Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wilf cost us £15m 10:08 - May 21 with 6020 viewswhiterock

why would Swansea listen to offers of £18-£20m as reported in the Sunday Papers

Wilf cost us £15m on 18:19 - May 21 with 1245 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Wilf cost us £15m on 18:16 - May 21 by Natterjack

16 league goals not a huge amount? That's 1 goal behind Aguero and Rooney, level with Dzeco and Giroud and ahead of Premier League 'talents' such as Lukaku, Van Persie, ..etc,

As stated previously, when you consider his goal tally against the top defenders in the league it becomes even more impressive!

Why do we always look to knock players when they've done fantastically well? It's only a few years ago we were criticising our board for spending the huge sum of £35k on Paul Connor from Rochdale FFS. Now we have one of the best strikers in the country worth millions and some are not convinced.

You had to be there maaaaaaaaaan lol !
Those were the days, getting excited about signing Carl Heggs et all

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Wilf cost us £15m on 19:12 - May 21 with 1189 viewsJackFish

Wilf cost us £15m on 16:12 - May 21 by ereksten

As I responded to the statement "his goals alone kept us up", I hardly see why that matters.

We won two games this season by a single goal, one of which Bony scored twice, and the other he forced an own goal. I would imagine that if you looked at most of our squad and took out their goals we wouldn't lose many points.

If we did indeed pay £14.8m for him as has been talked about recently then I would certainly be looking for more than £25m now, there's surely no way we'd sell for less than that?
Wilf cost us £15m on 19:18 - May 21 with 1176 viewsPozuelosSideys

Wilf cost us £15m on 13:51 - May 21 by whiterock

£25m with achievable add ons

I think this would be the most likely scenario. There may be a couple of clubs interested if he became available too, but i think he'll still be our player next season. His agent has been making the 'right' noises from our perspective. What we do need is a suitable back-up.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Wilf cost us £15m on 19:23 - May 21 with 1169 viewsStarsky

Wilf cost us £15m on 13:56 - May 21 by icecoldjack

Well his signing on bonus must have been huge then because huw said his wages were within our wage structure !

There. Arnt many 15m quid footballers out there earning 35k a week

Anyway, he has already paid back the money by keeping us in the premier league, he is our best striker bordering on world class and he is also our best defender ! He is worth a crazy amount of money IMO at least to us .

I hope wilf gives us another season and keeps us up then he can get his move .

Steady on!

It's just the internet, init.

Wilf cost us £15m on 19:57 - May 21 with 1145 viewsAnotherJohn

Selling Wilf doesn't make any sense at all to me, unless the player himself was agitating to go and not performing.
(a) Even with a £25m fee our actual profit after agents' fees, tax etc is probably going to be well under £10m.
(b) That seems a modest return for taking the gamble of laying out nearly £15m for a player with no EPL track record, who may or may not have come good - there are plenty of examples of £15m plus signings who are behind Wilf in the goals league.
(c) Having taken the money, we then have to take another gamble. We cannot afford somebody who is already doing the business in the EPL or we lay out the whole 25m, so have to hope to find somebody else who can step up.
(d) We have to do that within WB's wage structure.

We'd be lucky to end up with more than 8m profit and if we then pick a dud we get relegated and lose over £60m per annum.
Wilf cost us £15m on 20:09 - May 21 with 1130 viewsSpratty

Wilf cost us £15m on 16:13 - May 21 by Tom1912

It's not an interesting stat-it's completely meaningless. That's not how football works. "If you remove that goal and assist, we'd have still beaten Villa 2-1". Since Christmas, Bony has been the difference.

Well Tom it is interesting to me and why so defensive I don't think anyone is criticising Bony. I have watched almost every game he has played and understand the contribution he makes to the team and as I said it does not make him any less valuable to us.
Wilf cost us £15m on 20:12 - May 21 with 1122 viewsSpratty

Wilf cost us £15m on 16:16 - May 21 by Uxbridge

It would mean something if you saw him play and saw the impact he has on the game. Anyone who thinks we'd have stayed up with Vazquez leading the line instead is bonkers.

Don't think anyone was suggesting Vasquez were they?

