Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
8 Changes - worrying line-up against Liverpool 19:25 - Feb 28 with 2417 viewsFlamingbankers

With a forward line of Edozie, Mara and Sulemana, I'm not sure who's supposed to score. Classic Martin.
8 Changes - worrying line-up against Liverpool on 19:44 - Feb 28 with 1671 viewsInTimeAddedOn

But possession in nine tenths of the law.
Had someone better tell Martin Liverpool is a lawless city?
8 Changes - worrying line-up against Liverpool on 19:52 - Feb 28 with 1643 viewskingslandstand1

8 Changes - worrying line-up against Liverpool on 19:44 - Feb 28 by InTimeAddedOn

But possession in nine tenths of the law.
Had someone better tell Martin Liverpool is a lawless city?

8 Changes - worrying line-up against Liverpool on 20:47 - Feb 28 with 1536 viewsSFC_Referee

Had about 3/4 decent chances, haven’t taken a single one, and they don’t even have a single clear chance and take the lead!
Also some well sloppy passing going around in midfield

Poll: Should Russel Martins be sacked if we don’t win playoffs

8 Changes - worrying line-up against Liverpool on 20:48 - Feb 28 with 1535 views1885_SFC

If only we had players that can score.

Old School is Cool

8 Changes - worrying line-up against Liverpool on 20:48 - Feb 28 with 1520 viewsKent_Oscillator

...and thats what you get for f*(kin around constantly and our 5h1te finishing...
8 Changes - worrying line-up against Liverpool on 20:51 - Feb 28 with 1493 viewsHeisenberg

I am coming to the conclusion that Shea Charles is not up to it. Game after game he gives the ball away. We should have been 2 or 3 up in the first 15 mins. Liverpool are there for the taking. Go for it and get KWP on.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

8 Changes - worrying line-up against Liverpool on 20:51 - Feb 28 with 1486 viewsCity_boy

Shame about the goal late on, but some good performances out there tonight. Even Stephens has done well, and I rarely say that.

Agree with earlier comment, there have quite a few wayward passes and slow to react, most noticeably from Charles and Bree.

With better finishing we could have 2 or goals.

Still in this. More of same in 2nd half,
8 Changes - worrying line-up against Liverpool on 20:55 - Feb 28 with 1476 viewsFlamingbankers

Nobody to stick the ball away. Playing OK except the tippy-tappy around our penalty area - sorry we're not going to win any title, cup or promotion with that stupid tactic. It's too obvious and teams can just pressure us into giving the ball away. If only Stu Armstrong was on the bench we need that creativity in the middle while A Armstrong and Adams should come on straight away for the second half.
[Post edited 28 Feb 21:00]
Login to get fewer ads

8 Changes - worrying line-up against Liverpool on 21:14 - Feb 28 with 1398 viewsLondonSaint

8 Changes - worrying line-up against Liverpool on 20:51 - Feb 28 by Heisenberg

I am coming to the conclusion that Shea Charles is not up to it. Game after game he gives the ball away. We should have been 2 or 3 up in the first 15 mins. Liverpool are there for the taking. Go for it and get KWP on.

I don't want to, but I'm starting to have the same opinion. He was similar at Bristol.

Trying to give him the benefit of the doubt, he plays a bit like a player who doesn't really know what he is yet. Is he a holding player, a box to box player, a defensive midfielder? Hopefully he's one who'll improve over time. I thought maybe it might be because he never really got a run of games but with Downes out I don't think you can say that. Still young, though.
8 Changes - worrying line-up against Liverpool on 21:32 - Feb 28 with 1342 viewsKent_Oscillator

Game over FFS.

This wastefulness is indicative of how i feel our season will transpire.

Granted we can play so great football but there is very little end product and we get undone by playing such a risky strategy...

Bahhhhhhh.....
8 Changes - worrying line-up against Liverpool on 21:32 - Feb 28 with 1336 viewsSFC_Referee

And that sloppy passing costs us yet again!
As sorry but Smallbone has only just come on and has just caused that goal, as he’s been sh*te recently, and the sooner we can get Downes back to play with Rothewell the better!

Still I do wonder where we’d be if we’d kept Prowse as this team really is missing a decent player like him

8 Changes - worrying line-up against Liverpool on 21:35 - Feb 28 with 1297 viewscocklebreath

Ffs does Russell watch the match? Sulli and Edozie really dangerous so both off and Mara stays on but on the wing where he’s fooking hopeless

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

8 Changes - worrying line-up against Liverpool on 21:36 - Feb 28 with 1311 views1885_SFC

KWP on... and then straight off again with an injury FFS.

Smallbone his usual sloppy self. Such a negative player.

Old School is Cool

8 Changes - worrying line-up against Liverpool on 21:36 - Feb 28 with 1310 viewsCity_boy

Smallbone only been on 8 minutes, and is having a nightmare. He looks all over the place and gave ball away for their 2nd.

