Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Own Up Who Stormed Out & Missed The Goal 10:21 - Apr 14 with 2466 viewsSaintNick

One thing that surprised me yesterday or in some respects didn't surprise me was the number of people who stormed out when Watford equalised.

I was surprised as one thing we know this season is that this team scores a lot of late goals, so just because they equalised didn't mean the game was lost, especially as there were still probably 10 minutes left given 5 mins of normal time plus injury time, why would you leave when the season is at a crucial stage and the game is still there to be won ?

I wasn't surprised because people were leaving before the equaliser, up by me and indeed other parts of the ground, people seem to leave with 10 mins left whatever the state of play on the field.

Again I don't get this people have paid good money to see 90 minutes of football, why leave early, if you go to see a film, you don't leave 10 minutes from the end before you know how it is going to end.

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Own Up Who Stormed Out & Missed The Goal on 10:24 - Apr 14 with 1681 viewsarfurdent

have you seen the cr@p service from the Blue Star 1 lately, late, missing or turn up early to avoid picking up too many punters

And the White Knight is talking backwards And the Red Queen's off with her head

Own Up Who Stormed Out & Missed The Goal on 10:44 - Apr 14 with 1615 viewssaintmark1976

Hardly surprising Nick given the current state of the road works getting out of Southampton toward the West.Ten minutes missed football saves you forty minutes stuck in interminable stop start traffic.
Own Up Who Stormed Out & Missed The Goal on 10:56 - Apr 14 with 1573 viewsarfurdent

Own Up Who Stormed Out & Missed The Goal on 10:44 - Apr 14 by saintmark1976

Hardly surprising Nick given the current state of the road works getting out of Southampton toward the West.Ten minutes missed football saves you forty minutes stuck in interminable stop start traffic.

how long before the council start issuing parking tickets to those stuck in traffic jams?
[Post edited 14 Apr 16:42]

And the White Knight is talking backwards And the Red Queen's off with her head

Own Up Who Stormed Out & Missed The Goal on 11:08 - Apr 14 with 1551 viewsAscot_Saint

Own Up Who Stormed Out & Missed The Goal on 10:56 - Apr 14 by arfurdent

how long before the council start issuing parking tickets to those stuck in traffic jams?
[Post edited 14 Apr 16:42]

There were loads of people near me in block 5 of the Itchen leaving early, before Watford equalised even. Anyway, I’m sure people have their reasons for leaving early so I’m not going to criticise.

On Tuesday v Preston for instance I will have to leave 10 minutes before the end of the game so I can catch the 10pm train back to Ascot (via Basingstoke and Reading - getting back home around 1am) so we all have our reasons for leaving a match early.
Own Up Who Stormed Out & Missed The Goal on 11:12 - Apr 14 with 1539 viewsdirk_doone

People have their own routines which suit them best. I've only ever left a game early once. It was an England game and I missed a last minute equaliser. But, that's because I've never had transport issues getting home from Saints' home games. Some people may have trains to catch or need to avoid traffic jams, which will save them an hour or more on their journey home or in some cases mean they will get home at all. Remember, some Saints' fans travel hundreds of miles to home games. You have always lived locally so this has never been a priority for you.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Own Up Who Stormed Out & Missed The Goal on 11:14 - Apr 14 with 1532 viewsA1079

It irks me to be honest Nick, though it shouldn't as people pay their money and can do whatever they like but I just don't get it really. I can partly understand it if you are losing badly and there is no way of coming back but when games are so poised I do not get it. The other time I get it is an evening game and fans from the IoW may have limited time to get back.

I understand the point that getting out of Southampton is a nightmare but whenever I go to a game, wherever it may, I expect to be stuck in traffic on departure.
Own Up Who Stormed Out & Missed The Goal on 11:17 - Apr 14 with 1524 viewsPatfromPoole

I went downstairs in the 95th minute.

I am still wounded by it.

Absolutely gutted and pissed off with myself.

More gutted than when we lost at Ipswich.

Saw the goal in the Itchen North concourse, which had riotous enough celebrations, but far from the same.
[Post edited 14 Apr 11:18]

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Own Up Who Stormed Out & Missed The Goal on 11:21 - Apr 14 with 1513 viewsAscot_Saint

Own Up Who Stormed Out & Missed The Goal on 11:17 - Apr 14 by PatfromPoole

Saw the goal in the Itchen North concourse, which had riotous enough celebrations, but far from the same.

