Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Third Covid Wave 10:36 - Jul 16 with 55415 viewsSadoldgit

Infection and hospital rates climbing rapidly. Death rates projected at 200 per day. Nearly 4m people at serious risk. New information coming out about the problems Covid cause the body if it doesn’t kill you. People laid up for the best part of a year with serious complications. Concern over the AstraZenica vaccine. Is it really wise to lift most of the restrictions on Monday? We have been told that we aren’t going back into another lockdown situation no matter what, but Whitty seems to think it might have to be on the cards.
[Post edited 18 Jul 2021 9:29]
Third Covid Wave on 23:48 - Jul 18 with 1232 viewsDorsetIan

Third Covid Wave on 23:18 - Jul 18 by Bicester_North

Yes I know they are immediate Ian, but people might not take them immediately.

Your solution was thick and naive.

Pinged people are isolating voluntarily. I’m sure given the choice, those same people would voluntarily take a lateral flow test instead. They’re already crying out for a more measured and sensible solution.

You’re trying to rubbish an alternative to isolation (which is very difficult to do but which is reluctantly being done) by suggesting that people wouldn’t do something that’s so much easier. Makes no sense at all.

And you call me thick.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Third Covid Wave on 00:01 - Jul 19 with 1228 viewsBicester_North

Third Covid Wave on 23:48 - Jul 18 by DorsetIan

Pinged people are isolating voluntarily. I’m sure given the choice, those same people would voluntarily take a lateral flow test instead. They’re already crying out for a more measured and sensible solution.

You’re trying to rubbish an alternative to isolation (which is very difficult to do but which is reluctantly being done) by suggesting that people wouldn’t do something that’s so much easier. Makes no sense at all.

And you call me thick.

No I didn’t call you thick, if you were clever you would’ve worked that out.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Third Covid Wave on 00:18 - Jul 19 with 1208 viewsDorsetIan

Third Covid Wave on 00:01 - Jul 19 by Bicester_North

No I didn’t call you thick, if you were clever you would’ve worked that out.

..it’s just that when you said ‘your solution is thick and naive’,I thought...

...but never mind, I guess I will never be able to keep up...

Third Covid Wave on 07:19 - Jul 19 with 1169 viewscocklebreath

I imagine there’s quite a few work shy types who love getting pinged by the app, another 10 days off work to laze around.

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Third Covid Wave on 10:18 - Jul 19 with 1132 viewsSadoldgit

Whatever you think of the lockdown and release, this has been yet another part of the pandemic clouded in confusion and mismanagement by Johnson. He really should have got a grip by now. Once again he has been forced into another u turn when his first instinct was to do what was best for him and not everyone else. Thankfully there are some brilliant people around for without the vaccine we would be in a greater mess than we are now. I thought that Javid would be a big step up from Hancock but sadly he still has his Treasury head on.
Third Covid Wave on 10:50 - Jul 19 with 1118 viewsJaySaint

Third Covid Wave on 10:18 - Jul 19 by Sadoldgit

Whatever you think of the lockdown and release, this has been yet another part of the pandemic clouded in confusion and mismanagement by Johnson. He really should have got a grip by now. Once again he has been forced into another u turn when his first instinct was to do what was best for him and not everyone else. Thankfully there are some brilliant people around for without the vaccine we would be in a greater mess than we are now. I thought that Javid would be a big step up from Hancock but sadly he still has his Treasury head on.

what is confusing about being able to lift restrictions?

Personally, I do not want the leader of the country working in isolation. Let alone someone who has had the virus, been jabbed twice and tested negative.

All this proves is that the strict rules need abolishing.
[Post edited 19 Jul 2021 10:52]

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Third Covid Wave on 10:59 - Jul 19 with 1106 viewsDorsetIan

Third Covid Wave on 10:50 - Jul 19 by JaySaint

what is confusing about being able to lift restrictions?

Personally, I do not want the leader of the country working in isolation. Let alone someone who has had the virus, been jabbed twice and tested negative.

All this proves is that the strict rules need abolishing.
[Post edited 19 Jul 2021 10:52]

That's the confusing bit. It's meant to be 'freedom day' but it's clearly not.