I would have left Rothwell on.
8 Changes - worrying line-up against Liverpool on 21:37 - Feb 28 with 1296 viewsSFC_Referee

8 Changes - worrying line-up against Liverpool on 21:36 - Feb 28 by 1885_SFC

KWP on... and then straight off again with an injury FFS.

Smallbone his usual sloppy self. Such a negative player.

Yeah well that basically confirms that it’ll be Bree and Manning as the fullbacks for Saturday

8 Changes - worrying line-up against Liverpool on 21:39 - Feb 28 with 1270 viewscocklebreath

We looked so much better before the changes

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

8 Changes - worrying line-up against Liverpool on 21:39 - Feb 28 with 1288 viewsMrangry25

8 Changes - worrying line-up against Liverpool on 21:36 - Feb 28 by City_boy

Smallbone only been on 8 minutes, and is having a nightmare. He looks all over the place and gave ball away for their 2nd.

I would have left Rothwell on.

Small one is just plain sh**te, brings nothing to the team, subs by RM baffling again.
8 Changes - worrying line-up against Liverpool on 21:42 - Feb 28 with 1274 views1885_SFC

8 Changes - worrying line-up against Liverpool on 21:39 - Feb 28 by cocklebreath

We looked so much better before the changes

Yep. And then RM has to go and undo everything by making pointless changes.

We have never really looked like scoring since..

Old School is Cool

8 Changes - worrying line-up against Liverpool on 21:44 - Feb 28 with 1253 viewsgrumpy

Martins subs made no sense.
Never been convinced by him, surprised yes, but convinced no.
8 Changes - worrying line-up against Liverpool on 21:46 - Feb 28 with 1243 viewssaintmark1976

8 Changes - worrying line-up against Liverpool on 21:32 - Feb 28 by SFC_Referee

And that sloppy passing costs us yet again!
As sorry but Smallbone has only just come on and has just caused that goal, as he’s been sh*te recently, and the sooner we can get Downes back to play with Rothewell the better!

Still I do wonder where we’d be if we’d kept Prowse as this team really is missing a decent player like him

Wrong initial team selection, lots of possession, no end product, poor substitutions, rinse and repeat the Russell Martin way.

In particular, can someone please anyone, tell me what is the point of Mara is ?
8 Changes - worrying line-up against Liverpool on 21:56 - Feb 28 with 1153 viewsdirk_doone

The starting eleven played very well. The substitutions, especially Smallbone, really weakened the team.

Until he came on, I was thinking how much better we play without Smallbone. He is like little boy lost. He stands around aimlessly most of the time and when he does get the ball, he always kicks it towards our goal, so he's more use to the opposition than he is to us. We'd have been better off with 10 men.
[Post edited 28 Feb 21:57]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

8 Changes - worrying line-up against Liverpool on 21:59 - Feb 28 with 1133 viewsFlamingbankers

Absolutely, Martin takes both dangerous wingers off and pushes Mara over to the wing - surely that's nonsense.
8 Changes - worrying line-up against Liverpool on 21:59 - Feb 28 with 1128 viewsGRIM

8 Changes - worrying line-up against Liverpool on 20:55 - Feb 28 by Flamingbankers

Nobody to stick the ball away. Playing OK except the tippy-tappy around our penalty area - sorry we're not going to win any title, cup or promotion with that stupid tactic. It's too obvious and teams can just pressure us into giving the ball away. If only Stu Armstrong was on the bench we need that creativity in the middle while A Armstrong and Adams should come on straight away for the second half.
[Post edited 28 Feb 21:00]

Che Adams & Adam Armstrong came on & made us worse.
Absolutely no threat going forward when they came on.
At least Sulemane & Edozie offered unpredictability.
But worst sub was Smallbone, totally out of his depth.
8 Changes - worrying line-up against Liverpool on 22:00 - Feb 28 with 1108 viewsgrumpy

8 Changes - worrying line-up against Liverpool on 21:56 - Feb 28 by dirk_doone

The starting eleven played very well. The substitutions, especially Smallbone, really weakened the team.

Until he came on, I was thinking how much better we play without Smallbone. He is like little boy lost. He stands around aimlessly most of the time and when he does get the ball, he always kicks it towards our goal, so he's more use to the opposition than he is to us. We'd have been better off with 10 men.
[Post edited 28 Feb 21:57]

We did play well for most of the first half but if you haven't got anyone to convert chances you will get punished.
The subs made no sense...........
8 Changes - worrying line-up against Liverpool on 22:01 - Feb 28 with 1106 viewsFlamingbankers

8 Changes - worrying line-up against Liverpool on 21:59 - Feb 28 by GRIM

Che Adams & Adam Armstrong came on & made us worse.
Absolutely no threat going forward when they came on.
At least Sulemane & Edozie offered unpredictability.
But worst sub was Smallbone, totally out of his depth.

Come off it, Armstrong and Adams hardly had a chance - should have played from the beginning. By the time they came on Liverpool had taken ascendancy.
[Post edited 28 Feb 22:01]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024