Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
On the way back 18:09 - Sep 21 with 6166 viewsDieByYourSide

Harry seriously got out of jail today, dodgy team selection. Traore at left wing didn't work as good as it may have seemed in theory. Midfield was so slow and pedestrian, love him or loathe him we dis miss Barton today. Credit to Austin though for slotting away the peno, could be a big goal for him. Yeovil should really have won, a draw at least would' ve been fair. Green and Dunne our outsanding players. 3pts clear somehow!

Poll: And it's hi ho

On the way back on 18:20 - Sep 21 with 6070 viewsVancouverHoop

Our mid-field sounded as if it barely existed. Faurlin's never going to get another game under 'arry is he? I mean, by all means save Barton for Leicester, but Jenas? I guess Spurs Old-Boys will always get favoured.
On the way back on 18:27 - Sep 21 with 6021 viewsRblockPrior

for leicester? u mean 'boro

Poll: Of the 3 linked away, who do you think will still be a QPR player come February?

On the way back on 18:31 - Sep 21 with 5973 viewsVancouverHoop

On the way back on 18:27 - Sep 21 by RblockPrior

for leicester? u mean 'boro

Ummm. S'pose so. He must have been saving him for someone anyway
[Post edited 21 Sep 2013 18:32]
On the way back on 19:02 - Sep 21 with 5715 viewsWestonsuperR

On the way back on 18:31 - Sep 21 by VancouverHoop

Ummm. S'pose so. He must have been saving him for someone anyway
[Post edited 21 Sep 2013 18:32]

I went today and that is the luckiest win I've seen us have for sometime. I'm not sure their keeper had a single save to make? where as Green had to be in top form and pulled off 3 or 4 great stops. First half was poor, second half was worse, we were so slow all over the pitch with almost movement off the ball at all. Felt we were slow to close them down as well.

Green and Dunne were superb and must take huge credit for the points. Simpson, Carroll, Jenas particularly poor as was SWP who literally did nothing when he came on.

Loving the wins and the clean sheets but also honest enough to admit we were second best by a long way today and that from a team that hasn't picked up a point at home all season.

Terraces were great, bring them back!
On the way back on 20:35 - Sep 21 with 5419 viewsDorsetR

I was there today and we did'nt look like a top of table team, outplayed for most of the match. Agreed Green and Dunne were outstanding, could'nt believe how many headers Dunne was winning, until they brought the big fella on and then he did struggle, fair enough !
Still, three points in the bag and even better if you took Clives prediction and bet on it
On the way back on 20:54 - Sep 21 with 5298 viewsHordleHoop

Have to agree with everything posted apart from Jenas. He was best of that little trio in midfield but that doesn't say much.
I felt having no pace at the back meant we sat deep and became stretched as a team, offering little support to Austin.
Dunne and Green excellent as said.
Was in the home end and there was plenty of Rangers around which was very noticeable when we scored!!
On the way back on 21:09 - Sep 21 with 5235 viewssheppetonrs

On the way back on 19:02 - Sep 21 by WestonsuperR

I went today and that is the luckiest win I've seen us have for sometime. I'm not sure their keeper had a single save to make? where as Green had to be in top form and pulled off 3 or 4 great stops. First half was poor, second half was worse, we were so slow all over the pitch with almost movement off the ball at all. Felt we were slow to close them down as well.

Green and Dunne were superb and must take huge credit for the points. Simpson, Carroll, Jenas particularly poor as was SWP who literally did nothing when he came on.

Loving the wins and the clean sheets but also honest enough to admit we were second best by a long way today and that from a team that hasn't picked up a point at home all season.

Terraces were great, bring them back!

2 ways to look at it. Either we are in a false position and will soon come unstuck. Or, we have that rare ability to produce results when not at our best, an ability that promotion winning teams have. Not sure which one is correct yet, but the longer we keep getting out of jail, the more I am starting to believe the latter is correct. Well done for going today btw, could hear you all in full voice.
On the way back on 21:31 - Sep 21 with 5130 viewsdolcelatte

Really really couldn't give a shiny one how we play if we get a result. Twas the same under Venables. Top of the table I'll take that regardless of the performance.

Poll: Are you sick of people asking if you are sick of polls?

Login to get fewer ads

On the way back on 21:37 - Sep 21 with 5094 viewsAntti_Heinola

On the way back on 21:31 - Sep 21 by dolcelatte

Really really couldn't give a shiny one how we play if we get a result. Twas the same under Venables. Top of the table I'll take that regardless of the performance.

