gaslight everyone at every opportunity.
And to think some part of Johnson's brain, squirrelled away amongst the big chunks devoted to his penis's priorities, actually believes he's some sort of Churchill figure!

WAC.

I have Priti's comment that they have been 'consistently ahead of the curve' ringing in my ears.

They are going to announce another lockdown tonight. They don't impose any restrictions until they are absolutely forced to, which is always about 2-3 weeks behind the curve.

It's either pathologically stupid optimism or such a dithering mentality that no important decision can be made until there are no other options left.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Christmas Carnage? on 15:26 - Jan 4 with 837 viewsdwayne_dibley

Christmas Carnage? on 15:10 - Jan 4 by DorsetIan

I have Priti's comment that they have been 'consistently ahead of the curve' ringing in my ears.

They are going to announce another lockdown tonight. They don't impose any restrictions until they are absolutely forced to, which is always about 2-3 weeks behind the curve.

It's either pathologically stupid optimism or such a dithering mentality that no important decision can be made until there are no other options left.

but in the long run it could sort out the Social Care dilema

Christmas Carnage? on 16:00 - Jan 4 with 821 viewskentsouthampton

Here we have the cretinous oaf claiming schools are safe while explaining why they are not, WAC.

Christmas Carnage? on 16:00 - Jan 4 with 820 viewsBerber

They take advice from SAGE, then make a decision based on science in the context of the rest of the world we are living in. A week or so ago, one of the TV stations had a range of "experts" on to ask them if it was simply people not sticking to the rules causing the rise. Most blamed the government decision making, government policy, and the only epidemiologist said it was mainly people breaking the rules, "Just a little bit. But if we all break them by 1 or 2%, then across the whole population, that adds up to a lot of dangerous behaviour."

Whilst I am more inclined to go with that, there is also a major flaw in the T&T regime for testing. I know of 2 people who had contact with positive cases, and correctly self isolated. Both had minor symptoms, not stated as one of the 3 that get you a test. Both tried very hard to get tests but were turned down by T&T.

Both signed up to the ZOE app, and flagged feeling unwell. Both got emails next day asking if they would like a test. Both said yes, and got references to T&T drive in, where they were tested, and next day, both were positive, and went into self isolation again, this time their spouses had to also. Both could have given up, shrugged their shoulders, seen out the day or two of outstanding self isolation and gone back to normal life, and been spreading the virus to their work contacts and families.

AS T&T themselves say that 20% of all cases are asymptomatic, they mean that they do not have one of the 3 symptoms. The ZOE study has about 10,000 T&T tests allocated to it. They are tracking around 30 odd additional symptoms some of which were relatively common from the outset, eg prickly throat or nose, very tired, and some others like getting the squits.

In this regards, Hancock has been remiss in allowing the T&T organisation run with inadequate criteria, simply to keep testing demand down to levels that they could realistically say they were meeting. They could pretty much eliminate a large part of the 20% asymptomatic cases early and significantly reduce transmission in the community.

There has been no discussion or justification of this, and NO questions or campaign by the media to expedite a not very difficult issue to identify and analyse given that ZOE/Imperial College are doing the hard bit. I don't expect the government to be at the leading edge of these things, but when they clearly lag behind, I expect the overpaid media to do the right thing as they are doing ferk all otherwise.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024