I did mention Lita was good at defending corners (had the most amazing explosive spring into a header IMHO) but was not suggesting him either.
Wilf cost us £15m on 20:30 - May 21 with 1098 viewsSpratty

Wilf cost us £15m on 17:51 - May 21 by johnlangy

16 goals when he was played very sparingly in the first half of the season ? I think it's a fantastic return.

Of course, he's got to do it again next season but I don't see any reason why he won't. You could say that defenders will be more aware of him now. Well, they seemed to be very aware of him during the last 12/15 games or so but they couldn't do anything to stop him.

Do you want to do the Laudrup never played him thing, about the player that has played more games than any other player in our team?

Very sparingly - he played full European games from the start - making a major contribution. Additionally he played in every single PL game under Laudrup for which he was fit.

He said himself the lack of preseason was a problem and he was used to having the ball delivered to his feet. He also said that the PL was more difficult. His fitness and mobility needed to be built up to fit in with the team.

Remember despite his obvious ability quite a few were saying he was crap / not suited to our team. That is why he was not playing full PL games in the first 12 games. However given he was playing full Europe games and averaging 55 minutes when he was initially playing partial games, then there is no way it can be said he was played sparingly. In fact when he started playing full PL games from early Nov (when Michu was injured) he picked up a hamstring injury and was out 3 weeks.
Login to get fewer ads

Wilf cost us £15m on 20:39 - May 21 with 1086 viewsDr_Winston

Wilf cost us £15m on 20:30 - May 21 by Spratty

Do you want to do the Laudrup never played him thing, about the player that has played more games than any other player in our team?

Very sparingly - he played full European games from the start - making a major contribution. Additionally he played in every single PL game under Laudrup for which he was fit.

He said himself the lack of preseason was a problem and he was used to having the ball delivered to his feet. He also said that the PL was more difficult. His fitness and mobility needed to be built up to fit in with the team.

Remember despite his obvious ability quite a few were saying he was crap / not suited to our team. That is why he was not playing full PL games in the first 12 games. However given he was playing full Europe games and averaging 55 minutes when he was initially playing partial games, then there is no way it can be said he was played sparingly. In fact when he started playing full PL games from early Nov (when Michu was injured) he picked up a hamstring injury and was out 3 weeks.

He was never Laudrup's preferred option up front, particularly for the "big" games and it's frankly a little bizarre (although not unexpected in your case) to see people still trying to claim otherwise.

You claim he said himself that he was lacking fitness and neatly omit the other quotes. The ones about him sitting on the bench and wondering why the f*ck he'd bothered coming here.

The fact that so many people couldn't see the abilty he clearly possessed, even early in the season merely makes them just as clueless as Laudrup was on the subject of strikers.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Wilf cost us £15m on 20:42 - May 21 with 1078 viewsDarran

Wilf cost us £15m on 20:39 - May 21 by Dr_Winston

He was never Laudrup's preferred option up front, particularly for the "big" games and it's frankly a little bizarre (although not unexpected in your case) to see people still trying to claim otherwise.

You claim he said himself that he was lacking fitness and neatly omit the other quotes. The ones about him sitting on the bench and wondering why the f*ck he'd bothered coming here.

The fact that so many people couldn't see the abilty he clearly possessed, even early in the season merely makes them just as clueless as Laudrup was on the subject of strikers.

Disturbing isn't it?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Wilf cost us £15m on 20:43 - May 21 with 1072 viewsDr_Winston

Wilf cost us £15m on 20:42 - May 21 by Darran

Disturbing isn't it?

Tediously so.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Wilf cost us £15m on 22:06 - May 21 with 1020 viewsUxbridge

Wilf cost us £15m on 20:12 - May 21 by Spratty

Don't think anyone was suggesting Vasquez were they?

I did mention Lita was good at defending corners (had the most amazing explosive spring into a header IMHO) but was not suggesting him either.

Given Michu was injured, who else was Laudrup going to play instead?

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Wilf cost us £15m on 22:27 - May 21 with 987 viewsMorganator100

http://metro.co.uk/2014/05/21/liverpool-set-to-make-18million-wilfried-bony-tran

Looks as if Liverpool are ready with an £18million bid
Wilf cost us £15m on 22:53 - May 21 with 941 viewsDyfnant

Wilf cost us £15m on 22:27 - May 21 by Morganator100

http://metro.co.uk/2014/05/21/liverpool-set-to-make-18million-wilfried-bony-tran

Looks as if Liverpool are ready with an £18million bid

£3M more than they paid us for Allen 2 years ago, I'd wipe my arse with that cheque and send it back special delivery

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Wilf cost us £15m on 23:07 - May 21 with 908 viewsNatterjack

Hopefully this is just lazy journalism but if not then £18m is derisory and we should tell Rogers to do one.

