Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Renew my ST or not? 12:35 - May 19 with 5965 viewssaint901

Plus side:

Supported the team since the early 60's
We have a couple of decent individual players
Occasionally upset the big teams
New owners may mean a couple of new players
Promoted teams look to have limited quality which helps us avoid relegation
Not interested and don't watch other teams on TV

Negative side:

Inconsistent form without explanation
Sometimes think the players/manager don't care so long as we stay up
Minimum five hour round trip often in heavy traffic (I live 20 miles away)
Frustration with managers tactics/use of subs/commitment
TV schedules moving games to inconvenient times
Can get tickets on an ad hoc basis if needed

Cost is manageable but at north of £35 a game, plus fuel, parking, etc, is it value for money given that for at least half the home games I leave fuming at an unnecessary loss or gifting the opposition a goal or stubborn refusals to react to the opposition? Do I need that in my life no matter how much I want the team to do well?
Renew my ST or not? on 06:53 - May 28 with 1392 viewsRednWight

A few years ago as we plunged to the depths of 3rd division , or whatever it’s called now we had this discussion
A wise man said, No matter what league we are in or what the football is like it’s got to be better than Tesco with the wife on a Saturday afternoon
I renewed

The older I get the better I was
Poll: Cortese. Would we have him back

Renew my ST or not? on 20:01 - May 29 with 1174 viewsdwayne_dibley

Renew my ST or not? on 06:53 - May 28 by RednWight

A few years ago as we plunged to the depths of 3rd division , or whatever it’s called now we had this discussion
A wise man said, No matter what league we are in or what the football is like it’s got to be better than Tesco with the wife on a Saturday afternoon
I renewed

There speaks a very wise hubby

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

Renew my ST or not? on 00:07 - Jun 1 with 1059 viewsTimSaint

So the ST renewal deadline has now passed.

I renewed (x2) and so did the rest of our group. Of all the ST holders I know, only 1 was not renewing and that was more down to work commitments than anything else. He will still go to about 5 or 6 homes and probably a similar number of aways.

Anyone not renewed ? Or delaying to see what summer activity there is on the transfer front ?

TimSaint

Renew my ST or not? on 09:06 - Jun 1 with 991 viewsChesham_Saint

Renew my ST or not? on 00:07 - Jun 1 by TimSaint

I renewed (x2) and so did the rest of our group. Of all the ST holders I know, only 1 was not renewing and that was more down to work commitments than anything else. He will still go to about 5 or 6 homes and probably a similar number of aways.

Anyone not renewed ? Or delaying to see what summer activity there is on the transfer front ?

I did renew, but for the first time using the staged payment facility on the basis that it gave me some sort of quasi protest comfort.

The way they’re fvcking up with Forster is already making my toes curl however….

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Renew my ST or not? on 09:15 - Jun 1 with 984 viewsMytchettSaint

Renew my ST or not? on 00:07 - Jun 1 by TimSaint

My wife went ahead and renewed ours. I wasn’t going to bother.

Block 13; Curva Itchen Sud

Renew my ST or not? on 09:28 - Jun 1 with 974 viewsChesham_Saint

Renew my ST or not? on 09:15 - Jun 1 by MytchettSaint

There’s a joke in there somewhere Mytch about your wife being a real glutton for punishment.

You AND Saints?

Renew my ST or not? on 10:02 - Jun 1 with 966 viewsBerber

Renew my ST or not? on 09:15 - Jun 1 by MytchettSaint

You could always do the Tesco shopping instead?
Renew my ST or not? on 10:22 - Jun 1 with 957 viewsMytchettSaint

Renew my ST or not? on 10:02 - Jun 1 by Berber

You could always do the Tesco shopping instead?

Who goes to the shops anymore? How very 20 years ago!

Login to get fewer ads

Renew my ST or not? on 10:26 - Jun 1 with 950 viewsMytchettSaint

Renew my ST or not? on 09:28 - Jun 1 by Chesham_Saint

There’s a joke in there somewhere Mytch about your wife being a real glutton for punishment.

You AND Saints?

My wife works shifts so the ST’s are shared between me, her and my two sons. Due to her shifts she didn’t make a game after the Norwich game. If she had, she might have heeded my warning…

Renew my ST or not? on 17:01 - Jun 1 with 910 viewsChesham_Saint

Renew my ST or not? on 10:26 - Jun 1 by MytchettSaint

My wife works shifts so the ST’s are shared between me, her and my two sons. Due to her shifts she didn’t make a game after the Norwich game. If she had, she might have heeded my warning…

That’s a very civilised arrangement you have. 😇

Renew my ST or not? on 17:41 - Jun 1 with 887 viewsElijahK

Renew my ST or not? on 09:06 - Jun 1 by Chesham_Saint

I did renew, but for the first time using the staged payment facility on the basis that it gave me some sort of quasi protest comfort.

The way they’re fvcking up with Forster is already making my toes curl however….