Just cannot understand this mentality. Not having a go, I just don't get it. I started loving football because of entertainment, excitement - and, yes, the joy of winning. But for me the result is never, ever the be all and end all. I want to be entertained! Fine, the odd dull performance and good result is fine - but every week? No thanks. I'd rather see something more interesting. Having said that, I do think the performances will come, this isn't a dig, but at the moment it's turgid.

Bare bones.

On the way back on 21:41 - Sep 21 with 5073 viewsQPR442

On the way back on 21:09 - Sep 21 by sheppetonrs

2 ways to look at it. Either we are in a false position and will soon come unstuck. Or, we have that rare ability to produce results when not at our best, an ability that promotion winning teams have. Not sure which one is correct yet, but the longer we keep getting out of jail, the more I am starting to believe the latter is correct. Well done for going today btw, could hear you all in full voice.

Just back
And agree we rode our luck today.
Phillips not fit.
Traore put up the white flag when things didn't go for him.
Dunne/Green motm.
Carroll? Did he play?
Jenas okay in first half.
rest seem to do okay.
AND YES WE NEED ANOTHER STRIKER!

Funny one today standing again in a terrace after many years. shame they didn't have a roof as it would have helped the atmosphere?

Rubbish journey there being held up at Stonehenge and then the road to the ground. And then trying to get out, waiting an hour only to see the road in closed and the police sending me around the world.

The infrastructure around the ground is s##t and Yeovil shouldn't be allowed to be in the championship unless they sort it out.
Anyway happy to be top.
On the way back on 21:41 - Sep 21 with 5071 viewsN12Hoop

On the way back on 21:37 - Sep 21 by Antti_Heinola

Just cannot understand this mentality. Not having a go, I just don't get it. I started loving football because of entertainment, excitement - and, yes, the joy of winning. But for me the result is never, ever the be all and end all. I want to be entertained! Fine, the odd dull performance and good result is fine - but every week? No thanks. I'd rather see something more interesting. Having said that, I do think the performances will come, this isn't a dig, but at the moment it's turgid.

I agree, but I don't think this is a case of harry's tactics being akin to George Graham, more a case of building a brand new team and them going through a process of gelling. I think we will get better and better (subject to key injuries).

Poll: Who would you most like to see win the Premiership?

On the way back on 21:58 - Sep 21 with 5002 viewssheppetonrs

On the way back on 21:41 - Sep 21 by N12Hoop

I agree, but I don't think this is a case of harry's tactics being akin to George Graham, more a case of building a brand new team and them going through a process of gelling. I think we will get better and better (subject to key injuries).

This is what I'm getting at. You don't go from being bottom and then getting rid of half the team, to then being top of the league as we are now, playing expansive football. Every good team is built on a solid defence and that is what Harry has done. If he had gone gung ho this season I am convinced we would not be where we are now, top. People have very short memories but for me Harry has done wonders. My only gripe as stated previously is his reluctance to play Faurlin. But having said that, surely we should be happy being top? There were many who predicted relegation, but I guess you can't please them all!
[Post edited 21 Sep 2013 21:59]
On the way back on 23:18 - Sep 21 with 4811 viewsVancouverHoop

I'm not complaining (apart from anything else, as I can't attend matches I have no right.) And I think 'arry and, to be fair, Phil Beard have done a remarkable job in changing the playing personnel at the club over the Summer. I certainly didn't expect this type transformation so quickly.

It's just that, inevitably I guess, there's a few instances where I don't see what he sees in a player, and can't understand why he doesn't see what I, and many others, see in someone else. To me Faurlin for Jenas is a slam dunk. While I accept the JJ did better today than on Wednesday, on balance I don't understand what he brings to the party. Never have, even when he was at Spurs. But HR obviously thinks differently.

With our improvement though – and I'm with those who think we'll only get better, unless we run into more injuries – there's going to be collateral damage, and the signs are that will include the end of Ale Faurlin at QPR. Which is a shame.
[Post edited 21 Sep 2013 23:19]
On the way back on 05:48 - Sep 23 with 4324 viewsLoft1979

In the great escape of 2012, QPR beat Spurs 2-1: Great win....against one of HR's dodgy team selections. He was publicly hosed and fired soon after.

Fast forward: QPR 2013-14 will need a bigger squad for more games. Bigger squad equals more rotations. We are DAMN lucky to have 3 Premier class CB's in Nedum, Clint and Dunne. Simpson and BAE also make another set of Premier level players. IN FACT we have better fullbacks than we had in the Prem. Henry is just a year removed from the Prem, and JB with Henry are a tough duo to breakdown in front of the defense. Ale I think is the 3rd wheel there.

