Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Monk - Coward 17:02 - Jan 17 with 38534 views_

Sat down the whole game hiding and this defending without the ball bollocks needs to stop and now.

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

(No subject) (n/t) on 20:48 - Jan 18 with 1403 viewsParlay

(No subject) (n/t) on 20:33 - Jan 18 by wetjack

Yes well done to him bringing in Ki and then sending him to Sunderland and not wanting to bring him back

And the Bony he signed then elected not to play him very much

That hero. Yes you're right lets not be selective

Oh im not getting selective in the slightest. My post had a massive balance, yours hasn't. Maybe it was best if he didn't sign either Ki or Bony instead. good point. £18m folly spend right?

were have you come from, is this your only username because im sure I would have noticed someone so stupid.
[Post edited 18 Jan 2015 20:48]

Forum celebrity
Poll: Is £45 a match ticket too high?

Monk - Coward on 20:49 - Jan 18 with 1405 viewsMattG

Been offline most of the day but just a quick follow-up on a couple of things.

I thought we should have played Fulton from the start because it would have enabled us to retain the same formation as we have played in 95% of matches over the last 12 months and before. Would it have affected the result? No, probably not. Would it have affected the scoreline? I would suggest so as Chelsea wouldn't have had as much space in midfield, because of the extra body in there if nothing else. I also wouldn't have had to sit there wondering why the hell Monk was bringing Fulton on in place of Oliveira, presumably to shore up the midfield, when we were already 4-0 down.

I also don't believe we made any sort of meaningful creative impression on the game. Yes, we may have had 12 attempts but I would say that at least half of those were speculative shots from outside the area - I can certainly recall Gylfi's one early on that hit the post / bar plus at least two from Oliveira in the second half. Sticking to the formation our players know and keeping Gylfi in the role where is is more effective would have benefitted us going forward.

To clarify, I don't think Fulton is any great shakes yet but he would have been an extra body in the right part of the pitch. I think going into that game with a different formation and players missing was asking for more trouble than was necessary.
(No subject) (n/t) on 20:52 - Jan 18 with 1398 viewswetjack

(No subject) (n/t) on 20:40 - Jan 18 by sixpenses

Just for your info WetJack from my initial post

"Certainly agree with the OP about it seeming like Garry was hiding. I never prescribe to the stood on the side waving your arms and shouting = commitment and having a plan. But given it is Garry's style to be stood on the sideline much of the time shouting instructions it was very noticable to me that when ever I looked over he was nowhere to be seen. This was more bemusing because it seemed like this was a time they really needed someone shouting instructions given our most comprehensive home defeat since we were promoted."

Please let me know if you think there is anything there that is precious.

in fact I agree with you quite strongly. The whole standing on the sideline showing a lack of passion was a repeated stick used to beat Laudrup with along with the lies about the Paris trip - that never was etc. etc. Remember Huw had to go to the extraordinary length to say some of the things being said turned his stomach and should stop and stated that Laudrup was the most genuine and honest person you could meet.

But it did not stop. As we have seen with the Trust statement on the takeover certain elements will use this forum as a disinformation tool to discredit anyone who stands in their way.

Could you elaborate on the last statement please six?

Poll: Should admin ban Parlay?

(No subject) (n/t) on 20:54 - Jan 18 with 1393 viewswetjack

(No subject) (n/t) on 20:48 - Jan 18 by Parlay

Oh im not getting selective in the slightest. My post had a massive balance, yours hasn't. Maybe it was best if he didn't sign either Ki or Bony instead. good point. £18m folly spend right?

were have you come from, is this your only username because im sure I would have noticed someone so stupid.
[Post edited 18 Jan 2015 20:48]

Mmm me thinks I touched a nerve with you in the other thread so much so that you followed me over to this one to try and continue the debate

I have come from the kitchen into the lounge, where have you come from and I noticed you were stupid ages ago

(No subject) (n/t) on 20:59 - Jan 18 with 1370 viewsParlay

(No subject) (n/t) on 20:54 - Jan 18 by wetjack

Mmm me thinks I touched a nerve with you in the other thread so much so that you followed me over to this one to try and continue the debate

I have come from the kitchen into the lounge, where have you come from and I noticed you were stupid ages ago

Touched a nerve by saying spending isn't a good idea under any circumstances and yet loving the fact that we spend tens of millions to be 9th? Or complaining about Laudrup bringing in Bony, Michu and Ki?

yes both opinions have devastated me.

