Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
T2C and LD we go further.... 12:02 - Dec 24 with 12011 views_

I was going to pm this one instead of posting it public. Some of you I'm finding hard to stomach and I genuinely can't see why people feel it ok to not challenge the goings on at our club.

If we challenge things and everything is rosy then great, that's what we all want, if it's not, we should be discussing this with a belief we can do something about it.

So once again, for the real thicko's out there.... I didn't want this meeting and didn't want to go. I went because I was asked and also because I wasn't afraid to.

If you read anything new, great, if it's old hat then I can't help that can I? But I've been asked to report back and I will try again this time.

Bearing in mind we were together 2 and a half hours, even with yesterday's and the below, it's still hardly any of the time we were actually talking accounted for...

So just some notes, some anecdotally, some more to the point, but notes nonetheless...

You did put money in League one though - not that I know of if it was 2006 he said.

So anyway, I asked him like I said did the a trust know and Leigh kept saying everyone knew. I asked did the Trust know and he said yes, of course but what did I mean? And I gave the scenario I have been fearing by stating on here regularly - what if Huw C became a shareholder in his own right while being our Trust Director. He said it was different then - I asked why - and he said because everyone was doing what they could to keep the football club afloat.

I explained going back to why the meeting was even taking place in the first place and that I'm not some fan that's jumped on the bandwagon of late or doesn't watch us from one year to the next, I've been through winding up orders before and have followed this club religiously for over 30 years. He agreed. So I explained why I feel it is important that issues are discussed openly and as much transparency as possible is achieved. I said we have a right to do that.

I explained to him that his company has been showing up on the last four accounts. Payments for goods and services had gone up from around £20,000 in May 10 to £91,000 or thereabouts in the last set published

I asked him if he was charging the club consultancy fees and he said that was part of his wages. He said some people take their wages as wages and he takes some of his salary as wages and some in dividends

He said a lot if the increase that BVS has seen over the last 4 accountancy years is, and he paused, "water" - I asked why he wasn't supplying water before 2010. He explained that he wasn't just Commercial Director, I'm everything.... I'm Stadium Director, I'm Premier Club Director, I'm Chairman of the Community Trust, Swan Aid. I asked him why he was all these posts and he said because we didn't have the money at the time for them to be individually deployed.

I said he hasn't been Commercial Director for that long. He stated he has been Commercial Director for 12 years? Huw Jenkins took over the football side of things and he did the commercial bit. He also stated much later in the conversation that Tenko did most of the stuff they didn't want to do with the more admin side of things, filling out forms etc.... I quizzed this and asked if he meant he was CD in all but name and he said yes.

So that prompted me into reminding him about the old adage we read on here so many times, which is Premier League on the pitch - League 2 off it. He said yeah, I'd love to know why?! Well I said it was true because you're still in the same posts as when we were in League 2. I asked him outright after hearing this - "do you have the necessary experience to be a Commercial Director in the Premier League" to which he replied factually, "I've got 12 years"

I asked him does he have any season objectives in terms of revenue targets. He said he is targeted by the board every year.

I said what fans will come back with is if we are looking for outside investment, why can't it be done organically from increased commercial gain? He said fans have got this idea we should be competing in the sponsorship stakes with the likes of Man United. I stated I don't think anyone thinks that. He went onto say We compete within our level. Our shirt sponsor is 8th best in the EPL, so take the top 6 out then that's good. I said that's just a stat and they can be massaged and manipulated and he reminded me this was in the papers, the Guardian. I then said is that figure down to the fact it was only a short term contract thinking it was only one season with GWFX he said, no it's 3. I said it was only one at the time and he said that was his boards decision as they only wanted one year deals to not tie them down for longer than they might have wanted. GWFX will be sponsor again next season.

I then reminded him of a statement that came out of the club whereby it said that they were looking at Stadium expansion through revenue from naming rights and advertising. I said as soon as that statement was released, it was almost like it never existed afterwards. I even thought it was him who released it but he stated it wasn't and that he didn't really know about this?!

He also said the stadium doesn't belong to us and we didn't get anything from the Liberty deal. I pointed out that if the Swans could find a super deal with naming rights I'm sure the necessary negotiations could take place with Stadco so that the Swans benefitted greatly from that, or even the stadium through expansion itself. He said "potentially" if he was to find a business partner he would then negotiate with the stadium owners that we want x amount from this but at the moment we can't.