In Yeovil, HR saw a chance to rest some of his key performers and experiment a little. Jenas, Carroll, Traore? Did not work well. As said above, Matt is still getting his pace and timing back.
On the way back on 08:23 - Sep 23 with 4188 viewsNeil_SI

I've heard a lot of people mention "Harry's tactics", but I'm not so sure it really is his work. The team is playing much more like a Steve McClaren side would, and you can tell by each post match press conference that Redknapp himself isn't enjoying the football he's seeing and that the side are not bearing any hallmarks of a team of his.

I can understand why he shuffled the pack though, to me that was reasonably sensible, especially after playing three games in a week. That we came through and won the match was a real bonus, because we never really got going at any point and struggled to string two passes together and it was a real kick and rush affair in that sense from us.

But, now that we've got through it, a couple of the players got some important minutes under their belts and we have two favourable fixtures at home. If we can keep putting points on the board, then hopefully we can have a real crack at trying to improve the way we're playing football.

There's nothing wrong in challenging the players to keep trying to do better, even if they're winning, because the football hasn't been good enough just now and it needs to get better. So long as the staff and players keep their feet on the ground and understand that's the case, which in the main, I think they all are to be fair, then all you can ask for them to do next is try and up their performance a little bit more each and every week.

Even though we didn't play that well, I wasn't as bothered this time around. It was just one of those matches that almost immediately from kick-off, you could tell we were going to struggle to get going and that happens sometimes. Every ball becomes a fight, and everything becomes very direct and percentage and probability based. You get those games every now and then.

We definitely have a lot of players who are not match fit, or sharp enough as well. So one hopes that when they are, we can kick on, and that's why playing some of the fringe players is important as we need to keep their fitness levels as topped up as we can. It's a bit lopsided at the moment with so many players at varying levels of fitness and then form.

I think the lack of fitness and sharpness contributed to the performance as well, especially our shape, as we didn't move forwards or backwards anywhere quickly enough and that led to problems with ball retention as passing options became less, and basic passes more difficult because of the distance between players. I counted on more than one occasion where five, six or seven players were completely static and not moving during passes of play. That's a key area to improve.
On the way back on 08:37 - Sep 23 with 4164 viewsCharlie1

On the way back on 08:23 - Sep 23 by Neil_SI

I've heard a lot of people mention "Harry's tactics", but I'm not so sure it really is his work. The team is playing much more like a Steve McClaren side would, and you can tell by each post match press conference that Redknapp himself isn't enjoying the football he's seeing and that the side are not bearing any hallmarks of a team of his.

I can understand why he shuffled the pack though, to me that was reasonably sensible, especially after playing three games in a week. That we came through and won the match was a real bonus, because we never really got going at any point and struggled to string two passes together and it was a real kick and rush affair in that sense from us.

But, now that we've got through it, a couple of the players got some important minutes under their belts and we have two favourable fixtures at home. If we can keep putting points on the board, then hopefully we can have a real crack at trying to improve the way we're playing football.

There's nothing wrong in challenging the players to keep trying to do better, even if they're winning, because the football hasn't been good enough just now and it needs to get better. So long as the staff and players keep their feet on the ground and understand that's the case, which in the main, I think they all are to be fair, then all you can ask for them to do next is try and up their performance a little bit more each and every week.

Even though we didn't play that well, I wasn't as bothered this time around. It was just one of those matches that almost immediately from kick-off, you could tell we were going to struggle to get going and that happens sometimes. Every ball becomes a fight, and everything becomes very direct and percentage and probability based. You get those games every now and then.

We definitely have a lot of players who are not match fit, or sharp enough as well. So one hopes that when they are, we can kick on, and that's why playing some of the fringe players is important as we need to keep their fitness levels as topped up as we can. It's a bit lopsided at the moment with so many players at varying levels of fitness and then form.

I think the lack of fitness and sharpness contributed to the performance as well, especially our shape, as we didn't move forwards or backwards anywhere quickly enough and that led to problems with ball retention as passing options became less, and basic passes more difficult because of the distance between players. I counted on more than one occasion where five, six or seven players were completely static and not moving during passes of play. That's a key area to improve.

I've been wondering this.

Thing is, Arry has stated throughout the summer he wants to play with wide men which typically means two upfront / one up top and one in the hole.

