Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bojo, wake me up before you go-go! 14:01 - Apr 12 with 10196 viewsSadoldgit

Surely nowJohnson must resign?! He has broken the law and lied to Parliament. It is time for him to go and to take his Chancellor with him.
[Post edited 12 Apr 2022 14:01]
Bojo, wake me up before you go-go! on 21:32 - Apr 14 with 1982 viewsgrumpy

Bojo, wake me up before you go-go! on 18:34 - Apr 14 by 1885_SFC

Starmer has the charisma of a flip-flop. Nobody knows what he's all about because he doesn't know himself! Here's an example; the government today said they're shipping migrants off to Rwanda. As usual, Starmer is all over the news saying the plan is terrible - simply awful. But as usual, Starmer has no answer to the problem himself because Labout don't know what their plan is on immigration! They don't have one. He's clueless. And if he does have a plan - he'll eventually let you know what it is... albeit a few weeks from now.

The only thing Starmer has ever said that's made total sense is that he'd keep Britain's Trident nuclear programme.

Starmer has had views on immigration, working closer with the French for one.
Something Patel failed to do.
Now the answer is to send some at great expense to Rwanda, when I first heard that I thought it was a sick joke.
Bojo, wake me up before you go-go! on 21:37 - Apr 14 with 1976 views1885_SFC

Let's be honest; have a good long think about British politics at the moment... ... ... and it really is shít. I can't recall the last time we had such a bunch of dull, inept, uninspiring politicians to choose from - whatever your colours.

Old School is Cool

Bojo, wake me up before you go-go! on 23:58 - Apr 14 with 1921 viewskentsouthampton

Bojo, wake me up before you go-go! on 23:59 - Apr 14 with 1920 viewskentsouthampton

Bojo, wake me up before you go-go! on 21:32 - Apr 14 by grumpy

Now the answer is to send some at great expense to Rwanda, when I first heard that I thought it was a sick joke.

I think spending £1.4 million per person by sending them halfway round the world is a fantastic idea, don't you?
They should put it on a bus - We used to spend 350 million a week on being in the EU, let's spend that much every day sending people halfway around the world.
Bojo, wake me up before you go-go! on 08:33 - Apr 15 with 1846 viewsBazza

Bojo, wake me up before you go-go! on 23:59 - Apr 14 by kentsouthampton

I think spending £1.4 million per person by sending them halfway round the world is a fantastic idea, don't you?
They should put it on a bus - We used to spend 350 million a week on being in the EU, let's spend that much every day sending people halfway around the world.

Kent, Tell us your solution to the ever increasing numbers of mostly single men boating onto our shores.
Bojo, wake me up before you go-go! on 08:40 - Apr 15 with 1846 viewsMytchettSaint

Bojo, wake me up before you go-go! on 21:32 - Apr 14 by grumpy

I’m not sure what the right answer is, if you think working closer with France is that and will change things then I’d get some help.

Block 13; Curva Itchen Sud

Bojo, wake me up before you go-go! on 09:58 - Apr 15 with 1811 viewsSadoldgit

We are now becoming a nation of people traffickers. Not only that, we are going to send them to a place with an appalling human rights record. At the moment it is not possible to claim asylum without being in this country which is why so many people risk their lives in dinghies. Make it possible to process the applications abroad would be a decent start and would probably be cheaper in the long run. If we can set up a processing centre in Rwanda, why can’t we in Calais?
[Post edited 15 Apr 2022 10:21]
Bojo, wake me up before you go-go! on 11:25 - Apr 15 with 1766 viewsBazza

Bojo, wake me up before you go-go! on 23:58 - Apr 14 by kentsouthampton

Amazing you are choosing an aristocratic toff to make your point.
Login to get fewer ads

Bojo, wake me up before you go-go! on 12:58 - Apr 15 with 1761 views1885_SFC

Bojo, wake me up before you go-go! on 09:58 - Apr 15 by Sadoldgit

We are now becoming a nation of people traffickers. Not only that, we are going to send them to a place with an appalling human rights record. At the moment it is not possible to claim asylum without being in this country which is why so many people risk their lives in dinghies. Make it possible to process the applications abroad would be a decent start and would probably be cheaper in the long run. If we can set up a processing centre in Rwanda, why can’t we in Calais?

It's quite simple really. Don't come across the Channel in a dinghy - through all those safe & helpful European countries - otherwise you'll end up in Rwanda!

