Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jose Fonte 09:08 - Jul 7 with 2240 viewsRon11

The Echo is claiming that he's open to a return to Saints. Yes or no?
For me a yes, he has a wealth of experience and even at 39 he's fit and has another season or two in him. He could even take over as manager if Martin doesn't work out.
Jose Fonte on 09:14 - Jul 7 with 2207 viewsHeisenberg

Too old.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

Jose Fonte on 09:25 - Jul 7 with 2191 viewsIanSouthstander

Jose Fonte on 09:14 - Jul 7 by Heisenberg

Too old.

Get him in and make him captain.
Jose Fonte on 09:52 - Jul 7 with 2165 viewsarfurdent

Jose Fonte on 09:25 - Jul 7 by IanSouthstander

Deputy Steward

And the White Knight is talking backwards And the Red Queen's off with her head

Jose Fonte on 10:00 - Jul 7 with 2157 viewsSonicBoom

Do you actually mean play??
If you meant to work in Martin's team then I'd say that's a good idea.
If you mean to play, in the Championship at 39 years old I'd have to say that is mental.
Jose Fonte on 10:08 - Jul 7 with 2126 viewsPatfromPoole

Jose Fonte on 09:25 - Jul 7 by IanSouthstander

Seconded.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Jose Fonte on 10:29 - Jul 7 with 2098 viewsRon11

Jose Fonte on 10:00 - Jul 7 by SonicBoom

Do you actually mean play??
If you meant to work in Martin's team then I'd say that's a good idea.
If you mean to play, in the Championship at 39 years old I'd have to say that is mental.

More for his experience. And maybe a last ditch substitute with ten minutes go to shut a game down.
I did read his wiki profile though, seemed to be giving away a penalty or two late in his career which probably indicates some desperate tackling as he's slowed down a bit.
Still a wealth of experience though.
Jose Fonte on 11:10 - Jul 7 with 2060 viewsPaleRider

Makes a lot of sense for me. He definitely improved the players playing alongside him before and can also act as a mentor/leader - something we have been crying out for for some time.
Jose Fonte on 18:07 - Jul 7 with 1821 viewsfelly1

Nick's mythical leader at the back... All his dreams would come true if this happened. 😁
Login to get fewer ads

Jose Fonte on 09:13 - Jul 8 with 1497 viewsRon11

Jose Fonte on 11:10 - Jul 7 by PaleRider

Makes a lot of sense for me. He definitely improved the players playing alongside him before and can also act as a mentor/leader - something we have been crying out for for some time.

Yes.
Stephens and Bednarek stand in his shadow.
Jose Fonte on 11:04 - Jul 8 with 1445 viewsSaintNick

Jose Fonte on 10:29 - Jul 7 by Ron11

More for his experience. And maybe a last ditch substitute with ten minutes go to shut a game down.
I did read his wiki profile though, seemed to be giving away a penalty or two late in his career which probably indicates some desperate tackling as he's slowed down a bit.
Still a wealth of experience though.

Of all the posts here, this one perhaps most represents my view, he would be a good organsiser late in a game and certainly could be a good defensive coach.

But the Championship is faster and far more physical than the French League which with the exception of a handful of teams, is not as good a standard as the Championship.

I am also a bit worried that some of his muscles may have been damaged by the wild horses than dragged him kicking and screaming out of St Mary's in 2017.

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Jose Fonte on 11:29 - Jul 8 with 1433 viewsRon11

Jose Fonte on 11:04 - Jul 8 by SaintNick

Of all the posts here, this one perhaps most represents my view, he would be a good organsiser late in a game and certainly could be a good defensive coach.

But the Championship is faster and far more physical than the French League which with the exception of a handful of teams, is not as good a standard as the Championship.

I am also a bit worried that some of his muscles may have been damaged by the wild horses than dragged him kicking and screaming out of St Mary's in 2017.

Still one of the best defenders at St Mary's in recent years.
Jose Fonte on 11:52 - Jul 8 with 1414 viewsSaintNick

Jose Fonte on 11:29 - Jul 8 by Ron11

Still one of the best defenders at St Mary's in recent years.

Cant argue with that, we have had a few with perhaps better ability & potential, but since he left no one has really matched his consistency and leadership in the centre of our defence

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Jose Fonte on 18:30 - Jul 8 with 1329 viewsUTS1885

If he wanted to do his coaching badges ok, but not playing.

We need a leader like him at the back thats for sure and removal of ALL the numpties at CB last season.
[Post edited 8 Jul 2023 18:31]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024