Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Marvin Emnes 19:11 - Jan 31 with 15091 viewsTenkosBlondeWig

Jesus wept
Marvin Emnes on 20:53 - Jan 31 with 2318 viewsTreforys_Jack

Marvin Emnes on 20:49 - Jan 31 by Rancid

Now the dust has settled on it you can understand the move more I think.Initial reaction was wtf but like every other player he'll get my support come match day.

Great post
Marvin Emnes on 20:59 - Jan 31 with 2231 viewsNeathJack

Huw Jenkins just confirmed on 5live that Emnes is happening.
Marvin Emnes on 20:59 - Jan 31 with 2216 viewsPacemaker

Huw just on 5 live confirming Emnes signed as cover

Swansea chairman Huw Jenkins on 5 live Sport: "If you look at our first team squad, it was always Michael Laudrup's decision to keep a small, close-knit squad. It's been well documented how many injuries we've had in the last six to eight weeks, but now they're all coming back to fitness. So the majority of signings we've made are for our youth team, our under-21 squad.
"There was no bid for Chico Flores today - that rumour was completely untrue.
"As things stood earlier we were trying to complete a deal for Middleborough forward Marvin Emnes - and I think that will still go through.
"Today we looked at Barry Bannan but I don't think any deal was possible."
[Post edited 31 Jan 2014 21:02]

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

Marvin Emnes on 21:00 - Jan 31 with 2196 viewsJackSomething

Huw on Radio 5 Live.

Thinks Emnes will sign.
Interest in Taylor but none in Chico.
Looks like we did have interest in Bannan to add midfield depth but now not happening.

Confirmed they were looking for squad depth as cover for more injuries rather than new first 11 players. Looks like either ML has changed his mind about size of squad or the board are over-ruling him.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Marvin Emnes on 21:10 - Jan 31 with 2125 viewsJackFish

Surely people can see the difference between us and Cardiff? They need to improve their first team to have a chance of staying up, while our first XI is good enough but we lack a bit of depth, particularly up front.

As for Emnes, again not overly impressed but we're looking for a backup. Only thing I would say is what was the point in getting rid of Luke Moore if we were just going to bring in a few players who are around his level?
Marvin Emnes on 21:13 - Jan 31 with 2084 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

Marvin Emnes on 21:10 - Jan 31 by JackFish

Surely people can see the difference between us and Cardiff? They need to improve their first team to have a chance of staying up, while our first XI is good enough but we lack a bit of depth, particularly up front.

As for Emnes, again not overly impressed but we're looking for a backup. Only thing I would say is what was the point in getting rid of Luke Moore if we were just going to bring in a few players who are around his level?

I'm not really annoyed by the signing of Emnes, more amused, and a little confused.

Wasn't Ngog brought in to sit on the bench to give cover for Bony and out wide? If so, then why sign Emnes? Only 15 league games left. Neither player would adequately cover Bony, and neither are better out wide than Routs, Dyer, Hernandez or Lamah, so what's the point?

Enjoying the next level
Poll: Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before?

Marvin Emnes on 21:16 - Jan 31 with 2055 viewsPhaedrus

The only thing I can think is that a few injuries and we are back with a the bench that started vs Utd in the league except we loaned out Donnelly and Lucas so least they are getting experience whilst we are covered more adequately. A few disastrous Pl games may destroy the young uns. Both NGoh and Emnes have played in PL so they will at least be at the correct level to fill a gap for 20 mins if neccessary. Could you say that about Lucas or Donnelly?
[Post edited 31 Jan 2014 21:21]

And what is good Phaedrus, and what is not good. Need we ask anyone to tell us these things?

Marvin Emnes on 21:17 - Jan 31 with 2033 viewsJackSomething

Marvin Emnes on 21:10 - Jan 31 by JackFish

The exclusion of Moore in favour of first Shechter and now Vasquez is a real head-scratcher.

Login to get fewer ads

Marvin Emnes on 21:28 - Jan 31 with 1941 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

Marvin Emnes on 21:16 - Jan 31 by Phaedrus

The only thing I can think is that a few injuries and we are back with a the bench that started vs Utd in the league except we loaned out Donnelly and Lucas so least they are getting experience whilst we are covered more adequately. A few disastrous Pl games may destroy the young uns. Both NGoh and Emnes have played in PL so they will at least be at the correct level to fill a gap for 20 mins if neccessary. Could you say that about Lucas or Donnelly?
[Post edited 31 Jan 2014 21:21]

Personally, I don't think we needed to sign anyone today unless it was a real game-changer like Chadli may have been, or Holtby and so on.