A Bit like his side that destroyed us at WHL two seasons ago.

But he hasn't been able to put out that side given injuries and striking options.

I think it'll be Austin upfront, Niko behind, Hoillet and Philips with Henry and BArton in the middle. That's what he's hoping for.
But, I doubt we'll see it consistently given the injury attributes of the players!

I'm gussing Barton didn't start following the passing off his mate from the addiction clinic.

2:59 baby!

On the way back on 10:20 - Sep 23 with 4102 viewsHantsR

On the way back on 05:48 - Sep 23 by Loft1979

In the great escape of 2012, QPR beat Spurs 2-1: Great win....against one of HR's dodgy team selections. He was publicly hosed and fired soon after.

Fast forward: QPR 2013-14 will need a bigger squad for more games. Bigger squad equals more rotations. We are DAMN lucky to have 3 Premier class CB's in Nedum, Clint and Dunne. Simpson and BAE also make another set of Premier level players. IN FACT we have better fullbacks than we had in the Prem. Henry is just a year removed from the Prem, and JB with Henry are a tough duo to breakdown in front of the defense. Ale I think is the 3rd wheel there.

In Yeovil, HR saw a chance to rest some of his key performers and experiment a little. Jenas, Carroll, Traore? Did not work well. As said above, Matt is still getting his pace and timing back.

Some good points, but I think it was a 1-0 win? Taarabt's free kick finishing in the net quite close to me in Lower Loft
On the way back on 10:35 - Sep 23 with 4071 viewsdaveB

On the way back on 21:41 - Sep 21 by QPR442

Just back
And agree we rode our luck today.
Phillips not fit.
Traore put up the white flag when things didn't go for him.
Dunne/Green motm.
Carroll? Did he play?
Jenas okay in first half.
rest seem to do okay.
AND YES WE NEED ANOTHER STRIKER!

Funny one today standing again in a terrace after many years. shame they didn't have a roof as it would have helped the atmosphere?

Rubbish journey there being held up at Stonehenge and then the road to the ground. And then trying to get out, waiting an hour only to see the road in closed and the police sending me around the world.

The infrastructure around the ground is s##t and Yeovil shouldn't be allowed to be in the championship unless they sort it out.
Anyway happy to be top.

Bit harsh to say they shouldn't be allowed in the Championship, for me they were the friendliest club I have visited in years, nice pub a short walk away couldn't have done more to make us feel welcome, the stewards during the game were good and for it me it was like a throw back to the division two days, I really enjoyed it.

Getting to and from the ground was a bit surreal through country lanes but felt far easier than getting back to the train station from the likes of Reading and Liverpool
On the way back on 11:16 - Sep 23 with 4000 viewsNW5Hoop

On the way back on 21:37 - Sep 21 by Antti_Heinola

I agree. I wasn't born into Rangers — I picked them because of the way they played football. I want to see Rangers playing football rather than grinding out results.
On the way back on 11:22 - Sep 23 with 3982 viewsRblockPrior

On the way back on 11:16 - Sep 23 by NW5Hoop

I agree. I wasn't born into Rangers — I picked them because of the way they played football. I want to see Rangers playing football rather than grinding out results.

although its not a great way of winning I want the best for QPR and that is winning so if this is how we are getting those wins so be it, in an ideal world we would be winning 3/4-0 each week with great attacking displays. I know it is frustrating but atm im just glad we are top and are getting the results that matter. Hopefully the free flowing football will come

Poll: Of the 3 linked away, who do you think will still be a QPR player come February?

On the way back on 11:25 - Sep 23 with 3972 viewsNorthernr

On the way back on 10:35 - Sep 23 by daveB

Bit harsh to say they shouldn't be allowed in the Championship, for me they were the friendliest club I have visited in years, nice pub a short walk away couldn't have done more to make us feel welcome, the stewards during the game were good and for it me it was like a throw back to the division two days, I really enjoyed it.

Getting to and from the ground was a bit surreal through country lanes but felt far easier than getting back to the train station from the likes of Reading and Liverpool

Agreed, bit of a logistical mission with ground, station and town being so spaced out but absolutely loved it. Friendly place, people and club. The left back was even chatting to the away fans during breaks in play
On the way back on 11:27 - Sep 23 with 3963 viewsbosh67

Loved the picture of the two old Yeovil boys sitting on the edge of the stand before the game chitin g with walking sticks and caps. Brilliant picture and what football's all about. There generally is more honesty of proper fans in the lower divisions IMHO.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024