Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pablo v Michu @ #10 / Your best midfield 3. 17:46 - Feb 21 with 3848 views_Kieran

Like I said in another thread, whilst Michu carries more of a goal threat Pablo is much better at picking out KI passes, IMO.

I would LOVE to see the following.

Leon-------Michu

------Pablo-------

What would be your midfield 3?

Michu is always good defensively even when played as an out and out striker, he's also as energetic as Pratley + Shelvey combined. I believe he could hit double figures from this position, and he'd always carry his threat from set pieces.

Reppin' Cwmbwrla, #SwanseaNation, south Wales. Trundleista. Lowri. ♥ - Cariad gyda fy holl galon, y dywysoges Llanelli. Almost as much as I love the Swans. It's G to the Monk. You ain't ready for this kinda technology - N Dizz. #TMT #TheMonkTeam. “I watched the West Ham game last weekend and, I can’t make stuff up, it wasn’t great at all, was it? I’ve spoken individually to all the players and I’ve told them all what I expect from them." “We’re all in this together and I want everyone to know that we’ve given our all. That’s all I can ask for.”

Pablo v Michu @ #10 / Your best midfield 3. on 17:46 - Feb 21 with 2902 viewsLiam12345

Leon Shelvey
Michu

Poll: Will we stay up? (if you think not why?)

Pablo v Michu @ #10 / Your best midfield 3. on 17:48 - Feb 21 with 2887 viewsJackfath

Pablo v Michu @ #10 / Your best midfield 3. on 17:46 - Feb 21 by Liam12345

Leon Shelvey
Michu

Horses for courses.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Pablo v Michu @ #10 / Your best midfield 3. on 17:50 - Feb 21 with 2888 views_Kieran

Pablo v Michu @ #10 / Your best midfield 3. on 17:48 - Feb 21 by Jackfath

Horses for courses.

What about against Palace at home, Jack?

Assuming everyone was at 100%.

Reppin' Cwmbwrla, #SwanseaNation, south Wales. Trundleista. Lowri. ♥ - Cariad gyda fy holl galon, y dywysoges Llanelli. Almost as much as I love the Swans. It's G to the Monk. You ain't ready for this kinda technology - N Dizz. #TMT #TheMonkTeam. “I watched the West Ham game last weekend and, I can’t make stuff up, it wasn’t great at all, was it? I’ve spoken individually to all the players and I’ve told them all what I expect from them." “We’re all in this together and I want everyone to know that we’ve given our all. That’s all I can ask for.”

Pablo v Michu @ #10 / Your best midfield 3. on 17:55 - Feb 21 with 2861 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Based on his old form Michu is a prolific goal scorer and Pablo isn't, so Michu needs to be on the end of Pablo's lovely passes.
Pablo v Michu @ #10 / Your best midfield 3. on 17:58 - Feb 21 with 2845 views_Kieran

So where would you deploy both?

Pablo has been ineffective on the wing. Wilfried > Michu as a striker.

Pablo v Michu @ #10 / Your best midfield 3. on 18:00 - Feb 21 with 2839 views_Kieran

Anyone else seeing the vision?

Wilfried 25 goals.

Michu 10 +

Pablo 20 assists, 2 goals!

Pablo v Michu @ #10 / Your best midfield 3. on 18:05 - Feb 21 with 2824 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Pablo v Michu @ #10 / Your best midfield 3. on 17:58 - Feb 21 by _Kieran

So where would you deploy both?

Pablo has been ineffective on the wing. Wilfried > Michu as a striker.

Yes or Pablo and Michu side by side behind Bony, Bony is not good at getting on the end of the quick through ball from a standing and Michu is better at that, so if he is too deep he doesn't have time to get far enough forward.
For less important games when the top players need resting I would even consider JDG as a striker in the Defoe roll rather than midfield as he is also quick and can score
For me he was a bit too deep when Jonjo came on last night and the team lost his ability to carry the ball quickly.
Pablo v Michu @ #10 / Your best midfield 3. on 18:12 - Feb 21 with 2784 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Pablo v Michu @ #10 / Your best midfield 3. on 18:00 - Feb 21 by _Kieran

Anyone else seeing the vision?

Wilfried 25 goals.

Michu 10 +

Shouldn't that be
Wilfried 25 goals.

Michu 26 + (2012/2013 season as well)

Login to get fewer ads

Pablo v Michu @ #10 / Your best midfield 3. on 18:13 - Feb 21 with 2775 views_Kieran

Pablo v Michu @ #10 / Your best midfield 3. on 18:12 - Feb 21 by A_Fans_Dad

Shouldn't that be
Wilfried 25 goals.