Forum celebrity

(No subject) (n/t) on 21:02 - Jan 18 with 1368 viewswetjack

(No subject) (n/t) on 20:59 - Jan 18 by Parlay

Touched a nerve by saying spending isn't a good idea under any circumstances and yet loving the fact that we spend tens of millions to be 9th? Or complaining about Laudrup bringing in Bony, Michu and Ki?

yes both opinions have devastated me.

ooo nice piece of revision

Please point me in the direction where I said "Spending is not a good idea under any circumstance"

Please then when you have done that point me in the direction where I complained about Laudrup signing those players?

(No subject) (n/t) on 21:07 - Jan 18 with 1345 viewsParlay

(No subject) (n/t) on 21:02 - Jan 18 by wetjack

ooo nice piece of revision

Please point me in the direction where I said "Spending is not a good idea under any circumstance"

Please then when you have done that point me in the direction where I complained about Laudrup signing those players?

Sure...

"Theres no wise spend in blowing £23m on players no matter how much you want to dress it up"

This suggests you disagree with the signings of Bony, Ki, Montero and Michu which cost £24m from a quick calculation based on memory.

which also answers your other question.

Forum celebrity

(No subject) (n/t) on 21:09 - Jan 18 with 1347 viewswetjack

(No subject) (n/t) on 21:07 - Jan 18 by Parlay

Sure...

"Theres no wise spend in blowing £23m on players no matter how much you want to dress it up"

This suggests you disagree with the signings of Bony, Ki, Montero and Michu which cost £24m from a quick calculation based on memory.

which also answers your other question.

Yes as I thought you were unable to provide evidence towards either statement

Which proves my point nicely

Now I really am logging off having proved just exactly what you are

Login to get fewer ads

(No subject) (n/t) on 21:10 - Jan 18 with 1335 viewsParlay

(No subject) (n/t) on 21:09 - Jan 18 by wetjack

So I have just proved you said spending £23m on players isn't wise no matter how it is dressed up... and you don't think that suggests you disagreed with the signing of £24m of players?

Yes, I think its best you log off.

Forum celebrity

(No subject) (n/t) on 21:44 - Jan 18 with 1305 views_

(No subject) (n/t) on 20:25 - Jan 18 by exiledclaseboy

When we had the gall to sack their hero.

Ooh mate, there's not much to read from you these days is there?! You've spent too much time with Darran judging by the last few months efforts.

Boo!!

Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

(No subject) (n/t) on 21:49 - Jan 18 with 1291 views_

(No subject) (n/t) on 20:27 - Jan 18 by waynekerr55

Yeah. The hero that didn't give a f*ck about our club. The f*cking hero that has fallen out with players and directors at every club he's coached/managed. The f*cking hero that's so good he's out in the desert in a tin pot league

There's just no need whatsoever for that you know... Regardless of whether it was the right or wrong decision that man gave us true legendary experiences and we should treasure them until the day we die.

The man is a true footballing legend nobody would question that. The fact he even came to manage my club meant the world to me. Little did I know then he would give us the best football we'd ever see, win a major trophy and lead us into Europe.

I'm ashamed of comments like these, facking ashamed. When Garry Monk achieves even a vvank stain amount that Michael Laudrup has, even talking about their management time with SCFC, only then will he ever be able to lace the guys boots.

Never forget who that man is and what he gave to us. Ever...

(No subject) (n/t) on 21:50 - Jan 18 with 1282 viewsParlay

(No subject) (n/t) on 21:44 - Jan 18 by _

Ooh mate, there's not much to read from you these days is there?! You've spent too much time with Darran judging by the last few months efforts.

Boo!!

