Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Third Covid Wave 10:36 - Jul 16 with 55411 viewsSadoldgit

Infection and hospital rates climbing rapidly. Death rates projected at 200 per day. Nearly 4m people at serious risk. New information coming out about the problems Covid cause the body if it doesn’t kill you. People laid up for the best part of a year with serious complications. Concern over the AstraZenica vaccine. Is it really wise to lift most of the restrictions on Monday? We have been told that we aren’t going back into another lockdown situation no matter what, but Whitty seems to think it might have to be on the cards.
[Post edited 18 Jul 2021 9:29]
Third Covid Wave on 17:51 - Jul 19 with 1691 viewsPoirot

Southampton and surrouding areas has seen its highest ever case figures over recent days. Keep the masks on, windows open and mitigate being indoors with many people.
Third Covid Wave on 17:55 - Jul 19 with 1690 viewsBison

Third Covid Wave on 17:19 - Jul 19 by Saintsforeverj

Just been announced by Boris that only people who have been double jabbed will be allowed to go to night clubs, stadiums and places with big crowds. This will come into force when every over 18 has been offered both Jabs. If you turn down the jab, amongst other places you're not getting in to watch the football! This is fair enough in my opinion. Those not jabbed, just get a jab!! It will affect a lot of our younger fans perhaps.

All the ugly kids are hoping for mandatory masks in nightclubs , it could be their best chance of getting their end away.

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

Third Covid Wave on 18:11 - Jul 19 with 1675 viewsBerber

Aside of the numbers scaremongering, won't all these people get the same issues anyway, just later? Isn't that what Whittey and Van Tam just said? The lockdown possibility is only to take pressure off the NHS, the same as it has always been. The fundamentals have not changed, Covid will get everyone it is going to get, only vaccination will lower the risk, but not eradicate it.
Third Covid Wave on 18:38 - Jul 19 with 1654 viewsSaintsforeverj

Third Covid Wave on 18:11 - Jul 19 by Berber

Aside of the numbers scaremongering, won't all these people get the same issues anyway, just later? Isn't that what Whittey and Van Tam just said? The lockdown possibility is only to take pressure off the NHS, the same as it has always been. The fundamentals have not changed, Covid will get everyone it is going to get, only vaccination will lower the risk, but not eradicate it.

And whoever it is going to get, it's better it gets them now than in the winter when the NHS will be under more pressure. The virus is only going to make someone very ill or die, if they haven't been vaccinated. And that now, is their fault! 35 per cent of under 30's have not taken up the jab. Well, that's their choice, they can't complain if they get it. If they have had one jab and under 30, the risk of getting ill or death is millions to one. So let's see if we reach a peak and infections come down heading into winter. If that's the case, then all well and good.
[Post edited 19 Jul 2021 18:40]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Third Covid Wave on 18:51 - Jul 19 with 1641 viewssolent_toffee

Just been announced by Boris that only people who have been double jabbed will be allowed to go to night clubs, stadiums and places with big crowds. This will come into force when every over 18 has been offered both Jabs. If you turn down the jab, amongst other places you're not getting in to watch the football! This is fair enough in my opinion. Those not jabbed, just get a jab!! It will affect a lot of our younger fans perhaps.

A lad I know refuses to get the jab as it’s against his human right and he is also concerned about the side effects of it. This from someone who shoves of crap up his beak most Friday and Saturday nights.

You couldn’t make it up.
Third Covid Wave on 23:28 - Jul 19 with 1560 viewsericofarabia

So what exactly is this going to acheive, seeing as the jab, which is still under trial until 2023 and doesn't actually stop you getting the virus or transmitting it?
The majority of cases at the moment are double jabbed. I know the numbers will be skewed a bit by there being more jabbed than un jabbed, but Millions of unjabbed havent had the virus yet due to their own immune system, or many others now have resistance having already had the virus. How can the Government discriminate against a large % of the population when the jab isn't capable of ensuring immunity. Under the new measures the option of providing a recent PCR negative test wont be an option either.
Welcome to the New Apartheid.
Third Covid Wave on 23:39 - Jul 19 with 1555 viewsBicester_North

