Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Championship 10:44 - Apr 28 with 3162 viewssolent_toffee

Well it looks like we will be playing each other there next season. Both teams deserve to be where they are. Everton have been appallingly badly run from top to bottom, but this year has seen them plunge to new depths. Only relegation will prompt the overhaul the club desperately needs, getting rid of the board and the dross mascerading as professional footballers.

Now, a Friday night Everton v Saints game at Goodison would be good. A few beers in town before the game, then onto County Road for Friday night disco dancing after the game.

What’s not to like.
The Championship on 10:53 - Apr 28 with 3130 viewskernow

Disco dancing....
The Championship on 10:55 - Apr 28 with 3120 viewssolent_toffee

The Championship on 10:53 - Apr 28 by kernow

Disco dancing....

Honestly, you think you’ve seen it all until you go to a Friday night on County Road
The Championship on 11:11 - Apr 28 with 3105 viewsdirk_doone

Everton are a big club I'd expect to win the Championship by a country mile. If you spent more than one season down there, I'd be amazed.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

The Championship on 11:14 - Apr 28 with 3097 viewskingolaf

The Championship on 10:55 - Apr 28 by solent_toffee

Honestly, you think you’ve seen it all until you go to a Friday night on County Road

I remember the good old days at The Grafton.
The Championship on 11:20 - Apr 28 with 3082 viewssolent_toffee

The Championship on 11:11 - Apr 28 by dirk_doone

Everton are a big club I'd expect to win the Championship by a country mile. If you spent more than one season down there, I'd be amazed.

I think Saints would do well next season. A new manager coming in will start playing some of the youngsters like Larios, Edozie, Mara who have been written off as PL players but could thrive with a run of games in an easier league. Plus, cliche alert, Tella will be like a new signing and he has been one of the best players in that league this season.
The Championship on 12:12 - Apr 28 with 3035 viewsdirk_doone

The Championship on 11:20 - Apr 28 by solent_toffee

I think Saints would do well next season. A new manager coming in will start playing some of the youngsters like Larios, Edozie, Mara who have been written off as PL players but could thrive with a run of games in an easier league. Plus, cliche alert, Tella will be like a new signing and he has been one of the best players in that league this season.

Tella actually made the Championship Team of the Season, which is why I think we'll find it hard to keep him. We already know that Burnley want to buy him and I wouldn't be surprised if one or two other top flight clubs are also interested.

https://www.efl.com/news/2023/april/efl-team-of-the-season-line-ups-revealed/

The Championship on 13:15 - Apr 28 with 2958 viewsNumber_58

Ballard and Doyle are exceptional talents. It's just that no-one has bothered to tell the first team managers. Maybe they don't train hard enough.
The Championship on 14:05 - Apr 28 with 2891 viewsSaintNick

What is the situation with the potential points deduction for breaching the fair play rules.

I think Everton will have a few issues if they go down, firstly the owner, he is no longer being bankrolled by the Russian who got sanctioned and has a stadium to pay for.

It may also emerge that the 900 million that he pumped into transfers might not actually be gifts but loans and he might want some back.

This could get tricky as might players on high contracts who are now unaffordable and you virtually have to give them away to get their wages off the books.

I truly hope that this all doesn't play out, Everton are a big club with a big tradition and loyal fanbase who don't deserve how there club has been run.

The way that Moshiri came in played the right cards about being a sleeping giant and cheap stunts like buying the Liver building conned a few people.

Shades of Saints here in the way that throwing money into transfers placates the fanbase but isn't always the best ways forward

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Login to get fewer ads

The Championship on 14:19 - Apr 28 with 2867 viewssolent_toffee

The Championship on 14:05 - Apr 28 by SaintNick

What is the situation with the potential points deduction for breaching the fair play rules.

I think Everton will have a few issues if they go down, firstly the owner, he is no longer being bankrolled by the Russian who got sanctioned and has a stadium to pay for.

It may also emerge that the 900 million that he pumped into transfers might not actually be gifts but loans and he might want some back.

This could get tricky as might players on high contracts who are now unaffordable and you virtually have to give them away to get their wages off the books.

I truly hope that this all doesn't play out, Everton are a big club with a big tradition and loyal fanbase who don't deserve how there club has been run.

The way that Moshiri came in played the right cards about being a sleeping giant and cheap stunts like buying the Liver building conned a few people.