Michu 26 + (2012/2013 season as well)

On the assumption he was played in the 'link up' role. You never know he could do a Frank Lampard.

Pablo v Michu @ #10 / Your best midfield 3. on 18:14 - Feb 21 with 2773 viewsLiberty

Pablo v Michu @ #10 / Your best midfield 3. on 18:05 - Feb 21 by A_Fans_Dad

Yes or Pablo and Michu side by side behind Bony, Bony is not good at getting on the end of the quick through ball from a standing and Michu is better at that, so if he is too deep he doesn't have time to get far enough forward.
For less important games when the top players need resting I would even consider JDG as a striker in the Defoe roll rather than midfield as he is also quick and can score
For me he was a bit too deep when Jonjo came on last night and the team lost his ability to carry the ball quickly.

R u suggesting 4-4-2 to accomodate both?

Poll: League 2 Mod , Darr, but we are now in Prem - time for a change ?

Pablo v Michu @ #10 / Your best midfield 3. on 18:26 - Feb 21 with 2741 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Pablo v Michu @ #10 / Your best midfield 3. on 18:14 - Feb 21 by Liberty

R u suggesting 4-4-2 to accomodate both?

Why be so inflexible as stating 4 4 2 or 4 2 3 1 why not have them switching rolls as Dyer/Rangel Davies/Routs often do, with the most appropriate player moving into position as the attack develops?
How about 4 3 1 1 with Michu as the middle 1 but ranging from centre to side and alongside.
One of the problems with the early combo of an injured Michu and unfit Bony was they kept passing to each other and not taking the shot. Maybe with a fitter more confident Bony that wouldn't happen now though.
Pablo v Michu @ #10 / Your best midfield 3. on 18:33 - Feb 21 with 2718 viewsPozuelosSideys

Would be a variation on the system we currently employ to get them both in..More of a 4-1-4-1.

....................Vorm.......
Rangel...Chico...Williams..Davies
....................Britton................
Dyer.....Pablo...Michu.....Routledge
.....................Bony,.............

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Pablo v Michu @ #10 / Your best midfield 3. on 18:35 - Feb 21 with 2711 views_Kieran

Pablo v Michu @ #10 / Your best midfield 3. on 18:33 - Feb 21 by PozuelosSideys

Would be a variation on the system we currently employ to get them both in..More of a 4-1-4-1.

I'd like that against Palace at home but we need to be cautious defensively against better teams we need 2 to 'hold back'

At least Michu could get forward then back ...

EDIT - Agreed with the 11.
[Post edited 21 Feb 2014 18:36]

Pablo v Michu @ #10 / Your best midfield 3. on 18:36 - Feb 21 with 2705 viewspierre91

Pablo v Michu @ #10 / Your best midfield 3. on 17:48 - Feb 21 by Jackfath

Horses for courses.

...I rather think that Fath has got it spot on.

At Home, against teams in and around and below us, our 4-2-3-1 could become 4-1-3-2, with Leon as the only holder supporting ND, PH and WR as last night with Michu pushed on to support Wilfried.

Away, against Stoke as we saw, Canas and Leon were vital, so perm any 2 from the supporting 3 for starting and play Michu deeper.

Away, as at Everton, JdG's craft can be useful. Plus,plus, JJS is still very young, promises to be strong, and WILL develop.

If anything Garry Monk has proved thus far it's that he's really willing and able to consider ALL these things.

It can only stand us in good stead. I feel a deal more optimistic now than I did after the WHU away game, and I suspect I'm not the only.

Early days, I know, but at least we have the evidence of the last 4 games which have confirmed that we look to be performing much better than we had been.
Pablo v Michu @ #10 / Your best midfield 3. on 18:36 - Feb 21 with 2701 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Pablo v Michu @ #10 / Your best midfield 3. on 18:33 - Feb 21 by PozuelosSideys

That works for me
Very ATTACKING.
[Post edited 21 Feb 2014 18:37]
Pablo v Michu @ #10 / Your best midfield 3. on 18:37 - Feb 21 with 2691 views_Kieran

I'd just love to see Wilfried, Pablo + Michu all at 100% with N Dizz and Routs supporting down the flanks.

GOALS.

Pablo v Michu @ #10 / Your best midfield 3. on 18:38 - Feb 21 with 2688 viewsPozuelosSideys

Pablo v Michu @ #10 / Your best midfield 3. on 18:35 - Feb 21 by _Kieran

I'd like that against Palace at home but we need to be cautious defensively against better teams we need 2 to 'hold back'

At least Michu could get forward then back ...

EDIT - Agreed with the 11.
[Post edited 21 Feb 2014 18:36]

Yep. Think Michu would be the one to drop off as well. Hes played as a DMC earlier in his career so it wouldnt be anything new for him. But it makes me think we'd lose something of his ability to be in the box in the right place at the right time.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."

