Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
13 years ago tonight 22:52 - Oct 16 with 4052 viewsChiswickjack4

Kev Johns led the Swans fans through the city centre as the protests against Tony Petty began.

The night before we were all in the Patti Pavillion as the Swans Trust gained momentum with Nick Cusack and the players on stage.

Historic moments in the clubs history.

And for the record we lost 2-1 at home to Brighton in the LDV Trophy - Jonathan Coates getting our goal. Mike Lewis and Dai Southampton/Bradshaw opening the gates of The Vetch that evening.
13 years ago tonight on 20:14 - Oct 17 with 2814 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Now 13 years later we are one of the most expensive clubs in the United Kingdom to go and watch.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

13 years ago tonight on 20:17 - Oct 17 with 2821 viewsScoobyWho

13 years ago tonight on 20:14 - Oct 17 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Now 13 years later we are one of the most expensive clubs in the United Kingdom to go and watch.

With a bunch of new age fans who haven't a fu cking clue about our roots and history.
And thankfully will be down the road quicker than a slimy turd when and if it ever reverts.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

13 years ago tonight on 20:28 - Oct 17 with 2804 viewsNeathJack

The average price paid for an adult ticket per game for home fans at The Liberty stadium works out under £25.

Please show me how that makes Swansea City "one of the most expensive teams in the United Kingdom to watch"

Over to you.
13 years ago tonight on 20:51 - Oct 17 with 2761 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

13 years ago tonight on 20:28 - Oct 17 by NeathJack

The average price paid for an adult ticket per game for home fans at The Liberty stadium works out under £25.

Please show me how that makes Swansea City "one of the most expensive teams in the United Kingdom to watch"

Over to you.

What about the people who can't afford season tickets and just like to attend one game a month or so? There are more fans of Swansea City than just the 16,000 season ticket holders.

Our matchday ticket prices are extortionate, but our supporters trust aren't bothered or more than likely are comfortable with their cosy position currently and do not want to cause any bother to their friends in the boardroom.

13 years ago tonight on 20:55 - Oct 17 with 2760 viewsNeathJack

13 years ago tonight on 20:51 - Oct 17 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

What about the people who can't afford season tickets and just like to attend one game a month or so? There are more fans of Swansea City than just the 16,000 season ticket holders.

Our matchday ticket prices are extortionate, but our supporters trust aren't bothered or more than likely are comfortable with their cosy position currently and do not want to cause any bother to their friends in the boardroom.

Tell me, what is the average price paid for a match day ticket at the other 19 Premier League clubs?
13 years ago tonight on 21:02 - Oct 17 with 2741 viewsSwanzay

I was there, who else on here did?
13 years ago tonight on 21:14 - Oct 17 with 2721 viewsswan65split

Yes I was at the Patti, and remember the players on the stage and looking at one of them and thinking "he wont be here long"
13 years ago tonight on 22:12 - Oct 17 with 2639 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

13 years ago tonight on 20:55 - Oct 17 by NeathJack

Tell me, what is the average price paid for a match day ticket at the other 19 Premier League clubs?

The average price paid? I do not know. Clubs charge various amounts for different category games and different seats.

I know that if you wanted to go and watch Swansea, purchased the cheapest matchday ticket, you'd be paying the 4th highest price in the league (I last checked a few months ago), likely the 4th highest in the country.

For a club with few financial problems and the boardroom being made up mainly of Swansea supporters you'd think they'd show an ounce of common decency instead of forgetting about the fans like they have done.

Login to get fewer ads

13 years ago tonight on 22:33 - Oct 17 with 2610 viewsSwanzay

13 years ago tonight on 22:12 - Oct 17 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

The average price paid? I do not know. Clubs charge various amounts for different category games and different seats.

I know that if you wanted to go and watch Swansea, purchased the cheapest matchday ticket, you'd be paying the 4th highest price in the league (I last checked a few months ago), likely the 4th highest in the country.

For a club with few financial problems and the boardroom being made up mainly of Swansea supporters you'd think they'd show an ounce of common decency instead of forgetting about the fans like they have done.

Can you validate this DYSS? Would be interesting to see!
13 years ago tonight on 22:34 - Oct 17 with 2609 viewsNeathJack

You're not comparing like with like though.

The cheapest match day ticket (which is joint 5th highest, not 4th) is also the most expensive match day ticket we have.

We have the 5th cheapest most expensive match day ticket.

For instance how many tickets do the other clubs actually sell at their cheapest rate? It's likely a very limited amount, much like train companies.

For instance, in the recent BBC report West Ham advertise their cheapest ticket price as £20. Their ticket price for our game is £43.

That's why you can only get a fair grasp on the situation by gathering the information on the average price paid rather than just going by the headline figure otherwise it gives a completely distorted picture.

Not that you'd want that of course.
13 years ago tonight on 23:37 - Oct 17 with 2540 viewsScoobyDoo

Although i despise you like the plague i have to give credit where it's due (like i've always have), well done.
13 years ago tonight on 23:39 - Oct 17 with 2532 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

13 years ago tonight on 23:37 - Oct 17 by ScoobyDoo

Although i despise you like the plague i have to give credit where it's due (like i've always have), well done.