Seems a good idea if you ask me... and designed to put the traffickers out of business.

The Danish already have the exact same deal with Rwanda.

Old School is Cool

Bojo, wake me up before you go-go! on 13:18 - Apr 15 with 1748 viewsBerber

Bojo, wake me up before you go-go! on 09:58 - Apr 15 by Sadoldgit

And most of those making the crossing have chosen to ignore claiming asylum in every other country they have crossed. What they are doing is conducting economic migration, for which they have no special rights, and their attempts to enter the UK are illegal. If you could point out where I may be wrong about the law, both international and UK, I’d be happy to reconsider. But as you are one of the folk baying for Boris’s head on the basis of legality and precedent, I think you maybe should pay some heed to the law as applied elsewhere?
Bojo, wake me up before you go-go! on 13:38 - Apr 15 with 1750 viewsSadoldgit

Bojo, wake me up before you go-go! on 13:18 - Apr 15 by Berber

And most of those making the crossing have chosen to ignore claiming asylum in every other country they have crossed. What they are doing is conducting economic migration, for which they have no special rights, and their attempts to enter the UK are illegal. If you could point out where I may be wrong about the law, both international and UK, I’d be happy to reconsider. But as you are one of the folk baying for Boris’s head on the basis of legality and precedent, I think you maybe should pay some heed to the law as applied elsewhere?

They are not illegal. They only become illegal if they apply for asylum, are turned down and still stay here. It is not illegal to enter a country to claim asylum. Do you know each case personally? How do you know that they are economic migrants? 200 to 300 years ago we used to get rid of people we didn’t want to the colonies. We are now in the 21st century and we have started to do it again. Shameful.
You seem to assume that they are just coming here to sponge off benefits. Many have family here. Many want to come here because their second language is English. Many refugees don’t want to come here at all (surprise surprise) and settle elsewhere.
[Post edited 15 Apr 2022 13:41]
Bojo, wake me up before you go-go! on 20:54 - Apr 15 with 1691 viewsBazza

Bojo, wake me up before you go-go! on 13:38 - Apr 15 by Sadoldgit

They are not illegal. They only become illegal if they apply for asylum, are turned down and still stay here. It is not illegal to enter a country to claim asylum. Do you know each case personally? How do you know that they are economic migrants? 200 to 300 years ago we used to get rid of people we didn’t want to the colonies. We are now in the 21st century and we have started to do it again. Shameful.
You seem to assume that they are just coming here to sponge off benefits. Many have family here. Many want to come here because their second language is English. Many refugees don’t want to come here at all (surprise surprise) and settle elsewhere.

The majority of boat refugees are single men. It’s certainly an illegal act trying to enter a country without going the official controls. Last year there were a known total of 26000 a huge increase on the previous year. Think of the unavoidable administration workload let alone the extra costs of housing food and legal work. You know all this as does Starmer but where’s your better alternative suggestion ?
Strange that you added your last sentence. Why are you stating the obvious, if they didn’t want to be here they wouldn’t be on the boats.
Bojo, wake me up before you go-go! on 07:19 - Apr 16 with 1653 viewsgrumpy

Bojo, wake me up before you go-go! on 08:40 - Apr 15 by MytchettSaint

I’m not sure what the right answer is, if you think working closer with France is that and will change things then I’d get some help.

I thought Brexit was going to solve all this.
Hasn't quite worked out has it?
Bojo, wake me up before you go-go! on 08:21 - Apr 16 with 1624 viewsBazza

Bojo, wake me up before you go-go! on 07:19 - Apr 16 by grumpy

That’s a crazy comment. These boat people would have walked in before Brexit meaning a number of migrants equivalent to the size of Winchester would arrive each year with the requirements on housing, schools and nhs. Were you sleeping through that?
Bojo, wake me up before you go-go! on 09:04 - Apr 16 with 1592 viewsMytchettSaint

Bojo, wake me up before you go-go! on 07:19 - Apr 16 by grumpy

If in doubt shout brexit!

I’m assuming you think I may have voted for it?

