Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bojo, wake me up before you go-go! 14:01 - Apr 12 with 10197 viewsSadoldgit

Surely nowJohnson must resign?! He has broken the law and lied to Parliament. It is time for him to go and to take his Chancellor with him.
[Post edited 12 Apr 2022 14:01]
Bojo, wake me up before you go-go! on 10:50 - May 26 with 1214 viewsBazza

Bojo, wake me up before you go-go! on 10:47 - May 26 by Sadoldgit

Politicians are very good at not answering questions and being “economical with the truth” but these things are different to outright lying. Johnson lies consistently to the extent that you would be foolish to believe anything he says at all. The point here is that deliberately misleading Parliament is a resigning matter. To say that there were no parties and if there were, he didn’t attend, has been proved to be utter bol locks. The fact that a) he hasn’t resigned and b) his party haven’t thrown him out yet shows how low we have sunk as a country.

I agree. Starmer lied so he must go too, correct?
Bojo, wake me up before you go-go! on 13:17 - May 26 with 1162 viewssaint901

If we excluded every MP who was guilty of lying - misrepresentng - being economical with the truth - etc, we'd have less than 100 left.

The problem is they know the sanction for getting caught is almost farcical.

If there was a standards body, in which the majority of those able to assess any given situation were not MPs, not Civil Servants but say elected members of the public, and they had power to remove an MP and order a by election, within 2 years there would be anarchy.

Most of us have no time for politics unless it's shouting at the TV when they lie or casting a vote (usually the same way our parents did) every 5 years.

Those interested enough in politics to take part in local elections are almost all aligned with a party and almost all compromised in some fashion by the party line. Finding truly independent souls able to sit in judgement over MPs is very difficult.

But until an MP who lied - not just to Parliament but to anybody - knows that they could be swiftly kicked out, they will carry on.
Bojo, wake me up before you go-go! on 13:35 - May 26 with 1142 viewsSadoldgit

Bojo, wake me up before you go-go! on 13:17 - May 26 by saint901

If we excluded every MP who was guilty of lying - misrepresentng - being economical with the truth - etc, we'd have less than 100 left.

The problem is they know the sanction for getting caught is almost farcical.

If there was a standards body, in which the majority of those able to assess any given situation were not MPs, not Civil Servants but say elected members of the public, and they had power to remove an MP and order a by election, within 2 years there would be anarchy.

Most of us have no time for politics unless it's shouting at the TV when they lie or casting a vote (usually the same way our parents did) every 5 years.

Those interested enough in politics to take part in local elections are almost all aligned with a party and almost all compromised in some fashion by the party line. Finding truly independent souls able to sit in judgement over MPs is very difficult.

But until an MP who lied - not just to Parliament but to anybody - knows that they could be swiftly kicked out, they will carry on.

That is the thing though, when MPs have been caught deliberately lying to Parliament, they resign. Or not in Johnson’s case.
Bojo, wake me up before you go-go! on 13:37 - May 26 with 1141 viewssaint901

Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely.
Bojo, wake me up before you go-go! on 14:36 - May 26 with 1112 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

Bojo, wake me up before you go-go! on 11:25 - Apr 15 by Bazza

Amazing you are choosing an aristocratic toff to make your point.

Benn famously renounced his life peerage that his father was given, and it took him a while - as he wanted to serve as an MP, not a Lord.

His ancestor William Benn helped out the poor, and prisoners, and helped to get rid of the corrupt ministers and schoolmasters of his day. For all his hard work, he was expelled by the Act of Uniformity, himself being fined and locked up for preaching and assisting lifes strugglers.

Another ancestor, Josiah Wedgewood was a big player in stopping the atlantic slave trade to the UK.

Just because you have a bit of fame in the family, you don't have to be a badd-ass. Benn was one of the lone voices on TV during the war in Iraq saying it was illegal.

Poll: Is Southampton FC a big club. Where do they rank?

Bojo, wake me up before you go-go! on 16:34 - May 26 with 1066 viewsBazza

Bojo, wake me up before you go-go! on 14:36 - May 26 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

Benn famously renounced his life peerage that his father was given, and it took him a while - as he wanted to serve as an MP, not a Lord.

His ancestor William Benn helped out the poor, and prisoners, and helped to get rid of the corrupt ministers and schoolmasters of his day. For all his hard work, he was expelled by the Act of Uniformity, himself being fined and locked up for preaching and assisting lifes strugglers.

Another ancestor, Josiah Wedgewood was a big player in stopping the atlantic slave trade to the UK.

Just because you have a bit of fame in the family, you don't have to be a badd-ass. Benn was one of the lone voices on TV during the war in Iraq saying it was illegal.

All true and well researched. Pity others on here seem to criticise people solely because of their personal wealth and/or good education eg Sunak.
Bojo, wake me up before you go-go! on 20:34 - May 26 with 1009 viewsSadoldgit

Bojo, wake me up before you go-go! on 16:34 - May 26 by Bazza

All true and well researched. Pity others on here seem to criticise people solely because of their personal wealth and/or good education eg Sunak.

