Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jim McCalliog (Poor turn Out!) 13:34 - Nov 7 with 2658 viewsBLEEDRED

He is at St Marys tomorrow (8th Nov)19:30 - 23:00. To promote his autobiography, not see it advertised by the club! £30 includes a signed copy, could be a good evening, some of the 76 team will also be there.
[Post edited 9 Nov 2022 14:21]
Jim McCalliog on 16:39 - Nov 7 with 2517 viewsCapt_Koons

Thanks for posting. That's one Christmas present ticked off

Poll: If our new manager is a success, which club will he be managing in 2 years time?

Jim McCalliog on 22:46 - Nov 7 with 2433 viewsSalisburySaint

Met him selling his book in a pub in Wolverhampton after the game this season, had a great chat with him as not many people there at the time, great bloke
Jim McCalliog (Poor turn Out!) on 14:27 - Nov 9 with 2242 viewsBLEEDRED

A very poor turn out last night, if you take away family members of the ex players, there was properly no more than 30 there. It was good to listen to Jim's life in football. He is the half-time guest at St. Mary's tonight
Jim McCalliog (Poor turn Out!) on 23:11 - Nov 9 with 2021 viewsSouthSeaSaint

Blimey there were more than that at Vospers (Sholing) club last year when he did a book signing
Jim McCalliog (Poor turn Out!) on 12:21 - Nov 10 with 1823 viewsbarry_sanchez

People have had a gutful I'd suspect, also is there any other club that consistently goes on about one achievement so much? I'm glad and proud we won the FA Cup but I was one and I'm 47 now, that achievement is also an embarrassment to a club of our size having won so little.
Fans a lot younger than me struggle to relate to something that happened so long ago.

He who is silent and bows his head dies every time he does so. He who speaks aloud and walks with his head held high dies only once. —Giovanni Falcone
Poll: What is your favourite poll?

Jim McCalliog (Poor turn Out!) on 13:52 - Nov 10 with 1770 viewsTimSaint

I found out about this by chance, on the actual day of the event - so was unable to make it.
I didn't see it advertised on the Official Saints Site or on the 2 social media platforms I use. Perhaps if it had received more exposure, then more would have gone.

I just hope for Jim's sake, that he wasn't booked into one of the big function suites, with such small numbers in attendance.

TimSaint

Jim McCalliog (Poor turn Out!) on 15:29 - Nov 10 with 1704 viewsCapt_Koons

Jim McCalliog (Poor turn Out!) on 13:52 - Nov 10 by TimSaint

I found out about this by chance, on the actual day of the event - so was unable to make it.
I didn't see it advertised on the Official Saints Site or on the 2 social media platforms I use. Perhaps if it had received more exposure, then more would have gone.

I just hope for Jim's sake, that he wasn't booked into one of the big function suites, with such small numbers in attendance.

I only heard of it the day before, and nobody I talked to was aware. Nice fella, but needs to improve publicity. BTW, dies anyone know if he's doing another somewhere?

Poll: If our new manager is a success, which club will he be managing in 2 years time?

Jim McCalliog (Poor turn Out!) on 23:37 - Nov 13 with 1476 viewscocklebreath

My father in law who’s a Manc came with me and my son to the Wednesday game and nearly wet himself when he saw Jim on the pitch, said he was his hero when he was young.

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Login to get fewer ads

Jim McCalliog (Poor turn Out!) on 11:51 - Nov 14 with 1344 viewsSaintNick

Jim McCalliog (Poor turn Out!) on 23:37 - Nov 13 by cocklebreath

My father in law who’s a Manc came with me and my son to the Wednesday game and nearly wet himself when he saw Jim on the pitch, said he was his hero when he was young.

Interesting that coming from Manchester McCalliog was his hero as he only played for Manchester United 31 times the first bit as they got relegated along with us.

Bizarrely he scored from the penalty spot to give them a 1-1 draw at the Dell in April 1974 in a game that would really have wound up the away fans in home sections moaners, they had the entire Milton Road End, or at least there weren't many Saints fans, including me and a few others that got in early and found themselves surrounded by thousands of United fans all in the ground by 1.30pm

That penalty went along way to sending us down, he joined us in Feb 1975 and played against his old club United as they stormed to promotion beating us 1-0, the Red Army didn't take over the place and there was only 21,000 at the game, with Lawrie McMenemy by now the most hated man in Southampton.

Go on another year and his next appearance against United would be far more enjoyable

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Jim McCalliog (Poor turn Out!) on 16:29 - Nov 14 with 1295 viewscocklebreath

Jim McCalliog (Poor turn Out!) on 11:51 - Nov 14 by SaintNick

Interesting that coming from Manchester McCalliog was his hero as he only played for Manchester United 31 times the first bit as they got relegated along with us.

Bizarrely he scored from the penalty spot to give them a 1-1 draw at the Dell in April 1974 in a game that would really have wound up the away fans in home sections moaners, they had the entire Milton Road End, or at least there weren't many Saints fans, including me and a few others that got in early and found themselves surrounded by thousands of United fans all in the ground by 1.30pm

That penalty went along way to sending us down, he joined us in Feb 1975 and played against his old club United as they stormed to promotion beating us 1-0, the Red Army didn't take over the place and there was only 21,000 at the game, with Lawrie McMenemy by now the most hated man in Southampton.

Go on another year and his next appearance against United would be far more enjoyable

He said he saw him playing for a team before he joined Man U, not sure who and he thought he was a special player so was delighted when he joined them

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024