It's not as rosy as it all once was, Scooby.

Discontent with the supporters trust and the board is growing rapidly.

10 months ago I was a lone figure in voicing concern but it's now widely accepted our board have changed from fans into greedy men chasing the pound signs in their eyes, or in the case of our Summer trip, the dollar signs.

13 years ago tonight on 23:42 - Oct 17 with 2530 viewsPhil_S

13 years ago tonight on 23:39 - Oct 17 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

10 months ago I was a lone figure in voicing concern but it's now widely accepted our board have changed from fans into greedy men chasing the pound signs in their eyes, or in the case of our Summer trip, the dollar signs.

Look forward to meeting you at the AGM on Monday night where you can voice your discontent direct to the Trust board including our supporter director

Great chance for you to express your views directly on how the board are getting on with their new pals

This post has been edited by an administrator
13 years ago tonight on 23:44 - Oct 17 with 2522 viewsScoobyDoo

Dwight you're situation to ours is a walk in the park mate.
13 years ago tonight on 23:49 - Oct 17 with 2505 viewsbuilthjack

Don't you use the student discount scheme?

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

13 years ago tonight on 23:50 - Oct 17 with 2504 viewsSwanzay

Again can you validate your claims?

Can I ask what would your business/progress plan would have been?
13 years ago tonight on 23:54 - Oct 17 with 2494 viewsbuilthjack

Discontent from who? People generally seem happy.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

13 years ago tonight on 00:17 - Oct 18 with 2461 viewsNeathJack

Aye, it's a quite horrendous time to be a fan of Swansea City Football Club.

F*ck my f*cking eyes
13 years ago tonight on 00:36 - Oct 18 with 2431 viewsTNT

Dwight,

'It's not as rosy as it all once was', and 'Discontent amongst supporters', should really be posted on your manure site mate... and mind those 'thin' roads as you go fella, eh?

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

13 years ago tonight on 05:29 - Oct 18 with 2354 viewsCatullus

13 years ago tonight on 21:02 - Oct 17 by Swanzay

I was there, who else on here did?

Myself and some friends, 6 in total I think, were at the Patti. Two of us went on the march together, spoke to some great Orient fans. Most of others were there somewhere.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

13 years ago tonight on 05:38 - Oct 18 with 2345 viewsCatullus

There have been a few issues, but widely accepted..............nah, no, nay, nay and thrice nay.
I agree the board are taking some back, most likely becoming rich. But they are hardly doing so to the detriment of the team.
Only recently we were giving them glowing praise for the COC ticket prices and season ticket prices haven't risen for a few seasons. Ok, it takes them a while to sort things out, but they usually get there, in the end!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

13 years ago tonight on 09:42 - Oct 18 with 2273 views3swan

Total utter rubbish.

Many have commented on board decisions, over the years on specific issues. What most do is not go on and on about it post after post.
There are contact details on the Trust site if you want to take an issue further, and a direct link to the club if you want an answer

http://www.swanseacity.net/fans/q_a/

Also the Trust have made a comment/statement (I think on their Board Minutes) that they do have concerns about ticketing prices and some cup prices have reflected their involvement.
13 years ago tonight on 10:06 - Oct 18 with 2249 viewsjack247

So you complain about the stadium being too small/sold out every week and then want the club to reduce ticket prices? Fantastic logic. Obvious business potential.
13 years ago tonight on 10:26 - Oct 18 with 2226 viewsbudegan

I was there before and through the dark days, in sickness and health, blah blah. I'm now an exile (in London) so for 10+ years it's no longer been in my interest to get a season ticket, the majority of games I see are away, home games maybe every month or two. You know what though? The club can charge as much as it likes on match day tickets as a way of ensuring the plastics have to pay more to watch the games they only really want to see (Man U / City / Chelsea / Liverpool / Arsenal). That it means I have to pay more? I can live with it. In the case of poisonous trolls like you though DYSS, I'm happy for the club to double - triple even - costs.

And like Phil says, why not pop along to the AGM - go on, put your money where your mouth is.
13 years ago tonight on 13:27 - Oct 18 with 2115 viewsPhil_S

13 years ago tonight on 09:42 - Oct 18 by 3swan

Total utter rubbish.

Many have commented on board decisions, over the years on specific issues. What most do is not go on and on about it post after post.
There are contact details on the Trust site if you want to take an issue further, and a direct link to the club if you want an answer

http://www.swanseacity.net/fans/q_a/

Also the Trust have made a comment/statement (I think on their Board Minutes) that they do have concerns about ticketing prices and some cup prices have reflected their involvement.

Don't waste your breath Clive he has proven to be a very poor WUM in recent weeks

And I don't see him in a hurry to confirm his attendance at the AGM having already stated that he fears for his safety if he goes to a game

Keyboard warrior and not a very good one at that
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024