Pablo v Michu @ #10 / Your best midfield 3. on 18:39 - Feb 21 with 2680 views_Kieran

Pablo v Michu @ #10 / Your best midfield 3. on 18:38 - Feb 21 by PozuelosSideys

Yep. Think Michu would be the one to drop off as well. Hes played as a DMC earlier in his career so it wouldnt be anything new for him. But it makes me think we'd lose something of his ability to be in the box in the right place at the right time.

He'd still make surging runs.

Btw, your boy Pozuelo could be the new Pablo if he learns the art of composure.

He's got quality and vision nailed down.

Pablo v Michu @ #10 / Your best midfield 3. on 18:41 - Feb 21 with 2676 viewsoldcob

Nice problem for GM. IMO it will be sorted out depending on injuries and tiredness. We can now afford to rest any mid-fielder and replace him with quality. They suffer fatigue more than any other position.Though I wouldn't like to tell a fit Michu he was being rested unless it was by phone.

Pablo v Michu @ #10 / Your best midfield 3. on 18:42 - Feb 21 with 2671 views_Kieran

Pablo v Michu @ #10 / Your best midfield 3. on 18:41 - Feb 21 by oldcob

Nice problem for GM. IMO it will be sorted out depending on injuries and tiredness. We can now afford to rest any mid-fielder and replace him with quality. They suffer fatigue more than any other position.Though I wouldn't like to tell a fit Michu he was being rested unless it was by phone.

It is, not even opposition managers know who we're going to go with.

Pablo v Michu @ #10 / Your best midfield 3. on 18:45 - Feb 21 with 2666 viewsVetchitBack

Vorm
Rangel Chico Ash Davies
Leon Canas
Routs (Shelvey, Pablo, Michu???) Dyer
Bony

But to quickly turn more attacking I'd switch Canas with one of the other two no.10s bracketed.

The orthodox are always orthodox, regardless of the orthodoxy.

Pablo v Michu @ #10 / Your best midfield 3. on 18:47 - Feb 21 with 2656 viewsPozuelosSideys

Pablo v Michu @ #10 / Your best midfield 3. on 18:39 - Feb 21 by _Kieran

He'd still make surging runs.

Btw, your boy Pozuelo could be the new Pablo if he learns the art of composure.

He's got quality and vision nailed down.

Pozuelo needs to be on the field when we are on the front foot. Hes not strong enough or experienced enough yet to be picking the ball up with his back to goal. Most of this season our game has been so slow that midfielders and defnders have been all over him when he gets the bal, it makes it tough.

In the last few games when we move the ball out from the full backs to the wingers at pace, there are huge gaps in the centre circle which Pablo has exploited when the ball has been played inside. Pozuelo could do the same. Hes young though.

Pablo v Michu @ #10 / Your best midfield 3. on 18:49 - Feb 21 with 2643 views_Kieran

Pablo v Michu @ #10 / Your best midfield 3. on 18:47 - Feb 21 by PozuelosSideys

Pozuelo needs to be on the field when we are on the front foot. Hes not strong enough or experienced enough yet to be picking the ball up with his back to goal. Most of this season our game has been so slow that midfielders and defnders have been all over him when he gets the bal, it makes it tough.

In the last few games when we move the ball out from the full backs to the wingers at pace, there are huge gaps in the centre circle which Pablo has exploited when the ball has been played inside. Pozuelo could do the same. Hes young though.

He came on the pitch at West Ham like a mad 'ed, he was rushing everything, trying to be the hero.

He's like the opposite of JDG for me.

I prefer him though any day even on his worst day. Pashun!

Pablo v Michu @ #10 / Your best midfield 3. on 18:53 - Feb 21 with 2626 viewsoldcob

Poz had a couple of tidy games and thought he could walk on water, he wanted to do everything himself, and failed to sort out a team mate for a pass. Only good for the future though.
Pablo v Michu @ #10 / Your best midfield 3. on 19:11 - Feb 21 with 2577 viewsLiberty

Pablo v Michu @ #10 / Your best midfield 3. on 18:45 - Feb 21 by VetchitBack

Vorm
Rangel Chico Ash Davies
Leon Canas
Routs (Shelvey, Pablo, Michu???) Dyer
Bony

But to quickly turn more attacking I'd switch Canas with one of the other two no.10s bracketed.

This completely.

Hell of alot of competition for attacking mid.

4-2-3-1 against stronger teams.

4-1-4-1 against, not so strong and more attack.

That said dont think Monk needs any help at the moment, doing fine.

Poll: League 2 Mod , Darr, but we are now in Prem - time for a change ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024