Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
the lanky tw+t 18:02 - Aug 30 with 2017 viewssledger

why isnt he playing for us,surely he should be ok in the championship,or is our recruitment even worse than we thought
the lanky tw+t on 18:37 - Aug 30 with 1943 viewsSouthSeaSaint

Brought to us by the Mark 1 Black Box which brought us Carillo, Osvaldo and a number of other 'wonderful' purchases that are fondly remembered
the lanky tw+t on 21:15 - Aug 30 with 1765 viewsfelly1

I'll always wonder if the big fella could have done a job for us at this level.
Lots of fellow posters see him as almost as bad a Ali Dia.
Surely he didn't score all those goals gor Genk through sheer luck and the Belgium Jupilo league has plenty of Championship standard clubs.
the lanky tw+t on 23:45 - Aug 30 with 1627 viewsdirk_doone

the lanky tw+t on 21:15 - Aug 30 by felly1

I'll always wonder if the big fella could have done a job for us at this level.
Lots of fellow posters see him as almost as bad a Ali Dia.
Surely he didn't score all those goals gor Genk through sheer luck and the Belgium Jupilo league has plenty of Championship standard clubs.

It's a funny one, that. Yes, he scored goals in Belgium and you'd think the Jupiler Pro League wouldn't be too far below the standard of the Championship. but every time I saw him play here, I couldn't help wondering how on earth he'd managed to become a professional footballer. He looked totally unathletic and had no apparent ball skills.

Our current scouting and recruitment system leaves a lot to be desired. We built a reputation for unearthing hidden gems in Europe, who could then be sold for a big profit, and new owners like the current ones are attracted here because of that but it was basically just Paul Mitchell and his black box and he is long gone. Although, to be fair, it looks like the owners have decided they can still make money out of buying and selling youngsters surplus to requirement at the Man City academy.
[Post edited 31 Aug 2023 0:49]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

the lanky tw+t on 08:43 - Aug 31 with 1463 viewsMonksway

He was bought for Jones long ball game which stopped as soon as Jones got sacked. Not really RM type of player so can't imagine he'll still be here on Saturday.
the lanky tw+t on 10:11 - Aug 31 with 1370 viewsSonicBoom

There's been quite a few recently. Salisu, ABH and Sulemana all looked decent but now it's clear none of them were ever committed and really want to be here.
I'm not sure Onuachu is in that bracket. Atleast those above played games. He hasn't featured at all.
Sulemana has been getting off lightly. Carillo was similar money and he is held up as an example of our poor recruitment. Sulemana is our record signing and I've barely seen the guy play since he arrived. I can only really remember him playing well in one game and that was against Liverpool in what was effectively a dead rubber. And now the cheeky t wat has decided that he should be playing in the premier league.
the lanky tw+t on 10:15 - Aug 31 with 1365 viewssaints__fan__73

the lanky tw+t on 23:45 - Aug 30 by dirk_doone

It's a funny one, that. Yes, he scored goals in Belgium and you'd think the Jupiler Pro League wouldn't be too far below the standard of the Championship. but every time I saw him play here, I couldn't help wondering how on earth he'd managed to become a professional footballer. He looked totally unathletic and had no apparent ball skills.

Our current scouting and recruitment system leaves a lot to be desired. We built a reputation for unearthing hidden gems in Europe, who could then be sold for a big profit, and new owners like the current ones are attracted here because of that but it was basically just Paul Mitchell and his black box and he is long gone. Although, to be fair, it looks like the owners have decided they can still make money out of buying and selling youngsters surplus to requirement at the Man City academy.
[Post edited 31 Aug 2023 0:49]

"We built a reputation for unearthing hidden gems in Europe, who could then be sold for a big profit"

We didn't really though did we. We made a large profit on Mane and VVD, two players signed through Koeman, and pretty much every single one of the rest of the Euro signings have been utter flops. Hoedt, Carillo, Elywotsit, Lemina, Boufal etc, etc, etc
[Post edited 31 Aug 2023 10:15]

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

the lanky tw+t on 10:37 - Aug 31 with 1329 viewsButty101

the lanky tw+t on 10:15 - Aug 31 by saints__fan__73

"We built a reputation for unearthing hidden gems in Europe, who could then be sold for a big profit"

We didn't really though did we. We made a large profit on Mane and VVD, two players signed through Koeman, and pretty much every single one of the rest of the Euro signings have been utter flops. Hoedt, Carillo, Elywotsit, Lemina, Boufal etc, etc, etc
[Post edited 31 Aug 2023 10:15]

Think of the NI payments ....

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024