Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How many more points can refs possibly cost us 18:16 - Apr 13 with 4990 viewsQuakerJack

Regardless of what you make of the decision, the fact is that the ref has been told to send chico off by Jose Mourinho.

Forget about betting scandals with players, let's start looking at officials because they're corrupt.

If we lose fairly I'll hold my hands up, but arsenal away, Stoke home now this, these aren't marginal, they're bent, it's hard enough competing against teams that have a player worth more than your whole squad, but with a bent ref as well, very disillusioned with football after that.

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

How many more points can refs possibly cost us on 18:25 - Apr 13 with 2548 viewsPozuelosSideys

Blame the player.

They were both yellow card offences. Stupid. Although its rare that a ref will dish out two yellows to a player that quickly for fouls.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

How many more points can refs possibly cost us on 18:28 - Apr 13 with 2535 viewsApeShit

Are you serious, they were both worthy of yellow cards... Chico is a liability!
How many more points can refs possibly cost us on 18:29 - Apr 13 with 2530 viewsjackrabbit

Rubbish. The ref did exactly the right thing - 2 stonewall yellows = 1 red. What you mean is

"How many more points can Chico possibly cost us"

It wasn't the ref's fault we lost.
How many more points can refs possibly cost us on 18:31 - Apr 13 with 2509 viewsKingBony

One question.....would we have got that at Stamford Bridge or any other ground for that matter? Unwritten rule generally that early in the game player will get benefit of the doubt. Would we bollo#ks have got that decision away from home.

Daddy Daddy cool, Daddy Daddy cool

How many more points can refs possibly cost us on 18:32 - Apr 13 with 2504 viewsWarwickHunt

How many more points can refs possibly cost us on 18:25 - Apr 13 by PozuelosSideys

Blame the player.

They were both yellow card offences. Stupid. Although its rare that a ref will dish out two yellows to a player that quickly for fouls.

First one was cynical and deserved, second was a joke.

Apparently he told that c*nt Terry he was "thinking about it" - probably then got a message from the fourth official who was getting told what to do by Mourhino.
How many more points can refs possibly cost us on 18:33 - Apr 13 with 2490 viewsApeShit

How many more points can refs possibly cost us on 18:32 - Apr 13 by WarwickHunt

Apparently he told that c*nt Terry he was "thinking about it" - probably then got a message from the fourth official who was getting told what to do by Mourhino.

Nah bruv.
How many more points can refs possibly cost us on 18:39 - Apr 13 with 2465 viewsQuakerJack

How many more points can refs possibly cost us on 18:25 - Apr 13 by PozuelosSideys

Blame the player.

The player wasn't deemed to have committed a bookable offence by the referee, he was by mourinho and that's what apparently matter

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

How many more points can refs possibly cost us on 18:40 - Apr 13 with 2456 viewsWarwickHunt

How many more points can refs possibly cost us on 18:33 - Apr 13 by ApeShit

Nah bruv.

Lip read on MOTD tonight. He clearly tells Terry "I'm thinking about it" - meanwhile Mourhinho is in the fourth official's ear.

If it had been a nailed-on yellow he'd have given it much sooner. Chalk that one up to Jose and that c*nt Terry.
Login to get fewer ads

How many more points can refs possibly cost us on 18:42 - Apr 13 with 2430 viewsunion_jack

How many more points can refs possibly cost us on 18:31 - Apr 13 by KingBony

One question.....would we have got that at Stamford Bridge or any other ground for that matter? Unwritten rule generally that early in the game player will get benefit of the doubt. Would we bollo#ks have got that decision away from home.

The difference us that Chelsea haven't got a liability to the same extent asps Chico!

They would have to face Mourinho.

Mourinho, Monk, Mourinho, Monk?

Let me think!!!

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

How many more points can refs possibly cost us on 18:47 - Apr 13 with 2378 viewsunion_jack

How many more points can refs possibly cost us on 18:40 - Apr 13 by WarwickHunt

Lip read on MOTD tonight. He clearly tells Terry "I'm thinking about it" - meanwhile Mourhinho is in the fourth official's ear.

If it had been a nailed-on yellow he'd have given it much sooner. Chalk that one up to Jose and that c*nt Terry.

It was a nailed on yellow though. If he hadn't given it he would have been wrong. Simple as that.

How many more points can refs possibly cost us on 18:48 - Apr 13 with 2364 viewslovejuicejack

Already on a yellow card he should not have gone anywhere near that tackle, not that it would of made much diference, we were always going to struggle for a point agaist chelsea.
How many more points can refs possibly cost us on 18:51 - Apr 13 with 2341 viewsPozuelosSideys

The second one was for me as well. Schurrle had done him completely. Exactly the same as the pen he gave away at Everton.

If you watch the highlights later, Terry was in the refs ear as well. You can see what they say to each other if you look carefully. Thats what swung it imo.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

How many more points can refs possibly cost us on 18:54 - Apr 13 with 2303 viewsParlay

Definite red.

Yes it was annoying that he seemed to change his mind but the correct decision was made, nobody to blame but Chico.... again.

Forum celebrity
Poll: Is £45 a match ticket too high?

How many more points can refs possibly cost us on 18:56 - Apr 13 with 2292 viewslifelong

I agree with you.

The referee originally wasn't going to give a second yellow but then changed his mind when spoken to by Chelsea players.
How many more points can refs possibly cost us on 19:02 - Apr 13 with 2264 viewsunion_jack

How many more points can refs possibly cost us on 18:56 - Apr 13 by lifelong

I agree with you.

