Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Broken Football 23:22 - Mar 30 with 2282 viewsHeisenberg

Premier League clubs in tax avoidance on an industrial scale. Man Utd a billion in debt and Rashford holding out for 500k a week. The sooner the whole lot collapses the better. It’s broken and corrupt. I have been following football for over 50 years but am losing more and more interest every year. If it wasn’t for Saints I wouldn’t bother.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

Broken Football on 07:52 - Mar 31 with 2169 viewssolent_toffee

If it wasn’t for going to the pub before and after the game, I wouldn’t bother. It’s a business and a disingenuous, morally bankrupt, corrupt one at that.

My match going experience is a complete contrast to the target audience that it’s aimed at in the year 2023 with their replica kits, betting accounts, fantasy teams, Sky Subscriptions, YouTuber influencer podcast cranks, tekkers and bantz nonsense.

Your genuine match going, non selfie stick holding, match goer is a thing of the past. Although it would be interesting to see how the ‘spectacle’ would look if the grounds were half empty.
Broken Football on 08:45 - Mar 31 with 2122 viewssaintwizzler

Broken Football on 07:52 - Mar 31 by solent_toffee

If it wasn’t for going to the pub before and after the game, I wouldn’t bother. It’s a business and a disingenuous, morally bankrupt, corrupt one at that.

My match going experience is a complete contrast to the target audience that it’s aimed at in the year 2023 with their replica kits, betting accounts, fantasy teams, Sky Subscriptions, YouTuber influencer podcast cranks, tekkers and bantz nonsense.

Your genuine match going, non selfie stick holding, match goer is a thing of the past. Although it would be interesting to see how the ‘spectacle’ would look if the grounds were half empty.

Well said Toffo.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Broken Football on 08:55 - Mar 31 with 2113 viewsdwayne_dibley

totally agree, where else would I find an excuse the wife would accept to regularly meet up with friends in the pub, drink cider and talk bollux for an afternoon

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

Broken Football on 09:21 - Mar 31 with 2082 viewsRon11

Might be less like that in the Championship then.
Broken Football on 09:30 - Mar 31 with 2080 viewsJaySaint

well said

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Broken Football on 09:30 - Mar 31 with 2075 viewssaints__fan__73

Surely all clubs should be trying to avoid tax, as long as done by legal means. They are hardly going to volunteer to pay more are they.

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Broken Football on 10:46 - Mar 31 with 2016 viewscocklebreath

Broken Football on 09:30 - Mar 31 by saints__fan__73

Surely all clubs should be trying to avoid tax, as long as done by legal means. They are hardly going to volunteer to pay more are they.

Is it your aim in life to be an obstinate coooont

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Broken Football on 11:07 - Mar 31 with 2000 viewsPaleRider

I couldn't agree more. Unfortunately we are not the target market as we are not lured in by spending money on over-priced tat and applauding like we watching tennis at WImbledon!
Login to get fewer ads

Broken Football on 13:16 - Mar 31 with 1912 viewskingslandstand1

I think everyone on here of a certain age (majority are 40+ I would guess - I certainly am) would agree with you there ST, although one bit you needed to add though was the drink after the game as well ..........

At SMS we have often said we may as well have stayed in the pub but with Saints you just never know what will happen, not sure about your lot, but we also add that the Saturday or Sunday or whatever day the TV companies decide is often ruined by the football in the middle!

As Dwayne has said below, what other excuse is there to give the wife where we would have to go out and talk sh1te with your mates about, harping on about the old days of proper football!
Broken Football on 15:32 - Mar 31 with 1856 viewsdwayne_dibley

Broken Football on 13:16 - Mar 31 by kingslandstand1

I think everyone on here of a certain age (majority are 40+ I would guess - I certainly am) would agree with you there ST, although one bit you needed to add though was the drink after the game as well ..........

At SMS we have often said we may as well have stayed in the pub but with Saints you just never know what will happen, not sure about your lot, but we also add that the Saturday or Sunday or whatever day the TV companies decide is often ruined by the football in the middle!

As Dwayne has said below, what other excuse is there to give the wife where we would have to go out and talk sh1te with your mates about, harping on about the old days of proper football!

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

Broken Football on 16:34 - Mar 31 with 1835 viewssaints__fan__73

Broken Football on 10:46 - Mar 31 by cocklebreath

Is it your aim in life to be an obstinate coooont

Am I treading on your toes?

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Broken Football on 19:49 - Mar 31 with 1751 viewsmushinexile

How do you buy a club for 742 million pounds and after seventeen years with debts of a Billion think to sell it on for multiple billions having lost the success that made it a great brand? If there is a beacon for the broken and corrupt establishment that is the current incarnation of the Premier League, this is it.
Broken Football on 08:25 - Apr 2 with 1500 viewsMattFinish

The Premier League are just following the example set by the government
Broken Football on 09:35 - Apr 2 with 1471 viewskernow

Football is all about money, from top down
Went to watch my local team playing Launceston yesterday.
Nice to have a pint in the club house and watch a full blooded game in the pouring rain, watched by 300 die hards, magical.
The club are struggling because all their best players left for more money.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024