Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Salisu problems 14:41 - Jan 17 with 2943 viewsSaintsforeverj

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.goal.com/en/amp/news/ghanaian-defender-salisu-o

Home sick by the sounds of it. He doesn't like the weather and can't settle. Seems like he isn't mentally fit enough to play.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Salisu problems on 13:20 - Jan 18 with 754 viewsSaintNick

Salisu problems on 12:54 - Jan 18 by SonicBoom

Yes have patience. He doesn't say that he can't deal with it, it has just been a surprise and he's getting used to it.
Although - this isn't directed at Salisu - but you'd think if there was ever a career where moving abroad was easy it would be football.
You are treated like royalty by your new employers.
In fact they even employ someone for you to liase with to help with accommodation, paying your bills etc etc.
Then when you get to work you immediately have about 30 mates all around the same age and most are also foreign so can help and advise you on things.
Finally when you get to do your actual job, it's playing football for a living!
99% of people that relocate don't have anywhere near this level of support.

I think this has been the problem for Salisu, he hasn't got the camaraderie of his team mates around hi once he has left the training ground, just as he is getting to now them they have lockdown etc again.

Funnily enough up until fairly recently players weren't cossetted it is only in the last 5-10 years that clubs have got player liason officers to help players up to then a club would merely put you up in a hotel for a month and let you get on with it with only advice from team mates to help you

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Salisu problems on 13:21 - Jan 18 with 752 viewssaints__fan__73

Salisu problems on 12:48 - Jan 18 by SaintNick

I'm not sure that more isnt being made of it than is necessary, here we have a young player who is barely 21 when he joins Saints, he is unable to join in pre season training because he has to firstly isolate for 2 weeks when he arrives and then recover from injury.

He is then in a situation where he is single has no friends in the country and can't even go anywhere much because of Covid 19 restrictions, just as he gets fit and settle in not only does it get cold (and for the record they do have cold in Spain and in Valladolid it is currently the same sort of temperature it is in Southampton ) but we also plunge into another lockdown from the start of November and aside from a week or so before Xmas when the shops opened he will have basically been stuck indoors most of the time on his own since getting here in late August.

So it is no wonder that his mental fragility is a little frail at the moment,

Still lets not this all get in the way of blaming someone at the club and pointing out past mistakes from past employees under completely different circumstances, Les reed must be to blame somewhere or Gao or Rupert Lowe or for older fans Ian Branfoot

or Cortese, yes? Nothing worse than fans latching on to a single person and blaming him for everything.

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Salisu problems on 13:25 - Jan 18 with 742 viewskingslandstand1

Salisu problems on 12:48 - Jan 18 by SaintNick

I'm not sure that more isnt being made of it than is necessary, here we have a young player who is barely 21 when he joins Saints, he is unable to join in pre season training because he has to firstly isolate for 2 weeks when he arrives and then recover from injury.

He is then in a situation where he is single has no friends in the country and can't even go anywhere much because of Covid 19 restrictions, just as he gets fit and settle in not only does it get cold (and for the record they do have cold in Spain and in Valladolid it is currently the same sort of temperature it is in Southampton ) but we also plunge into another lockdown from the start of November and aside from a week or so before Xmas when the shops opened he will have basically been stuck indoors most of the time on his own since getting here in late August.

So it is no wonder that his mental fragility is a little frail at the moment,

Still lets not this all get in the way of blaming someone at the club and pointing out past mistakes from past employees under completely different circumstances, Les reed must be to blame somewhere or Gao or Rupert Lowe or for older fans Ian Branfoot

What about Cortese?
Salisu problems on 13:55 - Jan 18 with 713 viewsDellHero_Would

This has all the hallmarks of Les Read...Do we know if the Black Box’s algorithm was updated after Les departed?

Poll: Wearing a mask

Salisu problems on 14:29 - Jan 18 with 694 viewsSadoldgit

Salisu problems on 12:54 - Jan 18 by JaySaint

he is frail at the moment.

