Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
JWP 10:37 - Dec 2 with 2876 viewsBicester_North

Didn’t think he was very effective again last night. He does cover a lot of ground and make a lot of passes but as for really affecting games like he was doing last season, and creating for the forwards, he seems to be way behind. Set pieces way below previous standards.
or he’s just out of form. Annoying that one of our best players seems to be in a real slump. It seems to have coincided with S Armstrong being out injured as well.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

JWP on 11:17 - Dec 2 with 1845 viewssaints__fan__73

And no free kicks scored this season and he doesn't even take all of the corners anymore.

Diallo looked good when playing when JWP was suspended too.

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

JWP on 14:13 - Dec 2 with 1756 viewsNumber_58

I thought he played well last night, but what do I know?
JWP on 14:28 - Dec 2 with 1746 viewsI_would

JWP on 14:13 - Dec 2 by Number_58

Not a lot obviously. The guy spent most of the game jogging, watching the ball and failing to get a tackle in. Plus, of course, not helping with the attacks.

Poll: How many players should RH play at the back on Saturday?

JWP on 14:31 - Dec 2 with 1751 viewsPoirot

I think the bottom line is there a numerous players in the team that simply dont have the skill set to get results for a midtable finish.
JWP on 15:12 - Dec 2 with 1709 viewsI_would

JWP on 14:31 - Dec 2 by Poirot

I think the bottom line is there a numerous players in the team that simply dont have the skill set to get results for a midtable finish.

Correct but it doesn't help paying JWP £100pw when that money could go towards a much much better player. Also the huge mistake of extending Long's and Buncott's contract. Three wages wasted without even looking at the management more closely.

JWP on 15:17 - Dec 2 with 1711 viewsSaintsforeverj

He has been very "average" since the beginning of the season. He is better than what he is showing. Something isn't right.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

JWP on 15:18 - Dec 2 with 1705 viewsNumber_58

JWP on 14:28 - Dec 2 by I_would

Not a lot obviously. The guy spent most of the game jogging, watching the ball and failing to get a tackle in. Plus, of course, not helping with the attacks.

But still an awful lot more than you.
JWP on 15:26 - Dec 2 with 1693 viewsI_would

JWP on 15:18 - Dec 2 by Number_58

But still an awful lot more than you.

I'm not being paid to do a job at SFC am I? You really don't know a lot do you?

Login to get fewer ads

JWP on 16:15 - Dec 2 with 1673 viewsHeisenberg

JWP on 14:28 - Dec 2 by I_would

You were saying on Saturday that at last we were playing 3 at the back. 15 minutes later we were 3 down and RH admitted he got it wrong.

As for JWP you clearly didn’t watch the game. He played well in the first half. I can recall a number of tackles he got it and passes particularly down our left. Thought he faded in the second half though as Leicester got on top. He hasn’t been his best this season and his set pieces haven’t been the usual standard but he gives it everything and clearly cares about Saints. He always puts in a shift in. Your fixation on him is quite frankly odd.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

JWP on 16:34 - Dec 2 with 1655 viewsI_would

JWP on 16:15 - Dec 2 by Heisenberg

You were saying on Saturday that at last we were playing 3 at the back. 15 minutes later we were 3 down and RH admitted he got it wrong.

As for JWP you clearly didn’t watch the game. He played well in the first half. I can recall a number of tackles he got it and passes particularly down our left. Thought he faded in the second half though as Leicester got on top. He hasn’t been his best this season and his set pieces haven’t been the usual standard but he gives it everything and clearly cares about Saints. He always puts in a shift in. Your fixation on him is quite frankly odd.

It was three at the front that was wrong as I actually said, if you look. Why isn't he being subbed then when he's either not fit (as the manager has stated recently) or, as you rightly say, faded in the second half? I think it's frankly odd that anyone rates him. He won't get a game when we finally shift this manager and he certainly wouldn't be captain, which most people agree was a costly decision on Ralph's part. Putting a shift in suggests 'workmanlike' which I wouldn't disagree with. Same as 'loyal' (looking for a positive).

JWP on 17:07 - Dec 2 with 1631 viewsRon11

JWP on 16:34 - Dec 2 by I_would

It was three at the front that was wrong as I actually said, if you look. Why isn't he being subbed then when he's either not fit (as the manager has stated recently) or, as you rightly say, faded in the second half? I think it's frankly odd that anyone rates him. He won't get a game when we finally shift this manager and he certainly wouldn't be captain, which most people agree was a costly decision on Ralph's part. Putting a shift in suggests 'workmanlike' which I wouldn't disagree with. Same as 'loyal' (looking for a positive).

