Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ralph preparing the fans for Ings' departure? 00:00 - Jan 16 with 4342 viewsSaintsforeverj

https://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/19016221.hasenhuttl-says-impact-covid-affects-
[Post edited 16 Jan 2021 0:01]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Ralph preparing the fans for Ings' departure? on 16:37 - Jan 19 with 1049 viewsSadoldgit

Yesterday Sky were saying Ralph was hopefully of getting a deal done. Today the Mail says that we might have to sell him in the summer because we can’t afford his wages. Which is it?
Ralph preparing the fans for Ings' departure? on 17:00 - Jan 19 with 1016 viewsSaintsforeverj

Hopeful being the key word. They will try to get him to sign for the money the club "can afford". They hope Ings will sign for less I guess. They are explaining in advance in case Ings leaves in order to prepare the fans. They can say he wanted too much money. He hasn't signed yet and has been in discussions since the summer. We know Saints won't break their wage structure, SO I would guess he is off.

Ralph preparing the fans for Ings' departure? on 17:01 - Jan 19 with 1016 viewsPoirot

I reckon its 90% down to wages and supposedly the deal has been on the table for months. I think the club are getting peed off with the static situation. His value is reducing and then add on the COVID financial problems facing the majority of teams. I suspect weve gone into the six figure weekly mark. But he’s looking at something over £150K a week. Come the summer we could well lose a good £10M on any deal. I imagine there are some clauses being asked for as well.
[Post edited 19 Jan 2021 17:21]
Ralph preparing the fans for Ings' departure? on 17:07 - Jan 19 with 1007 viewssaint22

Ralph preparing the fans for Ings' departure? on 17:01 - Jan 19 by Poirot

I reckon its 90% down to wages and supposedly the deal has been on the table for months. I think the club are getting peed off with the static situation. His value is reducing and then add on the COVID financial problems facing the majority of teams. I suspect weve gone into the six figure weekly mark. But he’s looking at something over £150K a week. Come the summer we could well lose a good £10M on any deal. I imagine there are some clauses being asked for as well.
[Post edited 19 Jan 2021 17:21]

This is why we will always be little old southampton, top 8 at best
If you want to win things you have to pay the money
Just look at the players who have left us for that sole reason
I know people hate teams whose owners pay up but its the only way unfortunately
Tonight we scrape a side together due to lack of investment in the hope we beat Shrewsbury before we play Arsenal who just gave Auba what he wanted, blew 70m on Pepe and offloaded a player on 300k a week on loan
Thats the rub
Ralph preparing the fans for Ings' departure? on 19:04 - Jan 19 with 935 viewsSaintsforeverj

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.101greatgoals.com/news/transfers/tottenham-coul

Ings to Spurs say the rumours.

Ralph preparing the fans for Ings' departure? on 19:15 - Jan 19 with 912 viewsPoirot

Ralph preparing the fans for Ings' departure? on 19:04 - Jan 19 by Saintsforeverj

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.101greatgoals.com/news/transfers/tottenham-coul

Ings to Spurs say the rumours.

No way can we sell on the cheap to Spurs again.
Ralph preparing the fans for Ings' departure? on 19:25 - Jan 19 with 898 viewsIngskneeslide

If we haven’t got the money then that’s the end of it. Won’t stop the lunatic fringe of our fanbase begging the club to put us into financial peril under the guise of ‘ambition’ though (I always wonder if these same people would apply the same rules for their own business...)

If Ings is more interested in money than being a local hero then thanks for the memories but see you later. No one is bigger than the club
Ralph preparing the fans for Ings' departure? on 19:30 - Jan 19 with 894 viewsSaintsforeverj

Ralph preparing the fans for Ings' departure? on 19:25 - Jan 19 by Ingskneeslide

If we haven’t got the money then that’s the end of it. Won’t stop the lunatic fringe of our fanbase begging the club to put us into financial peril under the guise of ‘ambition’ though (I always wonder if these same people would apply the same rules for their own business...)

If Ings is more interested in money than being a local hero then thanks for the memories but see you later. No one is bigger than the club

Yep, that's it. Would be more disappointed in Ings than anything else. If the likely 100 000 pounds a week, isn't enough for him at his boyhood club, considering he has already earnt millions at Liverpool and we saved him from his injury plagued stalling career, then yeah good bye.
[Post edited 19 Jan 2021 20:03]

Login to get fewer ads

Ralph preparing the fans for Ings' departure? on 19:37 - Jan 19 with 888 viewsSaintNick

Ralph preparing the fans for Ings' departure? on 19:30 - Jan 19 by Saintsforeverj

Yep, that's it. Would be more disappointed in Ings than anything else. If the likely 100 000 pounds a week, isn't enough for him at his boyhood club, considering he has already earnt millions at Liverpool and we saved him from his injury plagued stalling career, then yeah good bye.