How did the club f*ck up with Forster? As he’s not PL quality whatsoever, yet wanted the wages of one, yet if we can get Pope in (which it seems like we might seeing how we’re favourites to get him now), he’s certainly better and would probably cost us less than Forster did for wages.
So I really don’t see how the clubs messed up with him whatsoever, as even if we don’t get him, there’s a few other keepers were being linked with

Poll: Should the football be on again next weekend

Renew my ST or not? on 17:49 - Jun 1 with 881 viewsChesham_Saint

Renew my ST or not? on 17:41 - Jun 1 by ElijahK

How did the club f*ck up with Forster? As he’s not PL quality whatsoever, yet wanted the wages of one, yet if we can get Pope in (which it seems like we might seeing how we’re favourites to get him now), he’s certainly better and would probably cost us less than Forster did for wages.
So I really don’t see how the clubs messed up with him whatsoever, as even if we don’t get him, there’s a few other keepers were being linked with

Did you go to the Arsenal home match? Without a string of world class saves from Forster we’d have lost and been teetering on the brink. The way the team played in the last quarter of the season we’d have gone down.

Pope (if we get him) is better yes, but if not we are left with McCarthy who in comparison is a hapless flapper. Basically, if FF is good enough for England and the NLYs he’s good enough for us.

Renew my ST or not? on 18:02 - Jun 1 with 870 viewsSaintsforeverj

Renew my ST or not? on 17:41 - Jun 1 by ElijahK

He means we should have kept Forster as our reserve goalkeeper and also buy Pope. That way we have great competition for places. Forster has been excellent in many games this season. Instead we are keeping McCarthy who is useless, so no competition for whoever we bring in. He's cheaper you see.
[Post edited 1 Jun 2022 18:03]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Renew my ST or not? on 19:26 - Jun 1 with 844 viewsBerber

Renew my ST or not? on 10:22 - Jun 1 by MytchettSaint

Who goes to the shops anymore? How very 20 years ago!

Renew my ST or not? on 19:58 - Jun 1 with 833 viewsElijahK

Renew my ST or not? on 17:49 - Jun 1 by Chesham_Saint

Did you go to the Arsenal home match? Without a string of world class saves from Forster we’d have lost and been teetering on the brink. The way the team played in the last quarter of the season we’d have gone down.

Pope (if we get him) is better yes, but if not we are left with McCarthy who in comparison is a hapless flapper. Basically, if FF is good enough for England and the NLYs he’s good enough for us.

Did you go to Newcastle at home before the lockdowns all started? As McCarthy was amazing in that game, but the fact is that he doesn’t perform consistently at that level. And it’s the exact same with Forster, as he was dreadful against Wolves, yet great against Arsenal, as he (like every other player) has his amazing and abysmal games. But on average, he was certainly the best we had, but still no where near the PL quality you’d want/expect from a keeper asking for the wages he wanted.
And even if you do wanna argue that he is PL quality, his performance against Arsenal is what Pope does most weeks, and no one with any knowledge of both keepers could deny that Pope is a better keeper by millers in all departments.

And even if we don’t get pope, it’s a fact that we will get a new keeper, meaning that McCarthy won’t be starting in goal for our first game of the season.
And he only got picked for England duty as all the other main keepers were injured, as he’s not played a game for England since 2016, so he might as well have not gone with the squad for the last set of international games. And Spurs wise, he’ll just be on the bench for any competitive game where spurs have any fear of loosing, meaning that he’ll play like 6 games for them next season (unless Lloris gets injured that is).

As Forster left us as he wanted a decent wage, which for what he’s worth, he was never gonna get. And seeing of who we’ve got lined up to replace him, I can’t see any benefits whatsoever over keeping him. As McCarthy was worse, definitely, but he’s getting paid what he should be, and is gonna be on the bench/a reserve keeper next season, which is why he’s stated and Forsters gone.

Renew my ST or not? on 20:01 - Jun 1 with 829 viewsElijahK

Renew my ST or not? on 18:02 - Jun 1 by Saintsforeverj

He means we should have kept Forster as our reserve goalkeeper and also buy Pope. That way we have great competition for places. Forster has been excellent in many games this season. Instead we are keeping McCarthy who is useless, so no competition for whoever we bring in. He's cheaper you see.
[Post edited 1 Jun 2022 18:03]

Yeah but why would you pay that much to a bench keeper? As when he signed his last contract with us, he was our highest paid player, and was our second highest paid player last season. And from what the media have said, we did offer him a contract, but as he was gonna be on the bench, a subs goalies wage. And he didn’t except that, which is exactly why he’s joined spurs as they will pay him that. So fair play to the club for letting him go, as there’s a reason why we tried sending him out on loan soo many times after he lost the number 1 spot

Renew my ST or not? on 10:20 - Jun 2 with 785 viewssaintwizzler

Renewed and moved back to The Kingsland Stand Block 30.
First of ten payments left my account yesterday.
Here’s hoping for a good season.
From the moment ‘Danger Zone’ by Kenny Loggins is played until the time I leave the stadium the players will have 100% support from myself.

WE MARCH ON

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024