Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Prowsy subbed again 15:12 - Oct 29 with 12189 viewsGRIM

Just hope the wheels haven't come off for Prowsy.
He's started but been substituted in the Hammers last 2 matches.
Prowsy subbed again on 19:33 - Nov 1 with 2299 viewsGRIM

Prowsy subbed again on 19:28 - Nov 1 by SFC_Referee

Well he’s not even starting today in their cup game against Arsenal! Starts on the bench, for what looks like a pretty strong squad for West Ham

Excuse the pun but it looks like his West Ham " Bubble" has burst.
Prowsy subbed again on 10:02 - Nov 2 with 2157 viewssaint901

Prowsy subbed again on 16:48 - Oct 31 by I_would

And he stood on the burning deck with his Captains armband on looking out to sea while we went down. Thanks Prowsey. You were a good captain and helped us a lot. We gradually declined over your three year Captaincy until we were relegated. Great. You're really missed.

He's been found out already at WH as I predicted. Won't be long before he's surfing pine for 90.

Why not talk about our present players, especially the ones that aren't skates, ie, all of them.

To put the blame for a decline in the team and club on one player is ridiculous, stretched logic and credulity to breaking point and is a result of what appears to be a personal vendetta rather than a rational argument.

Captain of teams have a very limited impact unless it comes to match days. I can't imagine that they are consulted about who plays and who doesn't, who is bought/sold or how the commercial side runs or who the owners are. Our decline is largely at the feet of owners, lack of a commercial plan, poor recruitment and poor managers.

Look at his ratings at WHU. As I said he is their most consistent and highly rated player this season.

And he's a professional. It doesn't matter where he was born, where he went to school, where he lived as kid (or an adult). To suggest that he didn't do a professional job for Saints just because of a Portsmouth connection says more about your bias.

Your partial view of him and his contribution to the club is resistant to logic and owes more to your apparent inability to separate objective evidence from personal prejudice. You can get help for that personality fault.

Regardless, this is the story of the blind man talking to the scarecrow and one can't see or the other hear and it's just a waste of time.
Prowsy subbed again on 13:25 - Nov 2 with 2118 viewsChesham_Saint

Prowsy subbed again on 19:33 - Nov 1 by GRIM

Excuse the pun but it looks like his West Ham " Bubble" has burst.

And yet...he continues to be amongst their highest rated players in match reports.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Prowsy subbed again on 13:27 - Nov 2 with 2113 viewsI_would

Prowsy subbed again on 10:02 - Nov 2 by saint901

To put the blame for a decline in the team and club on one player is ridiculous, stretched logic and credulity to breaking point and is a result of what appears to be a personal vendetta rather than a rational argument.

Captain of teams have a very limited impact unless it comes to match days. I can't imagine that they are consulted about who plays and who doesn't, who is bought/sold or how the commercial side runs or who the owners are. Our decline is largely at the feet of owners, lack of a commercial plan, poor recruitment and poor managers.

Look at his ratings at WHU. As I said he is their most consistent and highly rated player this season.

And he's a professional. It doesn't matter where he was born, where he went to school, where he lived as kid (or an adult). To suggest that he didn't do a professional job for Saints just because of a Portsmouth connection says more about your bias.

Your partial view of him and his contribution to the club is resistant to logic and owes more to your apparent inability to separate objective evidence from personal prejudice. You can get help for that personality fault.

Regardless, this is the story of the blind man talking to the scarecrow and one can't see or the other hear and it's just a waste of time.

Wake me up when you've finished will you?

Poll: How many players should RH play at the back on Saturday?

Prowsy subbed again on 14:26 - Nov 2 with 2099 viewssaint901

Prowsy subbed again on 13:27 - Nov 2 by I_would

Wake me up when you've finished will you?

Wakey, wakey.

Any sensible answers to the points raised?
Prowsy subbed again on 13:40 - Nov 3 with 2031 viewsI_would

Prowsy subbed again on 14:26 - Nov 2 by saint901

Wakey, wakey.

Any sensible answers to the points raised?

I'm really pleased for little speedy that he has such loyal support from family members.

Prowsy subbed again on 14:08 - Nov 6 with 1862 viewssaint901

Prowsy subbed again on 13:40 - Nov 3 by I_would

I'm really pleased for little speedy that he has such loyal support from family members.