You have all the makings of a cabinet minister in Johnson’s government Jay.
Salisu problems on 14:45 - Jan 19 with 591 viewssaint22

Funny how the new lad at United seems to be doing:

On the impact of Diallo: "He's been very good. He makes a difference in training, which is remarkable at his age.

"He needs to settle into the physical part of the Premier League, but I cant see it being too long before he is in the squad.

"He's definitely settled down well, the players have taken to him and he's a very good character, a bright smiley boy who works really hard."

So wtf is Salisu's issue, sounds all a bit odd to me
[Post edited 19 Jan 2021 14:45]
Salisu problems on 14:54 - Jan 19 with 579 viewsSaintsforeverj

Salisu problems on 14:45 - Jan 19 by saint22

Funny how the new lad at United seems to be doing:

On the impact of Diallo: "He's been very good. He makes a difference in training, which is remarkable at his age.

"He needs to settle into the physical part of the Premier League, but I cant see it being too long before he is in the squad.

"He's definitely settled down well, the players have taken to him and he's a very good character, a bright smiley boy who works really hard."

So wtf is Salisu's issue, sounds all a bit odd to me
[Post edited 19 Jan 2021 14:45]

He doesn't like the weather: it's too cold.

Salisu problems on 15:04 - Jan 19 with 572 viewsBerber

Salisu problems on 13:17 - Jan 18 by Kennington

He’s not done a fan q&a or featured in the ‘pull my Christmas cracker’ type feature on the social media type things. We therefore have no idea about his favourite cheese or even PlayStation game. Get rid.

Don't want to see the "Pull my Christmas Cracker" video.
Login to get fewer ads

Salisu problems on 16:33 - Jan 19 with 544 viewsSadoldgit

Salisu problems on 14:54 - Jan 19 by Saintsforeverj

He doesn't like the weather: it's too cold.

Someone close to the club said that comment had been blown up at all all proportion. Everyday everyone of us says something about the weather and it is no big deal.
Salisu problems on 17:18 - Jan 19 with 531 viewsSaintsforeverj

Salisu problems on 16:33 - Jan 19 by Sadoldgit

Someone close to the club said that comment had been blown up at all all proportion. Everyday everyone of us says something about the weather and it is no big deal.

Which is why fans are wondering what the real reason is. He hasn't always been injured. At the beginning Ralph just said he had "issues".
[Post edited 19 Jan 2021 17:20]

Salisu problems on 18:21 - Jan 19 with 497 viewsSadoldgit

Salisu problems on 17:18 - Jan 19 by Saintsforeverj

Which is why fans are wondering what the real reason is. He hasn't always been injured. At the beginning Ralph just said he had "issues".
[Post edited 19 Jan 2021 17:20]

He had a muscle injury which was sorted out. He was on the bench for a few matches then it went again. A muscle injury is an issue. I think we can discount the weather as an issue. Anyone who doesn’t know that the weather in the UK is crap in the winter has more to worry about than muscle injuries.
Salisu problems on 18:23 - Jan 19 with 495 viewscocklebreath

Salisu problems on 18:21 - Jan 19 by Sadoldgit

He had a muscle injury which was sorted out. He was on the bench for a few matches then it went again. A muscle injury is an issue. I think we can discount the weather as an issue. Anyone who doesn’t know that the weather in the UK is crap in the winter has more to worry about than muscle injuries.

Do you think it’s a little strange? He’s been here 6 months now.

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Salisu problems on 18:27 - Jan 19 with 492 viewsSaintsforeverj

Salisu problems on 18:21 - Jan 19 by Sadoldgit

Which is why saying this, is very strange - "It is such different weather to where I played before. It is a little bit difficult but I am getting used to it.

"It is crazy, you know? It is very difficult here. Where I played in Spain, it is not like this. I find it difficult but I hope I will get used to it soon."

As you say, he should know what the weather is like. Which is again tells us it is probably not the truth. What does he mean " It is very difficult here"?

Hoping to get used to it? Not very convincing that he is happy here. Something is wrong and it's probably not the weather.
[Post edited 19 Jan 2021 18:30]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024