Ah man, I feel you for. My boy and I did the same at Preston away, left on 95 minutes to get a train back to Blackpool where we were staying and we missed Baz’s equaliser. Took me a few days to get over missing that one.
[Post edited 14 Apr 11:21]
Login to get fewer ads

Own Up Who Stormed Out & Missed The Goal on 11:23 - Apr 14 with 1508 viewsSaintNick

Own Up Who Stormed Out & Missed The Goal on 11:14 - Apr 14 by A1079

It irks me to be honest Nick, though it shouldn't as people pay their money and can do whatever they like but I just don't get it really. I can partly understand it if you are losing badly and there is no way of coming back but when games are so poised I do not get it. The other time I get it is an evening game and fans from the IoW may have limited time to get back.

I understand the point that getting out of Southampton is a nightmare but whenever I go to a game, wherever it may, I expect to be stuck in traffic on departure.

I agree some people do have genuine reasons for leaving early, but lets not make excuses, yesterday wasn't about traffic or trains, it was about people storming out, I would say about 10,000 people had gone by the time the game went into injury time, by the time the ball went into the net even more had gone.

Yes people pay their money and have their choice, but why pay £30-40 for a ticket and then leave early, a game of football is about a result, I can understand why people leave early if the game is dead, if that was Watford's 4th goal and we were two down the game is finished, but yesterday there was still a lot to play for.

I had to get back early yesterday, the benefit for me was that the usual slow crawl over the railway footbridge was a brisk stroll and the Millbrook Road was no busier than on a weekday afternoon

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Own Up Who Stormed Out & Missed The Goal on 11:28 - Apr 14 with 1485 viewsPatfromPoole

Own Up Who Stormed Out & Missed The Goal on 11:23 - Apr 14 by SaintNick

I agree some people do have genuine reasons for leaving early, but lets not make excuses, yesterday wasn't about traffic or trains, it was about people storming out, I would say about 10,000 people had gone by the time the game went into injury time, by the time the ball went into the net even more had gone.

Yes people pay their money and have their choice, but why pay £30-40 for a ticket and then leave early, a game of football is about a result, I can understand why people leave early if the game is dead, if that was Watford's 4th goal and we were two down the game is finished, but yesterday there was still a lot to play for.

I had to get back early yesterday, the benefit for me was that the usual slow crawl over the railway footbridge was a brisk stroll and the Millbrook Road was no busier than on a weekday afternoon

I was fuming.

Fuming at our crap second-half performance.

Fuming at Martin’s crap substitutions again.

Fuming that Bazunu didn’t save the 2nd goal. He is just piss poor when you compare him with Ipswich’s keeper.

Fuming at the crap support in the Itchen North again; the most animated they got all 2nd half was their reaction to an incident in the executive box area at the back.

Takes about 15 minutes to get away from our seats if we stay until the end. I bloody hate it if we have thrown the game away and the oppo fans are taking the piss.

Own Up Who Stormed Out & Missed The Goal on 12:46 - Apr 14 with 1380 viewsChesham_Saint

Own Up Who Stormed Out & Missed The Goal on 11:28 - Apr 14 by PatfromPoole

I was fuming.

Fuming at our crap second-half performance.

Fuming at Martin’s crap substitutions again.

Fuming that Bazunu didn’t save the 2nd goal. He is just piss poor when you compare him with Ipswich’s keeper.

Fuming at the crap support in the Itchen North again; the most animated they got all 2nd half was their reaction to an incident in the executive box area at the back.

Takes about 15 minutes to get away from our seats if we stay until the end. I bloody hate it if we have thrown the game away and the oppo fans are taking the piss.

They sounded quite loud at times where i was in the Itchen.

Was this incident in the exec box area what I was asking about on another thread? This was a large exodus of mainly men (Including one dressed as Elton John) towards the end of the first half?

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Own Up Who Stormed Out & Missed The Goal on 13:16 - Apr 14 with 1332 viewsPatfromPoole

Own Up Who Stormed Out & Missed The Goal on 12:46 - Apr 14 by Chesham_Saint

They sounded quite loud at times where i was in the Itchen.

