Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Adam's MOTM 16:53 - Mar 6 with 1198 viewsSaintsforeverj

Adams is sky's man of the match. Cracking goal. He seems like a real confidence player, and I think he has potential. It's all about dynamics etc. I think Adams will enjoy being our main striker. Great win and well needed.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Adam's MOTM on 16:59 - Mar 6 with 1172 viewscocklebreath

It might work in our favour, Che hopefully getting his confidence back whilst a disinterested Ings sulks in the treatment room

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Adam's MOTM on 17:02 - Mar 6 with 1157 views1885_SFC

Not sure he was MOTM personally. Jan, KWP & Vest played well at the back - as did FF by the way... not that he had too much to do.

Tella was my MOTM. Looked lively all over the front line where he never stopped running & earned us the penalty. Yes, Adams's goal was a peach - but Tella put the effort in today that's sadly been missing these past few weeks.

Well played nipper.

Old School is Cool

Adam's MOTM on 17:03 - Mar 6 with 1151 viewsSaintsforeverj

Adam's MOTM on 16:59 - Mar 6 by cocklebreath

It might work in our favour, Che hopefully getting his confidence back whilst a disinterested Ings sulks in the treatment room

I agree. Adams scored a lot of good goals in the championship and he is only young. I'm still hopeful he could get good. And as our main striker, he will feel special and yep, it will probably work in our favour. As soon as Adams came on, the team looked energetic and enthusiastic. Tella was excellent too.
[Post edited 6 Mar 2021 17:06]

Adam's MOTM on 17:16 - Mar 6 with 1091 viewsSadoldgit

Adam's MOTM on 17:03 - Mar 6 by Saintsforeverj

I agree. Adams scored a lot of good goals in the championship and he is only young. I'm still hopeful he could get good. And as our main striker, he will feel special and yep, it will probably work in our favour. As soon as Adams came on, the team looked energetic and enthusiastic. Tella was excellent too.

Tella my MotM too. He put in a great shift today. So good to see KWP but he and Diallo looked a bit rusty at times. Looked nervy in the first half but more like our old selves as the game wore on. Shame about the injury to Ings but it would be the same without a key player leaving the pitch limping. This time it seemed to work in our favour though because Adams, who likes scoring against the Blades, brought plenty of energy to the attack. It was all about the 3 points today though so job done.
Adam's MOTM on 17:18 - Mar 6 with 1082 viewsTimSaint

Fair play to him. He started off slowly but after that superb strike, he was a completely different player, such was the confidence it gave him.

Not sure he was MOTM though. Tella, Arms and the 2 x CBs deserved that, plus we were far better balanced with KWP back.

Shame we couldn't finish em off with all those chances towards the end from the likes of Mini, Adams, Red and Arms. Would have been great to score 4 without Ings - but all the same, hopefully he went off as a precaution and will be back next week.

TimSaint

Adam's MOTM on 17:23 - Mar 6 with 1061 viewskingslandstand1

Adam's MOTM on 17:16 - Mar 6 by Sadoldgit

Tella my MotM too. He put in a great shift today. So good to see KWP but he and Diallo looked a bit rusty at times. Looked nervy in the first half but more like our old selves as the game wore on. Shame about the injury to Ings but it would be the same without a key player leaving the pitch limping. This time it seemed to work in our favour though because Adams, who likes scoring against the Blades, brought plenty of energy to the attack. It was all about the 3 points today though so job done.

Not sure if it's been covered below but Ralph has apparently said the injury looks bad
Adam's MOTM on 17:39 - Mar 6 with 1023 viewsSaintsforeverj

Adam's MOTM on 17:18 - Mar 6 by TimSaint

Fair play to him. He started off slowly but after that superb strike, he was a completely different player, such was the confidence it gave him.

Not sure he was MOTM though. Tella, Arms and the 2 x CBs deserved that, plus we were far better balanced with KWP back.

Shame we couldn't finish em off with all those chances towards the end from the likes of Mini, Adams, Red and Arms. Would have been great to score 4 without Ings - but all the same, hopefully he went off as a precaution and will be back next week.

Ings is injured for at least a month, Ralph just said. But as I say, I think an energetic Adams who is gunning to become our number one striker, is probably better than a player who will likely be playing against us next season. Although, if he keeps getting injured, other clubs might be put off. So we will have to see. But I personally think Adams will enjoy feeling special as "the main man" and if Ings leaves, we need someone else who can score the goals. I'm hopeful Adams could step up.
[Post edited 6 Mar 2021 17:40]

Adam's MOTM on 10:21 - Mar 7 with 711 viewsBerber

Adam's MOTM on 17:02 - Mar 6 by 1885_SFC

Not sure he was MOTM personally. Jan, KWP & Vest played well at the back - as did FF by the way... not that he had too much to do.

Tella was my MOTM. Looked lively all over the front line where he never stopped running & earned us the penalty. Yes, Adams's goal was a peach - but Tella put the effort in today that's sadly been missing these past few weeks.

Well played nipper.

Tella for me too.
Login to get fewer ads

Adam's MOTM on 11:03 - Mar 7 with 696 viewsRon11

Adam's MOTM on 17:39 - Mar 6 by Saintsforeverj

Ings is injured for at least a month, Ralph just said. But as I say, I think an energetic Adams who is gunning to become our number one striker, is probably better than a player who will likely be playing against us next season. Although, if he keeps getting injured, other clubs might be put off. So we will have to see. But I personally think Adams will enjoy feeling special as "the main man" and if Ings leaves, we need someone else who can score the goals. I'm hopeful Adams could step up.
[Post edited 6 Mar 2021 17:40]

I didn't see what happened to Danny Ings, he just pulled up and sat down...sadly he does seem injury prone, and would imagine that's why he's not looked too happy on the pitch for a while, don't know about 'sulking' or whatever. If a move somewhere else on bigger money was in doubt because of niggling injuries then it would be a an annoyance to anybody - but as we know, most club loyalty has gone from football these days.
It was a vital win yesterday, but Sheffield United looked what they are - bottom of the table.Saints could and should have made it a four or five goal win, some great opportunities went begging.
Nathan Tella looked dangerous and is a great prospect up front with Che Adams. When Ralph took him off I was a bit mystified, but then realised it was a sensible move because he was already on a yellow card and the Blades were getting a bit handy - and we don't have Ings anymore.
It was good to see Fraser Forster back on his good form - but Ryan Bertrand is looking off form/past his best, not sure which.
Adam's MOTM on 10:58 - Mar 8 with 601 viewsSadoldgit

Adams has strength and energy but sadly will never be able to replace Danny Ings quality as a prolific goal scorer. If he stays or goes, he is injury prone so we are going to have to find a replacement as there is no one else at the club who can finish like him. Tella has shown that he is an threat going forward but doesn’t have a finish in him yet. As Ralph has said, there is a lot of work needs to be done on the squad this summer which will be difficult without much cash to spend.
Adam's MOTM on 12:49 - Mar 8 with 548 viewsBerber

Adam's MOTM on 17:03 - Mar 6 by Saintsforeverj

Adams and Tella could be a handful for any back line if they work at it, together. Mind, the Sfeffield Utd back line wasn't much of a standard to measure against.
[Post edited 8 Mar 2021 12:50]
Adam's MOTM on 09:04 - Mar 9 with 472 viewsBridders2

That was a great goal, but for me Adams doesn't have enough guile, he's like Redmond can move quickly, but snatches at the ball at the first opportunity. They both had similar chances where a cross to Armstrong would have resulted in a goal. Ings and Minamino are able to see different opportunities and create more openings and we need to find a similar new striker, even if Ings stays.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024