And again - any sensible answers (other than denial of the obvious)?
Prowsy subbed again on 14:31 - Nov 6 with 1849 viewsI_would

Prowsy subbed again on 14:08 - Nov 6 by saint901

And again - any sensible answers (other than denial of the obvious)?

As you have a vested interest in Little Speedy's progress maybe you ought to join a WH forum. It seems that the wheels have fallen off already and he's been found out. He could definitely do with some unconditional support right now even if it wasn't deserved as they seem to be a lot worse when he's playing as far as the results suggest.

As regards you quizzing me about nitpicking arguments about whether Joggy's any good, here's my opinion and argument:
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Login to get fewer ads

Prowsy subbed again on 16:20 - Nov 6 with 1789 viewsIfonly

I see that JWP was captain of WHU on Saturday and was rated on the BBC as 3rd best out of 29 players who appeared (Ings was 29th). So probably a bit harsh to say that the wheels have come off for him.
Prowsy subbed again on 16:51 - Nov 6 with 1778 viewssaint901

I do have a deal of respect for JWP. He stayed with us as long as he could and was sold by the club. He did not ask for a transfer, the club decided that they would realise one of their assets.

I suspect that staying with us also harmed his chances of more international games.

It's hard to deny (and Mr I would has not) that we are a poorer team without him and that we've seen several midfield players tried out in the positions he played, none of them who do as good a job.

For me the clincher here is that you have no sound reasons for any of your criticisms and instead have to resort to desperate assumptions of a connection to justify your descent into personal abuse. (Not that any such connection, if correct - which it's not - would in itself be reason for personal abuse).

Regardless, I suspect that nothing said here or face to face will change what is a deep seated prejudice, nor be a reason to grow up and leave the playground behind. It's really quite tragic that you cannot see that one of the best players Saints have had - and one of the most loyal - remains a good player. I feel sorry for you.
Prowsy subbed again on 17:07 - Nov 6 with 1773 viewsI_would

Prowsy subbed again on 16:20 - Nov 6 by Ifonly

I see that JWP was captain of WHU on Saturday and was rated on the BBC as 3rd best out of 29 players who appeared (Ings was 29th). So probably a bit harsh to say that the wheels have come off for him.

They lost.

Prowsy subbed again on 17:10 - Nov 6 with 1765 viewsI_would

Prowsy subbed again on 16:51 - Nov 6 by saint901

I do have a deal of respect for JWP. He stayed with us as long as he could and was sold by the club. He did not ask for a transfer, the club decided that they would realise one of their assets.

I suspect that staying with us also harmed his chances of more international games.

It's hard to deny (and Mr I would has not) that we are a poorer team without him and that we've seen several midfield players tried out in the positions he played, none of them who do as good a job.

For me the clincher here is that you have no sound reasons for any of your criticisms and instead have to resort to desperate assumptions of a connection to justify your descent into personal abuse. (Not that any such connection, if correct - which it's not - would in itself be reason for personal abuse).

Regardless, I suspect that nothing said here or face to face will change what is a deep seated prejudice, nor be a reason to grow up and leave the playground behind. It's really quite tragic that you cannot see that one of the best players Saints have had - and one of the most loyal - remains a good player. I feel sorry for you.

I am a Saints supporter. Joggy plays for WH. I wouldn't start a Joggy thread. Maybe you should aim your misguided childish vitriol towards GRIM.

Prowsy subbed again on 17:13 - Nov 12 with 1480 viewsdirk_doone

"Ward-Prowse quality wins it for Hammers"

"World class Ward-Prowse rescued West Ham" - Moyes

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67325042
[Post edited 12 Nov 2023 17:27]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Prowsy subbed again on 17:35 - Nov 12 with 1450 viewsNumber_58

Prowsy subbed again on 17:10 - Nov 6 by I_would

I am a Saints supporter. Joggy plays for WH. I wouldn't start a Joggy thread. Maybe you should aim your misguided childish vitriol towards GRIM.

"Misguided childish vitriol". Oh my, the irony. I really hope JWP and Russell Martin succeed for many reasons, not least because when they are doing well it's noticable how quickly you crawl back under your rock.
Prowsy subbed again on 18:51 - Nov 12 with 1424 views1885_SFC

Prowsy subbed again on 17:13 - Nov 12 by dirk_doone

Man of the Match too. Not bad for a "joggy sideways w@nker" eh...