And I think most people are still trying to be careful, Jay, but they are having to work it all out for themselves and are also having to navigate around all those ideological people who are refusing, on principle, to be careful.

Third Covid Wave on 11:09 - Jul 19 with 1102 viewsJaySaint

Third Covid Wave on 10:59 - Jul 19 by DorsetIan

That's the confusing bit. It's meant to be 'freedom day' but it's clearly not.

And I think most people are still trying to be careful, Jay, but they are having to work it all out for themselves and are also having to navigate around all those ideological people who are refusing, on principle, to be careful.

What is there to work out? the onus is now on the person. We have had 18 months or so of rules given to us. If you want to wear a mask, wear one. If you don't, do not
If going to the pub scares, you. Don't bother

simple as that really.

Login to get fewer ads

Third Covid Wave on 11:18 - Jul 19 with 1088 viewsDorsetIan

Third Covid Wave on 11:09 - Jul 19 by JaySaint

What is there to work out? the onus is now on the person. We have had 18 months or so of rules given to us. If you want to wear a mask, wear one. If you don't, do not
If going to the pub scares, you. Don't bother

simple as that really.

So, basically, your telling anyone with any concerns about their health to self-isolate anyway.

Third Covid Wave on 11:21 - Jul 19 with 1087 viewsJaySaint

Third Covid Wave on 11:18 - Jul 19 by DorsetIan

So, basically, your telling anyone with any concerns about their health to self-isolate anyway.

I am saying, like in normal life, if you have a concern, do what you need to do to look after yourself.

it is quite simple (or it used to be)

Third Covid Wave on 12:05 - Jul 19 with 1069 viewsDorsetIan

Third Covid Wave on 11:21 - Jul 19 by JaySaint

I am saying, like in normal life, if you have a concern, do what you need to do to look after yourself.

it is quite simple (or it used to be)

Do you believe that there is any obligation on one citizen to avoid harm to others, or even to make to 'normal life' possible for others?

Third Covid Wave on 12:10 - Jul 19 with 1065 viewsJaySaint

Third Covid Wave on 12:05 - Jul 19 by DorsetIan

Do you believe that there is any obligation on one citizen to avoid harm to others, or even to make to 'normal life' possible for others?

Do what you need to do, and stop worrying about everyone else doing the same.

Should we all stop driving, in case someone runs you over?
[Post edited 19 Jul 2021 12:12]

Third Covid Wave on 12:15 - Jul 19 with 1056 viewsDorsetIan

Third Covid Wave on 12:10 - Jul 19 by JaySaint

If you think the answer is 'no' just say so, I just want to understand how much of a libertarian you are.

Third Covid Wave on 12:25 - Jul 19 with 1042 viewsSadoldgit

Third Covid Wave on 12:10 - Jul 19 by JaySaint

You don’t see the difference between an accident and exposure to an often deadly and highly contagious virus?
Third Covid Wave on 13:06 - Jul 19 with 1024 viewsJaySaint

Third Covid Wave on 12:25 - Jul 19 by Sadoldgit

You don’t see the difference between an accident and exposure to an often deadly and highly contagious virus?

How it is an "often deadly virus"

Is it nothing of the sort

Third Covid Wave on 13:06 - Jul 19 with 1023 viewsJellybaby

Third Covid Wave on 12:15 - Jul 19 by DorsetIan

If you think the answer is 'no' just say so, I just want to understand how much of a libertarian you are.

The trouble is Ian, as nice as this collectivism sounds, it only ever leads to communism or fascism. State intervention of whatever flavour is always disastrous- freedoms are hard fought and easily lost.

I wholly disapprove of what you say and will defend to the death your right to say it.

Third Covid Wave on 13:24 - Jul 19 with 1009 viewsDorsetIan

Third Covid Wave on 13:06 - Jul 19 by Jellybaby

The trouble is Ian, as nice as this collectivism sounds, it only ever leads to communism or fascism. State intervention of whatever flavour is always disastrous- freedoms are hard fought and easily lost.

