Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Transfer deadline day thread 14:10 - Aug 31 with 5169 viewsElijahK

Certainly been some interesting rumours around the ins and outs for us, but we all should know by the end of today of which we’re true and which were the usual medias BS!

On the exits side, I’ve heard that Villa and West Ham are going for Bednerak, Bournemouth and Watford are supposedly interested in Stephens, Leicester for McCarthy and that Spanish team for Romeu.

With new signings though, I’ve heard that we’ve pretty much got the two city youth players, but what about those PSV and benfica strikers, as well as Maitland-Nile’s and Man U’s Ganer?

Anyone heard about anyone else who might be joining/leaving today?

Poll: Should the football be on again next weekend

Transfer deadline day thread on 14:21 - Aug 31 with 3580 viewsSpringhill_old_boy

Benfica striker seems no chance unless they buy out his clause of 60 M€ .. He is currently first choice striker and as they sold Darwin and qualified for the champions league then the books are more or less balanced (Added to that they just sold the Ukranian striker Yaramchuk yesterday)

Sky sports are also taking about Stuey Armstrong being for the offski ???
Transfer deadline day thread on 14:23 - Aug 31 with 3564 viewsPatfromPoole

Boscombe are very short of CB's; we could definitely help them out there...........

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Transfer deadline day thread on 14:26 - Aug 31 with 3549 viewsElijahK

Transfer deadline day thread on 14:21 - Aug 31 by Springhill_old_boy

Benfica striker seems no chance unless they buy out his clause of 60 M€ .. He is currently first choice striker and as they sold Darwin and qualified for the champions league then the books are more or less balanced (Added to that they just sold the Ukranian striker Yaramchuk yesterday)

Not seen anything about Stuey? Who is it that’s supposedly interested in signing him?

Still I have just head that there’s supposedly a few clubs interested in that keeper we signed (Lis), as I know we wanted to loan him out, and seems like quite a few are wanting him on loan which should be a decent deal for high sides

Transfer deadline day thread on 14:26 - Aug 31 with 3549 viewsPatfromPoole

Transfer deadline day thread on 14:21 - Aug 31 by Springhill_old_boy

Was yesterday our first League win since pre-COVID times when Stu Armstrong hasn't played any part in the game, or something silly like that??

Hope he isn't going; his hair has been superb this season in particular.

Transfer deadline day thread on 14:30 - Aug 31 with 3540 viewsSpringhill_old_boy

Transfer deadline day thread on 14:26 - Aug 31 by ElijahK

Not seen anything about Stuey? Who is it that’s supposedly interested in signing him?

Still I have just head that there’s supposedly a few clubs interested in that keeper we signed (Lis), as I know we wanted to loan him out, and seems like quite a few are wanting him on loan which should be a decent deal for high sides

"Saints in talks for Man City youth duo
Southampton are in advanced negotiations with Manchester City over the double signings of youngsters Sam Edozie and Juan Larios.

Edozie is a 19-year-old winger and Larios is a Spain U19 left-back both playing in City's academy.

The main pillar of Saints' transfer policy is to sign the best Premier League academy talent and develop them into first-team players.

The man behind that effort is Joe Shields - appointed head of recruitment earlier this year - who was previously City's head of academy recruitment and worked there for nine years.

The Saints also remain interested in Cody Gakpo and Ainsley Maitland-Niles, while they will listen to offers for Nathan Redmond, Jack Stephens, Jan Bednarek, Stuart Armstrong and Yan Valery."

https://www.skysports.com/football/live-blog/31771/12476234/transfer-centre-live

Probably Sky pulling names out of a hat ...
Transfer deadline day thread on 14:35 - Aug 31 with 3528 viewsElijahK

Transfer deadline day thread on 14:30 - Aug 31 by Springhill_old_boy

"Saints in talks for Man City youth duo
Southampton are in advanced negotiations with Manchester City over the double signings of youngsters Sam Edozie and Juan Larios.

Edozie is a 19-year-old winger and Larios is a Spain U19 left-back both playing in City's academy.

The main pillar of Saints' transfer policy is to sign the best Premier League academy talent and develop them into first-team players.

The man behind that effort is Joe Shields - appointed head of recruitment earlier this year - who was previously City's head of academy recruitment and worked there for nine years.

The Saints also remain interested in Cody Gakpo and Ainsley Maitland-Niles, while they will listen to offers for Nathan Redmond, Jack Stephens, Jan Bednarek, Stuart Armstrong and Yan Valery."

https://www.skysports.com/football/live-blog/31771/12476234/transfer-centre-live

Probably Sky pulling names out of a hat ...

Yeah as Bednerak and probably 1 or 2 of those that they named will be gone by tomorrow night, but I don’t think Stuey or Valery (although sending him out on loan wouldn’t necessarily be bad thing) will be as I’ve heard nothing about them going and I don’t see any reasons at all as to why the club would wanna get rid of Stuey.

Still just seen a few more articles connecting us to that Burnley midfielder, josh brownhill, although still very few rumours about us going for any strikers when really that’s probably the one position we do need most.

As we still need another box to bid midfielder, striker, winger and also a centre half and holding midfielder if Romeu and Bednerak went

Transfer deadline day thread on 14:56 - Aug 31 with 3488 viewsBerber

I thought it was tomorrow, 1st September?
Transfer deadline day thread on 15:00 - Aug 31 with 3481 viewsElijahK

Transfer deadline day thread on 14:56 - Aug 31 by Berber

I thought it was tomorrow, 1st September?

Yeah it ends tomorrow at 11pm, although when I first did this thread I thought it was tonight.
But still I’d of thought that any transfers that do happen tomorrow will at least have some media attention at some point today.

