Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
In the Refs face 08:54 - Jan 22 with 3046 viewsCapt_Koons

After JWP 'scored' there were 11 Villa players in the refs face arguing their point. Now I'm not saying they influenced the VAR guys or the referee but it didn't hurt. I don't like to see that sort of pressure put on a ref, but seeing as it can influence the weaker refs why the fùck don't we do it ever???

Poll: If our new manager is a success, which club will he be managing in 2 years time?

In the Refs face on 09:24 - Jan 22 with 2577 viewsgrumpy

I said early on those Villa players when touched went down like a pack of cards.
The Ref should have seen that,he was weak yesterday.
In the Refs face on 11:14 - Jan 22 with 2452 viewskingslandstand1

The ref was weak yesterday, and I'd go as far as to say you are wrong Capt regarding the Villa players influencing the ref I'm afraid.

I honestly believe it did as well as influencing the VAR. For it to take that long to go to the monitor was unbelievable, Christ, we even had the announcement that it was another JWP goal to allow the celebrations to continue and I'm sure the announcers are told to delay jumping in for a while to allow any VAR decisions to take place

Wasn't it an official remit now that following incidents last season similar to that that this behaviour is to be outlawed?? Ok, one of their players got booked, but ffs, they got the desired affect and the goal was disallowed

I will fess that I haven't seen the "foul", but no way was it clear and obvious and those decisions could send us down (as well as the ineptitude of NJ of course)
In the Refs face on 12:04 - Jan 22 with 2382 viewscocklebreath

I thought when our nasty little Welsh man turned up the first thing he’d do is turn us into exactly that but it seems we are still far too nice

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

In the Refs face on 12:08 - Jan 22 with 2391 viewsChesham_Saint

And that is another reason m aking me re-evaluate why I spend so much time, money and effort on a sport where incosistency and incompetnece is everywhere and with corruption all-pervading at the very highesdt levels.

They really do think fans in general are absoulte mugs.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

In the Refs face on 16:58 - Jan 22 with 2164 viewsSFC_Referee

Unfortunately though he got all the major decisions right!
As I wasn’t at the game so can’t comment on how he was for the 90 minutes, but for what I saw on MOTD and the highlights, him and VAR got all their major decisions correct

Poll: Should Russel Martins be sacked if we don’t win playoffs

In the Refs face on 17:04 - Jan 22 with 2156 viewsgrumpy

In the Refs face on 16:58 - Jan 22 by SFC_Referee

As I wasn’t at the game so can’t comment on how he was for the 90 minutes, but for what I saw on MOTD and the highlights, him and VAR got all their major decisions correct

Villa player was hardly touched and fell over as if he was poleaxed.
In the Refs face on 17:08 - Jan 22 with 2141 viewsSFC_Referee

In the Refs face on 17:04 - Jan 22 by grumpy

Villa player was hardly touched and fell over as if he was poleaxed.

If you watch the replay again, you can see that Elynousie stamps on the back of his heel, which is why he goes down. And in todays game with VAR it was always gonna be given as a foul, which is why even the usual lot on MOTD (who always love to criticise officials) agreed that it was right

In the Refs face on 17:13 - Jan 22 with 2130 viewsSouthamptonfan

In the Refs face on 17:08 - Jan 22 by SFC_Referee

If you watch the replay again, you can see that Elynousie stamps on the back of his heel, which is why he goes down. And in todays game with VAR it was always gonna be given as a foul, which is why even the usual lot on MOTD (who always love to criticise officials) agreed that it was right

It was a foul without a doubt. It wasn't the push it was the stamp on his ankle. The ref got it right and our other goal was offside too unfortunately.
[Post edited 22 Jan 2023 17:14]

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

Login to get fewer ads

In the Refs face on 17:14 - Jan 22 with 2127 viewsCapt_Koons

In the Refs face on 16:58 - Jan 22 by SFC_Referee

You're missing the point. Wether it was or wasn't a foul isn't the point. The point is the pressure the 11 villa players mobbing the referee made sure they got the decision they wanted. Our players wouldn't have got into the refs face to put that pressure on and a different outcome may have come to pads.

Poll: If our new manager is a success, which club will he be managing in 2 years time?

In the Refs face on 17:15 - Jan 22 with 2125 viewsgrumpy

In the Refs face on 17:08 - Jan 22 by SFC_Referee

I have watched it plenty of times,yes they collided but not intentionally couldn't see Elynousie trying to stamp on the Villas players foot.The player made the most of it,you could see when he was down that all he was interested in was where the ball was,so he could roll about to get the refs attention.
In the Refs face on 17:18 - Jan 22 with 2120 viewsSouthamptonfan

In the Refs face on 17:14 - Jan 22 by Capt_Koons

You're missing the point. Wether it was or wasn't a foul isn't the point. The point is the pressure the 11 villa players mobbing the referee made sure they got the decision they wanted. Our players wouldn't have got into the refs face to put that pressure on and a different outcome may have come to pads.

Well they should get in the refs face. We are too nice.

In the Refs face on 17:20 - Jan 22 with 2117 viewsSouthamptonfan

In the Refs face on 17:15 - Jan 22 by grumpy

I have watched it plenty of times,yes they collided but not intentionally couldn't see Elynousie trying to stamp on the Villas players foot.The player made the most of it,you could see when he was down that all he was interested in was where the ball was,so he could roll about to get the refs attention.