The alternative to the sort of anarchism/libertarianism that Jay seems to favour is not communism or fascism. Most liberal democracies adopt laws that balance the freedom of the individual alongside the collective good, with debate about where that balance should lie, and with most people favouring individual freedom where possible.

But cost-benefit also comes into it. It costs me pretty much f*ck all to wear a mask in a crowded place. Whereas not doing so puts others at possibly serious risk. I don’t value my right to a comfortable face higher than the health of others.

Third Covid Wave on 13:27 - Jul 19 with 1006 viewsJaySaint

Third Covid Wave on 13:24 - Jul 19 by DorsetIan

The alternative to the sort of anarchism/libertarianism that Jay seems to favour is not communism or fascism. Most liberal democracies adopt laws that balance the freedom of the individual alongside the collective good, with debate about where that balance should lie, and with most people favouring individual freedom where possible.

But cost-benefit also comes into it. It costs me pretty much f*ck all to wear a mask in a crowded place. Whereas not doing so puts others at possibly serious risk. I don’t value my right to a comfortable face higher than the health of others.

Having a normal life (like we did 18 months ago) is anarchism?

My god

Third Covid Wave on 13:32 - Jul 19 with 1004 viewsJellybaby

Third Covid Wave on 13:24 - Jul 19 by DorsetIan

In a year where the UK death rate is lower than the last 8 year average, then the right to show your face, the right to see your family, the right to be left alone to quietly get on with your life should be a given. The last 18 months has been a massive over reach of government and one we will take decades to fully recover from.

I wholly disapprove of what you say and will defend to the death your right to say it.

Third Covid Wave on 13:37 - Jul 19 with 1001 viewsDorsetIan

Third Covid Wave on 13:27 - Jul 19 by JaySaint

Having a normal life (like we did 18 months ago) is anarchism?

My god

You seem to favour anarchism. You’ve said that everyone should just take responsibility for themselves, haven’t you?

If you want to explain the subtler aspects of your political philosophy, please feel free, but I’ve got you down as a libertarian-anarchist at the moment.

And I’m not judging you, just trying to understand where you’re coming from.

Third Covid Wave on 14:11 - Jul 19 with 986 viewsSadoldgit

Just left Tescos. Quite a number of people weren’t wearing masks which is disappointing as I thought we are still supposed to do so in crowded enclosed areas.
Third Covid Wave on 14:16 - Jul 19 with 982 views1885_SFC

Third Covid Wave on 14:11 - Jul 19 by Sadoldgit

Just left Tescos. Quite a number of people weren’t wearing masks which is disappointing as I thought we are still supposed to do so in crowded enclosed areas.

You wouldn't get that in Waitrose or M&S. I'm steering clear of the peasant supermarkets.

Old School is Cool

Third Covid Wave on 15:05 - Jul 19 with 956 viewsSadoldgit

Third Covid Wave on 14:16 - Jul 19 by 1885_SFC

You wouldn't get that in Waitrose or M&S. I'm steering clear of the peasant supermarkets.

Too bloody right!
Third Covid Wave on 17:19 - Jul 19 with 906 viewsSaintsforeverj

Just been announced by Boris that only people who have been double jabbed will be allowed to go to night clubs, stadiums and places with big crowds. This will come into force when every over 18 has been offered both Jabs. If you turn down the jab, amongst other places you're not getting in to watch the football! This is fair enough in my opinion. Those not jabbed, just get a jab!! It will affect a lot of our younger fans perhaps.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Third Covid Wave on 17:40 - Jul 19 with 896 viewsBerber

Third Covid Wave on 20:01 - Jul 17 by Saintsforeverj

This. If every adult gets vaccinated, the discussion about restrictions would become meaningless.

You could catch Covid and die in the worst scenario, or you could just get vaccinated and you are 96 % likely to live .
[Post edited 17 Jul 2021 20:08]

Interesting to hear the PM say that after 19th Aug, proof of 2 jabs will likely be required for entry to some events, including night clubs. Hooray. Make it pubs, restaurants and shops. The 35% of under 35s who have not yet had a single jab will soon start to change their behaviours, same as the French have now suddenly got a taste for vaccination once free tests were abolished.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024