Block 13; Curva Itchen Sud

Bojo, wake me up before you go-go! on 12:00 - Apr 16 with 1545 viewsBerber

Bojo, wake me up before you go-go! on 13:38 - Apr 15 by Sadoldgit

I haven’t made any assumptions. They do not have legitimate asylum claims by the time they reach this country, as already stated, which is why the government(s) (all in the past decades) have tried to stop it. Having family here, or speaking English are not reasons for class Ming asylum. You are still trying to pick which bits of the law you want to apply, and ignore the bits you don’t like. That is actually what Putin is doing, and it is morally corrupt.
Bojo, wake me up before you go-go! on 18:21 - Apr 16 with 1483 viewsgrumpy

Bojo, wake me up before you go-go! on 09:04 - Apr 16 by MytchettSaint

If in doubt shout brexit!

I’m assuming you think I may have voted for it?

Brexit has done nothing to stop immigration as far as those crossing the channel in boats are concerned, if anything its made it worse in my opinion.
Bojo, wake me up before you go-go! on 18:37 - Apr 16 with 1474 viewsMrangry25

at the end of the day, the whole of parliament is just filled with a bunch of self serving money grabbing useless tw*ts. They all lie, dodge the issue and never answer a question.
Bojo, wake me up before you go-go! on 09:20 - Apr 17 with 1382 viewsgrumpy

Bojo, wake me up before you go-go! on 18:37 - Apr 16 by Mrangry25

at the end of the day, the whole of parliament is just filled with a bunch of self serving money grabbing useless tw*ts. They all lie, dodge the issue and never answer a question.

I don't believe all are.
Maybe our government system needs changing.
This present government in power is the worst I have ever seen.
Bojo, wake me up before you go-go! on 08:33 - Apr 25 with 1195 viewskentsouthampton

[Post edited 25 Apr 2022 8:33]
Bojo, wake me up before you go-go! on 09:41 - Apr 25 with 1143 viewsBerber

Clever
Bojo, wake me up before you go-go! on 22:23 - May 25 with 841 viewsBerber

Sue Gray has given him a get out of jail card, “things were allowed to develop to an unacceptable level.” He has played this already, “When I was there, everything was in order (ie acceptable). I told you at the outset he would sweat this out. There is no way the standards commission can show that he “knowingly misled parliament”.
Bojo, wake me up before you go-go! on 09:55 - May 26 with 693 viewsSadoldgit

He said he takes full responsibility. He has lied again. If he had he would have resigned by now. We have this shameful excuse of a PM for a while longer sadly. The only good thing about it is that it will cost the Tories seats at the next election.
Bojo, wake me up before you go-go! on 10:30 - May 26 with 673 viewssaint901

"Politician lies" is hardly headline news.

"Politician is a low life with no honour or empathy", equally not headline news.

BJ knows that all he has to do is claim "justification" and he's going to survive.

Remember Trump claiming that a DoJ report "exonerated him" when literally the first line of that report said "The President is not exonerated..."?

We need a change in how the system works so that people like BJ can be removed more easily.

How about this.

We about 600 MPs. (Arguably 200 more than we need).

What if a third (200) of those MPs had to stand in an election every 4 years. So we'd be electing a third of Parliament three years in a row and then have a year off to allow some of the longer term stuff to be done.

It would change the party makeup and mean that those supporting BJ and the rest don't have 3 years before they face the electorate again by which time they hope things will have blown over.
Bojo, wake me up before you go-go! on 10:47 - May 26 with 657 viewsSadoldgit

Bojo, wake me up before you go-go! on 10:30 - May 26 by saint901

"Politician lies" is hardly headline news.

"Politician is a low life with no honour or empathy", equally not headline news.

BJ knows that all he has to do is claim "justification" and he's going to survive.

Remember Trump claiming that a DoJ report "exonerated him" when literally the first line of that report said "The President is not exonerated..."?

We need a change in how the system works so that people like BJ can be removed more easily.

How about this.

We about 600 MPs. (Arguably 200 more than we need).

What if a third (200) of those MPs had to stand in an election every 4 years. So we'd be electing a third of Parliament three years in a row and then have a year off to allow some of the longer term stuff to be done.

It would change the party makeup and mean that those supporting BJ and the rest don't have 3 years before they face the electorate again by which time they hope things will have blown over.

Politicians are very good at not answering questions and being “economical with the truth” but these things are different to outright lying. Johnson lies consistently to the extent that you would be foolish to believe anything he says at all. The point here is that deliberately misleading Parliament is a resigning matter. To say that there were no parties and if there were, he didn’t attend, has been proved to be utter bol locks. The fact that a) he hasn’t resigned and b) his party haven’t thrown him out yet shows how low we have sunk as a country.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024