There's literally loads more.... But over to you dicks to start the next bout of criticising in the meeting I never wanted or asked for.
[Post edited 24 Dec 2014 12:10]

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

T2C and LD we go further.... on 12:08 - Dec 24 with 4965 viewsJackfath

Thanks.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

T2C and LD we go further.... on 12:10 - Dec 24 with 4945 viewsUxbridge

Good stuff there Chris.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

T2C and LD we go further.... on 12:13 - Dec 24 with 4926 viewsJackfath

Has LD undermined the official avenues of communication via the trust by holding this meeting?

I am also wondering what the other board members think of this meeting if indeed they are aware of it at all? I am not even sure if they need to be aware of it?
[Post edited 24 Dec 2014 12:32]

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

T2C and LD we go further.... on 12:18 - Dec 24 with 4882 views_

T2C and LD we go further.... on 12:13 - Dec 24 by Jackfath

Has LD undermined the official avenues of communication via the trust by holding this meeting?

I am also wondering what the other board members think of this meeting if indeed they are aware of it at all? I am not even sure if they need to be aware of it?

Personally speaking I would say no.

If for only one thing that may come out of this. It's now quite clear we are all talking about the mechanics of our beloved football club and everything is in the Spotlight and open to examination.

It doesn't matter so much how that is done, in my opinion, but just that it is...

The Trust needs a good kick up the arse, but again, that is just my opinion.

And like I said to Leigh, none of this is personal, not to him and certainly not to the Trust board members because I know they put real time and effort into it without reward. I have found out how much time this all takes out of your normal daily activities and it's all consuming.

Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

T2C and LD we go further.... on 12:21 - Dec 24 with 4863 viewsMillJack

Why don't you organise a meeting with him yourself and ask?
T2C and LD we go further.... on 12:21 - Dec 24 with 4863 viewsdgt73

T2C and LD we go further.... on 12:18 - Dec 24 by _

Personally speaking I would say no.

If for only one thing that may come out of this. It's now quite clear we are all talking about the mechanics of our beloved football club and everything is in the Spotlight and open to examination.

It doesn't matter so much how that is done, in my opinion, but just that it is...

The Trust needs a good kick up the arse, but again, that is just my opinion.

And like I said to Leigh, none of this is personal, not to him and certainly not to the Trust board members because I know they put real time and effort into it without reward. I have found out how much time this all takes out of your normal daily activities and it's all consuming.

Would you consider standing for election to the trust.?

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

T2C and LD we go further.... on 12:22 - Dec 24 with 4851 viewsUxbridge

I would say yes. I can't imagine he'd be happy if HC started talking to commercial partners ...

T2C and LD we go further.... on 12:23 - Dec 24 with 4837 views_

T2C and LD we go further.... on 12:21 - Dec 24 by dgt73

Would you consider standing for election to the trust.?

Not in the format it's in now.

I would urge the Trust to develop a Thnk Tank or Pressure Group, one that could be done remotely via video linking or telephone conferencing and the Internet.

Where everything is documented and pressure applied to the TD to get some answers when needed at board level.

Login to get fewer ads

T2C and LD we go further.... on 12:24 - Dec 24 with 4824 viewsMillie

T2C and LD we go further.... on 12:22 - Dec 24 by Uxbridge

I would say yes. I can't imagine he'd be happy if HC started talking to commercial partners ...

Chris, I've been critical of you but Leigh is a twonk here for agreeing to meet, he's left himself wide open and should never have put himself in that position, totally unprofessional, I suppose he's reading this and saying to himself damned if I do, damned if I don't, but all he's achieved is to make us as a club look silly, he should know better.
T2C and LD we go further.... on 12:25 - Dec 24 with 4818 viewsdgt73

T2C and LD we go further.... on 12:23 - Dec 24 by _

I would urge the Trust to develop a Thnk Tank or Pressure Group, one that could be done remotely via video linking or telephone conferencing and the Internet.

Where everything is documented and pressure applied to the TD to get some answers when needed at board level.

And what if the board ignored the think tank/ pressure group, what then.

T2C and LD we go further.... on 12:26 - Dec 24 with 4810 viewsdgt73

Good question.

T2C and LD we go further.... on 12:26 - Dec 24 with 4802 viewsUxbridge

T2C and LD we go further.... on 12:23 - Dec 24 by _

Then stand and try and change the format. I'm not sure I understand your point though.

T2C and LD we go further.... on 12:29 - Dec 24 with 4782 views_

T2C and LD we go further.... on 12:24 - Dec 24 by Millie

Chris, I've been critical of you but Leigh is a twonk here for agreeing to meet, he's left himself wide open and should never have put himself in that position, totally unprofessional, I suppose he's reading this and saying to himself damned if I do, damned if I don't, but all he's achieved is to make us as a club look silly, he should know better.