Was this incident in the exec box area what I was asking about on another thread? This was a large exodus of mainly men (Including one dressed as Elton John) towards the end of the first half?

Second-half.

Own Up Who Stormed Out & Missed The Goal on 13:33 - Apr 14 with 1291 viewsSouthamptonfan

I can't understand why so many leave early. I know people who leave early near me and it's not to catch a bus or get to work, it's to get to the pub as quickly as possible. It's up to them, they can do what they want but it's mad in my opinion. The best scenes and the best celebrations are last minute goals. The 99th minute winner was incredible, and the people who left, missed all that joy, just to save a few minutes. I can understand if we are losing by 3, or if it's a evening game when many have work the next morning, but there are so many late goals in the Championship, fans are missing the best part of games! And yesterday, it was because so many stormed out. But was only an equaliser. We still had a chance to win it late on, and we did. So in these circumstances, no I don't understand people storming out.
[Post edited 14 Apr 13:35]

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

Own Up Who Stormed Out & Missed The Goal on 13:54 - Apr 14 with 1256 viewsChesham_Saint

Own Up Who Stormed Out & Missed The Goal on 13:33 - Apr 14 by Southamptonfan

I can't understand why so many leave early. I know people who leave early near me and it's not to catch a bus or get to work, it's to get to the pub as quickly as possible. It's up to them, they can do what they want but it's mad in my opinion. The best scenes and the best celebrations are last minute goals. The 99th minute winner was incredible, and the people who left, missed all that joy, just to save a few minutes. I can understand if we are losing by 3, or if it's a evening game when many have work the next morning, but there are so many late goals in the Championship, fans are missing the best part of games! And yesterday, it was because so many stormed out. But was only an equaliser. We still had a chance to win it late on, and we did. So in these circumstances, no I don't understand people storming out.
[Post edited 14 Apr 13:35]

I considered leaving as I was so pissed off with Martin's cretinous tippy-tappy, pass-it-in-the-box-at-all-costs bollocks, but having managed to sit through some torrid results in the past, I rarely leave early unless for a really pressing reason.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Own Up Who Stormed Out & Missed The Goal on 14:05 - Apr 14 with 1236 viewskingslandstand1

Own Up Who Stormed Out & Missed The Goal on 11:08 - Apr 14 by Ascot_Saint

There were loads of people near me in block 5 of the Itchen leaving early, before Watford equalised even. Anyway, I’m sure people have their reasons for leaving early so I’m not going to criticise.

On Tuesday v Preston for instance I will have to leave 10 minutes before the end of the game so I can catch the 10pm train back to Ascot (via Basingstoke and Reading - getting back home around 1am) so we all have our reasons for leaving a match early.

Bloody tourists
Own Up Who Stormed Out & Missed The Goal on 14:31 - Apr 14 with 1203 viewsdarthvader

Own Up Who Stormed Out & Missed The Goal on 13:54 - Apr 14 by Chesham_Saint

I considered leaving as I was so pissed off with Martin's cretinous tippy-tappy, pass-it-in-the-box-at-all-costs bollocks, but having managed to sit through some torrid results in the past, I rarely leave early unless for a really pressing reason.

This season our record for scoring and or letting in last minute or even last second goals is impressive,and with many of our games we either threaten to throw it away ..we do throw it away ,or like a few games win it late on .
So leaving before the final whistle for me is bewildering.

I was behind the goal in the northam (for a change) and it was unreal . The feeling when the ball went in was indescribable.

Especially after the 3-1 goal was chalked off and then their equaliser with their fans rubbing it in .