I like ECB, usually a good poster, but you are right he has gone off the boil these past few weeks.

Forum celebrity

Monk - Coward on 21:55 - Jan 18 with 1279 views_

Monk - Coward on 20:49 - Jan 18 by MattG

Been offline most of the day but just a quick follow-up on a couple of things.

I thought we should have played Fulton from the start because it would have enabled us to retain the same formation as we have played in 95% of matches over the last 12 months and before. Would it have affected the result? No, probably not. Would it have affected the scoreline? I would suggest so as Chelsea wouldn't have had as much space in midfield, because of the extra body in there if nothing else. I also wouldn't have had to sit there wondering why the hell Monk was bringing Fulton on in place of Oliveira, presumably to shore up the midfield, when we were already 4-0 down.

I also don't believe we made any sort of meaningful creative impression on the game. Yes, we may have had 12 attempts but I would say that at least half of those were speculative shots from outside the area - I can certainly recall Gylfi's one early on that hit the post / bar plus at least two from Oliveira in the second half. Sticking to the formation our players know and keeping Gylfi in the role where is is more effective would have benefitted us going forward.

To clarify, I don't think Fulton is any great shakes yet but he would have been an extra body in the right part of the pitch. I think going into that game with a different formation and players missing was asking for more trouble than was necessary.

Great post

(No subject) (n/t) on 21:56 - Jan 18 with 1273 viewsNeathJack

(No subject) (n/t) on 21:49 - Jan 18 by _

There's just no need whatsoever for that you know... Regardless of whether it was the right or wrong decision that man gave us true legendary experiences and we should treasure them until the day we die.

The man is a true footballing legend nobody would question that. The fact he even came to manage my club meant the world to me. Little did I know then he would give us the best football we'd ever see, win a major trophy and lead us into Europe.

I'm ashamed of comments like these, facking ashamed. When Garry Monk achieves even a vvank stain amount that Michael Laudrup has, even talking about their management time with SCFC, only then will he ever be able to lace the guys boots.

It's strange that you can't give the man who has captained Swansea City in every division, won 3 promotions along the way, and taken on the responsibility of manager a modicum of the love & respect you appear give to a guy who lost interest in Swansea City within 12 months of being here.
(No subject) (n/t) on 21:56 - Jan 18 with 1272 views_

(No subject) (n/t) on 21:09 - Jan 18 by wetjack

Thank fack for that.

Wet isn't the word!!!

(No subject) (n/t) on 21:58 - Jan 18 with 1268 views_

(No subject) (n/t) on 21:50 - Jan 18 by Parlay

I like ECB, usually a good poster, but you are right he has gone off the boil these past few weeks.

Proper bitch at the moment...

(No subject) (n/t) on 21:59 - Jan 18 with 1267 viewswaynekerr55

(No subject) (n/t) on 21:49 - Jan 18 by _

Chris there's every reason to react that way. He didn't give a damn post COC. One of the best players ever to grace the game. Although Cruyff did say that his ambivalence was arguably the thing that stopped him being THE best ever.

He was brilliant. The moment his agent started his nonsense was the beginning of the end.

Was/is Monk the best replacement?well that's up for debate.
[Post edited 18 Jan 2015 22:05]

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

(No subject) (n/t) on 22:05 - Jan 18 with 1247 views_

(No subject) (n/t) on 21:56 - Jan 18 by NeathJack

It's strange that you can't give the man who has captained Swansea City in every division, won 3 promotions along the way, and taken on the responsibility of manager a modicum of the love & respect you appear give to a guy who lost interest in Swansea City within 12 months of being here.

Give me a true critique on the Swans and we'll speak, until then you've got no credence.

And I've given Monk enough praise over the years and whilst managing.

Balance!

(No subject) (n/t) on 22:07 - Jan 18 with 1240 views_

(No subject) (n/t) on 21:59 - Jan 18 by waynekerr55

Chris there's every reason to react that way. He didn't give a damn post COC. One of the best players ever to grace the game. Although Cruyff did say that his ambivalence was arguably the thing that stopped him being THE best ever.