Shades of Saints here in the way that throwing money into transfers placates the fanbase but isn't always the best ways forward

I’ve no idea what’s happening with FFP, it seems to only come up in the media when Everton get a decent result, which hasn’t happened for a few weeks. They haven’t actually been charged with anything and from what I can gather have an open book arrangement with the PL. I think it will only be challenged, if at all, if they stay up and the relegated teams kick off in desperation.

Meanwhile City have been charged with 101 offences and are being lauded for their race to the title by all and sundry.

Go figure.

As for players giving away players, this isn’t something new in Everton’s current woeful transfer strategy. The vast majority of big signing they’ve made in the last 5-6 years have left on or before the end of their contracts for next to nothing or free. Sigurdsson, Allan, Walcott, Bolasie, Tosun, Delph now we have Mina, Doucoure, Gomes, Gbamin all ready to go for nothing. Of the players they’ve bought only Digne and Richarlison have been sold for anything of note, the rest have gone for free.

I expect Pickford and Onana to command decent fees, if a little reduced. DCL’s injuries will put some clubs off, but he’s far from being one of the highest earners anyway.

Hoping for a new owner, but you just don’t know what you’re going to get.
The Championship on 21:13 - Apr 30 with 2552 viewsSouthamptonfan

Will be an interesting Championship next year, if us, Leeds and Everton are in it. Some big stadiums and traditional clubs in it. Hasn't worked for Leeds appointing a new manager and likewise Everton with Dyche who I like, although big game for Everton tomorrow.

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

The Championship on 21:57 - Apr 30 with 2472 views1885_SFC

The Championship on 21:13 - Apr 30 by Southamptonfan

Will be an interesting Championship next year, if us, Leeds and Everton are in it. Some big stadiums and traditional clubs in it. Hasn't worked for Leeds appointing a new manager and likewise Everton with Dyche who I like, although big game for Everton tomorrow.

It'll be a nailed-on draw tomorrow which won't help either Leicester or Everton.

Old School is Cool

The Championship on 22:05 - Apr 30 with 2463 viewsSouthamptonfan

The Championship on 21:57 - Apr 30 by 1885_SFC

It'll be a nailed-on draw tomorrow which won't help either Leicester or Everton.

I have a feeling Leicester will survive. Everton and Leeds have some very tough final games but we shall see.

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

The Championship on 01:35 - May 1 with 2341 viewssledger

i think everton if they go down have a tough few years ahead,stadium to be paid for,dross players they will need to try and give away,many will want to see there inflated contracts out,and probable points deductions for killing ffp,they could easily fall through another league just like plenty of other so called big clubs
The Championship on 23:00 - May 1 with 2114 views1885_SFC

The Championship on 21:57 - Apr 30 by 1885_SFC

PM me for Tuesday's Euro Lottery numbers.

Old School is Cool

The Championship on 06:07 - May 2 with 2049 viewssolent_toffee

The Championship on 23:00 - May 1 by 1885_SFC

PM me for Tuesday's Euro Lottery numbers.

I’d have taken a draw when Maddison was about to take the penalty.

Slightly more confident if staying up with DCL in the team, think they might get a few draws and then hope to beat a Bournemouth coming straight off Boscombe beach complete with flip flops. Not that it would matter much, staying up just means the same joyless experience next season.

I see Leeds have pressed the Gravy Chops Klaxon.
The Championship on 08:05 - May 2 with 1987 viewsRednWight

The Championship on 14:05 - Apr 28 by SaintNick

If Everton’s money man got sanctioned I think ours ought to be sectioned

The older I get the better I was
Poll: Cortese. Would we have him back

The Championship on 08:08 - May 2 with 1980 viewsHollywood56

Do you really think that Tella would want to return to play this dross type of football?
The Championship on 08:32 - May 2 with 1955 viewsButty101

The Championship on 08:08 - May 2 by Hollywood56

Do you really think that Tella would want to return to play this dross type of football?

I think we should give a potter or vierra a go. Would they come to us ??
Burnely have come back with a good core of British players and a sprinkling of loans.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

The Championship on 09:06 - May 2 with 1936 viewssolent_toffee

The Championship on 08:08 - May 2 by Hollywood56

He’s under contract so he’s have to come back?
The Championship on 09:54 - May 2 with 1908 viewsdirk_doone

The Championship on 21:13 - Apr 30 by Southamptonfan

That would be the 2 automatic promotion spots sorted so not so interesting really.
[Post edited 2 May 2023 9:55]

The Championship on 11:15 - May 2 with 1848 views1teeminants

The Championship on 09:06 - May 2 by solent_toffee

He’s under contract so he’s have to come back?

Exactly Solent

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024