He definitely did stamp on his foot, it was pointed out on MOTD and all the pundits agreed it was a foul. Our players arn't particularly clever.

In the Refs face on 17:27 - Jan 22 with 2109 viewsgrumpy

In the Refs face on 17:20 - Jan 22 by Southamptonfan

He definitely did stamp on his foot, it was pointed out on MOTD and all the pundits agreed it was a foul. Our players arn't particularly clever.

To make out he stamped on his foot is make out he intentionally did it,there was nothing in it,the Villa player reacted as if he had been bitten by a White Shark.
[Post edited 22 Jan 2023 17:27]
In the Refs face on 17:33 - Jan 22 with 2098 viewsSFC_Referee

In the Refs face on 17:14 - Jan 22 by Capt_Koons

Yeah well really the refs and FA should be doing more about that and giving out harsher disciplinary action towards players who do that (as dissent has been an issue in the top leagues for ages now!) as it shouldn’t be happening.
It’s just my point is that it didn’t influence any of the major decisions (or at least shouldn’t have) as they were all the correct decisions

In the Refs face on 17:36 - Jan 22 with 2093 viewsSFC_Referee

In the Refs face on 17:15 - Jan 22 by grumpy

Yeah I agree that he’s looking for it and has probably gone down easily, but that doesn’t mean it’s not a foul, as it still is one. As I’m sure that if one of their forwards had stamped on the heels of one of our lot when they had their free kick and VAR had done nothing that many on here would’ve gone ballistic about it.
As all the rolling about and that is just how pathetic the players have made todays game, but unfortunately is just the way it is

In the Refs face on 17:36 - Jan 22 with 2090 viewsSouthamptonfan

In the Refs face on 17:27 - Jan 22 by grumpy

To make out he stamped on his foot is make out he intentionally did it,there was nothing in it,the Villa player reacted as if he had been bitten by a White Shark.

Nah, that was a foul. I'm the first to slam referees if they are clearly wrong, but you can't stamp on a player's ankle and get away with it.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.hampshirelive.news/sport/football/football-news

In the Refs face on 17:40 - Jan 22 with 2089 viewsSFC_Referee

Ok but intent makes no difference at all in situations like that (as off the top of my head the only time intent matters is handballs and violent conduct) as it’s the exact same outcome whether it’s intentional or not, and is why the gaol was unfortunately ruled out by VAR.

In the Refs face on 17:41 - Jan 22 with 2088 viewsgrumpy

In the Refs face on 17:36 - Jan 22 by Southamptonfan

Nah, that was a foul. I'm the first to slam referees if they are clearly wrong, but you can't stamp on a player's ankle and get away with it.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.hampshirelive.news/sport/football/football-news

Nah! Its the modern games view of it.
In the Refs face on 08:08 - Jan 23 with 1887 viewsGRIM

Football could learn so much from Rugby.
You don't see professional Rugby players getting in the refs face & challenge decisions.
In Rugby players respect the officials & know that they cannot influence the refs decisions.
Football refs seem to encourage players to confront them, they should yellow card every player that gets in his face, but they won't, its another example of player power in Football.
In the Refs face on 09:31 - Jan 23 with 1826 viewsA_Saint_in_Stoke

We're too nice !!! .... JWP is brilliant -- but not A LEADER ... God how we miss an Oriol Romeu or a Font - Characters with BOOMING VOICES ......... Telling and organizing our defence - at set pieces.

Poll: As a Saint's supporter I Feel Southampton F.C. Public Relations Department is -

In the Refs face on 17:27 - Jan 23 with 1702 viewsCapt_Koons

In the Refs face on 08:08 - Jan 23 by GRIM

You don't see professional Rugby players getting in the refs face & challenge decisions.
In Rugby players respect the officials & know that they cannot influence the refs decisions.
Football refs seem to encourage players to confront them, they should yellow card every player that gets in his face, but they won't, its another example of player power in Football.

I agree with you completely. However while it is still acceptable to hassle the ref, and every other club does it and gets results, unless we do too we're putting ourselves at a disadvantage

In the Refs face on 21:44 - Jan 23 with 1627 viewsSFC_Referee

In the Refs face on 08:08 - Jan 23 by GRIM

Yeah spot on, but that’s the difference at the end of the day, the RFU actually give a toss about their officials and sort out their posts issues, whilst IFAB and the FA don’t!
As the only thing they’ve ever really done around dissent and such is introducing the sin bin, but even then that’s only for grassroots and only the lowest semi pro leagues in the country!

In the Refs face on 21:45 - Jan 23 with 1625 viewsPatfromPoole

In the Refs face on 17:27 - Jan 23 by Capt_Koons

I agree with you completely. However while it is still acceptable to hassle the ref, and every other club does it and gets results, unless we do too we're putting ourselves at a disadvantage

Saintsy.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

In the Refs face on 00:12 - Jan 25 with 1515 viewsdarthvader

Great....great white shark... Pretty much the same tonight with the dirty cheating northern bast. Ardz

Ref was bias again. Getting caught up in the Toon hype. That Pope bloke should have been red carded for a bloody start

keep the faith coyr

In the Refs face on 19:30 - Jan 25 with 1359 viewsSFC_Referee

Well it does look like they’re getting something for it (although means bugger all to them!)
https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-southa

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024