Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Vestergard 23:39 - Oct 17 with 1464 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

So far, he's been like a new signing, great showing again in my opinion.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Vestergard on 23:43 - Oct 17 with 1449 viewsBicester_North

Still hesitant to think he’s the answer after so many bad performances before, but hats off lately I agree about being like a new signing. Seems a good lad as well.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Vestergard on 23:47 - Oct 17 with 1442 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Vestergard on 23:43 - Oct 17 by Bicester_North

Still hesitant to think he’s the answer after so many bad performances before, but hats off lately I agree about being like a new signing. Seems a good lad as well.

I don't want to jinx it, but that's a few decent matches now. Yes he still turns like an oil tanker, but on recent showing so does Bednarek and out of the two, Vestergard's awareness seems to be far better.

Long may it continue.
[Post edited 17 Oct 2020 23:48]

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Vestergard on 08:35 - Oct 18 with 1323 viewssaint22

Agreed he does seem to have stepped up, wonder if we will see Salisu alongside him?
Vestergard on 08:37 - Oct 18 with 1321 viewsMytchettSaint

Vestergard on 23:47 - Oct 17 by Gennaro_Contaldo

I don't want to jinx it, but that's a few decent matches now. Yes he still turns like an oil tanker, but on recent showing so does Bednarek and out of the two, Vestergard's awareness seems to be far better.

Long may it continue.
[Post edited 17 Oct 2020 23:48]

I’ve always thought that when he didn’t have time to think about a situation and it came to making a tackle/block/put his body in the way he was more than ok, it was when he had to make a decision he seemed to get flustered and make poor ones. There’s definitely a decent defender in there on some recent showings as you say.

Block 13; Curva Itchen Sud

Vestergard on 09:53 - Oct 18 with 1226 viewsA1079

I must admit I have moved from a position of feeling a distinct shiver running down my back when his name is on the team sheet to a slightly tepid/luke warm feeling. I like his attitude and he seems a genuine guy who wants to do well and he has looked better recently and I would love to see him succeed. Still think his ability to move and turn when pressed is too slow and cumbersome but when he has time he is making good decisions and is also showing a bit of leadership - I have noticed how he is shouting and directing more rather than just standing there like a totem pole.

Slightly worrying is Bednarek's dip as I saw him as the one bright light at the back. Hopefully a blip on his part.
Vestergard on 12:35 - Oct 18 with 1137 viewsericofarabia

Vestergard on 09:53 - Oct 18 by A1079

I must admit I have moved from a position of feeling a distinct shiver running down my back when his name is on the team sheet to a slightly tepid/luke warm feeling. I like his attitude and he seems a genuine guy who wants to do well and he has looked better recently and I would love to see him succeed. Still think his ability to move and turn when pressed is too slow and cumbersome but when he has time he is making good decisions and is also showing a bit of leadership - I have noticed how he is shouting and directing more rather than just standing there like a totem pole.

Slightly worrying is Bednarek's dip as I saw him as the one bright light at the back. Hopefully a blip on his part.

Bednarek did look well below par, but lets not forget he's just been away in Poland for best part of 2 weeks, presumably on full elite club lockdown, no visiting friends family etc, for the internationals and played 2 full 90 mins, and prob only got back home on Thurs then off again with Saints.
Having said that, Jannick was as well, but only 1 full 90 (against minnows Faroes) and a few mins sub at Wembley and a shorter journey back home after the game!! But he seems to be thriving on being brought back into the fold.
I have to admit that I've always liked him and his attitude and hope he continues to improve his game.
Vestergard on 14:06 - Oct 18 with 1084 viewsPatfromPoole

Vestergard on 09:53 - Oct 18 by A1079

Agree with that completely.

Poll: If we win a play-off semi at St. Mary’s should there be a pitch invasion?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024