I just find Emnes a rather pointless signing. But if the club really felt they needed another body in the squad, and deals for Ince, Chadli and that Leicester fella fell through, then maybe it was a case of Emnes or nothing.

Enjoying the next level

Marvin Emnes on 21:29 - Jan 31 with 1919 viewsSwanfan1

Marvin Emnes on 21:28 - Jan 31 by FearOfAJackPlanet

Personally, I don't think we needed to sign anyone today unless it was a real game-changer like Chadli may have been, or Holtby and so on.

I just find Emnes a rather pointless signing. But if the club really felt they needed another body in the squad, and deals for Ince, Chadli and that Leicester fella fell through, then maybe it was a case of Emnes or nothing.

I would have chosen none then, pointless signing as u said.

Poll: Bony´s lack of goals, whose to blame ?.

Marvin Emnes on 21:33 - Jan 31 with 1886 viewsicecoldjack

One of my only gripes with Laudrup actually, the way he dealt with Luke Moore .
For me Luke was a very decent back up and it was noticable that he was popular and that Michu in particular linked up with him superbly well .

I dont know the inside story or even if there is one at all,maybe he was earning a bit too much for a 2/3 choice striker but i do know that when clled upon he did well enough,he got crucial goals at crucial times and was a terrific technical player,which few under the radar of alot of fans .

So we binned a decent back up who seemed happy to play second fiddle for a kid that was a lucky dip signing who turned out to be terrible! i cant quite understand that move to be fair. If he aint getting games at Getafe it was probably because he was sh!t there too !

Oh well, to cover Luke moore we have now brought in N'gog Emnes and vasquez !! really smart bit of buisness there Swans.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing in fairness...
Marvin Emnes on 21:33 - Jan 31 with 1880 viewsPhaedrus

But it isn't pointless in that we have loaned out two players who have been on the bench recently.

And what is good Phaedrus, and what is not good. Need we ask anyone to tell us these things?

Marvin Emnes on 21:37 - Jan 31 with 1830 viewssnork44

I would rather Emnes than have the circus of the family Ince and all the crap that all that entails.

Premier Snork now watching from the USA
Poll: What do you prefer on Planet Swans after a game?

Marvin Emnes on 21:37 - Jan 31 with 1809 viewsJackSomething

Marvin Emnes on 21:33 - Jan 31 by Phaedrus

But it isn't pointless in that we have loaned out two players who have been on the bench recently.

Not rocket science is it. No telling some people.

Marvin Emnes on 21:38 - Jan 31 with 1799 viewsGowerjack

Marvin Emnes on 21:33 - Jan 31 by icecoldjack

For me Luke was a very decent back up and it was noticable that he was popular and that Michu in particular linked up with him superbly well .

I dont know the inside story or even if there is one at all,maybe he was earning a bit too much for a 2/3 choice striker but i do know that when clled upon he did well enough,he got crucial goals at crucial times and was a terrific technical player,which few under the radar of alot of fans .

So we binned a decent back up who seemed happy to play second fiddle for a kid that was a lucky dip signing who turned out to be terrible! i cant quite understand that move to be fair. If he aint getting games at Getafe it was probably because he was sh!t there too !

Oh well, to cover Luke moore we have now brought in N'gog Emnes and vasquez !! really smart bit of buisness there Swans.

Correct.

Just imagine if Luke had scored against Cardiff 3 years ago, the windowlickers on here would have loved him.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Marvin Emnes on 21:40 - Jan 31 with 1780 viewsJackFish

Marvin Emnes on 21:13 - Jan 31 by FearOfAJackPlanet

I'm not really annoyed by the signing of Emnes, more amused, and a little confused.

Wasn't Ngog brought in to sit on the bench to give cover for Bony and out wide? If so, then why sign Emnes? Only 15 league games left. Neither player would adequately cover Bony, and neither are better out wide than Routs, Dyer, Hernandez or Lamah, so what's the point?

Yeah it does seem a tad pointless, but I guess that we've basically written off Vazquez and if Michu isn't going to be used up front. It gives us options I guess but like I said, not particularly enthused.
Marvin Emnes on 21:41 - Jan 31 with 1727 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

Marvin Emnes on 21:33 - Jan 31 by Phaedrus

Been on the bench due to an extreme injury situation. As Laudrup never stops telling us (and I agree), you can't build your squad around the possibility of having so many injuries.