Login to get fewer ads

Transfer deadline day thread on 16:41 - Aug 31 with 3425 viewsdarthvader

Jack Stephens is now at Bournemouth on loan

keep the faith coyr

Transfer deadline day thread on 09:22 - Sep 1 with 3116 viewsBerber

So, just Bednarek, Walcott, Redmond and Valery to lend out at subsidised wages then?
Transfer deadline day thread on 09:47 - Sep 1 with 3059 viewsdirk_doone

Transfer deadline day thread on 09:22 - Sep 1 by Berber

So, just Bednarek, Walcott, Redmond and Valery to lend out at subsidised wages then?

We never managed to get rid of McCarthy either although we've found a French club willing to take Lis on loan.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Transfer deadline day thread on 09:56 - Sep 1 with 3036 viewssolent_toffee

Everton are to announce Garner from United imminently by all accounts.

They’ve also been linked with some young lad from Porto that I’d never heard of until ten minutes ago but will be absolutely fkin livid if they don’t sign him.

You have to love transfer window day, especially watching absolute pr1cks on SSN spouting utter drivel claiming to be ITK. The fact they make a living out of it is obscene.
Transfer deadline day thread on 11:35 - Sep 1 with 2909 viewsButty101

Transfer deadline day thread on 09:56 - Sep 1 by solent_toffee

Everton are to announce Garner from United imminently by all accounts.

They’ve also been linked with some young lad from Porto that I’d never heard of until ten minutes ago but will be absolutely fkin livid if they don’t sign him.

You have to love transfer window day, especially watching absolute pr1cks on SSN spouting utter drivel claiming to be ITK. The fact they make a living out of it is obscene.

I would like to see Saints get Garner, sounds like a top prospect.

Incoming defender for Saints Duje Caleta-Car.

Possibly 2 more man city youths.

Great to see us active

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Transfer deadline day thread on 11:37 - Sep 1 with 2908 viewsdwayne_dibley

Transfer deadline day thread on 14:23 - Aug 31 by PatfromPoole

Boscombe are very short of CB's; we could definitely help them out there...........

or not, why would we given their attitude to Saints

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

Transfer deadline day thread on 11:55 - Sep 1 with 2873 viewsdarthvader

Transfer deadline day thread on 11:37 - Sep 1 by dwayne_dibley

or not, why would we given their attitude to Saints

Ahh but our Jack in on a secret mission, well not so secret now I've spilt the beans, to ruin any thoughts of improvement from within.

keep the faith coyr

Transfer deadline day thread on 12:48 - Sep 1 with 2823 viewsdwayne_dibley

Transfer deadline day thread on 11:55 - Sep 1 by darthvader

Ahh but our Jack in on a secret mission, well not so secret now I've spilt the beans, to ruin any thoughts of improvement from within.

you have blown Agent Jack's cover, although he is pretty invisible on the pitch

Transfer deadline day thread on 12:53 - Sep 1 with 2810 viewsdwayne_dibley

Southampton's Valery heading to France

Southampton defender Yan Valery is on his way to France to undergo a medical with Ligue 1 club Angers.

The clubs are still discussing whether this deal will be a loan or permanent switch.

Sky Sports News has reported that Valery could leave Southampton if they signed a new right-back and/or right centre-back.

Saints are now closing in on Marseille's Duje Caleta-Car and are getting set to announce Arsenal's Ainsley Maitland-Niles.

Southampton are also close to completing the double signing of Manchester City youngsters Sam Edozie and Juan Larios.

Transfer deadline day thread on 13:20 - Sep 1 with 2769 viewsPatfromPoole

Still need a striker…..

Transfer deadline day thread on 13:38 - Sep 1 with 2731 views1885_SFC

Maxence Lacroix incoming apparently - CB from Wolfsburg.

Old School is Cool

Transfer deadline day thread on 14:25 - Sep 1 with 2675 viewsButty101

Transfer deadline day thread on 13:38 - Sep 1 by 1885_SFC

Maxence Lacroix incoming apparently - CB from Wolfsburg.

Yan Valery gone!

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Transfer deadline day thread on 16:57 - Sep 1 with 2529 viewsBerber

Transfer deadline day thread on 14:25 - Sep 1 by Butty101

Yan Valery gone!

Yay!!!
Transfer deadline day thread on 17:19 - Sep 1 with 2494 viewsdarthvader

Transfer deadline day thread on 16:57 - Sep 1 by Berber

Yay!!!

The defender from Marseilles is having a medical. 10 million quid

keep the faith coyr

Transfer deadline day thread on 17:26 - Sep 1 with 2467 viewsdarthvader

Transfer deadline day thread on 17:19 - Sep 1 by darthvader

The defender from Marseilles is having a medical. 10 million quid

With bednerak having medical at villa.

Not a bad upgrade I say.
[Post edited 1 Sep 2022 17:27]

keep the faith coyr

Transfer deadline day thread on 17:38 - Sep 1 with 2413 viewsBerber

Transfer deadline day thread on 17:26 - Sep 1 by darthvader

With bednerak having medical at villa.

Not a bad upgrade I say.
[Post edited 1 Sep 2022 17:27]

For what Bednarek has done over the past 12 months, I’d say even JS was an upgrade, but our signings so far have been sound decisions, so hopefully, this lad will be too.
Transfer deadline day thread on 17:43 - Sep 1 with 2396 viewsdarthvader

Transfer deadline day thread on 17:38 - Sep 1 by Berber

For what Bednarek has done over the past 12 months, I’d say even JS was an upgrade, but our signings so far have been sound decisions, so hopefully, this lad will be too.

Plus it looks like the two young lads from man city are in the queue to sign tonight too

keep the faith coyr

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024