Third Covid Wave on 23:28 - Jul 19 by ericofarabia

So what exactly is this going to acheive, seeing as the jab, which is still under trial until 2023 and doesn't actually stop you getting the virus or transmitting it?
The majority of cases at the moment are double jabbed. I know the numbers will be skewed a bit by there being more jabbed than un jabbed, but Millions of unjabbed havent had the virus yet due to their own immune system, or many others now have resistance having already had the virus. How can the Government discriminate against a large % of the population when the jab isn't capable of ensuring immunity. Under the new measures the option of providing a recent PCR negative test wont be an option either.
Welcome to the New Apartheid.

Agree with you Eric, this is a nasty situation now. Whatever your views on the vaccine this feels like a strange science fiction novel where the population is being controlled. If the virus killed a large percentage of our population this sort of tactic might be understandable.

If you are old or vulnerable have the jab if you want it, if not then that’s your own risk going to a big event or a nightclub. What a weird scenario we have now.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Third Covid Wave on 00:10 - Jul 20 with 1539 viewsSaintsforeverj

Third Covid Wave on 23:39 - Jul 19 by Bicester_North

Agree with you Eric, this is a nasty situation now. Whatever your views on the vaccine this feels like a strange science fiction novel where the population is being controlled. If the virus killed a large percentage of our population this sort of tactic might be understandable.

If you are old or vulnerable have the jab if you want it, if not then that’s your own risk going to a big event or a nightclub. What a weird scenario we have now.

It's all about panic and fear about the economy collapsing and the NHS being overwhelmed. People may argue that they should be free to say no to the vaccine as a human right, but if too many said that, the economy collapses as we would have to lockdown. Those refusing the vaccine, would still expect treatment if they got ill. I can't really see to be honest why people can't just get vaccinated.
[Post edited 20 Jul 2021 1:37]

Login to get fewer ads

Third Covid Wave on 07:14 - Jul 20 with 1472 viewsJaySaint

Third Covid Wave on 00:10 - Jul 20 by Saintsforeverj

It's all about panic and fear about the economy collapsing and the NHS being overwhelmed. People may argue that they should be free to say no to the vaccine as a human right, but if too many said that, the economy collapses as we would have to lockdown. Those refusing the vaccine, would still expect treatment if they got ill. I can't really see to be honest why people can't just get vaccinated.
[Post edited 20 Jul 2021 1:37]

Smokers who get ill are able to use the NHS!

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Third Covid Wave on 07:35 - Jul 20 with 1456 viewsJellybaby

I think most people know deep down that a line has being crossed.

The covid unvaccinated have been officially declared as undesirable and will be treated as second class citizens.

Two years ago no one would have believed we were capable as a society of forcing an unlicensed gene therapy vaccine on people and discriminating against those who refused. But here we are.

I wholly disapprove of what you say and will defend to the death your right to say it.

Third Covid Wave on 08:43 - Jul 20 with 1430 viewsDorsetIan

Third Covid Wave on 07:35 - Jul 20 by Jellybaby

The covid unvaccinated have been officially declared as undesirable and will be treated as second class citizens.

Two years ago no one would have believed we were capable as a society of forcing an unlicensed gene therapy vaccine on people and discriminating against those who refused. But here we are.

Most people view the vaccines as a huge success and not an authoritarian conspiracy. Most people are pleased that they, their families and their country have been given some protection against a potentially fatal virus.

Personally, I see anti-vaxers as people in need of an enemy. Who somehow cannot accept that the scientists involved with the vaccines are simply trying to help.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Third Covid Wave on 08:43 - Jul 20 with 1430 viewssaintwizzler

Two years ago Covid was unknown by 99% of the world.
Have you been vaccinated?

