Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Decent Game 17:28 - Oct 1 with 2943 viewssolent_toffee

Two good sides, I thought the best team won, particularly based on the first half.

Anyway, I’m off to the pub, have a good evening
Decent Game on 17:37 - Oct 1 with 2866 viewsbarry_sanchez

Two poor sides from what I saw, we offer nothing and that is why I am not arsed if we go down, we lose 70% of the games we play so its dry humping a lot of the time, whats the point? At least in the Championship we're going for something ie promotion, what are we doing in the premier league? Nothing and we contribute nothing.

He who is silent and bows his head dies every time he does so. He who speaks aloud and walks with his head held high dies only once. —Giovanni Falcone
Poll: What is your favourite poll?

Decent Game on 17:53 - Oct 1 with 2811 views1teeminants

Fukin garbage game two crap sides. The sooner that prick Ralph goes the better . With these results over the last 2 seasons he wouldn’t have lasted at another premier league club so why should we put up with such rubbish. ?
[Post edited 1 Oct 2022 17:57]

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Decent Game on 20:01 - Oct 1 with 2613 viewsPatfromPoole

Two very poor sides.

Same as our previous two games.

We have to get at least a point out of dross like that.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Decent Game on 20:02 - Oct 1 with 2609 viewsdirk_doone

Easy for you to say.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Decent Game on 21:16 - Oct 1 with 2514 viewssaint68

It was devoid of passion intensity and cohesion..a typical wànk performance from a team governed by a complete bellend...

Enjoy the 3 points Toffs...

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

Decent Game on 01:06 - Oct 2 with 2343 viewssaintpaz

nothing happened in the 1st half, I was there lol. Adams with a slight chance and Toffees had a couple of semi-close calls and a few corners but honestly nothing to shout about
Decent Game on 08:41 - Oct 2 with 2192 views1ASIN12

Two good sides? not sure many would agree with you there.
Decent Game on 09:14 - Oct 2 with 2143 viewssolent_toffee

Decent Game on 08:41 - Oct 2 by 1ASIN12

Two good sides? not sure many would agree with you there.

I think Everton are a decent side and much improved on previous season with a lot more character and leadership in the side. They have a top drawer keeper, two cracking Centre half’s, a brand new midfield full of energy and exciting wide players, with lots of options on the bench. They are crying out for DCL to come back or a second striker. But I’m very happy with what Lampard is doing.

As a neutral, I think Saints are doing okay and are a clear work in progress. That was the most unrecognizable Saints team I’ve seen in years, I’d only seen a handful of players before and it’s clear they they have got moved on a lot of players and replaced them with younger ones. Kotchap looks a players, Larios looks decent and Aribo looks very good. The lad from City should have come on earlier or started as he looks a massive threat. Saints are very much a work in progress though but they aren’t terrible despite the impression you’d get from coming on here.
Login to get fewer ads

Decent Game on 09:32 - Oct 2 with 2102 viewssaintwizzler

Everton have leaders.
Three at the back in Pickford, Coady and Tarkowski.

Southampton have none.
JWP isn’t a captain.
Good player but not a captain.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Decent Game on 09:38 - Oct 2 with 2082 viewsfelly1

Decent Game on 09:14 - Oct 2 by solent_toffee

I think Everton are a decent side and much improved on previous season with a lot more character and leadership in the side. They have a top drawer keeper, two cracking Centre half’s, a brand new midfield full of energy and exciting wide players, with lots of options on the bench. They are crying out for DCL to come back or a second striker. But I’m very happy with what Lampard is doing.

As a neutral, I think Saints are doing okay and are a clear work in progress. That was the most unrecognizable Saints team I’ve seen in years, I’d only seen a handful of players before and it’s clear they they have got moved on a lot of players and replaced them with younger ones. Kotchap looks a players, Larios looks decent and Aribo looks very good. The lad from City should have come on earlier or started as he looks a massive threat. Saints are very much a work in progress though but they aren’t terrible despite the impression you’d get from coming on here.

Everything in the garden is rosy after a win.
Fair play to you Solent Toffee. You've woken up feeling all good about your team and yes Everton have got the makings of a much improved side compared to last year.
Like us you lack a quality striker, the main difference was we looked like lightweight and naive compared to your more battle hardened and bigger stronger players.
Bottom line is your club payed out the big dosh in transfers and wages which will secure your Prem gig status and a probable mid table finish if you get a goalscorer.
Decent Game on 09:40 - Oct 2 with 2078 viewsfelly1

Fair play to you Solent Toffee. You've woken up feeling all good about your team and yes Everton have got the makings of a much improved side compared to last year.
Like us you lack a quality striker, the main difference was we looked like lightweight and naive compared to your more battle hardened and bigger stronger players.
Bottom line is your club payed out the big dosh in transfers and wages which will secure your Prem gig status and a probable mid table finish if you get a goalscorer.
Decent Game on 09:45 - Oct 2 with 2067 viewsfelly1

Decent Game on 09:51 - Oct 2 with 2040 viewssolent_toffee

Decent Game on 09:45 - Oct 2 by felly1

I agree with you there. I thought especially in the first half Everton players looked bigger, stronger and second half they had that little bit more know how which comes from experience.

I think the lack of experience could be Saints downfall, strange to see Romeu leave as he was one player who always played well against Everton and used to run the midfield, he’s a proper, clever snide too which was missed yesterday.

It will be a big season for JWP. He really need to step up as the captain, senior player. He was always on the peripherals yesterday.
Decent Game on 10:27 - Oct 2 with 1970 views1teeminants

Try watching them week in week out mate. You’ll change your mind for sure.

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Decent Game on 11:42 - Oct 2 with 1869 viewssolent_toffee

Decent Game on 10:27 - Oct 2 by 1teeminants

Try watching them week in week out mate. You’ll change your mind for sure.

Haha, fair enough. I know last season under Benitez was awful, a 500 mile round trip to watch a team managed by the most toxic divisive man in football.

That said it could be worse, imagine having to support this team…..

Decent Game on 12:53 - Oct 2 with 1796 viewsWints76

Think Wiz got it right above. We have some decent players, and some players that have got a very bright future ahead of them. What we need (and have needed for a few years) is a grizzled old bastard to lead them, bring them on in the way Jimmy Case brought on the likes of Le Tiss and Rod Wallace and offer them protection with a few nasty fouls and sly digs. JWP is not that sort of player (not a criticism). And yeh, someone to score

Everton had all of those things. A decent keeper, two centre backs in control using their experience and Iwobi bossing the midfield
[Post edited 2 Oct 2022 12:55]
Decent Game on 13:24 - Oct 2 with 1755 viewsPatfromPoole

Decent Game on 12:53 - Oct 2 by Wints76

Think Wiz got it right above. We have some decent players, and some players that have got a very bright future ahead of them. What we need (and have needed for a few years) is a grizzled old bastard to lead them, bring them on in the way Jimmy Case brought on the likes of Le Tiss and Rod Wallace and offer them protection with a few nasty fouls and sly digs. JWP is not that sort of player (not a criticism). And yeh, someone to score

Everton had all of those things. A decent keeper, two centre backs in control using their experience and Iwobi bossing the midfield
[Post edited 2 Oct 2022 12:55]

This sounds a little like Oriol Romeu…..

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Decent Game on 14:45 - Oct 2 with 1701 viewsWints76

Decent Game on 13:24 - Oct 2 by PatfromPoole

This sounds a little like Oriol Romeu…..

Yes, but I would say he did need replacing as I think games were starting to pass him by a bit. Lavia will hopefully do the job but the timing of Romeu's departure was unfortunate. We should have held on till January and given him the free then if that was an option
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024