The referee originally wasn't going to give a second yellow but then changed his mind when spoken to by Chelsea players.

Although clearly I wish I was wrong, even if that did happen, all they were doing was encouraging him to make the right decision.

This is not a Stoke type decision where it was clearly wrong. This was right and even IF he was thinking about it, it was correct!!!

How many more points can refs possibly cost us on 19:05 - Apr 13 with 2244 viewslovejuicejack

How many more points can refs possibly cost us on 18:51 - Apr 13 by PozuelosSideys

The second one was for me as well. Schurrle had done him completely. Exactly the same as the pen he gave away at Everton.

If you watch the highlights later, Terry was in the refs ear as well. You can see what they say to each other if you look carefully. Thats what swung it imo.

Schurrle was he the number 14, he was a right handful down the wing.
How many more points can refs possibly cost us on 19:06 - Apr 13 with 2232 viewslifelong

How many more points can refs possibly cost us on 19:02 - Apr 13 by union_jack

Although clearly I wish I was wrong, even if that did happen, all they were doing was encouraging him to make the right decision.

This is not a Stoke type decision where it was clearly wrong. This was right and even IF he was thinking about it, it was correct!!!

It was a foul yes, but no way was it a yellow card, especially a second yellow.
How many more points can refs possibly cost us on 19:08 - Apr 13 with 2218 viewsGeoffThom

Deserved two yellows so we can't complain but we can complain about terry running 30m to make sure he got it sad to say which we had a captain with a bit more gusto to do the same or get face to face with terry or ref to defend our players
How many more points can refs possibly cost us on 19:12 - Apr 13 with 2195 viewslibertine

why didn't he just act like a defender

but yes we have had too many stupid decisions

and corruption is everywhere especially here in Swansea (not the swans that I know of) other areas of the council totally corrupt I cannot believe it goes on. absolutely sickens me absolutely blatant.
So does it happen with refs? it happens in Italy so why not?
How many more points can refs possibly cost us on 19:17 - Apr 13 with 2158 viewsunion_jack

How many more points can refs possibly cost us on 19:06 - Apr 13 by lifelong

It was a foul yes, but no way was it a yellow card, especially a second yellow.

Unfortunately, I can't agree. I have seen it quite a few times and not changed my mind once.

There maybe refs who would not have booked him given the time of the foul but they would have been wrong.

Also, Chico's reputation has gone before him so it wasn't ever going to end up well for him.

How many more points can refs possibly cost us on 19:20 - Apr 13 with 2131 viewsjackpot

Well Gentlemen, I've heard the saying "clutching at straws" but really the only person to blame was Chico. In an important game and in that situation he lunges at the player instead of tracking and "herding" him.
I feel as gutted as anybody with the result but don't blame the ref for it.
How many more points can refs possibly cost us on 19:21 - Apr 13 with 2112 viewswaynekerr55

How many more points can refs possibly cost us on 19:08 - Apr 13 by GeoffThom

Deserved two yellows so we can't complain but we can complain about terry running 30m to make sure he got it sad to say which we had a captain with a bit more gusto to do the same or get face to face with terry or ref to defend our players

Agree 100% Geoffrey. Not once did we get onto Dowd. Soft as sh*t at times

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

How many more points can refs possibly cost us on 19:23 - Apr 13 with 2102 viewsSkipTheJack

I don't think anyone can argue that both those challenges could legitimately be deemed yellow card offences.

But, almost without exception, referees will normally show some common sense and just have a stern word (which is exactly what would have happened if it had been a Chelsea player).

And perhaps my biggest gripe is that when the red card was introduced into football there is absolutely no way that anyone intended for red cards to be issued for non-events like that - they were intended for serious foul play, and not to punish a player for two innocuous fouls. As spectators we pay to see 11 v 11 decide the outcome of games wherever possible, and not to watch referees 'perform'.
How many more points can refs possibly cost us on 19:33 - Apr 13 with 2052 viewscanhecatchit

How many more points can refs possibly cost us on 19:23 - Apr 13 by SkipTheJack

I don't think anyone can argue that both those challenges could legitimately be deemed yellow card offences.

But, almost without exception, referees will normally show some common sense and just have a stern word (which is exactly what would have happened if it had been a Chelsea player).

And perhaps my biggest gripe is that when the red card was introduced into football there is absolutely no way that anyone intended for red cards to be issued for non-events like that - they were intended for serious foul play, and not to punish a player for two innocuous fouls. As spectators we pay to see 11 v 11 decide the outcome of games wherever possible, and not to watch referees 'perform'.

Can I just throw BIT OF A SPANNER IN THE WORKS HERE, Shurler or what ever his name is, was booked for two reckless challenges on Dyer? Right, now by the letter of the law he should have been booked five minutes earlier for deliberately handling the ball by cutting oiut a pass that Dyer would have been away up the wing with. Why is it he wasn't booked? Because he plays for a Big club thats why !

Swansea City, my one and only love , oh and then there's the Wife

How many more points can refs possibly cost us on 19:46 - Apr 13 with 2003 viewsmonmouth

Well Dowd didn't send off that Reading gimp for a clear second yellow at Wembley did he? Nor that Man Utd gimp Vidic for a clear red at Wembley, but he does today, after being told to, when he clearly wasn't going to. Strange that.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024