But who is going to be able to pay big money and also put another £6-7 million on their wage bill, even the likes of Spurs are having to cut their cloth at the moment.

Would Ings be happy to be the 3rd striker there behind Son & Kane, cant see many other Big Six clubs with either the money or need for him

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Ralph preparing the fans for Ings' departure? on 19:42 - Jan 19 with 884 views1885_SFC

Ralph preparing the fans for Ings' departure? on 19:30 - Jan 19 by Saintsforeverj

It does beg the question... do players & their agents actually know about the virus and the state of football/no fans/club finances in these present times?

Old School is Cool

Ralph preparing the fans for Ings' departure? on 19:46 - Jan 19 with 879 viewsSaintsforeverj

Ralph preparing the fans for Ings' departure? on 19:37 - Jan 19 by SaintNick

But who is going to be able to pay big money and also put another £6-7 million on their wage bill, even the likes of Spurs are having to cut their cloth at the moment.

Would Ings be happy to be the 3rd striker there behind Son & Kane, cant see many other Big Six clubs with either the money or need for him

Kane is the only top target man type striker they have. Son is more in midfield. If Kane gets injured, Spurs wouldn't be as good. I can see why they would want Ings to go for the title. It could be just agent talk, but Ings not signing a a contract after negotiating for so long and Ralph saying contract talks will be affected by the pandemic, are big clues he is off. I reckon Spurs will try to get him cheap and play dirty. 25 million now or nothing in a year's time, like the Hojbjerg situation. I can see it happening but let's see.
[Post edited 19 Jan 2021 19:58]

Ralph preparing the fans for Ings' departure? on 20:08 - Jan 19 with 865 viewsSaintsforeverj

Ralph preparing the fans for Ings' departure? on 19:42 - Jan 19 by 1885_SFC

It does beg the question... do players & their agents actually know about the virus and the state of football/no fans/club finances in these present times?

Ward Prowse for example is an example of a thoroughly decent professional. He has signed his contract, even though he is relatively young and he could earn more somewhere else. He is playing tonight, never gets too tired and always gives his all. Then you get some players, who are already millionnaires, stalling on a contract for 100 000 pounds a week during a pandemic.
[Post edited 19 Jan 2021 20:08]

Ralph preparing the fans for Ings' departure? on 21:55 - Jan 19 with 827 viewsButty101

Ralph preparing the fans for Ings' departure? on 20:08 - Jan 19 by Saintsforeverj

Ward Prowse for example is an example of a thoroughly decent professional. He has signed his contract, even though he is relatively young and he could earn more somewhere else. He is playing tonight, never gets too tired and always gives his all. Then you get some players, who are already millionnaires, stalling on a contract for 100 000 pounds a week during a pandemic.
[Post edited 19 Jan 2021 20:08]

Telegraph reporting that Danny Ings wants to play champions league next season...

https://mobile.twitter.com/SamWallaceTel/status/1351641700809265154
[Post edited 19 Jan 2021 22:01]

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Ralph preparing the fans for Ings' departure? on 22:02 - Jan 19 with 809 viewsSaintsforeverj

Ralph preparing the fans for Ings' departure? on 21:55 - Jan 19 by Butty101

Telegraph reporting that Danny Ings wants to play champions league next season...

Apparently, Liverpool are the bookies favourites now. But clearly the media are just guessing now and stirring it up.

Ralph preparing the fans for Ings' departure? on 22:10 - Jan 19 with 790 viewsButty101

Ralph preparing the fans for Ings' departure? on 22:02 - Jan 19 by Saintsforeverj

Apparently, Liverpool are the bookies favourites now. But clearly the media are just guessing now and stirring it up.

I hope it’s his agent stirring to squeeze abit more out of the club. However how many times have we been here....
if we are only going to get 20mill for him n the summer we might as well hold onto to him. With his age, COVID, his injury record and last 12 months of a contract it’s not going to be big bucks.