I also remember too well when barry horne equalised against Bolton all those years ago ,i was asking for money from all the people who were coming back through the gate from under the east stand archers end . It seemed like hundreds of people were bundling back in

So no ...no ill never leave early unless on a stretcher

keep the faith coyr

Own Up Who Stormed Out & Missed The Goal on 14:55 - Apr 14 with 1160 viewsLondonSaint76

Wild horses would not have dragged me out of SMS before the final whistle yesterday because from day one of the season at Hillsborough you just never know - that said I had the luxury of not having to rush back and it was a 15.00 KO. We were in the Kingsland so stopped to applaud the team then stayed for a couple of post match drinks in the bar area outside the stand before moving on to The Cricketers.
Midweek is so different though. SWR binning the 22.30 train back to London is a damned nuisance as there is no way you can see the end of a 19.45 KO and catch the 22.00 train which is now the last one that gets to Waterloo in time for onward connecting services.
Storming out is a different matter and just a personal choice. Only done it twice, once back in the Keegan era home to Wolves and in 2010 when we played the Sk8’s in the FA Cup at SMS. We had corporate that day so when the Sk8’s got their 3rd of 4 we not so much stormed out as made an executive decision to start on the consolation unlimited drinks in the Mick Channon Suite - we were not alone….
[Post edited 14 Apr 18:56]

Poll: How will we get on against Leicester City?

Own Up Who Stormed Out & Missed The Goal on 16:26 - Apr 14 with 1089 viewssledger

i stay to the end,let everyone push and shove there way out,wander down for a p+ss,wander down to the pub for a couple more pints,watch tea time game then jump on bus,no stress,at least not after the game anyway.
Own Up Who Stormed Out & Missed The Goal on 16:40 - Apr 14 with 1074 views1teeminants

Own Up Who Stormed Out & Missed The Goal on 11:17 - Apr 14 by PatfromPoole

I was the only one out of our lot in the Itchen North that stayed . Those celebrations at the end were not far behind from matching the chaos that followed when Steve Moran scored at Fratton and Shane Long scored at Anfield in the carabo semi final.

Incredible scenes.Brilliant.
[Post edited 14 Apr 16:43]

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Own Up Who Stormed Out & Missed The Goal on 16:41 - Apr 14 with 1074 viewskingolaf

I left so I could get a clear run home.

Plus our manager is an idiot and it really boils my piss. His subs were a joke. The players must think the same.
Own Up Who Stormed Out & Missed The Goal on 17:21 - Apr 14 with 1015 viewsPatfromPoole

Own Up Who Stormed Out & Missed The Goal on 16:40 - Apr 14 by 1teeminants

I was the only one out of our lot in the Itchen North that stayed . Those celebrations at the end were not far behind from matching the chaos that followed when Steve Moran scored at Fratton and Shane Long scored at Anfield in the carabo semi final.

Incredible scenes.Brilliant.
[Post edited 14 Apr 16:43]

If only they had made as much noise during the game.

Support was shite in there yesterday. As it has been so often, it pains me to say.

Own Up Who Stormed Out & Missed The Goal on 17:32 - Apr 14 with 1002 viewscocklebreath

Liverpool fans never leave early. Get in palace

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Own Up Who Stormed Out & Missed The Goal on 18:32 - Apr 14 with 928 viewsLondonSaint76

Own Up Who Stormed Out & Missed The Goal on 17:32 - Apr 14 by cocklebreath

Liverpool fans never leave early. Get in palace

and get in Villa at Arsenal too - only problem is it leaves Citeh two points clear at the top (yawn)

The gold medals for leaving early this season has to go to the Sheffield United fans who have been seen leaving in the first half of at least two home games, Newcastle was one, Arsenal another, that said they were shipping goals for fun on both occasions….

Poll: How will we get on against Leicester City?

Own Up Who Stormed Out & Missed The Goal on 18:45 - Apr 14 with 917 viewsA1079

Own Up Who Stormed Out & Missed The Goal on 18:32 - Apr 14 by LondonSaint76

and get in Villa at Arsenal too - only problem is it leaves Citeh two points clear at the top (yawn)

The gold medals for leaving early this season has to go to the Sheffield United fans who have been seen leaving in the first half of at least two home games, Newcastle was one, Arsenal another, that said they were shipping goals for fun on both occasions….

Well, having had a thread about our fans leaving early, watch the Arsenal fans. About a 3rd of them left when Villa went ahead and even more when they got the second goal.
Own Up Who Stormed Out & Missed The Goal on 19:00 - Apr 14 with 895 viewscocklebreath

Own Up Who Stormed Out & Missed The Goal on 18:45 - Apr 14 by A1079

Well, having had a thread about our fans leaving early, watch the Arsenal fans. About a 3rd of them left when Villa went ahead and even more when they got the second goal.

Not one local Japanese fan left Anfield early today

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024