Old School is Cool

Prowsy subbed again on 23:34 - Nov 12 with 1319 viewsChesham_Saint

Prowsy subbed again on 16:51 - Nov 6 by saint901

You’re bang on there, 901. Well said.

Prowsy subbed again on 07:27 - Nov 13 with 1264 viewssaintsfanbrock

Prowsy subbed again on 17:13 - Nov 12 by dirk_doone

“I think if I was James I would be disappointed that he hadn't had 15 or 16 assists by now because of the quality of the balls” how well do you have to playing when your manager calls out your team mates for not finishing off the chances you give them.

I_would looking at results and blaming JWP as he did all last season, when every manager he plays for pats him on the back. I_would who do you dislike from the current team? I want to put a tenner on them getting player of the season.
Prowsy subbed again on 13:20 - Nov 13 with 1162 viewsI_would

Prowsy subbed again on 07:27 - Nov 13 by saintsfanbrock

“I think if I was James I would be disappointed that he hadn't had 15 or 16 assists by now because of the quality of the balls” how well do you have to playing when your manager calls out your team mates for not finishing off the chances you give them.

I_would looking at results and blaming JWP as he did all last season, when every manager he plays for pats him on the back. I_would who do you dislike from the current team? I want to put a tenner on them getting player of the season.

Oh how you all seem to miss Prowsey desperately, it must really hurt for you to go on and on about the little chap like you do. I prefer to watch Saints matches myself being a Saints fan.

Still we seem to be winning rather a lot of matches without Prowsey and attacking with pace through the midfield at times. Maybe that's just luck. Anyway I'll leave you to get back to your West Ham highlights .............

Prowsy subbed again on 14:59 - Nov 13 with 1128 viewssaint901

There are none so blind as those who will not see.

We are winning games because we're in a lower league playing against less well organised defences and with a new manager playing a different style of play from the managers JWP played under at Saints most recently.

JWP is doing well because he's in a better position on the pitch and is not being asked to do a job which reduces his impact. He's also playing with better players in a team that has some confidence.

I know it must be hard for you to accept Mr I_would, but he made us a better side even when thongs were going wrong around him and he's now making WHU a better side.

You'll no doubt brush this off with a snide comment or personal attack and that's fine, because the facts speak for themselves. Enjoy his success!
Prowsy subbed again on 16:23 - Nov 13 with 1109 viewsI_would

Prowsy subbed again on 14:59 - Nov 13 by saint901

There are none so blind as those who will not see.

We are winning games because we're in a lower league playing against less well organised defences and with a new manager playing a different style of play from the managers JWP played under at Saints most recently.

JWP is doing well because he's in a better position on the pitch and is not being asked to do a job which reduces his impact. He's also playing with better players in a team that has some confidence.

I know it must be hard for you to accept Mr I_would, but he made us a better side even when thongs were going wrong around him and he's now making WHU a better side.

You'll no doubt brush this off with a snide comment or personal attack and that's fine, because the facts speak for themselves. Enjoy his success!

"We are winning games because we're in a lower league playing against less well organised defences". Correct (although obvious).

"Prowsey's also playing with better players. Correct (maybe make him look better).

"Prowsey made us a better side". Maybe I missed 40 odd games last season but I thought we lost nearly every game and were relegated. If that's Prowsey helping maybe we didn't need him after all.

Prowsy subbed again on 17:51 - Nov 13 with 1055 viewssaint901

Predictable.

Here's a simple question.

Do you think we would have a better chance at promotion this season if JWP had stayed with us?
Prowsy subbed again on 18:15 - Nov 13 with 1041 viewsSouthSeaSaint

Prowsy subbed again on 17:51 - Nov 13 by saint901

Predictable.

Do you think we would have a better chance at promotion this season if JWP had stayed with us?

A yes for me and we were only discussing this on Saturday during the game
Prowsy subbed again on 20:58 - Nov 13 with 1001 viewsI_would

Prowsy subbed again on 17:51 - Nov 13 by saint901

Predictable.

No.

Prowsy subbed again on 09:25 - Nov 14 with 899 viewssaint901

Prowsy subbed again on 20:58 - Nov 13 by I_would

No.

(No subject) (n/t) on 09:41 - Nov 14 with 895 viewsChesham_Saint

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024