He can have Vorm without much of a fight but Wilf will cost a lot more than that
Wilf cost us £15m on 23:09 - May 21 with 867 viewsDarran

Wilf cost us £15m on 23:07 - May 21 by Natterjack

Hopefully this is just lazy journalism but if not then £18m is derisory and we should tell Rogers to do one.

He can have Vorm without much of a fight but Wilf will cost a lot more than that

Unless they know Suarez is off it's bollox though I still don't see Bony fitting in there the way they play.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Wilf cost us £15m on 00:09 - May 22 with 822 viewsMorganator100

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/newcastles-bafetimbi-gomis-

Sunderland, Swansea and West Ham are also interested, but all three have balked over the bulging pay-packet he is after.

The Swans are particularly keen as their current star striker, Wilfried Bony, is attracting serious interest from bigger clubs after scoring 25 goals in his first season at the Liberty Stadium.
Wilf cost us £15m on 02:14 - May 22 with 790 viewsdameedna

we had Alvaro, Ngog, Emnes and Lita as strikers, none of whom could hit a barn door with a banjo with the exception of Emnes who most believed had left his Banjo behind on the beach

Have to say and not being controversial but Alvaro looked good in training but was found out this time round, extending his loan would have been an option but am fairly sure his departure is all about GM building a mean and nasty squad for next year

Bony and Michu are beasts and we need another leader up front but that is not going to be easy and we need to know Michu's level of fitness before thinking about letting Bony look at any incoming offers
Wilf cost us £15m on 02:50 - May 22 with 782 viewsSwansNZ

Wilf cost us £15m on 02:14 - May 22 by dameedna

we had Alvaro, Ngog, Emnes and Lita as strikers, none of whom could hit a barn door with a banjo with the exception of Emnes who most believed had left his Banjo behind on the beach

Have to say and not being controversial but Alvaro looked good in training but was found out this time round, extending his loan would have been an option but am fairly sure his departure is all about GM building a mean and nasty squad for next year

Bony and Michu are beasts and we need another leader up front but that is not going to be easy and we need to know Michu's level of fitness before thinking about letting Bony look at any incoming offers

Yeah, we let Alvaro go becuase he is not mean and nasty - that'll be it
[Post edited 22 May 2014 2:54]

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Wilf cost us £15m on 05:48 - May 22 with 764 viewsdameedna

Wilf cost us £15m on 02:50 - May 22 by SwansNZ

Yeah, we let Alvaro go becuase he is not mean and nasty - that'll be it
[Post edited 22 May 2014 2:54]

Alvaro lacked presence against centre halves, needed a tougher approach on top of skills
Wilf cost us £15m on 06:13 - May 22 with 753 viewsDr_Winston

Wilf cost us £15m on 05:48 - May 22 by dameedna

Alvaro lacked presence against centre halves, needed a tougher approach on top of skills

Skills?

Wilf cost us £15m on 08:35 - May 22 with 686 viewsDyfnant

Wilf cost us £15m on 05:48 - May 22 by dameedna

Add him to the list of strikers under 25 not ripping up the Prem & la Liga, may on day be ok but we can't afford to hold onto him for 3/4 years

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Wilf cost us £15m on 08:39 - May 22 with 679 viewswhiterock

Wilf cost us £15m on 22:06 - May 21 by Uxbridge

Given Michu was injured, who else was Laudrup going to play instead?

Had Michu not been injured, who knows if Wilf would have got his chance.
Wilf cost us £15m on 08:41 - May 22 with 677 viewsUxbridge

Wilf cost us £15m on 08:39 - May 22 by whiterock

Had Michu not been injured, who knows if Wilf would have got his chance.

True enough.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Wilf cost us £15m on 09:03 - May 22 with 654 viewsdameedna

Wilf cost us £15m on 08:41 - May 22 by Uxbridge

True enough.

expect someone to come along any time now and say "Michu is not a striker"

Alvaro skillfully avoided getting injured by centre halves
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024