Probable bench for Cardiff game: Tremmel, Tiendalli, Amat, Ngog, Michu, Canas, Routs

Don't really see the need for Emnes to be sitting in the stand (or Ngog of you want to swap) alongside Lamah.

Enjoying the next level

Marvin Emnes on 21:42 - Jan 31 with 1699 viewslonglostjack

Honestly don't understand this one Huw

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Marvin Emnes on 21:43 - Jan 31 with 1682 viewsPhaedrus

yes but theres no telling what may happen with regards future injuries. If we are in the same situation again anytime soon, Id rather two ex premier players on the bench than two rookies. At the same time we are developing our younger players in a safer environment.

Marvin Emnes on 21:44 - Jan 31 with 1668 viewsLiberty

Marvin Emnes on 20:17 - Jan 31 by sammylee3

technially good player and only 25, never wanted to go back to Boro. Good signing give him a chance clowns

Sammy lee, it was you who a week ago said Laudrup cant be arsed and you suggested bringing back Tate and Monk.

Poll: League 2 Mod , Darr, but we are now in Prem - time for a change ?

Marvin Emnes on 21:48 - Jan 31 with 1620 viewsSwanfan1

Marvin Emnes on 21:33 - Jan 31 by icecoldjack

Luke Moore now looks like Messi compared to Ngog and Emnes

yes and one of my gripes with Laudrup, perhaps his inexperience with Premier League got the better of him in the summer, he thought he could trim down and play spanish style competitive small group á la Barcelona, that seem to have backfired now as the schedule in here are crazy and the injuries quickly stack up.

Poll: Bony´s lack of goals, whose to blame ?.

Marvin Emnes on 22:00 - Jan 31 with 1576 viewsicecoldjack

Yeah your probably right there.

We could have actually re-signed Luke if memory serves me well, isnt he available ? there is still time !!

All seems like there are Two pieces to the Swans puzzle, Laudrup and Huw both doing slightly different things while trying to benifit the club .

I got no problem with the signing of Emnes,same with N'gog ,they will be good back up players IMO . It just seems a bit daft when we had that perfect back up option in Luke Moore but Laudrup decided he wasnt good enough .

Both Emnes and N'gog are the right age to develop at the Swans though,they have experience and the ability to learn so overall they arnt bad players to bring in and they give us plenty of options.

I must make a point about leadbetter, im not overly impressed with the work he has done since being in the Job, between him and Huw we have pretty much brought in players that have either failed or been bombed out by Laudrup (Bartley recalled now though)

What Laudrup has brought in at the same kind of level is streets away from what else has been brought in,obviously Laudrup has a blind spot on strikers but his cheap deals look great ,players like Poz and Amat w
ill only improve.

So, its written that Marvin comes on to score the winner against Cardiff then !!
Marvin Emnes on 22:08 - Jan 31 with 1490 viewsdameedna

If you thought we were looking for a proven goal scorer you have to remind yourself that we have Michu and Bony in the squad and they are big money commanders. What a ball player like Emnes does is allow the team to keep the ball longer and no worse than at present. Last season he was scoring and wingers blow hot and cold. Emnes can also play in 4 positions across the front and has pace. A front 3 of Emnes Dyer and Routldge with Michu behind could be devastating in the last 15 minutes of a game when we need to play it over the top. I have followed Emnes closely for 3 years and having seen him play live would say this is a very good signing and someone who wants to be here. Let's not get Billy Big Boots over this, we are Little Old Swansea. Best we never forget that. We take what we can when it is available and when it wants to be with us. Big warm welcome from us all to Marvin Emnes.
Marvin Emnes on 22:12 - Jan 31 with 1445 viewsPacemaker

I don't know why everyone is jumping to the conclusion that Huw and Laudrup want different things.

Laudrup said at start of season he wants a small squad with them all playing as much as possible. Huw reiterates that and signs two short term loans as cover for our wing/attacker due to worries over our wingers recent injury woes.

This board is always a perfect example of fans deluded views of "their"team!

Storm in a tea cup

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

Marvin Emnes on 22:16 - Jan 31 with 1391 viewsLiam12345

Amy Lewis ‏@SkySportsAmy 3m
Also told @SwansOfficial don't expect to do any other business tonight. Chairman has left and all closed up here

Poll: Will we stay up? (if you think not why?)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024