To be fair I don’t think that Sunak was criticised because if his wealth. It really didn’t go down well that his super wealthy other half avoided paying tax as a supposed non dom.
Bojo, wake me up before you go-go! on 17:02 - May 27 with 902 viewsBazza

Bojo, wake me up before you go-go! on 20:34 - May 26 by Sadoldgit

To be fair I don’t think that Sunak was criticised because if his wealth. It really didn’t go down well that his super wealthy other half avoided paying tax as a supposed non dom.

Nothing illegal in that. Just envy. If you’re rich enough your financial advisor would recommend it! Who doesn’t avoid paying more tax if they can legally.
Login to get fewer ads

Bojo, wake me up before you go-go! on 18:00 - May 27 with 871 viewsSadoldgit

Bojo, wake me up before you go-go! on 17:02 - May 27 by Bazza

Nothing illegal in that. Just envy. If you’re rich enough your financial advisor would recommend it! Who doesn’t avoid paying more tax if they can legally.

Fair point, but not a good look if both you and your wife are mega rich and you are Chancellor of the Exchequer (and your wife isn’t actually a non dom) and the country is going down the toilet financially.
Bojo, wake me up before you go-go! on 18:55 - May 27 with 843 viewsBazza

Bojo, wake me up before you go-go! on 18:00 - May 27 by Sadoldgit

Fair point, but not a good look if both you and your wife are mega rich and you are Chancellor of the Exchequer (and your wife isn’t actually a non dom) and the country is going down the toilet financially.

She is a non dom and pays for the privilege each year and pays tax on her Uk income though an Indian citizen with big Indian income. It’s complicated so I see why anyone I might think she’s not a non dom. Don’t confuse with a dominatrix though that would cast a different light on Rishi!
Bojo, wake me up before you go-go! on 19:06 - May 27 with 829 viewsBerber

Bojo, wake me up before you go-go! on 18:00 - May 27 by Sadoldgit

So when the economy takes a dip, it is the fault of the rich, who must be punished? If it isn’t a good look, that is purely down to the perspective of the viewer, not the actual situation.
Bojo, wake me up before you go-go! on 22:28 - May 27 with 775 viewsSadoldgit

Bojo, wake me up before you go-go! on 19:06 - May 27 by Berber

So when the economy takes a dip, it is the fault of the rich, who must be punished? If it isn’t a good look, that is purely down to the perspective of the viewer, not the actual situation.

When have I said it is the fault of the rich? It is the fault of the systems we put in place to run our country economically. I don’t think it is unreasonable that those who are fortunate enough to be at the top of the financial tree pay more in taxes than those at the bottom. When you have people who own several homes, cars etc and others who have to make a choice between eating or heating their home, perhaps the system isn’t working so well, I don’t know about you, but I get the feeling that the people who are making decisions that affect us all really have no clue how us ordinary people live.
Bojo, wake me up before you go-go! on 06:20 - May 28 with 722 viewscocklebreath

Multi millionaire with 5 houses gets 5 fuel grants that they won’t even notice, this is deffo good use of the energy firm windfall tax, we’ll done.

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Bojo, wake me up before you go-go! on 08:44 - May 28 with 689 viewsSalisburySaint

Bojo, wake me up before you go-go! on 06:20 - May 28 by cocklebreath

Multi millionaire with 5 houses gets 5 fuel grants that they won’t even notice, this is deffo good use of the energy firm windfall tax, we’ll done.

Poor dears are probably being hit hard by the current cost of living crisis, the cost of caviar has gone through the roof 🤪
Bojo, wake me up before you go-go! on 09:35 - May 28 with 661 viewsSaintsforeverj

Bojo, wake me up before you go-go! on 06:20 - May 28 by cocklebreath

Yep, this is the problem with such a policy. Footballers on 100 grand a week, millionaires and billionaires will be getting help with the cost of living! Not sure what the answer is, as it costs more to work out who is entitled than to just pay each household.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Bojo, wake me up before you go-go! on 09:10 - May 29 with 563 viewsBerber

Bojo, wake me up before you go-go! on 13:35 - May 26 by Sadoldgit

That is the thing though, when MPs have been caught deliberately lying to Parliament, they resign. Or not in Johnson’s case.

I know that these forums are about opinions, but given your background in justice, don’t you think that proven facts need to be evident, rather than half baked media allegations? Isn’t there a due process being undertaken for this? Where is the proof that BJ has deliberately lied to parliament?

Both the police and the Gray report did not find him guilty apart from his birthday gathering, which was no wild party. This, despite hundreds of evidence statements and photographs take by people who were actually there. He is able to claim without serious challenge, that when he attended these events, rules were being followed. He is also quite clearly able to claim that he trusted senior civil servants (who should be trustworthy) when they told him that’s rules were being adhered to.

Nobody surely expects the PM to be scuttling about his place of work just in case he is being deceived by the staff? The Pms flat is above no.11, so technically, he wasn’t actually on the premises.

I think the bloke is a snake oil salesman, but 70’s style police “fitting up” is not the way to get rid of him.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024