He was brilliant. The moment his agent started his nonsense was the beginning of the end.

Was/is Monk the best replacement?well that's up for debate.
[Post edited 18 Jan 2015 22:05]

I don't buy that nonsense at all.

If Monk had to deal with getting to Napoli in the Europa League he'd internally combust.

(No subject) (n/t) on 22:10 - Jan 18 with 1233 viewsNeathJack

(No subject) (n/t) on 22:05 - Jan 18 by _

Give me a true critique on the Swans and we'll speak, until then you've got no credence.

And I've given Monk enough praise over the years and whilst managing.

Balance!

I've got no credence?

This from the bloke who calls Garry Monk a coward.

Balance by f*ck.
(No subject) (n/t) on 22:35 - Jan 18 with 1193 views_

(No subject) (n/t) on 22:10 - Jan 18 by NeathJack

I've got no credence?

This from the bloke who calls Garry Monk a coward.

Balance by f*ck.

You can't do it can you....

Pathetic Paul

(No subject) (n/t) on 22:39 - Jan 18 with 1186 viewsNeathJack

(No subject) (n/t) on 22:35 - Jan 18 by _

You can't do it can you....

Pathetic Paul

I can do whatever I want Christopher, I'm not one of the monkeys who dance to your tune.

Pathetic is calling Garry Monk a coward.
(No subject) (n/t) on 22:52 - Jan 18 with 1149 viewssixpenses

(No subject) (n/t) on 20:27 - Jan 18 by waynekerr55

Yeah. The hero that didn't give a f*ck about our club. The f*cking hero that has fallen out with players and directors at every club he's coached/managed. The f*cking hero that's so good he's out in the desert in a tin pot league

Ohhh WK55 you have it bad ........ Laudrup envy - go on I will give you the bit of attention you have been craving even though child psychology would warn me against acknowledging tantrums.

Pretty sad stuff to say about a manager that achieved so exceptionally for us. You know real things not like best bit after the first bit ever, or manager that played a new striker least in the PL by a long stretch but moaned on TV about about another manager doing the same..

What's this about wanting the first pick at training come on now he either couldn't be arsed to turn up and was living the vida loca in Paris or he was so keen he was always there wanting first pick. I imagine it was because he was insecure having never achieved anything in football before and wanted to be in a good team.

Oh and wanting adults to behave like well er adults - obviously a step too far.

Oh and no one had a good word to say about him well his own Chairman for one said he was the most genuine and honest person you could meet. Vorm said he was kind and even why don't you play me more in the PL (even though I was getting twice the PL game time of Gomis - who I complained was being played too much - and know I have PL fitness issues and keep falling over) Bony said he was a good coach after he left

Funny how you refer to Laudrup as a hero or Mr Perfect as I am not aware of anyone saying that except the naysayers trying to take the P!ss. The old strategy if you have nothing make something up.

Seriously though you do seem to have some issues. Perhaps Sir Laudrup will meet up with you and discuss your concerns like that latter day love story of T2C and the vending machine guy.

My guess though is he is too busy counting his piles of dosh in the desert still bemused about the treatment he got here when we did not even have the balls, class or professionalism to sack him face to face or let him say goodbye to his players.

Remember:
In the desert you can remember your name
'Cause there ain't no one for to give you no pain
(No subject) (n/t) on 22:57 - Jan 18 with 1130 views_

(No subject) (n/t) on 22:39 - Jan 18 by NeathJack

I can do whatever I want Christopher, I'm not one of the monkeys who dance to your tune.

Pathetic is calling Garry Monk a coward.

S'funny, I've read the board since Chelsea and didn't read one piece of critique from you, constructive or otherwise.

You can't be taken seriously I'm afraid.

(No subject) (n/t) on 23:00 - Jan 18 with 1120 viewsNeathJack

(No subject) (n/t) on 22:57 - Jan 18 by _

S'funny, I've read the board since Chelsea and didn't read one piece of critique from you, constructive or otherwise.

You can't be taken seriously I'm afraid.

I couldn't give a flying one if you consider me to be taken seriously or not.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024