I'm not sure about that.... And it's not for me to say.

The easiest thing for me to have done would be to shit out. Darran who got in touch with Leigh would have been all over me then.

It's Darran you've got to tap hank for this and if Leigh feels the same, he should look at Darran also.

T2C and LD we go further.... on 12:31 - Dec 24 with 4769 views_

T2C and LD we go further.... on 12:25 - Dec 24 by dgt73

And what if the board ignored the think tank/ pressure group, what then.

Nothing, that is a democracy but I would add. I would want to know which board members voted against and their very valid and commercial reasons for doing so.

You can't win every vote mate, but you can win some.

T2C and LD we go further.... on 12:34 - Dec 24 with 4750 viewsDr_Winston

"do you have the necessary experience to be a Commercial Director in the Premier League" to which he replied factually, "I've got 12 years"

Experience without ability is meaningless.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

T2C and LD we go further.... on 12:35 - Dec 24 with 4744 viewsdgt73

T2C and LD we go further.... on 12:31 - Dec 24 by _

Nothing, that is a democracy but I would add. I would want to know which board members voted against and their very valid and commercial reasons for doing so.

You can't win every vote mate, but you can win some.

But in the real world you will not find out who voted for or against and as you just admitted you could do nothing if the board choose to ignore the think tank. That would mean the think tank/pressure group would be no more than a talking shop.

T2C and LD we go further.... on 12:39 - Dec 24 with 4723 viewsPhil_S

T2C and LD we go further.... on 12:29 - Dec 24 by _

The easiest thing for me to have done would be to shit out. Darran who got in touch with Leigh would have been all over me then.

It's Darran you've got to tap hank for this and if Leigh feels the same, he should look at Darran also.

I thought Leigh got in touch with Darran - are you both saying it was the other way around?
T2C and LD we go further.... on 12:41 - Dec 24 with 4711 viewsPhil_S

T2C and LD we go further.... on 12:26 - Dec 24 by Uxbridge

Then stand and try and change the format. I'm not sure I understand your point though.

That would be my viewpoint. If you don't like the way individuals do things then stand and try and make a difference?

Interesting update though...
T2C and LD we go further.... on 12:43 - Dec 24 with 4694 viewsdgt73

T2C and LD we go further.... on 12:41 - Dec 24 by Phil_S

That would be my viewpoint. If you don't like the way individuals do things then stand and try and make a difference?

Interesting update though...

What about the think tank idea. Could it work?

T2C and LD we go further.... on 12:46 - Dec 24 with 4671 viewsPhil_S

T2C and LD we go further.... on 12:43 - Dec 24 by dgt73

What about the think tank idea. Could it work?

I'm not really sure that I follow what was actually being suggested
T2C and LD we go further.... on 12:47 - Dec 24 with 4663 viewsDarran

T2C and LD we go further.... on 12:29 - Dec 24 by _

I didn't get in touch with Leigh to arrange this.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

T2C and LD we go further.... on 12:48 - Dec 24 with 4656 viewsDarran

T2C and LD we go further.... on 12:39 - Dec 24 by Phil_S

I thought Leigh got in touch with Darran - are you both saying it was the other way around?

100% I didnt.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

T2C and LD we go further.... on 12:56 - Dec 24 with 4623 views_

T2C and LD we go further.... on 12:34 - Dec 24 by Dr_Winston

"do you have the necessary experience to be a Commercial Director in the Premier League" to which he replied factually, "I've got 12 years"

Experience without ability is meaningless.

I go into much more detail on this later on....

T2C and LD we go further.... on 12:56 - Dec 24 with 4623 viewsLeonisGod

T2C and LD we go further.... on 12:24 - Dec 24 by Millie

You're right, it was a surprising move to agree to s meeting. But I don't see how it makes the club look silly. LD is being accessible and at least listening; isn't this in line with a club that is more in touch with its fans than some? As a one off I don't see how this hurts, but it shouldn't become a habit (unless there is a more formal, minuted, arrangement with elected fan reps).
T2C and LD we go further.... on 13:00 - Dec 24 with 4602 views_

I believe Darran instigated this meeting. That's all I will say on that part of it.

That's what Darran does, that's who he is, that's what he's been doing on this message board for ten years plus.

Beware of what Darran is capable of doing, and all underhand and through secret innuendo.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024