There have been several costly decisions on Ralph's part.
The near post ninja being one of them.
JWP on 17:18 - Dec 2 with 1608 viewsI_would

JWP on 17:07 - Dec 2 by Ron11

There have been several costly decisions on Ralph's part.
The near post ninja being one of them.

Two near post fumbles in one match smacks of 9-0 twice. No other club would put up with it. New owner please, before relegation, no good after, we'll never get back up with this squad.

JWP on 18:10 - Dec 2 with 1589 viewssaint901

I thought that JWP certainly put a shift in and essentially pit Maddison out of the game for large periods.

Ultimately however Maddison is somewhere near the top his game at the moment and JWP is no and therefore he faded a bit.

JWP is not going to snap back to form in one match but will over the season show that he has class above most of our players.
JWP on 18:25 - Dec 2 with 1571 viewsI_would

JWP on 18:10 - Dec 2 by saint901

I thought that JWP certainly put a shift in and essentially pit Maddison out of the game for large periods.

Ultimately however Maddison is somewhere near the top his game at the moment and JWP is no and therefore he faded a bit.

JWP is not going to snap back to form in one match but will over the season show that he has class above most of our players.

God help us if he's a class above the rest of our players.

JWP on 18:31 - Dec 2 with 1577 viewssaint901

JWP on 18:25 - Dec 2 by I_would

God help us if he's a class above the rest of our players.

I'd start praying if I were you.

Broja, Tino, will be good players in time.

Jan B, Salisu, Romeu, Ely, are pretty much as good as they're ever going to be.

Tella, Armstrong A, KWP jury is out.

Redmond, Adams will blow hot and cold and having more than 5 good games in a row is tricky.

McCarthy - no comment.

Class is permanent, form temporary.
JWP on 18:54 - Dec 2 with 1554 viewsNumber_58

JWP on 15:26 - Dec 2 by I_would

I'm not being paid to do a job at SFC am I? You really don't know a lot do you?

Thank God for that. I wouldn't want to see you in charge of an Under 7 team, let alone SFC.
JWP on 19:14 - Dec 2 with 1550 viewsBerber

JWP on 14:13 - Dec 2 by Number_58

Scored lowest of all the starters.
JWP on 20:18 - Dec 2 with 1519 viewsMessysaints

JWP on 19:14 - Dec 2 by Berber

Scored lowest of all the starters.

by whos ratings? Sky? BBC? Whoscored? Daily fail?

Sky gave him a 6 along with pretty much every one bar a few who got 7 or Maddison who was the only person to get 8..

Who scored have him as 9th highest rated out of both teams...
JWP on 20:47 - Dec 2 with 1488 viewsI_would

JWP on 20:18 - Dec 2 by Messysaints

by whos ratings? Sky? BBC? Whoscored? Daily fail?

Sky gave him a 6 along with pretty much every one bar a few who got 7 or Maddison who was the only person to get 8..

Who scored have him as 9th highest rated out of both teams...

Mr Angry sticking up for his family, very admirable.

JWP on 17:26 - Dec 4 with 1327 viewsBicester_North

Drop him for Diallo until he sorts himself out. Hope S Armstrong back very soon.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

JWP on 21:51 - Dec 4 with 1256 viewssaint22

Single handedly gave them that point
Tried to thread a pass right thru the centre of midfield when down the line was the option
The runs back to the goal line and plays them all on?
Wtf
JWP on 11:34 - Jan 12 with 1012 viewsMessysaints

coming back into form, his last few games have been top quality..........
JWP on 11:43 - Jan 12 with 989 viewsBerber

JWP on 11:34 - Jan 12 by Messysaints

His tackle back in the second half was magnificent.
JWP on 12:09 - Jan 12 with 970 viewsA1079

JWP on 11:34 - Jan 12 by Messysaints

Completely agree Messy. I was critical of his performances at the start of the season but the last few games he has been the player I know he can be and a JWP playing well seems to make the team play well or may be it is vice versa.
JWP on 12:37 - Jan 12 with 949 viewssaint901

I thought JWP deserved to be player of the match yesterday (Brentford).

As I said before, class is permanent and form temporary.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024