Ralph preparing the fans for Ings' departure? on 22:11 - Jan 19 with 790 viewsSaintsforeverj

Read all the twitter feeds (or actually don't), fans of the usual top 4, all saying come to us and salivating over him signing, because of the news he wants to play in the champions league. Great isn't it, Ings played for a team in the champions league, we rescued his career, got him going again and now he wants to dump us. That's if it's true of course, the media will whip it all up.
[Post edited 19 Jan 2021 22:44]

Ralph preparing the fans for Ings' departure? on 22:15 - Jan 19 with 780 views1885_SFC

Ralph preparing the fans for Ings' departure? on 21:55 - Jan 19 by Butty101

Best he stays exactly where he is right now then.

COYS.

Old School is Cool

Ralph preparing the fans for Ings' departure? on 07:05 - Jan 20 with 679 viewssaint22

Ralph preparing the fans for Ings' departure? on 07:54 - Jan 16 by kernow

£76 million pre tax loss?
Inevitable I would think.

Reading between the lines this seems an inevitable sale. Shame as I really thought after his Liverpool failure and being a local lad he would settle at his hometown club but money talks I guess
So where does he go and for how much? Won’t go back to the scouse, United maybe, not Chelsea, Leicester.........Arsenal possibly?
Most likely Spurs and 80m?
Ralph preparing the fans for Ings' departure? on 07:45 - Jan 20 with 662 viewsHeisenberg

Ralph preparing the fans for Ings' departure? on 07:05 - Jan 20 by saint22

Reading between the lines this seems an inevitable sale. Shame as I really thought after his Liverpool failure and being a local lad he would settle at his hometown club but money talks I guess
So where does he go and for how much? Won’t go back to the scouse, United maybe, not Chelsea, Leicester.........Arsenal possibly?
Most likely Spurs and 80m?

80m for a player in the last year of his contract !!! For a high flying achiever you haven't quite grasped how these things worked have you. It's not Championship Manager you fool.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

Ralph preparing the fans for Ings' departure? on 08:32 - Jan 20 with 628 viewssolent_toffee

Ralph preparing the fans for Ings' departure? on 07:45 - Jan 20 by Heisenberg

80m for a player in the last year of his contract !!! For a high flying achiever you haven't quite grasped how these things worked have you. It's not Championship Manager you fool.

There was a discussion on Ings last night on Five Live with Glenn Murray (who comes across quite well to be fair).

They went through the challenging sides and where Ings could end up. They went through every in in the top ten before think they kind of talked themselves into agreeing that he’s at a challenging club and he’s better off at Saints.
Ralph preparing the fans for Ings' departure? on 09:01 - Jan 20 with 606 viewsButty101

Ralph preparing the fans for Ings' departure? on 08:32 - Jan 20 by solent_toffee

There was a discussion on Ings last night on Five Live with Glenn Murray (who comes across quite well to be fair).

They went through the challenging sides and where Ings could end up. They went through every in in the top ten before think they kind of talked themselves into agreeing that he’s at a challenging club and he’s better off at Saints.

I thought Glen Murray was a decent pundit.

Ralph preparing the fans for Ings' departure? on 09:37 - Jan 20 with 591 viewssaint22

Ralph preparing the fans for Ings' departure? on 08:32 - Jan 20 by solent_toffee

That would make a lot of sense, he already failed at a bigger club, injured or not and he clearly has injury issues
We should pay him a bit more, meet in the middle and then we are all happy
Ralph preparing the fans for Ings' departure? on 13:15 - Jan 20 with 538 viewsBicester_North

Ralph preparing the fans for Ings' departure? on 09:37 - Jan 20 by saint22

That would make a lot of sense, he already failed at a bigger club, injured or not and he clearly has injury issues
We should pay him a bit more, meet in the middle and then we are all happy

I don’t know why nobody has thought of that before! Such an insightful, different yet simple solution to a difficult problem. Well done Ben!

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Ralph preparing the fans for Ings' departure? on 13:28 - Jan 20 with 525 views1885_SFC

£18M for Ings

https://www.footballfancast.com/tottenham-hotspur-news/danny-ings-carlos-viniciu

Old School is Cool

Ralph preparing the fans for Ings' departure? on 13:35 - Jan 20 with 517 viewssolent_toffee

Ralph preparing the fans for Ings' departure? on 13:28 - Jan 20 by 1885_SFC

£18M for Ings

https://www.footballfancast.com/tottenham-hotspur-news/danny-ings-carlos-viniciu

Why does most supposedly ITK football journalism/transfer rumour websites look more like a second year Solent University sports journalist students coursework. Absolute sh1te.

Same goes for the whoppers on SSN transfer round up. A load of nerds who’ve played football manager and think they know everything.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024