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Third Covid Wave on 09:06 - Jul 20 with 1422 viewsSadoldgit

I think most people know deep down that if it weren’t for these vaccines we would be well in the sh it, the death toll would be through the roof and there would be no chance of a release from lockdown for some considerable time. I think most people also don’t believe that the earth is flat anymore.
Third Covid Wave on 09:21 - Jul 20 with 1413 viewsBerber

Can you see Mars? You have bent the truth quite a bit there. People will always cover the full spread of opinions, even when having assimilated the facts. Those who say a definite NO to progress may think lines have been crossed. However, genetic modification is why we have this virus in the first place, whether by nature or by man, so what is wrong with using the same process to nullify it? Like the article says, get over it.
https://allianceforscience.cornell.edu/blog/2020/12/yes-some-covid-vaccines-use-
Third Covid Wave on 09:59 - Jul 20 with 1402 viewsDorsetIan

Reports this morning of ministers starting to say that a 'ping' is just advisory. Doesn't create a legal obligation to self-isolate.

I hope we're all keeping up.

Third Covid Wave on 23:01 - Jul 23 with 1288 viewsSaintsforeverj

Interesting that Covid infections are down for 3rd day in a row. With 80 per cent jabbed and the unvaccinated catching it, hopefully we are heading towards heard immunity.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-57942217

Third Covid Wave on 08:22 - Jul 24 with 1211 viewsBazza

Can’t believe people who won’t take the jabs. It’s such a simple process that will help protect you. If you don’t take it you are selfishly endangering yourself and other people. Your human right not to be vaccinated but not your right to inflict your risk onto others, relatives, friends and NHS. I hope the government bring in more legislation against the stupid anti-vaxers. Certainly I will feel a lot safer attending games knowing that those numpties are not allowed in.
Third Covid Wave on 09:43 - Jul 24 with 1169 viewsDorsetIan

Third Covid Wave on 23:01 - Jul 23 by Saintsforeverj

Interesting that Covid infections are down for 3rd day in a row. With 80 per cent jabbed and the unvaccinated catching it, hopefully we are heading towards heard immunity.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-57942217

That would be very good news. Next couple of weeks will confirm the position, as the consequences of Monday’s opening up feed into the system.

Third Covid Wave on 14:03 - Jul 24 with 1096 viewscocklebreath

Third Covid Wave on 09:43 - Jul 24 by DorsetIan

That would be very good news. Next couple of weeks will confirm the position, as the consequences of Monday’s opening up feed into the system.

Consequences of opening up? What’s actually changed, a few night clubs, no more table service. Get on with life people. I’d like to know the % of people who have died we’re just about dead anyway. People on their own driving a car with a mask on, fooking weirdos

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Third Covid Wave on 16:03 - Jul 24 with 1059 viewsBerber

Third Covid Wave on 14:03 - Jul 24 by cocklebreath

Consequences of opening up? What’s actually changed, a few night clubs, no more table service. Get on with life people. I’d like to know the % of people who have died we’re just about dead anyway. People on their own driving a car with a mask on, fooking weirdos

“People on their own driving cars with masks on, fooling wierdos.” 😂 magic
Third Covid Wave on 23:16 - Jul 24 with 1011 viewsWaylander

New infections down again today - 31k
Third Covid Wave on 17:17 - Jul 25 with 941 viewsJaySaint

Third Covid Wave on 23:16 - Jul 24 by Waylander

New infections down again today - 31k

29k infections today, compared to 50k 1 week ago.

imagine, had we still been in a greater lockdown, that itself would take all the credit.

Third Covid Wave on 08:10 - Jul 26 with 888 viewsJaySaint

I wonder what the Guardian version of this story will say?.

Third Covid Wave on 08:37 - Jul 26 with 870 viewsdwayne_dibley

Third Covid Wave on 08:10 - Jul 26 by JaySaint

"Tory spin"

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

Third Covid Wave on 08:45 - Jul 26 with 867 viewsSalisburySaint

Third Covid Wave on 08:10 - Jul 26 by JaySaint

Most likely that when the economy has hit rock bottom, its easy to grow at a fast pace, it would be worrying if it didn't
[Post edited 26 Jul 2021 11:21]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024